HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Good Luck Hamilton

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 12:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Good Luck Hamilton

As a huge Bulldogs fan for the last 2 seasons, I wish them the best of luck tonight as they start their own playoff run. It's great to see the Habs and Dogs in the playoffs, hopefully both can go far!

Good luck to Danny Stewart as well, our only non AHL prospect still playing hockey. The series is 1-1, game 3 is tonight at 7pm.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
GO BULLDOGS GO!

Perezhogan and Higgins will be a force to recon with!

So too will Hossa!

Old
04-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Lewis63

Keep us up to date montreal!

hope to hear some good news from our future players.

Go dogs go!

Old
04-20-2004, 12:47 PM
RE-HABS

Go Dogs! Do the Hab family proud play hard and win...see you soon in Montreal boys!

GO DOGS GO!!!

Old
04-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Serena587

Sure hope no one's counting Cleveland out just yet!! Our teams had identical records against each other this season at 5-4-0-1.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Damphousse should be in net, Danis the backup.

I'm concerned about the Dogs having so much time off, but hopefully the barons are tired after their 3 game seires with the 2nd game going into double ot.

Higgins, Perezhogin, Ferland, Milroy, Cote, Danis, Archer (if he plays) Robinson (if he plays) will all be playing in their 1st ever professional hockey playoffs. Good luck boys!

Dogs need to get into the game early, as the Barons will be a tough team to beat. They have someone I never heard of in nets, so hopefully they can get to him often and early.

Game 2 isn't till Sunday (boo)

Old
04-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Legolas

I think it's about time I make the short drive to Hamilton for a game. Maybe this Sunday if possible...can't miss out on seeing Perezhogin, Higgins et al. for so cheap!

Old
04-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Razorblade

Man its going to be great to see playoff hockey again, I've been starving for it since the dissapointing game 7 last year. A young team, yes, but a hungry one. Plekanec has become quite a good leader for the team, and I'm looking to him to lead the way in the playoffs up front, with Benny playing strong in the playoffs like usual. Hopefully Perezhogin and Higgins turn it up in the playoffs as well, as it would be nice to see what they are made of when it really matters.

On D, Beauch is a playoff warrior. He'll play through injuries, play over 25 minutes a night, and lay a few bone crunching checks. I see Cote as that kind of guy as well, definitely one of the top rookies on the Dogs this year.

I just hope the goaltending holds up. If I was Jarvis, I wouldn't be hesitant to play Danis if Damphousse struggles, because I think he wants to show he belongs, but Damphousse also has something to prove in these playoffs, so the effort should be there.

And as far as writing off the Barons, I would have rather seen them play the Roadrunners, a team who I thought was really falling off the radar at the end of the season, where the Barons were quite hot. All in all, should be a great series, hopefully I get to Cleveland for one of the games there as well.

Old
04-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Serena587

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Damphousse should be in net, Danis the backup.

I'm concerned about the Dogs having so much time off, but hopefully the barons are tired after their 3 game seires with the 2nd game going into double ot.

Higgins, Perezhogin, Ferland, Milroy, Cote, Danis, Archer (if he plays) Robinson (if he plays) will all be playing in their 1st ever professional hockey playoffs. Good luck boys!

Dogs need to get into the game early, as the Barons will be a tough team to beat. They have someone I never heard of in nets, so hopefully they can get to him often and early.

Game 2 isn't till Sunday (boo)
The Barons play their best when their backs are to the wall. This should be a fun and exciting series for all fans of both teams. As for the Cleveland goalies, Nolan Schaefer hs been our wonder-boy this season, and as long as our defense holds, there won't be any "getting to him often and early". Seamus Kotyk has been our steady back-up and is no slouch. Besides the great players on your team, be sure to take note of Garrett Stafford and Doug Murray on D, as well as Patrick Rissmiller (who had a 4 pt game against the 'Dogs early in the season, at Copps), Miro Zalesak, Shawn Mather (PTO, but our Q-round game 2 hero), Grant Stevenson, Shane Joseph (another PTO, but a former college linemate of Stevenson...the chemistry between the two is palpable), Tavis Hansen, and Jon DiSalvatore, all forwards. With your line-up, you'll get to see Schaefs stand on his head....and he can, too!!

This is the Barons first post-season, and these boys are HUNGRY!! Good luck to all!! And to anyone going tonight, enjoy the game!!

Old
04-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena587
The Barons play their best when their backs are to the wall. This should be a fun and exciting series for all fans of both teams. As for the Cleveland goalies, Nolan Schaefer hs been our wonder-boy this season, and as long as our defense holds, there won't be any "getting to him often and early". Seamus Kotyk has been our steady back-up and is no slouch. Besides the great players on your team, be sure to take note of Garrett Stafford and Doug Murray on D, as well as Patrick Rissmiller (who had a 4 pt game against the 'Dogs early in the season, at Copps), Miro Zalesak, Shawn Mather (PTO, but our Q-round game 2 hero), Grant Stevenson, Shane Joseph (another PTO, but a former college linemate of Stevenson...the chemistry between the two is palpable), Tavis Hansen, and Jon DiSalvatore, all forwards. With your line-up, you'll get to see Schaefs stand on his head....and he can, too!!

This is the Barons first post-season, and these boys are HUNGRY!! Good luck to all!! And to anyone going tonight, enjoy the game!!

Serena, can you give us a rundown on the Barons and the players to watch? also, will any Dogs-Barons games make it onto TV?

Lafleur tells me that it should be a good series to watch.

Old
04-20-2004, 05:23 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena587

I was at that game, the 4 pt one for Rissmiller. Patzold was in net both games. Didn't look bad. Higgins one the first game in ot, dogs lost the 2nd game with little to no effort (they came back friday night in rochester, to win I was there, then had the barons saturday and sunday)

Closed Thread