HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Rich Hammond's Lombardi Interview

Old
01-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
One hundred billion dollars.
You forgot the

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
You forgot the
You've got the wrong smilie.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 05:05 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
What would you offer Kovalchuk if he becomes a FA?
10 years 80 mill but I'd much rather have Marleau

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post

I think, that as fans, we're in for a very interesting 36 games. We're gonna see if the young goalie that's on the threshold of proving himself as a number 1 is in fact the real deal. We're also gonna see that about our number 1 center. Again, much of this team is learning by the day, by the game in fact. We're going to have a lot better idea once this season's over of where we stand and what the acquisition of someone like Kovalchuk would likely do to this team. If the Kings are on the doorstep of contention, a star player like that would probably push them in the door. It wouldn't be a "savior" situation at all, it would be more like a "last piece of the puzzle". We'll see.
I agree 100 % with that.

I do think the Kings will be ready to take on Kovy this off-season. The multi-million dollar question is, for how much?

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 07:35 PM
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
10 years 80 mill but I'd much rather have Marleau
Sounds about right. He's going to want 8+ easy, and the way the years are being thrown around, 10 years to stretch out the cap hit is probable.

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
What wabwat said.

Any guy that goes out and paints black dots in front of both goals his first day as coach of the team watches plenty of tape.
While I don't have trouble believing TM watches plenty of tape, what I don't understand is why it took him about 2 months to realize that there are as many Kings' players in the slot as there are mourners in a graveyard on a wet Sunday.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:55 PM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Sounds about right. He's going to want 8+ easy, and the way the years are being thrown around, 10 years to stretch out the cap hit is probable.
Unfortunately, since just about every team is going to be offering Kovy roughly the same money, the most likely scenario is he takes that money and goes to the team he thinks gives him the best chance to win. I think the question we all need to ask is: Why would he think that this is that team? I'm honestly interested in what people think about that question because everybody talks about UFAs coming here as if it's a done deal. Last year Hossa turned us down because he thought Chicago would be the better team. I think a lot more has to happen on the ice and in the dressing room before a player picks us as a first choice on the open market.

T2M

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:24 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Lombardi sure loves some Lombardi. He hasn't accomplished anything in 4 years and he acts like they are ahead of schedule? Without some serious scoring help, this team will not make the playoffs this year and would be in doubt for next year if Murray is kept around.

I'm getting tired of hearing how young the "core" is and how much cap space is available. Just get some legit scoring help for this team. Just do your job Lombardi and stop congratulating yourself.
We all know Lombardi gets his marching orders from AEG, and is why he's not getting fired anytime soon. There was those rumors that he could have made a trade that "guaranteed" they made the playoffs during the 2008 draft, and we all know there are no guarantees. I think everyone likes Drew Doughty better than the mystery man.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:41 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I agree with lot of what you're saying in regards to DL. However, in regards to learning to be leaders, every team in the league has handful of players that can be referred to as charecter guys and leaders so, I really don't see your point. Furthermore, IF guys like Kopi and Brown are learning from best character guys, and they truly are learning from some of the best as you say then they should be able to deal with the addition of Kovy or Gabby should they not? Maybe we should add more pressure on them by trading away some of our talent to facilitate their leadership progress.
I have no problem with that as long as it is the right player for the right price. Patience pays. Last year the Kings didn't give up Bernier in order to get Smyth (that was the asking price if I remember correctly), they draft Schenn and still get their man in Smyth for a guy they picked up on waivers and they got to dump a salary.

I am not expecting any moves just for the sake of making the playoffs this season unless the cost is minimal.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote