HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Dave Tippett

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2010, 01:52 PM
SLang

vCash: 500
Dave Tippett

Anybody know what his contract duration is in Phoenix? I ask because while TM is doing a good job instilling a defensive mindset in the kids, it's going to eventually take a coaching change to make the final push for the Cup, in about 2 years. The new coach can rely on that defensive strength while pushing more offense, and I think Tippett would be an IDEAL candidate for the job.

Old
01-15-2010, 02:01 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Anybody know what his contract duration is in Phoenix? I ask because while TM is doing a good job instilling a defensive mindset in the kids, it's going to eventually take a coaching change to make the final push for the Cup, in about 2 years. The new coach can rely on that defensive strength while pushing more offense, and I think Tippett would be an IDEAL candidate for the job.
... Tippett has a four year deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4500348

Old
01-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Tippett has a four year deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4500348
. . and a future Jack Adams award winner

Old
01-15-2010, 02:06 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
. . and a future Jack Adams award winner
... As for that -- hell, I wanted Andy Murray fired and Tippett promoted to head coach here as early as 2000-01 but the Kings didn't do it.

Dave's one of the best coaches in the NHL, and the Stars were fools to fire him.

Old
01-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... As for that -- hell, I wanted Murray fired and Tippett promoted to head coach here as early as 2000-01 but the Kings didn't do it.

Dave's one of the best coaches in the NHL, and the Stars were fools to fire him.
Considering all the despair that the Yotes organization has experienced over the years. . Bryz and Tippet "fell into their laps" so to speak, you could also say that the timing was perfect for them.

Old
01-15-2010, 02:17 PM
SLang

Thanks JT. So if you want Tippett in 2011/12, you gotta hope for Phoenix to tank next year and blame it on the coach.....

Old
01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Thanks JT. So if you want Tippett in 2011/12, you gotta hope for Phoenix to tank next year and blame it on the coach.....
Or just hire Niewendyk as the new GM.

Old
01-15-2010, 02:50 PM
CitizenCoyote

Quote:
After letting Wayne Gretzky run our franchise into the ground and nearly out of town with nary a peep, it's hard to imagine our fanbase -- who, to be sure, will be delighted just to have a team next year -- being quick on the trigger with Tippett.

I think the Dave Tippett experience proves an important point: If you want a great coach, go get yourself a former Whaler. Here are three that are ready for a shot in the NHL -- Dineen is probably a couple of years away, but write it down: He'll be a solid NHL coach some day:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Dineen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Francis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulf_Samuelsson

Old
01-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Quote:
While I agree with the Tippett love, I don't agree with the bolded part at all.

And Phoenix is not doing it with offense, by the way.

Old
01-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Tippett is amply signed to a 4 year deal with the Coyotes, and given their performance, even if they should tank, he is not going anywhere anytime soon. There really is nothing to discuss. He is not available and won't be for a very long time.

As far as concerns about our coaching and playoffs. Terry Murray has missed the playoffs twice in his career and one of those times was here with us last year. He has been to the Stanley Cup Finals before and the Conference Finals twice as well as numerous times in the first and second rounds. Given his experience and record, there is no way Dean Lombardi is even remotely considering moving Murray, especially for the playoffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Murray

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Closed Thread