HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

John Scott destroys Alexadre Bolduc

Old
01-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Andrew Sykes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me123456789 View Post
But he did destroy him. The title holds true.

It's like if I made a thread that said "Man Inhales Pie". And in that thread I post a video of a man eating an apple pie really quickly. Wait not apple, pumpkin. Yea.... pumpkin.

Now most people would go into that thread expecting what I would have provided them. A mean eating a pie very quickly. The title of my thread is a little exaggerated like the title "Scott Destroys Bolduc", but it doesn't make it seem like some big special thing that some guy is eating a pie really fast.

Man if I had a nickel every time I had to use a pie analogy.
Fair enough. It just annoys me to even see it because this guy should not be in the National Hockey League plain and simple.

Andrew Sykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:29 PM
elriz

Bolduc can barely lift his arm, probably messed up his shoulder pretty good.

from sportsnet twitter: http://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/status/7734583503

elriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Vote for Rory

it's awesome because Bolduc re-injured his shoulder (he was out for about 2-4 weeks earlier in the season) during the fight. He is a servicable 4th liner, sucks that he had to step up to fight a massive guy like Scott.

Vote for Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:31 PM
me123456789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sykes View Post
Fair enough. It just annoys me to even see it because this guy should not be in the National Hockey League plain and simple.
Guys like these fill a roll. Have for some time.

me123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

Quote:
threads like these are so tiresome

[insert goon here] destroys some other guy and therefore that guy has no talent to play in the nhl or ahl

whatever

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Teppo

Quote:
hahah yeah good call. No way you can argue against all the solid playoff production that Boogy and Scott have been giving the Wild, they've just been on fire leading the team to the playoffs year in and year out...Please stop.
So you are saying the Wild would have made it to the playoffs last year if Boogaard and Scott were not in the lineup? That is all it would have taken?

Bottom line is, guys who have forgotten 100 x's more than you have ever known about hockey all want these guys in the lineup, but you think differently - who is right?

Boogaard or Scott go on waivers and there would be a frenzy with teams trying to pick them up.

So that is my evidence.

Teppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Andrew Sykes

Quote:
Guys like these fill a roll. Have for some time.
No, most fighters can pop in 5-10+ goals a year. Boogaard and Scott have one goal between them in 250+ combined games.

Old
01-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Andrew Sykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppo View Post
So you are saying the Wild would have made it to the playoffs last year if Boogaard and Scott were not in the lineup? That is all it would have taken?

Bottom line is, guys who have forgotten 100 x's more than you have ever known about hockey all want these guys in the lineup, but you think differently - who is right?

Boogaard or Scott go on waivers and there would be a frenzy with teams trying to pick them up.

So that is my evidence.
How come they haven't been in the playoffs the last few years then? Maybe they should go out and get a couple 3rd or 4th liners who can actually play the game instead of these two clowns taking up roster spots. Also, i would like to hear Fletcher's track record if you please cause I'm 100% positive that the only reason he has a GM job is because of his dad, so don't try and think he knows all.

Old
01-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Andrew Sykes

Quote:

So that is my evidence.
Also, I highly doubt that there is one team currently in the playoffs that would take either of them if they got put on waivers. Please go ahead and call some of the top teams GM's and ask them if they would be chomping at the bit to get their hands on Boogaard and Scott. I bet the Wings are looking at them to shore up some of their injury problems...Pittsburgh better get them if they want any chance at repeating... hahahaha

Last edited by Andrew Sykes: 01-13-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old
01-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Teppo

Quote:
How come they haven't been in the playoffs the last few years then? Maybe they should go out and get a couple 3rd or 4th liners who can actually play the game instead of these two clowns taking up roster spots.
Ummm ... they won the division two seasons ago...made the playoffs....Boogaard in the lineup. Probably would have beaten Avs had they not lost a top d-man to appendix surgery.

So you are wrong on this.

Quote:
Also, i would like to hear Fletcher's track record if you please cause I'm 100% positive that the only reason he has a GM job is because of his dad, so don't try and think he knows all.
You just keep getting better and better. I am sure having Cliff Fletcher as your dad helps get into the business, but Chuck Fletcher is entirely qualified to be a GM in this league. If the Wild did not get him he would have gone as GM to another team. You clearly know even less about the game than it originally appeared.

