HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyi

Old
01-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

vCash: 500
Nyi

With the Islanders only 2 points out of a playoff spot, do they make any acquisitions nearing the deadline, and does Hamonic or DeHaan become available pieces for the right trade?

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Oggdogg17

Ill take either De Haan or Hamonic for any of the garbage on the Leafs. Excluding guys like Kessel, Stalberg, White or Kulemin. How would Kabs work for you guys? for a first and one of those two d prospects ? maybe a young roster player, or a salary dump... Value is fair? Yes? No?

Oggdogg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

I highly doubt that Hamonic and DeHaan are available. It's possible, I suppose, but I think it's very, very unlikely... especially for a high-priced veteran.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Oggdogg17

Kabs isnt high priced and is signed for another year. 3rd in d scoring. Makes one of them expendable I think

Oggdogg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
james7187*

Ya I'd like De Haan or Hamonic, probably Hamonic is more available than De Haan because the Islanders moved up in the draft specifically for De Haan.

james7187* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

They may make a minor acquisition. I can assure you neither of those prospects will be available.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pattyb91
Twitter: @pattyb94

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
NO. Hamonic and De Haan are the Islanders top prospects and just because we are having a decent year dosent mean we should go out and ruin all the progress we made.

pattyb91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
They may make a minor acquisition. I can assure you neither of those prospects will be available.
This, if anything. They're more likely to stand pat than make a big acquisition or have a fire sale.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoisles39 View Post
NO. Hamonic and De Haan are the Islanders top prospects and just because we are having a decent year dosent mean we should go out and ruin all the progress we made.
Nilsson + O'Marra + Plante for 3 months of Smyth was not too bad in the end.. none of the prospects turned out very good for EDM ...

Dont do it again!!

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 04:01 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Okay, let me make this clear....

Untouchables: Okposo, Tavares, deHaan, Hamonic, Streit, and Bailey.

Everyone else is available, but as others said I highly doubt the Islanders will be big players at the deadline.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 04:09 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

If Snow is smart, neither of those two are being moved.

They've made progress, they're not the worst team in the NHL, that's step one. Step two is making the playoffs. Step two won't come at the cost of step three, which is developing the young talent the team has.

If the Isles are serious about staying on Long Island, guys like DeHaan and Hamonic are not going anywhere.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
With the Islanders only 2 points out of a playoff spot, do they make any acquisitions nearing the deadline, and does Hamonic or DeHaan become available pieces for the right trade?
You can assume that if the Isles make moves at the deadline they will be small and players like Hamonic, Dehaan, Petrov, Okposo, Tavares, Bailey, Hunter , Nielsen ,Streit and the 1st and 2nd round picks in 2010 are all off the table.

This team is in year 2 of a total rebuild and if they make the playoffs this year it will be dumbfounding based on the lack of NHL talent on defense.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
You can assume that if the Isles make moves at the deadline they will be small and players like Hamonic, Dehaan, Petrov, Okposo, Tavares, Bailey, Hunter , Nielsen ,Streit and the 1st and 2nd round picks in 2010 are all off the table.
I agree with slapshot723 - Okposo, Tavares, Bailey, Hamonic, de Haan, Streit are off the table. I'd add Roli to that, I see no reason to trade him (unless somebody knocked our socks off).

Players who are definitely available: Biron.

Players who have no value anymore, but you'd need to watch the Isles to know this: Richard Park, Doug Weight, Brendan Witt.

Bergenheim or Comeau ought to be available (no point in having both). Nielsen is a stopgap. Sutton is a stopgap. Hunter, Isles fans disagree about.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 04:57 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
I agree with slapshot723 - Okposo, Tavares, Bailey, Hamonic, de Haan, Streit are off the table. I'd add Roli to that, I see no reason to trade him (unless somebody knocked our socks off).

Players who have no value anymore, but you'd need to watch the Isles to know this: Richard Park, Doug Weight, Brendan Witt.

Bergenheim or Comeau ought to be available (no point in having both). Nielsen is a stopgap. Sutton is a stopgap. Hunter, Isles fans disagree about.

Cheers,

Dan-o
I really don't want to trade Bergenheim. Comeau, fine. Bergie, no way. Nielsen I would trade if we were getting a poor man's Jordan Staal.

Old
01-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Axe Man
Brooklyn Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
I say no. We are rebuilding right now and I would not give up any young talent just to help us squeak into the playoffs for one season. I am thinking long term.

Axe Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggdogg17 View Post
Kabs isnt high priced and is signed for another year. 3rd in d scoring. Makes one of them expendable I think
Consider that Kubina would be the 2nd highest player on the Isles. What "isn't high priced" is relative. The Isles likely won't be moving one of their top prospects and adding that kind of salary for 1 year of service.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post

Cheers,

Dan-o
I disagree about Nielsen being a stop gap , he has been arguably the best forward on the ice many nights. He makes things happen and is signed to a dirt cheap contract. I have been watching him grow in Bport for years and he is probably the most under rated player on the Isles, by the Isles fans.
Sutton is a stop gap and possibly can be resigned cheaper then he was paid this year.
Hunter is worth more to the Isles then to anyone else and will only be moved for a overpayment

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:41 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

Quote:
I disagree about Nielsen being a stop gap , he has been arguably the best forward on the ice many nights. He makes things happen and is signed to a dirt cheap contract. I have been watching him grow in Bport for years and he is probably the most under rated player on the Isles, by the Isles fans.
Sutton is a stop gap and possibly can be resigned cheaper then he was paid this year.
Hunter is worth more to the Isles then to anyone else and will only be moved for a overpayment
EXACTLY. And why is it again that the Islanders want to make a move? One and done in the playoffs is not what this rebuild is about. That is what we were trying to move on from.

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:48 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I can see the Isles making a push this year. No crazy trades i.e Kovy but I think they'll add a few pieces. They have enough prospects and pics to not have to hurt their roster too much. It'll be nice to see teams that are usually sellers buying this year i.e NYI, Kings, PHX.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 07:06 PM
KH1

Quote:
I too think that Nielsen has a longterm future on this team, but it's as a 4th line center. He's a nice player but gets too much high leverage icetime for a guy of his abilities.

I'd bet that the Isles pretty much stand pat at the deadline. They are still firmly in the playoff hunt but anyone who's watched them play knows that they don't have the kind of defense to make a legitimate run.

Biron will definitely be moved, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Andy Sutton swapped for a slightly inferior defenseman with a team friendly contract (Sutton has played great, but will hit unrestricted free agency after the season.) Other than that, I don't expect the Isles to do much.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:14 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

My question for Isles fans is what would you guys be looking to address?

Old
01-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

A playoff berth is important and the Isles or any team close will try to buy at the deadline to get in.

The Isles don't have to sell off their young players to be buyers either. They could acquire a decent veteran for the ever-popular HF Special of a 2nd + Mid Level Prospect.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:32 PM
JT91

Defense for sure are d sucks

JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:41 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
My question for Isles fans is what would you guys be looking to address?
Mostly defense, for now and the future. It's currently our biggest problem.

Another top-6 forward would help too, preferably a RW.

Old
01-13-2010, 11:37 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
Mostly defense, for now and the future. It's currently our biggest problem.

Another top-6 forward would help too, preferably a RW.
well from the leafs we have Lee Stempniak available as a top 6 rw ufa and on d pretty much all we could offer is Exelby as a 5/6 guy. Stempniak however plays the point on the pp if that helps your situation at all. Neither of them would come at much of a cost. I guess there is also White but his value on the trade front seems up in the air and would probably cost more then the Isles would want to spend.