HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

28th Obsequious Banter Thread: Tribute to Claude ****ing Giroux

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2010, 05:50 PM
  #26
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I use 'history' every day. It's a great degree.

UseYourAllusion is offline  
Old
01-14-2010, 05:56 PM
  #27
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 15,781
vCash: 500
to your new avy, too, UYA.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Old
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
  #28
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
to your new avy, too, UYA.
Val has a nice one too. This whole thing is outrageous, Jay Leno is a classless hack.

UseYourAllusion is offline  
Old
01-14-2010, 06:44 PM
  #29
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
(541): So, when he came he screamed MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! at the top of his lungs and all of his roomates yelled back FINISH HER!!!!.....yeah kinda akward
I lol'd.

Jester is offline  
Old
01-14-2010, 07:18 PM
  #30
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier
 
flyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Country: United States
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Where is the guy with the Giroux Koopa Troopa avatar??

flyguy is offline  
Old
01-14-2010, 08:42 PM
  #31
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Where is the guy with the Giroux Koopa Troopa avatar??
I work with a girl whose last name is Krupa. My buddy has nicknamed her Krupa Troopa.

Terence Peterman is offline  
Old
01-14-2010, 10:50 PM
  #32
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,477
vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Leno blows. He is not funny and unoriginal.

DeadPhish5858 is offline  
Old
01-14-2010, 11:01 PM
  #33
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
He is not funny and unoriginal
i miss weed

BerubeBox* is offline  
Old
01-14-2010, 11:56 PM
  #34
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 35,492
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Someone please tell me how this is not a suspension.

A. he is a Penguin.

B. He isnt a bully

Thats all Colin Campbell needs.

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
01-15-2010, 12:41 AM
  #35
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 35,492
vCash: 50
I think its official. Rush Limbaugh is a worthless ****ing *******.

If he got dropped off the empire state building head first I would not shed a tear.

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
01-15-2010, 01:17 AM
  #36
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
I work with a girl whose last name is Krupa. My buddy has nicknamed her Krupa Troopa.
Is she related to Gene? That'd be pretty cool.

ChumpyG is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 01:32 AM
  #37
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
I think its official. Rush Limbaugh is a worthless ****ing *******.

If he got dropped off the empire state building head first I would not shed a tear.
You must not be very old, because that became official 9 or 10 years ago.

Now Keith Olbermann, on the other hand, became the undispuded most KILLABLE human being on the planet probably around 4, 5 years ago.

Here's how I distinguish the two. If you found Limbaugh's kids dying in the ravine after their car went over the side, you'd probably turn on their cell and leave.

If you found Olbermann's "kids" (the ones he imported from uraguay or someplace), you'd start looking for the best shaped rock to penetrate a forehead.

BerubeBox* is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 01:44 AM
  #38
TheSkatingDutchman
Registered User
 
TheSkatingDutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Albany, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Speaking of wanting to kill and late night tv, does anybody know when The Roots will start touring again and stop playing for the walking premature ejaculation that is Jimmy Fallon?

TheSkatingDutchman is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 02:07 AM
  #39
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 35,492
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
You must not be very old, because that became official 9 or 10 years ago.

Now Keith Olbermann, on the other hand, became the undispuded most KILLABLE human being on the planet probably around 4, 5 years ago.

Here's how I distinguish the two. If you found Limbaugh's kids dying in the ravine after their car went over the side, you'd probably turn on their cell and leave.

If you found Olbermann's "kids" (the ones he imported from uraguay or someplace), you'd start looking for the best shaped rock to penetrate a forehead.
I am probably older then you.
We get the Dennis Miller show here during the week, that isnt too bad.

Guess Limbaughs comments about Haiti just struck a nerve with me, there is a serious tragedy in Haiti, and all Limbaugh cares about is his own personal vendetta against Obama.
Now I am not exactly a Obama suporter, but Limbaugh seriously crossed the line with his latest comments.

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
01-15-2010, 06:45 AM
  #40
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkatingDutchman View Post
Speaking of wanting to kill and late night tv, does anybody know when The Roots will start touring again and stop playing for the walking premature ejaculation that is Jimmy Fallon?
I would guess if Fallon gets canned because of the move for any reason.

Best line from Conan last night:

"Just to put it in perspective as to how long we've been on the air, a baby that was born on the day of our first show...will now be...a slightly larger baby."


Last edited by JLHockeyKnight: 01-15-2010 at 09:15 AM.
JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 08:15 AM
  #41
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I would guess if Fallon gets canned because of the move for any reason.

Best line from Conan last night:

"Just to put it in perspective as to how long we've been on the air, a baby that was born on the day of our first show...will now be...a lightly larger baby."

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 08:28 AM
  #42
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I would guess if Fallon gets canned because of the move for any reason.

Best line from Conan last night:

"Just to put it in perspective as to how long we've been on the air, a baby that was born on the day of our first show...will now be...a lightly larger baby."
The best lines last night came from Kimmel's appearance on Leno.

[Asked by Leno what the best prank he ever pulled was] "The best prank I ever pulled was I told a guy that—five years from now—I'm gonna give you my show. And then when the five years came, I gave it to him, and then I took it back almost instantly."

[Asked by Leno what the record is for number of lap dances he's received in one night] "Strippers, I don't like in general. Because you have this phony relationship with them for money, similar to that of when you and Conan were on The Tonight Show together, passing the torch... you know what I'm saying."

[Asked by Leno what he hasn't yet hosted, but would like to] "Oh, this is a trick, right? Where you get me to host The Tonight Show and then take it back from me?"

CantSeeColors is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 08:31 AM
  #43
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
The best lines last night came from Kimmel's appearance on Leno.

[Asked by Leno what the best prank he ever pulled was] "The best prank I ever pulled was I told a guy that—five years from now—I'm gonna give you my show. And then when the five years came, I gave it to him, and then I took it back almost instantly."

[Asked by Leno what the record is for number of lap dances he's received in one night] "Strippers, I don't like in general. Because you have this phony relationship with them for money, similar to that of when you and Conan were on The Tonight Show together, passing the torch... you know what I'm saying."

[Asked by Leno what he hasn't yet hosted, but would like to] "Oh, this is a trick, right? Where you get me to host The Tonight Show and then take it back from me?"
If I recall, it's not Leno who asked to be moved back, it was NBC's decision.

Why is everyone hating on Leno? Not that I care.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 09:19 AM
  #44
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
If I recall, it's not Leno who asked to be moved back, it was NBC's decision.

Why is everyone hating on Leno? Not that I care.
You're right. NBC essentially told him 5 years prior they wanted Conan to replace him in June 2009.

Then when Leno was STILL doing great in ratings a year prior, instead of looking to cancel the deal, they barrelled through. Now their ratings suck. Go figure.

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 09:42 AM
  #45
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Kimmel absolutely murdered Leno. You could tell they had agreed on some jabs, but Kimmel obviously went beyond what they had agreed on, you could see Leno just couldn't wait to end the interview.

I have to say, the one guy who comes out of this looking awesome is Kimmel. I've always liked him, but he's gone to another level, his Leno imitation deserves an Emmy.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 09:46 AM
  #46
Lab Monkey
Registered User
 
Lab Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
A little overconfident, maybe?


OT: are you the Ottawa Flyers fan that knows Nino Rizzo?
lol nah shes been bugging me for 2 years for a ring

No idea who Nino Rizzo is, but I do know Powe's hair stylist lol. Its my gf's boss

Lab Monkey is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 09:47 AM
  #47
Lab Monkey
Registered User
 
Lab Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Where is the guy with the Giroux Koopa Troopa avatar??
I changed it

Lab Monkey is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 09:54 AM
  #48
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
Is she related to Gene? That'd be pretty cool.
I've always wanted to ask, but I don't figure she's the kind of girl who would be...aware of that.

Terence Peterman is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 10:13 AM
  #49
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
If I recall, it's not Leno who asked to be moved back, it was NBC's decision.

Why is everyone hating on Leno? Not that I care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
You're right. NBC essentially told him 5 years prior they wanted Conan to replace him in June 2009.

Then when Leno was STILL doing great in ratings a year prior, instead of looking to cancel the deal, they barrelled through. Now their ratings suck. Go figure.
His hypocrisy and "me me me" attitude probably have something to do with it.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/12/23/ar...l?pagewanted=1

CantSeeColors is offline  
Old
01-15-2010, 10:25 AM
  #50
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Holy ****.

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/20...?currentPage=1

Umm, don't cross Marvin Harrison. I actually know a guy who works for Seth Williams, might ask him about this if I see him.

FlyHigh is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.