Old
01-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Andrew Sykes

Quote:
Ummm ... they won the division two seasons ago...made the playoffs....Boogaard in the lineup. Probably would have beaten Avs had they not lost a top d-man to appendix surgery.

So you are wrong on this.

You just keep getting better and better. I am sure having Cliff Fletcher as your dad helps get into the business, but Chuck Fletcher is entirely qualified to be a GM in this league. If the Wild did not get him he would have gone as GM to another team. You clearly know even less about the game than it originally appeared.
hahahahah I know less about the game? Buddy, you are arguing that Boogaard and Scott are good hockey players and saying that they are sought after commodities, give your head a shake!!! If you put together a list of all the heavyweight fighters in the league they would both probably be the worst hockey players of the bunch, Boogaard for sure the worst.

Last edited by Andrew Sykes: 01-13-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old
01-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Teppo

Quote:
hahahahah I know less about the game? Buddy, you are arguing that Boogaard and Scott are good hockey players and saying that they are sought after commodities, give your head a shake!!! If you put together a list of all the heavyweight fighters in the league they would both probably be the worst hockey players, Boogaard for sure the worst.
YES - you know much less about the game than the guys I mentioned - Lemaire, Richards and Fletcher. YOu claiming otherwise?

I am not arguing that they are "good hockey players" (though there are worse d-men in the league than Scott) - I am arguing that they are excellent enforcers (more so Boogaard than Scott). I am arguing that many great hockey minds think that it is essential to have a quality enforcer in the lineup and scoring the odd goal here or there is irrelavent. I gave you 3 great hockey minds that specifically want Boogaard and Scott (though he sees spot duty) in their lineup. You claim you know better. I think they know better than you. Call me crazy, but I will take what they say over what you say.

EDIT: Damn... it got moved from the main board....nobody will notice what a fool of you I am making!

Old
01-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Canucks5551

Quote:
Bolduc knows thats what his role is in that type of game but I really doubt he was happy to have to fight him. Atleast he can play the game a little bit, Boogie man hasn't scored in 200 hundred games and Scott has one career goal and will likely never score again. These guys make Colton Orr look like Sid or Ovie.
Bolduc isn't exactly in the lineup to be a fighter. He's a solid faceoff/positional guy, not a scrapper. I was pretty surprised to see him try to take on Scott.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 12:04 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
hahah yeah good call. No way you can argue against all the solid playoff production that Boogy and Scott have been giving the Wild, they've just been on fire leading the team to the playoffs year in and year out...Please stop.
Boogaard has 10 career playoff games, and played for the Wild in the playoffs two yeasr straight. So it seems odd that you'd bring up the playoffs. Are you really argueing that the Wild can't make the playoffs with Boogaard in the lineup when they have before, more than once? The last sentence if just pointless, the Wild aren't counting on Boogaard to lead them to the playoffs...Please stop.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 12:05 AM
moog35

I would love to see either John Scott or Derek Boogard on the Canucks. Who cares if they dont score goals, thats not what their payed to do. Scott would look good as a 7th d-man that could be plugged into games against teams with legit heavies or Boogard could just replace Hordichuk, sure he might not put up the 2 or 3 goals that Hordichuk will but he will win more fights and provide more of a "presence" on the ice

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Teppo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks5551 View Post
Bolduc isn't exactly in the lineup to be a fighter. He's a solid faceoff/positional guy, not a scrapper. I was pretty surprised to see him try to take on Scott.
Yeah... I am not sure why he dropped the gloves. There was nothing good that would come out of it.

Here is a quote from Scott:

"I kind of let up a little bit because he was in a couple bad positions," Scott said. "But he asked me to go. He put himself in that situation."

Old
01-14-2010, 12:24 AM
BoHorvatFan

I could not understand why he would be that stupid.

Why in the world would he fight a legit heavyweight monster like Scott!

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 12:25 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
hahah hey if you want Boogaard and Scott on your team then be my guess. You might not make the playoffs but you can be sure that you'll win a lot of third period fights hahaha what a joke. I wouldn't trade Canucks play by play announcer John Shorthouse for Boogaard.
Minnesota won the game bro. They've been playing pretty well lately.

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 12:38 AM
djavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF99 View Post
Did anybody see what the Wilds beat writer tweeted?

According to Boogaard, Hordichuk told him, "‘The coach is making us fight you guys.’ I don’t really agree with that."

twitter.com/Russostrib
very sad... boogard's reaction when scott joined him in the box tells a lot as well

djavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 01:03 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
No, most fighters can pop in 5-10+ goals a year. Boogaard and Scott have one goal between them in 250+ combined games.

you do realize that Scott isn't a forward but a defenseman and he is suppose to be, at best, our seventh defenseman used to hit people?

Raitis Ivanans has no goals this year
Ryan O'Byrne, Cam Janssen, Ryan Parent, Brad May, Nicklas Grossman...

Scott at least scored a goal this year. None of those guys have...

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Andrew Sykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post

you do realize that Scott isn't a forward but a defenseman and he is suppose to be, at best, our seventh defenseman used to hit people?

Raitis Ivanans has no goals this year
Ryan O'Byrne, Cam Janssen, Ryan Parent, Brad May, Nicklas Grossman...

Scott at least scored a goal this year. None of those guys have...
Did I seriously just see the name Ryan Parent thrown into the mix as a comparison to John Scott? I must be seeing things.

Old
01-14-2010, 01:14 AM
Andrew Sykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
Boogaard has 10 career playoff games, and played for the Wild in the playoffs two yeasr straight. So it seems odd that you'd bring up the playoffs. Are you really argueing that the Wild can't make the playoffs with Boogaard in the lineup when they have before, more than once? The last sentence if just pointless, the Wild aren't counting on Boogaard to lead them to the playoffs...Please stop.
No, Boogaard has no say in whether they make the playoffs or don't make them which in itself is sad because that means that he basically means nothing at all to the team. Most teams have figured out that you don't need a guy like him, and instead they fill their 4th line with guys that are tough and can grind, but can also play the game a little bit. The Chicago Blackhawks are a perfect example.

Old
01-14-2010, 01:14 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

God, that was horrible to watch. Full marks for Bolduc stepping in against a giant/legitimate enforcer, and for taking a punch like a champ. He ate several solid fists and still stood up. But it looked like he was doing two things as he left; 1) Wobbling, potential concussion and 2) Favouring his shoulder. Bolduc has had several major shoulder injuries already in his career despite his young age, so this could be bad.

Scott did what he was supposed to in a fight which was win, nothing to feel ashamed of there. Bolduc was a consenting and willing participant. But man, Bolduc should have gone down. It was clear he was outmatched.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 01:18 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
6'8 255 against 6'3 178. Congratulations John Scott. He and Boogaard don't belong on an NHL roster, probably not even AHL. Based on skill they probably wouldn't cut it in your local beer league.
He could cut it in beginner league, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto77 View Post
About time people take notice. Scott has been one of the most underrated fighters in the NHL for some time.
He better be good, he's almost as large as the WWF's Big Show and has approximately as much hockey skill. Most fighters are at least good grinders too or score a few goals. Scott and Boogard can do neither, at all.

Quote:
Ok but Bolduc doesn't have to fight him. Rypien can do that. Bolduc chose to fight him. Your just bringing his height and weight advantage into this to try and turn him into some kind of bully.
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF99 View Post
Did anybody see what the Wilds beat writer tweeted?

According to Boogaard, Hordichuk told him, "‘The coach is making us fight you guys.’ I don’t really agree with that."

twitter.com/Russostrib
I'll beat AV's @ss myself if he told Bolduc to fight Scott, that'd be a crime in my book.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Andrew Sykes

Quote:
YES - you know much less about the game than the guys I mentioned - Lemaire, Richards and Fletcher. YOu claiming otherwise?

I am not arguing that they are "good hockey players" (though there are worse d-men in the league than Scott) - I am arguing that they are excellent enforcers (more so Boogaard than Scott). I am arguing that many great hockey minds think that it is essential to have a quality enforcer in the lineup and scoring the odd goal here or there is irrelavent. I gave you 3 great hockey minds that specifically want Boogaard and Scott (though he sees spot duty) in their lineup. You claim you know better. I think they know better than you. Call me crazy, but I will take what they say over what you say.

EDIT: Damn... it got moved from the main board....nobody will notice what a fool of you I am making!
I'm pretty sure you claimed that every team would be all over them if they were placed on waivers. I'm here to tell you that they wouldn't be, trust me.