HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#46: Flyers @ Maple Leafs - January 14, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
01-15-2010, 11:05 AM
RoDu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 11:24 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
You do realize that you've turned pretty much all Flyers fans on this board off OKT because of your posts, right? Does he know you're doing this? I'm sure he'd be thrilled to know he has such a wonderful friend who gives insider information on his life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
In my opinion he wasn't responsible for that goal, but his approach to the situation could have been better. Other than that he did just fine considering it was his first real game since early December. And Laviolette has plans, otherwise he wouldn't play OKT as much as he did last night.

Something tells me Bartulis will spend some time on the bench when Parent returns, the stats of Bartulis are awful, and he was -3 in this game.
You guys and Wolfy are hilarious. First of all, woof is wrong, Wolfy is not turning people on this board off of OKT. OKT is turning us off of OKT with his play. Just like people are getting turned off by Coburn.

This team needs to step up defensively. Pronger and Timonen need some help. Carle has answered the call. Syvret and Bartulis are OKish. But Coburn and OKT are sucking big time when they play, and Parent is a chronic injury issue.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 12:09 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
why doesnt Wolfy just come right out and say if OKT was healthy and playing 25 minutes a night the Flyers would be 47-0 right now, because clearly he isnt at fault for anything.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 12:14 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

They are going precisely nowhere unless Coburn cranks it up or unless the Flyers make a move for a legit top 4.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 12:20 PM
97FlyersKing18

I don't mean to get in the Wolfy/OKT issue again, but there is literally no way that Wolfy should be able to defend a player that got walked by an undrafted NCAA rookie (on the Leafs) for his first ever NHL goal. The move was stellar, but if OKT stepped into him and closed the gap like a real defenseman would, he wouldn't have been out of position and fishing for the puck. OKT was going off the ice and Carcillo F'd up by not getting it deep for the change, but it was a 1-on-4, it is pretty novice for a defender to know that he should take the body and let his partner pick up the loose puck. Since OKT is supposed to be a big bad physical player, one would think he would take the body no matter what, even if he is dead tired.

97FlyersKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 01:07 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
First of all, woof is wrong, Wolfy is not turning people on this board off of OKT. OKT is turning us off of OKT with his play.
Nah, it's Wolfy. Some of us are fans of the bullies style of play and we MIGHT be willing to partially forgive his defensive liabilities to have a dman who can throw em, at least for a game here and there.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 01:12 PM
MsWoof

I'm not going to blame any player for anything after sitting out for several weeks. Pronger was caught lead-footed on one goal last night and he plays every game. I have a problem with what Wolfy is doing to OKT because he's just bragging about having him as a friend yet doing him no favours by the comments he's made all season. The other day he said something like "OKT just cares about collecting his $600k". How is that being a friend to the guy?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 01:32 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
I don't mean to get in the Wolfy/OKT issue again, but there is literally no way that Wolfy should be able to defend a player that got walked by an undrafted NCAA rookie (on the Leafs) for his first ever NHL goal. The move was stellar, but if OKT stepped into him and closed the gap like a real defenseman would, he wouldn't have been out of position and fishing for the puck. OKT was going off the ice and Carcillo F'd up by not getting it deep for the change, but it was a 1-on-4, it is pretty novice for a defender to know that he should take the body and let his partner pick up the loose puck. Since OKT is supposed to be a big bad physical player, one would think he would take the body no matter what, even if he is dead tired.
I don't know what the undrafted rookie part has to do with it, I wish our players would try that on a 1 on 4 sometimes, but no matter what the rest of your analysis is solid, OKT should have stepped up and bumped him. Just like Bartulis should have stayed in between Kessel and Koulemin (sp) to prevent the pass rather than trying to poke-check the poke and leaving Leighton out like laundry to dry. And just like Leighton should try his best to not leave his glove lying on his pad all the time so he at least has a prayer on the shots up in the corner. There was a lot of crap that game that can't be defended, I'm willing to throw it all out and pretend that game never happened, because the players out there were sure acting like it wasn't happening at the time.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Jester

Quote:
The move wasn't that good...only works if the defender is chasing the puck, and not the man. I mean, **** happens, but for a guy that is supposedly a physical defenseman, that's the type of move he should eat up...because he's playing the body.

It was an overall crappy night...they didn't get any bounces their way after the no-goal call, and the Leafs got a few. Happens. Move on and hope for a better effort against the Caps, because they're going to need it.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 02:34 PM
97FlyersKing18

I agree, the move looked good because he made OKT look like he doesn't belong on the ice. It was a talented, yet simple toe-pull with a cross through the legs, but still found a way to roof it. I mentioned undrafted NCAA rookie because its not like Ovechkin, Malkin, Thorton, Staal, Getzlaf, Gaborik or somebody that was drafted in the top-10. Bozak is a good solid young player with a bright future in the league. However, if Ovechkin, Crosby, or Malkin pull off that move (which they have during their reign of terror over the Flyers), it is probably on Timonen or Pronger and we all say that there is nothing the defender could do because of the offensive ability of the deker. You expect a bottom pairing defender to be solid, especially on a break where the Flyers have support. Bozak was not tearing up the AHL, but he seems to have some chemistry with Kessel.

Although it was a back-handed jab at Bozak for not being drafted (which is in turn a testament to his work ethic during NCAA to be a prized pickup for an NHL club) it was intended to make OKT look even worse than he already has made himself look.

97FlyersKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 02:36 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
The roofing part was solid, but OKT should have jacked his ass up well before then, now some other lucky d-man gets to pop Bozak's cherry on that move.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
The roofing part was solid, but OKT should have jacked his ass up well before then, now some other lucky d-man gets to pop Bozak's cherry on that move.
What's really frustrating, is if he hadn't completely effed it up, he would have at least been in a position to take a penalty (and stop the goal) as he was getting beat to the inside. Just a terrible play by OKT.

Old
01-15-2010, 02:40 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
What's really frustrating, is if he hadn't completely effed it up, he would have at least been in a position to take a penalty (and stop the goal) as he was getting beat to the inside. Just a terrible play by OKT.
Yeah, I can semi-understand getting beat considering he's a No.8 d-man and hadn't played in a month, but at least stay around to hook him so he can't score.

That's one of the replays where you watch it and you're still confused. Usually when a guy makes a mistake, you can see what he was trying to do, but this one...I guess OKT was trying to sweep the puck, but that sucked pretty hard.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:56 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2363
Pronger's words are refreshing, not exactly restrained.

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...478&feedID=704

Quote:
“After that first period, it was pretty much downhill,” said Chris Pronger. “The first [goal] was a dipsy-doodle and pretty quick shot. The second one, the D-man [Bartulis] has to commit to the shooter and do a better job of taking away that pass, sliding and taking away that pass and allowing Leighton to square-up to the shooter.

“The third one was off the glove and post and in. And the fourth one? They made a good shot. But all of them were turnovers from us. We contributed to their four goals. We didn’t allow them to have to work for theirs.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post

It's been months since the press really cared about talking to Richards. I mean, he only gives ******** answers. Pronger actually gives them quotes they can use and, well, is also honest.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
When you keep giving the media things they can use, you hear from him more than others.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
When you keep giving the media things they can use, you hear from him more than others.
Richards is awesome bit his interviews are the public speaking equivalent of a mentally challenged pre-schooler trying to figure out one of those beginner, 5 piece jigsaw puzzles and failing.

Old
01-15-2010, 04:32 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
I agree, the move looked good because he made OKT look like he doesn't belong on the ice. It was a talented, yet simple toe-pull with a cross through the legs, but still found a way to roof it. I mentioned undrafted NCAA rookie because its not like Ovechkin, Malkin, Thorton, Staal, Getzlaf, Gaborik or somebody that was drafted in the top-10. Bozak is a good solid young player with a bright future in the league. However, if Ovechkin, Crosby, or Malkin pull off that move (which they have during their reign of terror over the Flyers), it is probably on Timonen or Pronger and we all say that there is nothing the defender could do because of the offensive ability of the deker. You expect a bottom pairing defender to be solid, especially on a break where the Flyers have support. Bozak was not tearing up the AHL, but he seems to have some chemistry with Kessel.

Although it was a back-handed jab at Bozak for not being drafted (which is in turn a testament to his work ethic during NCAA to be a prized pickup for an NHL club) it was intended to make OKT look even worse than he already has made himself look.
Well even players that aren't expected to be anything special can pull a nice move and make an opposing player or players look stupid. Yes, what OKT did was bad but I think you may all be picking on him a bit too much for playing his first game in what a month +? Granted he is not a great defenseman but, did that one goal make our team play ******, no it didn't.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Well even players that aren't expected to be anything special can pull a nice move and make an opposing player or players look stupid. Yes, what OKT did was bad but I think you may all be picking on him a bit too much for playing his first game in what a month +? Granted he is not a great defenseman but, did that one goal make our team play ******, no it didn't.
If you're a NHL defenseman...you should be ridiculed for letting a guy go across your face like that.

Old
01-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
If you're a NHL defenseman...you should be ridiculed for letting a guy go across your face like that.
A good NHL defenseman destroys that kid's existence.

An average one breaks up the play.

And, as a last resort, take the penalty and hook the hell out of him.

Old
01-15-2010, 04:57 PM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Leave it alone, it's getting old. And you know nothing about him except from whats already been told in the media.

No further comments in this thread from me
OKT was in good position when Bozak entered the zone. Then Bozak completely **** on him like Malkin did to Coburn. The problem is, however, Bozak isnt Malkin... in fact Bozak is a ****ing Rookie.

And your right, we know nothing about him, because he never plays: Hurts himself.. or gets scratched. Ill take the media's coverage and opinion over yours about OKT, because your ****ing insane. It is getting old, so stop with these posts!

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN aka RYAN View Post
And your right, we know nothing about him, because he never plays: Hurts himself.. or gets scratched. Ill take the media's coverage and opinion over yours about OKT, because your ****ing insane. It is getting old, so stop with these posts!

Old
01-15-2010, 05:15 PM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
lol'ing

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:15 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post

I'll accept his comments when he actually blames himself. I've noticed he's good at pointing fingers or saying "we" when he should be saying "me". He was turned inside out last night and couldn't catch up on one goal, how would he react if Bartulis came out and said something about that?

Old
01-15-2010, 08:20 PM
MsWoof

Laffs are down 6-1 in the third to Washington. Cancel the Stanley Cup parade!