HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keith "the class act' Yandle

Old
01-13-2010, 03:04 PM
AlbertaNucksFan

vCash: 500
Keith "the class act' Yandle

Hey guys. If this was already posted, I am sorry. I just wanted to pipe in and say that I saw Keith Yandle to something pretty amazing that I thought he should get props for. It was against Vancouver earlier in the year( I know it has taken a while to say something) and it was something I haven't really noticed before.

Yandle was going back deep into his own zone to chase a dump in with a Van player right on his back. Yandle got to the puck first and then sent a pass around behind his net. There was some incidental contact and the Van player fell and was going to go head first into the boards. Yandle dropped down, put his arm around the fallen players head and stopped them both from sliding into the boards.

I just thought that was really classy and I wanted some attention brought to Yandle for that.

AlbertaNucksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 03:27 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

krepitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 03:31 PM
yakko

Thanks for sharing. It is always nice when someone comes along with something positive to say about a player.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Yandle is such a good player and hard worker. He is going to be a stud. Along with Z and OEL....and others. I love our D situation.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Stump

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
Thanks for sharing. It is always nice when someone comes along with something positive to say about a player.
True, and it's awesome when opponents look out for each other.

Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 03:56 PM
knowsthegame

I love the breakout season Yandle is having. I would like to see him shoot more. He tries that fake shot and pass off to the side almost every time and it hasn't been working lately.
He has a great shot and I would love to see him go for the net more. Rebounds, tip ins!!

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 04:01 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
I love the breakout season Yandle is having. I would like to see him shoot more. He tries that fake shot and pass off to the side almost every time and it hasn't been working lately.
He has a great shot and I would love to see him go for the net more. Rebounds, tip ins!!
I actually think he does a really fine job of recognizing when the shooting lane closes. There are a number of times when he does that move where the shot would have been blocked high and likely would've led to the puck leaving the zone.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Robotbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaNucksFan View Post
Hey guys. If this was already posted, I am sorry. I just wanted to pipe in and say that I saw Keith Yandle to something pretty amazing that I thought he should get props for. It was against Vancouver earlier in the year( I know it has taken a while to say something) and it was something I haven't really noticed before.

Yandle was going back deep into his own zone to chase a dump in with a Van player right on his back. Yandle got to the puck first and then sent a pass around behind his net. There was some incidental contact and the Van player fell and was going to go head first into the boards. Yandle dropped down, put his arm around the fallen players head and stopped them both from sliding into the boards.

I just thought that was really classy and I wanted some attention brought to Yandle for that.
I remember that play really well and agree with you. After they stopped Yandle then patted the guy on the helmet a few times, which I thought was pretty funny. Well done.

Robotbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 12:35 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Yandle has always seemed like a pretty cool cat, this doesn't surprise me at all!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Thanks for sharing this observation. I was not aware of this incident but I am happy to hear that Yandle obviously respects his opponents and looks out for their safety.

Well done, Keith!

Matzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:55 PM
beanntownCA

Great hockey player...just as great of a person, good to see

beanntownCA is offline   Reply With Quote