HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Matt Stajan to Calgary

Old
01-14-2010, 08:00 PM
MonaHan Solo
I am your KING

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
That's just way too much money tied into the back end IMO. One #### of a d core but it would impeed your progress moving forward.
But then I would also do the trade Flames and Flyers fans agreed a couple weeks ago.

Regehr and Moss for Hartnell and Coburn

Hartnell-Jokinen-Iginla
Stajan-Langkow-Bourque
Glencross-Conroy-Boyd
Nystrom-Prust-Sjostrom

Kaberle-Phaneuf
Giordano-Bouwmeester
Coburn-Sarich

MonaHan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Johnnybegood13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto77 View Post
Kaberle, Stajan for Nemisz, Moss, Irwing, 2nd '11

Bourque Stajan Iginla
Dawes Langkow Jokinen
Glencross Conroy Boyd
Nystrom Lundmark Sjostrom

Bouwmeester Giordano
Phaneuf Regehr
Kaberle Sarich

...you know you want to
It's been 5 years now...salary cap says high again

Johnnybegood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:03 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
It's been 5 years now...salary cap says high again
look up

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:04 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulj43r View Post
But then I would also do the trade Flames and Flyers fans agreed a couple weeks ago.

Hartnell-Jokinen-Iginla
Stajan-Langkow-Bourque
Glencross-Conroy-Boyd
Nystrom-Prust-Sjostrom

Kaberle-Phaneuf
Giordano-Bouwmeester
Coburn-Sarich
Also interesting. If you guys could make it work I'd get behind a move between the two teams.

Old
01-14-2010, 09:10 PM
seanlinden

If the leafs are going to trade Stajan, its gotta be for the RIGHT package. Considering our weakness up the middle, it really doesn't make sense to trade him.

I don't really see anything on Calgary that would help us be a better team... I doubt Backlund or Neimsz are available.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 12:59 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
If the leafs are going to trade Stajan, its gotta be for the RIGHT package. Considering our weakness up the middle, it really doesn't make sense to trade him.

I don't really see anything on Calgary that would help us be a better team... I doubt Backlund or Neimsz are available.
IMO Boyd and a 3rd would be the right package. Boyd would be a proper 3rd line center that can move up when needed and is more responsible defensively. The pick helps improve our draft situation a little. This would also give the roster spot to Bozak for the remainder of the year. Really seems like a win win to me.

Old
01-15-2010, 02:29 AM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulj43r View Post

Hartnell-Jokinen-Iginla
Stajan-Langkow-Bourque
Glencross-Conroy-Boyd
Nystrom-Prust-Sjostrom

Kaberle-Phaneuf
Giordano-Bouwmeester
Coburn-Sarich
No Dawes?

Personally, while on topic of the leafs, I am more interested in Ponikarovsky.

A solid LWer who would fit well on the top line. plays a solid 2 way game (from what i have seen, i believe he is a + player) He seems to be a playmaker first, but still chips in the odd goal.

What would the value of getting Ponikarovsky to Calgary be

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:46 AM
phillipmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
No Dawes?

Personally, while on topic of the leafs, I am more interested in Ponikarovsky.

A solid LWer who would fit well on the top line. plays a solid 2 way game (from what i have seen, i believe he is a + player) He seems to be a playmaker first, but still chips in the odd goal.

What would the value of getting Ponikarovsky to Calgary be
Poni and Stajan are in the same category... I think that they get the Leafs at least a 2nd rounder, maybe add a conditional pick (5th rounder). I doubt the Leafs get any prospects that are woth 2nd rounders because they are more developed. Problem is Calgary does not have a 2nd round pick in 2010 or 2011. So if Stajan and/or Poni are targets then Calgary will have to look at roster players, or prospects.

Roster players, no because Calgary is planning on competing for the cup.

Propects, the Leafs do not have any interest in any of Calgary's prospects except Backlund, Nemisz, Irving, Aulie or Erixon. And i dont think Sutter was born yesterday, no way he trades any of those guys for Stajan and Poni, let alone one of them.

Calgary's 1st rounder in 2010 is out of the question too. In the end i dont think there is a deal for Toronto and Calgary for Poni or Stajan.

phillipmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:03 AM
Lunatik*

personally I would be willing to offer Moss+ or Boyd+ for Stajan... i think these offers are fair...

Dustin Boyd & a 3rd
or
David Moss, Kris Chucko & a 3rd

in eithe rdeal I would be willing to swap the 3rd with Matt Pelech

or in either deal I would be willing to up the pick to a 2nd if they make it conditional on Stajan signing with Calgary... if he doesn't the pick would drop to a 4th

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:09 AM
phillipmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
personally I would be willing to offer Moss+ or Boyd+ for Stajan... i think these offers are fair...

Dustin Boyd & a 3rd
or

They are decent offers... But in the end it doesnt do much for the Leafs. They get good 3rd line players with 2nd line potential. How many of those players are in the league? They are probably better off getting a second round pick elsewhere and sign more established 3rd liners in the off-season.

Old
01-15-2010, 05:34 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipmike View Post
They are decent offers... But in the end it doesnt do much for the Leafs. They get good 3rd line players with 2nd line potential. How many of those players are in the league? They are probably better off getting a second round pick elsewhere and sign more established 3rd liners in the off-season.
assuming they can get the established players they want for the price they want... keep in mind Boyd will still have a pretty low salary (I can't see him getting more than 850k this summer) and Moss only makes 1.3 million... the big difference between taking that 2nd from another team and the player and 3rd from the Flames is the Leafs will be guaranteed that solid 3rd line roster player

Old
01-15-2010, 05:41 AM
phillipmike

Quote:
assuming they can get the established players they want for the price they want... keep in mind Boyd will still have a pretty low salary (I can't see him getting more than 850k this summer) and Moss only makes 1.3 million... the big difference between taking that 2nd from another team and the player and 3rd from the Flames is the Leafs will be guaranteed that solid 3rd line roster player
Im not arguing the value because i think it is fair. I just think if Stajan gets traded Burke will try to get the highest draft choices possible because he said he does not want his scout's hard work go for nothing. He doesnt want them to sit on their hands after they worked hard for 300 plus days and they have to wait until the third round for them to pick. If there is an offer where the Leafs get a prospect and/or a player or pick of their liking they will do it. But right now i think the Leafs want the highest pick possible.

Old
01-15-2010, 05:43 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
How about

Kaberle, Stajan
for
Jokinen, Boyd?

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:29 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
How about

Kaberle, Stajan
for
Jokinen, Boyd?
That won't happen. No interest from Toronto I'd wager.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Im not arguing the value because i think it is fair. I just think if Stajan gets traded Burke will try to get the highest draft choices possible because he said he does not want his scout's hard work go for nothing. He doesnt want them to sit on their hands after they worked hard for 300 plus days and they have to wait until the third round for them to pick. If there is an offer where the Leafs get a prospect and/or a player or pick of their liking they will do it. But right now i think the Leafs want the highest pick possible.
how is picking 1 round later making it so the scouts are working for nothing? that's more what i was saying than anything... picking in the 3rd is still a decent pick and adding soemone like Boyd is good as well because of his age and you don't even knowif would get a player as good as Boyd in the 2nd round since the draft is supposed to be weaker

Old
01-15-2010, 08:56 AM
mydnyte

the Leafs are going to want YOUNG prospects/players (nhl ready) or picks ...they arent going to trade 2nd liners for 3rd liners +3rds

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:58 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
How about

Kaberle, Stajan
for
Jokinen, Boyd?
about as likely as Kiprusoff for Toskala
...and at least you'd be saving $$ in that deal!

Old
01-15-2010, 09:24 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

Dustin Boyd & a 3rd
or

or in either deal I would be willing to up the pick to a 2nd if they make it conditional on Stajan signing with Calgary... if he doesn't the pick would drop to a 4th
I think the problem people have is everyone wants a blow my socks off kind of deal. IMO these trades are good value as a leafs fan. They don't blow your socks off but offer a decent return. I'd be more interested in one of Aulie/Erixon/Wahl as a prospect switched out for the pick.

Old
01-15-2010, 09:25 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
the Leafs are going to want YOUNG prospects/players (nhl ready) or picks ...they arent going to trade 2nd liners for 3rd liners +3rds
You realize Boyd is 22 right? That and a pick are good value

Old
01-15-2010, 10:35 AM
jabberhockey

Quote:
I'm not disputing the fact that Burke wants a 2nd for Stajan, but this logic doesn't really make sense to me. The reason why scouts work 300+ days a year is so that mid to late round draft picks are not complete crapshoots, but valuable assets for their organization. As for the trade, Boyd and a 3rd for Stajan seems like fair value for both teams in my opinion.

jabberhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 12:06 PM
MauDevils

Quote:
How about

Kaberle, Stajan
for
Jokinen, Boyd?
Awful.

Reminds me of all the Rangers Rozsival trades. A guy your fans don't like is now being pawned off as the center piece of value in this trade, for Kaberle and Stajan?

Kaberle>>>Jokinen, Hell Kaberle even has more points and he's a defenseman. How would their value be the same?

And right now, Stajan>Boyd, Boyd is young still but it would take a lot more to get this deal done.

Last edited by MauDevils: 01-15-2010 at 12:12 PM.
MauDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 12:48 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
You realize Boyd is 22 right? That and a pick are good value
being young doesnt increase a players value when they have limited talent ...Kaberle is in that deal, and, what picks??

...i was referring to this proposal:

Kaberle, Stajan
for
Jokinen, Boyd?

which for the Leafs is horse dung. ...the other proposals offer a 3rd, which is a lesser smelling pile of horse dung.

Old
01-15-2010, 02:05 PM
realisticleafsfan2

Quote:
IMO Boyd and a 3rd would be the right package. Boyd would be a proper 3rd line center that can move up when needed and is more responsible defensively. The pick helps improve our draft situation a little. This would also give the roster spot to Bozak for the remainder of the year. Really seems like a win win to me.
Bingo!

realisticleafsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 02:06 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
being young doesnt increase a players value when they have limited talent ...Kaberle is in that deal, and, what picks??

...i was referring to this proposal:

Kaberle, Stajan
for
Jokinen, Boyd?

which for the Leafs is horse dung. ...the other proposals offer a 3rd, which is a lesser smelling pile of horse dung.
actually you weren't go back and look at your post. You responded to that thread and then posted a seperate one right after. You also mention the 3rd pick in it so yeah I believe you were responding to the Stajan for Boyd and a 3rd not this post.

Old
01-15-2010, 02:38 PM
seanlinden

Quote:

Stajan > Boyd in any role. Leafs should not be in the business of downgrading quality of a single player in order to stockpile picks. We have lots of prospects.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote