HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ok LINE #2, it's time...

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Lafontaine

vCash: 500
Ok LINE #2, it's time...

I know we are all expecting the Kovalev-Koivu-Zednik line to carry our offence like last series, where we made a slow-as-non-steroid-Ben-Johnson Boston defence look like oversized peewee players, but I'm predicting that our super-trio won't be able to shine quite as brightly against quicker, more talented defenders. On the flip side however, our weaker and slower second unit (Ribs and either Perreualt or Dagenias) who even Boston was able to keep mostly under raps, won't be muscled around quite as badly. I forsee Ribeiro really being able to pick apart TB at the back as he'll find it easier to break free from his checkers.

Even though we outplayed the Bruins badly and should have won the series in 5 games, it was Theo, our #1 line and a few good defensive plays that drove out big comeback and got us into round 2. We need a more well rounded effort against the bolts if we want to see semi-final action. I can't complain about our top checking line (Bulis-Dowd-Begin), but Ribs, Ryder, Dagenais, and also SOURAY are really going to have to step up to compliment the Special K line, Theo, Perreault, Juneau, Langdon and the rest of the squad.

GO HABS GO!

Old
04-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Cariboux

I agree with you. I wish that Perreault will FINALLY takes the Dagenais's spot when Sunny will come back because Dags is broking this line

Old
04-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I fully agree. I have a feeling that they will get going against Tampa though. I believe Tampa plays more of a run and gun style (correct me if im wrong), for this reason our second line should have more space to create chances and hopefull get goals.

Old
04-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Habsolution

Ryder has got to make that shooting percentage better than 0% or it's gonna be difficult.

Old
04-20-2004, 08:07 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
Ryder has got to make that shooting percentage better than 0% or it's gonna be difficult.
He have a lot of scoring chances so the goal should come for him.

Old
04-20-2004, 09:36 PM
jonny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafontaine
I know we are all expecting the Kovalev-Koivu-Zednik line to carry our offence like last series, where we made a slow-as-non-steroid-Ben-Johnson Boston defence look like oversized peewee players, but I'm predicting that our super-trio won't be able to shine quite as brightly against quicker, more talented defenders. On the flip side however, our weaker and slower second unit (Ribs and either Perreualt or Dagenias) who even Boston was able to keep mostly under raps, won't be muscled around quite as badly. I forsee Ribeiro really being able to pick apart TB at the back as he'll find it easier to break free from his checkers.

Even though we outplayed the Bruins badly and should have won the series in 5 games, it was Theo, our #1 line and a few good defensive plays that drove out big comeback and got us into round 2. We need a more well rounded effort against the bolts if we want to see semi-final action. I can't complain about our top checking line (Bulis-Dowd-Begin), but Ribs, Ryder, Dagenais, and also SOURAY are really going to have to step up to compliment the Special K line, Theo, Perreault, Juneau, Langdon and the rest of the squad.

GO HABS GO!
I agree the second line needs to be more productive, and I am sure they would agree with you too, but it's not for lack of trying. They have held their own against Boston but just missed on numerous occassions with their finnishing. You have to realize that it was not just the line Special K line and Theo that brought this team to the second round, it was a TEAM EFFORT!!! Be patient, Ryder and Ribeiro will come thru for the team, and in flying colours!!!!

Old
04-20-2004, 09:56 PM
markov`

Their best checking line will play against the Koivu line, that's for sure. I except the 2nd line to have a huge series*, especially Ribeiro.

Old
04-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Shazbot

Koivu, Kovalev, Zednik

How about we call it The Kazoo Line?

Sounds horrible. Nevermind.

Old
04-20-2004, 10:57 PM
Natural Habs Fan

I can't complain about Ribiero & Ryder, they both played great & created lots of chances. Ryder also got a few important assists so at least he's not pointless.

Dags on the other hand, I think we can find a better replacement in the future. He's not bad but he's far from a reliable second line winger.

Old
04-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Wildbeliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot
Koivu, Kovalev, Zednik

How about we call it The Kazoo Line?

Sounds horrible. Nevermind.
http://www.captainkazoo.com/

:lol

Old
04-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
Dags on the other hand, I think we can find a better replacement in the future. He's not bad but he's far from a reliable second line winger.
Perezhogin, Hossa, Higgins, Plekanec could all step in and do a better job next year IMO. They might not score as much but they would at least bring something else to the table. But for the time being it seems like the habs will have to carry a passenger.

Old
04-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Shazbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
Perezhogin, Hossa, Higgins, Plekanec could all step in and do a better job next year IMO. They might not score as much but they would at least bring something else to the table. But for the time being it seems like the habs will have to carry a passenger.
I agree. (Whew, that was a deep thought.)

Old
04-20-2004, 11:34 PM
EaGLE1

Ribeiro can do more. 2 goals, 1 pass in 7 games is not enough. If Ryder score, the points will come. All Ribeiro/Ryder needs is a little more room to make their plays.

Old
04-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Traitor8

I doubt that Perreault will be a fixure on the 2nd line to start the series.
I think in Julien's head, he says ok this is a new series, new team, new challenge, let's see what DAGENAIS can give me now. If Dagenais gets going then we could really be dangerous because he's basically an extra scorer.

Old
04-21-2004, 12:14 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I doubt that Perreault will be a fixure on the 2nd line to start the series.
I think in Julien's head, he says ok this is a new series, new team, new challenge, let's see what DAGENAIS can give me now. If Dagenais gets going then we could really be dangerous because he's basically an extra scorer.
It will be a speedy series and Dags is too slow for the Bolts speed. He cant make a pass, cant carry the puck, cant skate, what do you want more? We all like his shot but almost everybody on this board predicted it; its the playoffs, the checking is tighter and the play is more physical so dags will not be able to produce.

I know that im not a big fan of Perreault but mybe we should give him a shot. He's a better skater and at least he can pass. With Ward and Sunny's comeback we'll see what CJ will do. I would even try Sunny with Ribs and Ryder. Sunny is one of the most defensive responsible foward on the team and he has the skill to play with ribs and ryder.

Old
04-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
I think the Bolts defense is a little slower then the ours and the Bruins, this should make for some good scoring opportunities, we should be in for a series with a whole wack of scoring chances.

I can't wait
Unbiased Canadian

Old
04-21-2004, 12:26 AM
skoivu

Why fix what ainght broken. Leave the line up the way it is. Even if Quintal Sundstrum and Ward come back. Until we start t play bad and need a change the line up will stay the same. But if we do run into trouble theres no way id take perault outta the line up. He is winnning draws and is playing hard and chiping in offensively. The only change i oculd see happen if we stink is Sunstrum for Deganais.(If Healthy) Maybe Quintal for Komisrek and that one is a big maybe. I wouldnt take anyone esle outta the line up for ward. Not langdon, not peralut, not juneau. Ward gets in if theres an injury. In my mind anyways

Old
04-21-2004, 12:39 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoivu
Why fix what ainght broken. Leave the line up the way it is. Even if Quintal Sundstrum and Ward come back. Until we start t play bad and need a change the line up will stay the same. But if we do run into trouble theres no way id take perault outta the line up. He is winnning draws and is playing hard and chiping in offensively. The only change i oculd see happen if we stink is Sunstrum for Deganais.(If Healthy) Maybe Quintal for Komisrek and that one is a big maybe. I wouldnt take anyone esle outta the line up for ward. Not langdon, not peralut, not juneau. Ward gets in if theres an injury. In my mind anyways
I dont like that "if it aint broke dont fix it" quote. So if we would win without a Koivu or Zed injured should we wait to play bad before we put them in our line up again? The point is we have better players who can step up, play better than Dags and help Ribs and Ryder to get out of their little slump. Why wait?

Closed Thread