HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks interested in Corvo, Cullen

Old
01-12-2010, 03:05 PM
JUICEY*

vCash: 500
Hawks interested in Corvo, Cullen

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-to-Go/1/25484

It's from Eklund, so take it for what it's worth.

Quote:
On Joe Corvo...

One of the many valuable chips that the Hurricanes currently hold. The Canes are down but not out. If they do the right things with their chips this deadline and then land Taylor Hall...well, they could be right back in top quickly....I have heard Chicago (tied to another move), Dallas, and Montreal.
Quote:
On Matt Cullen...

Another Cane chip, Matt is the kind of player who makes a difference in a long playoff run. He is versatile. I have heard Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago, and Vancouver

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEY View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-to-Go/1/25484

It's from Eklund, so take it for what it's worth.
Cullen would be insurance for Bolland. He is very versatile aswell. Corvo is an older better Barker. PP/ Great Shot. I think a Kopecky and Barker for Cullen and Corvo may do?

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 04:13 PM
CommittedIndians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Cullen would be insurance for Bolland. He is very versatile aswell. Corvo is an older better Barker. PP/ Great Shot. I think a Kopecky and Barker for Cullen and Corvo may do?
If we can give away Barker AND Kopecky... I'll play the Mega!

Barker-to-Carolina's been floating since August, and they're absolutely looking to get younger. I don't think we're going to get into the mix on Corvo because we still have to somehow find enough roster space for Burish and Bolland. Everyone's excited to get Bolland back, but don't forget how good Burish is on the PK.

CommittedIndians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 406
I proposed

Corvo + 2nd for Barker

And then I got made fun of by the guy at puck daddy (He said I was out of my mind )

I would love that deal although I also had Gilbert going to Car and Barker going to Edm in it

Corvo skates good and would fit in with our teams transition game and he is better in his own end then Barker

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I proposed

Corvo + 2nd for Barker

And then I got made fun of by the guy at puck daddy (He said I was out of my mind )

I would love that deal although I also had Gilbert going to Car and Barker going to Edm in it

Corvo skates good and would fit in with our teams transition game and he is better in his own end then Barker
And Joe's a local!

Marotte Marauder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 05:30 PM
crimsonking

Cullen still seems like an OK option as long as he could play both centre and wing. Wasn't Corvo injured though?

Edit: yup, Corvo is on the IR for an injured right leg, out indefinitely.

crimsonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:57 PM
lfchockey*

why mess up the chemistry now?
Things are working fine, so I'd just ride it out and see how things change as we approach the trade deadline.

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 05:26 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Do you guys have any interest in Volchenkov for your playoff run? He has the most block shots of anyone in the NHL in the last 3 seasons.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 05:51 PM
stingo

vCash: 50
Cullen would be a good backup if Bolland is not going to be 100%

Corvo is a woman-beater. Keep away. And just so I don't get kicked out for slander:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2003/...rvo031030.html

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 05:51 PM
stingo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Do you guys have any interest in Volchenkov for your playoff run? He has the most block shots of anyone in the NHL in the last 3 seasons.
Yes, I'd love him on the back end.

Would Barker, Skille and 2nd do it?

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post

I'd love Volchenkov on the back end as well... Ottawa fans would definately prefer to keep him though. He's the same status as Hjalmarsson, I feel: Fans love him, steady as a rock defensively, upcoming free agent that the organization and fans don't want to see go to someone else. It'd take a big overpayment to get Volchenkov here...

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Cullen would be a good backup if Bolland is not going to be 100%

Corvo is a woman-beater. Keep away. And just so I don't get kicked out for slander:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2003/...rvo031030.html
I am aware of that

7 years ago

But he has seemed to turn his life around and hasn't had trouble with law since then

So I am not for holding that against a man. People change

Old
01-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 4415
I really hope you guys get Cullen. Since my own team sucks, I have been watching lots of Hawks game this year. I really think Cullen would be a big boost to your lineup. He's been playing some good hockey lately and therefore doesn't fit in on our team anymore. Besides that, I would dearly love it if Matty Cullen went to a team I wanted to win the cup. Go Hawks!

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac4ever View Post
I really hope you guys get Cullen. Since my own team sucks, I have been watching lots of Hawks game this year. I really think Cullen would be a big boost to your lineup. He's been playing some good hockey lately and therefore doesn't fit in on our team anymore. Besides that, I would dearly love it if Matty Cullen went to a team I wanted to win the cup. Go Hawks!
What happened to you guys this year? I don't watch a lot of 'Canes games but I've always liked them and it's just amazing how far they've fallen this year.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Caniac4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
What happened to you guys this year? I don't watch a lot of 'Canes games but I've always liked them and it's just amazing how far they've fallen this year.
Mostly our problem is that all of our old gritty guys are no longer gritty. Aaron Ward, Nick Wallin, Rod Brind'Amour, and Stephane Yelle are much more help to the opposition than they are to their own team. I would really hope that all of them retire after this season. None of them will be back with the Canes next season except for maybe Rod, who has one more year on his contract. His terrible play has all of us in hopes he will retire. If not, there is a small chance he would be bought out. He can no longer lead this team by example. For as great of a leader and player as he once was for us, it's past time for him to hang them up...

Then you have the next group of guys that just suck. Sergei Samsonov, Erik Cole, and Chad LaRose would fit in this category. LaRose used to be a great player, but since he signed for big money this past summer he has totally disappeared. Cole and Sammy, well, they are just Cole and Sammy.

Next you have the injuries. Eric Staal and Cam Ward, our two main men, have both been out significant time due to injuries, sickness, and/or personal leave. The Canes go as those two go...

We all just really hope our dear GM has seen the light at the end of the tunnel and realized this is the end of his beloved Stanley Cup team from 2006. It is high time to bring in some new, younger, faster, and hungrier kids. We have a solid core to build around with Gleason, Ruutu, Staal, Cam Ward, Pitkanen, and Sutter. Since it is very obvious that we aren't making the playoffs this year, we are in hopes we will be able to get a draft pick low enough that he'll be able to come in and help us out next season. I don't think the much needed rebuild needs to take that many years...

Ok, probably ten times the information you were looking for. Sorry! My friend and I decided that instead of wasting our money on going to see the Canes suck at an away game this season, we'd just come up to Chicago and see the Hawks play sometime... Regardless if we make it or not, we'll be pulling for you guys all the way come April... Cheers!

Old
01-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Mostly our problem is that all of our old gritty guys are no longer gritty. Aaron Ward, Nick Wallin, Rod Brind'Amour, and Stephane Yelle are much more help to the opposition than they are to their own team. I would really hope that all of them retire after this season. None of them will be back with the Canes next season except for maybe Rod, who has one more year on his contract. His terrible play has all of us in hopes he will retire. If not, there is a small chance he would be bought out. He can no longer lead this team by example. For as great of a leader and player as he once was for us, it's past time for him to hang them up...

Then you have the next group of guys that just suck. Sergei Samsonov, Erik Cole, and Chad LaRose would fit in this category. LaRose used to be a great player, but since he signed for big money this past summer he has totally disappeared. Cole and Sammy, well, they are just Cole and Sammy.

Next you have the injuries. Eric Staal and Cam Ward, our two main men, have both been out significant time due to injuries, sickness, and/or personal leave. The Canes go as those two go...

We all just really hope our dear GM has seen the light at the end of the tunnel and realized this is the end of his beloved Stanley Cup team from 2006. It is high time to bring in some new, younger, faster, and hungrier kids. We have a solid core to build around with Gleason, Ruutu, Staal, Cam Ward, Pitkanen, and Sutter. Since it is very obvious that we aren't making the playoffs this year, we are in hopes we will be able to get a draft pick low enough that he'll be able to come in and help us out next season. I don't think the much needed rebuild needs to take that many years...

