HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey pant suggestions

Old
01-16-2010, 05:56 PM
PNHockey61

vCash: 500
Hockey pant suggestions

Well I bought some CCM Vector v08 this past week and used them twice so far and by far the best pant I've used ever. They're not to heavy and don't slow me down at all and the padding they have is amazing. If you play contact hockey it's great because if you get hit on the boards they have a lot of hard padding on the hip area. The thigh protection is the most I've ever seen and upper thigh has enough to prevent bruises from slap shots. Today we had a game and I blocked 4 shots (I lead the team in blocked shots and I'm forward) and none of them left bruises, only one I felt. I recommend them to anyone playing contact hockey. For those who play no contact either those or the v04s.

PNHockey61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNHockey61 View Post
Well I bought some CCM Vector v08 this past week and used them twice so far and by far the best pant I've used ever. They're not to heavy and don't slow me down at all and the padding they have is amazing. If you play contact hockey it's great because if you get hit on the boards they have a lot of hard padding on the hip area. The thigh protection is the most I've ever seen and upper thigh has enough to prevent bruises from slap shots. Today we had a game and I blocked 4 shots (I lead the team in blocked shots and I'm forward) and none of them left bruises, only one I felt. I recommend them to anyone playing contact hockey. For those who play no contact either those or the v04s.
I was looking at some Vector 4's, being over 40 and not blocking shots any longer these would probably do me well enough.

I am looking for comfort only these days. I have been thinking about Tackla pants or something else more simple and light. Light for me and comfort are what I need as an "old man" .

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote