HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/13/2009 - Syvret (Separated Shoulder) and Hartnell (Flu) -- CSN update: post #79

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2010, 12:17 PM
  #51
ToTheNet
Registered User
 
ToTheNet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holland, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
My source at CSN has confirmed that Pronger is just out for scheduled maintenance . . . 10,000 mile oil change and tire rotation.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:20 PM
  #52
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
My source at CSN has confirmed that Pronger is just out for scheduled maintenance . . . 10,000 mile oil change and tire rotation.
My source says it came with a free tree-shaped air freshener!

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:44 PM
  #53
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,021
vCash: 50
that sucks about Syvret. Kid finally gets his chance and he gets hurt.
Good to hear Hartnell only has the flu. Sure sounded like alot worse when people were mentioning him being doubled over in pain on the way to the bench.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:53 PM
  #54
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
look for mormina to be recalled.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:56 PM
  #55
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
look for mormina to be recalled.
this definitely deserves the epic facepalm:





This is probablly what Homer will do though. He is know for pulling this **** out. I say give Marshall or Bourdon a chance

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:57 PM
  #56
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,021
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
look for mormina to be recalled.
Only reason to call up Mormina would be to carry Hartnells puke bucket.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:57 PM
  #57
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
this definitely deserves the epic facepalm:





This is probablly what Homer will do though. He is know for pulling this **** out. I say give Marshall or Bourdon a chance
from people i have talked too those 2 are nowhere near ready, even for 1 game.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:57 PM
  #58
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
OKT will get a chance to play I would say. With 3 goalies and 2 forward scratcthes I dunno fi we can call up anyone else

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:59 PM
  #59
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
Only reason to call up Mormina would be to carry Hartnells puke bucket.
assuming okt doesnt play, then who do you suggest they dress to take syvrets place?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:00 PM
  #60
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
OKT will get a chance to play I would say. With 3 goalies and 2 forward scratcthes I dunno fi we can call up anyone else
is syvret goes on the injured list you have his salary. still dont know why pyorala hasnt been sent down. he isnt going to play on the flyers unless injury. he should at least be playing to stay in shape and work on his game.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:02 PM
  #61
Get Carter
Registered User
 
Get Carter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bucks County, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 317
vCash: 500
It was confirmed by philabright on twitter that OKT will replace Syvret in the lineup tomorrow.

Get Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:03 PM
  #62
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
from people i have talked too those 2 are nowhere near ready, even for 1 game.
I have watched a few phantoms games (pretty much just to watch Legien lol) but those two dont look THAT bad. Mormina should be NOWHERE near this team. Why not bring up Marshall and give him a shot on the third pairing? Mormina has looked pretty damn bad on even the Phantoms

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:06 PM
  #63
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
is syvret goes on the injured list you have his salary. still dont know why pyorala hasnt been sent down. he isnt going to play on the flyers unless injury. he should at least be playing to stay in shape and work on his game.
Pyorala will probably replace Hartnell

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:07 PM
  #64
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I have watched a few phantoms games (pretty much just to watch Legien lol) but those two dont look THAT bad. Mormina should be NOWHERE near this team. Why not bring up Marshall and give him a shot on the third pairing? Mormina has looked pretty damn bad on even the Phantoms
i myself have not seen them play and just passing slong some info.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:09 PM
  #65
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
I don't understand people asking for a callup. Pyorala (Cote to some degree) and OKT are on this team for this EXACT reason. They are the extra men. They exist to fill this role. Were there substantial injuries it might be revisited, but that's it.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:10 PM
  #66
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,021
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
assuming okt doesnt play, then who do you suggest they dress to take syvrets place?
Marshall for starters. But I would imagine OKT would get the calls against the Laffs. It will be a physical game especially after the beating we gave them last week.
Mormina is barely a AHL defenseman.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:12 PM
  #67
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
i myself have not seen them play and just passing slong some info.
I think pelts would agree. Bourdon definitly needs to work on his skating, but you can see he has offensive side and checks well. Marshall has pretty good skating but really hasnt shown an offensive side yet. Mormina... blah.. Trust me. People will definitly cry for Syrvret if he came up. That being said OKT will just play... until he gets hurt which wont be too long. Then we can talk about this again

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:25 PM
  #68
CptCannon
Registered User
 
CptCannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Gagne - Richards - Giroux
JvR - Carter - Briere
Powe - Pyörälä - Asham
Carcillo - Betts - Laperriere

Carle - Pronger
Timonen - Coburn
Tollefsen - Bartulis



Sup?

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:25 PM
  #69
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I don't understand people asking for a callup. Pyorala (Cote to some degree) and OKT are on this team for this EXACT reason. They are the extra men. They exist to fill this role. Were there substantial injuries it might be revisited, but that's it.
That is true, and it should be pretty easy to understand.

I'm surprised to see how little knowledge some people in here got about what's going on and how things work.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:27 PM
  #70
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I don't understand people asking for a callup. Pyorala (Cote to some degree) and OKT are on this team for this EXACT reason. They are the extra men. They exist to fill this role. Were there substantial injuries it might be revisited, but that's it.
well you would need a call up if okt was still hurt. i guess he isnt, for now, and will play tomorrow. Having him in a game with physical play isnt a bad thing. he hasnt played much though this year and i would think he would have him paired with bartulis and play around 12 minutes or so. depending upon the socre and what not.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:27 PM
  #71
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,544
vCash: 50
Put JVR in Harts spot and dress Cote and OKT for tommorrow !!

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:29 PM
  #72
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
That is true, and it should be pretty easy to understand.

I'm surprised to see how little knowledge some people in here got about what's going on and how things work.
OKT has been hurt has he not? he was listed as injured on last nights scratches. so yeah people are really going out on a limb wondering if anyone will be called up. Your right,what little knowledge some people have!

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:48 PM
  #73
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,021
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
OKT has been hurt has he not? he was listed as injured on last nights scratches. so yeah people are really going out on a limb wondering if anyone will be called up. Your right,what little knowledge some people have!
OKT was listed as a healthy scratch was he not?
so I believe for now anyway he is healthy.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:56 PM
  #74
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
OKT was listed as a healthy scratch was he not?
so I believe for now anyway he is healthy.
Yea he's healthy I believe.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 02:03 PM
  #75
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
OKT was listed as a healthy scratch was he not?
so I believe for now anyway he is healthy.
no i believe it said injured

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.