Ok, probably ten times the information you were looking for. Sorry! My friend and I decided that instead of wasting our money on going to see the Canes suck at an away game this season, we'd just come up to Chicago and see the Hawks play sometime... Regardless if we make it or not, we'll be pulling for you guys all the way come April... Cheers!
Yep that is a good summary

Also didn't help that your GM let Seidenberg and Babchuk leave and replaced them with stiffs (Ward is worse then a stiff)

Old
01-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:

No apologies necessary. That was rather informative. Thanks!

Old
01-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Caniac4ever

Quote:
Yep that is a good summary

Also didn't help that your GM let Seidenberg and Babchuk leave and replaced them with stiffs (Ward is worse then a stiff)
True. I don't fault him to much on the Seidenberg one. We made him several offers better than what he got with Florida, but he wanted to hold out for more(or so we it was said). As much as I would like to have him now, I'm glad JR didn't overpay him with a long contract like he is known to do.

The Babchuk ordeal is just stupid all around. I feel like JR has done a great job with the Canes in the 12 years or so they've been in Carolina, but that move there was just plain dumb.

Old
01-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Selke

Quote:
Thank you for kindness friend. This may sound crazy coming from a Blackhawk fan but there are some teams that I just like to root for, Carolina being one of them. Maybe it's their logo maybe it's because I spent a year of my life in that area but I just like that team. I wish the best, or the worst in this case because it'll land you Taylor Hall. As for Cullen, I wouldn't mind getting him either for the right price.

Would Cam Barker and a 4th be enough?

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 02:42 AM
Selke

Quote:
True. I don't fault him to much on the Seidenberg one. We made him several offers better than what he got with Florida, but he wanted to hold out for more(or so we it was said). As much as I would like to have him now, I'm glad JR didn't overpay him with a long contract like he is known to do.

The Babchuk ordeal is just stupid all around. I feel like JR has done a great job with the Canes in the 12 years or so they've been in Carolina, but that move there was just plain dumb.
Your posts are very informative. At the beginning of the year I could watch the Canes and noticed solid play from only a select few players (mainly Cullen and Jokinen) but man, ever since Cam Ward got hurt I just couldn't bare witness to that.

Good luck in your rebuild, I hope it doesn't take long. I hope I'll live to see the day of a Hawks-Canes Cup Final.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:32 PM
OrioleWay
Jailbait

Something around Barker, Cullen and Corvo will be good for both teams. You can throw Kopecky too.

I'm not exactly fan of Barker, last few months he really struggled but i believe he will find his game in Raleigh. Cam Barker has a potential to be first pairing/ #2-3 guy imo.

OrioleWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
Something around Barker, Cullen and Corvo will be good for both teams. You can throw Kopecky too.

I'm not exactly fan of Barker, last few months he really struggled but i believe he will find his game in Raleigh. Cam Barker has a potential to be first pairing/ #2-3 guy imo.
If this had been a month ago I would have jumped on this

But Kopecky has been one of our best players this past month

And We would need at least a pick or prospect coming in deal also as Cullen and Corvo are both UFA's

Old
01-15-2010, 04:50 PM
jmacie3

Quote:
If this had been a month ago I would have jumped on this

But Kopecky has been one of our best players this past month

And We would need at least a pick or prospect coming in deal also as Cullen and Corvo are both UFA's
It's one thing to say that Kopecky has stepped up his game but it's another to say he's one of our best players the last month. I don't know what games your watching.

jmacie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:50 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:

That's pretty much what we would want for him, Skille or Ladd, if he is available. Most Ottawa fans don't want to trade A-Train but we need help in a lot of areas & he is a UFA & may want a big pay raise. The fact that he is UFA could help your cap situation next season. And Barker & Skille might help us in the future & the 2nd also helps. Is Beach available?

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
That's pretty much what we would want for him, Skille or Ladd, if he is available. Most Ottawa fans don't want to trade A-Train but we need help in a lot of areas & he is a UFA & may want a big pay raise. The fact that he is UFA could help your cap situation next season. And Barker & Skille might help us in the future & the 2nd also helps. Is Beach available?
I would lean towards no but with the right pieces coming back in return you never know. Not likely, though. I think they want to give him a chance to make the club and fill in a hole left by one of the others that will be moved between now and next season.