HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

28th Obsequious Banter Thread: Tribute to Claude ****ing Giroux

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2010, 10:06 AM
JSTAFF

vCash: 500
I have 100k in loans and my payments are 6xx a month. Paid off by the time im...............in my 50s.

Old
01-16-2010, 11:34 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I just looked into getting my firearms ID, gotta wait til Tuesday because a lot of cops are off because of the holiday weekend. Understandable.

Looked up info on the Permit to Purchase, only costs $2, but you only have 30 days to purchase it before it expires. Wow. What bull ****.

Old
01-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I just looked into getting my firearms ID, gotta wait til Tuesday because a lot of cops are off because of the holiday weekend. Understandable.

Looked up info on the Permit to Purchase, only costs $2, but you only have 30 days to purchase it before it expires. Wow. What bull ****.
Right now I can go to any gun shop in PA. Pick out a gun, fill out paperwork, and within 45 minutes I'll be approved electronically and walking out of the store.

Old
01-16-2010, 12:55 PM
KevinLin

I have an abscessed tooth and need a root canal. Thank god for vicodin....oh and amoxicillin too.

Does anyone here write fiction? If so have you been published? Short stories or books.

Old
01-16-2010, 01:06 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLin View Post
I have an abscessed tooth and need a root canal. Thank god for vicodin....oh and amoxicillin too.
I had an abscessed tooth. Most painful thing I've ever experienced. Pain just ripples through your body, and gets exponentially worse and worse, until you get the surgery to make it stop. By the time I was actually able to see the dental surgeon, the vicodin might as well've been candy.

Old
01-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Jester

Quote:

Does anyone here write fiction? If so have you been published? Short stories or books.
Attempting to become a writer? I've been published in the academic setting, which doesn't really help. But I would highly suggest checking out the Writer's Market line of books, as they're really informative about the whole system.

Old
01-16-2010, 01:23 PM
KevinLin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Attempting to become a writer? I've been published in the academic setting, which doesn't really help. But I would highly suggest checking out the Writer's Market line of books, as they're really informative about the whole system.
Attempting to write in my spare time and get to the point where I can submit with some confidence in what I did. I took a short story writing class/workshop in college and I definitely felt like the best writer in the class. Well not grammatically but I was able to write stories the class actually enjoyed reading/discussing. And I write now sporadically but not consistent enough to where I would be confident in submitting anything. I have a couple writing books and I also read a good bit in my spare time. I don't realistically see it as a career but I wouldn't mind getting a few stories published.

Old
01-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Jester

Quote:
Attempting to write in my spare time and get to the point where I can submit with some confidence in what I did. I took a short story writing class/workshop in college and I definitely felt like the best writer in the class. Well not grammatically but I was able to write stories the class actually enjoyed reading/discussing. And I write now sporadically but not consistent enough to where I would be confident in submitting anything. I have a couple writing books and I also read a good bit in my spare time. I don't realistically see it as a career but I wouldn't mind getting a few stories published.
Gotcha. Well those Writer's Market books are excellent for laying out the publishing side of the whole setup. Another idea would be to find some informal writing seminars where folks get together and share work and exchange ideas. I know there are some in Philly (have seen the ads and have some friends that have gone before--journalist and ad writer, though). They would likely help with sharpening writing, as well as likely having folks that would be able to give very concrete advice on the writing-to-publishing path.

Old
01-16-2010, 01:59 PM
KevinLin

On that note...thank god for vicodin...an abscessed tooth is hell without it.

Old
01-16-2010, 01:59 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
There's websites too where you can publish portions of your book and get tips/reviews from other users. My old econ prof is trying to publish a fantasy book and has been using one of them religiously, I can't remember the name, but I can probably find it if you want it.

As far as most painful things, I've cut the tip off my pinky and had several ingrown toenails (soccer + flat feet = ingrown toenails and back pain!), but I broke my elbow and sprained my wrist simultaneously while trying to make a catch in football, it absolutely sucked, they were trying to get it X-Rayed and I literally could twist my arm to the proper position.

Old
01-16-2010, 02:02 PM
KevinLin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I had an abscessed tooth. Most painful thing I've ever experienced. Pain just ripples through your body, and gets exponentially worse and worse, until you get the surgery to make it stop. By the time I was actually able to see the dental surgeon, the vicodin might as well've been candy.
Yeah, I don't have enough vicodin to last till the surgery, but the dentist says I should feel better once the amoxicillin takes care of the infection. I only have 12 vicodin so i am only taking them at night/the morning and using 600 mg of advil at other times. It seems to be working as the advil helps with some of the swelling the vicodin just takes care of the pain.

Old
01-16-2010, 02:21 PM
IrishSniper87

Bored. Watching Detroit and Dallas game on justin.tv

Wish I could watch the Blackhawks though. They might be my West team, Kane and Toews = awesome.

Old
01-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

Wish I could watch the Blackhawks though. They might be my West team, Kane and Toews = awesome.
Yeah, Chicago is really fun to watch play. I really enjoy watching SJ play, too...however, we know how that story ends every year.

Old
01-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
For a split second I thought you were talking about football but, then I read a bit more closely and, well, yeah...

Old
01-16-2010, 02:38 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
For a split second I thought you were talking about football but, then I read a bit more closely and, well, yeah...
Haha.

Old
01-16-2010, 02:57 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Right now I can go to any gun shop in PA. Pick out a gun, fill out paperwork, and within 45 minutes I'll be approved electronically and walking out of the store.
Considering work is only a minimum 35 minutes away, the second I go to buy a house, I'm buying in PA. But believe it or not, NJ charges you an exiting fee when you move out of state. This state ****ing sucks.

Old
01-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Considering work is only a minimum 35 minutes away, the second I go to buy a house, I'm buying in PA. But believe it or not, NJ charges you an exiting fee when you move out of state. This state ****ing sucks.
It's no surprise that there are few tolls entering Jersey but there sure as **** are always tolls to leave.

Old
01-16-2010, 03:22 PM
IrishSniper87

Wow, the Red wings can't score unless Datsyuk and Zetterberg are on the ice. It's sad really.

Old
01-16-2010, 03:44 PM
IrishSniper87

Wow, the War Room in Toronto SUCKS. Gave Ott a goal in the SO that never crossed the line. Just brutal for the Red Wings.

Old
01-16-2010, 10:30 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:

In NJ? I had to pay like $60 for mine. You have to get fingerprinted and stuff and as far as I know (unless they changed it since I got mine) it doesn't expire. Thankfully I live in PA now so I can go buy shells and **** and not have to go through a big hassle and also feel like I am a criminal because that is what they treat you like in NJ and how people in the store look at you.

On another note, anyone have ESPN Insider wanna post or tell me what the Insider article about the Flyers is about? The title is "Here Come the Flyers (!)"

Old
01-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
On another note, anyone have ESPN Insider wanna post or tell me what the Insider article about the Flyers is about? The title is "Here Come the Flyers (!)"
Just a worthless blurb.

Old
01-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Lab Monkey

Yay! She said yes! I am officially engaged

Old
01-16-2010, 10:51 PM
KevinLin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Monkey View Post
Congrats, I believe this is something that makes you old.

Old
01-16-2010, 11:01 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Monkey View Post
Congrats!

Not too overconfident, after all.

Old
01-16-2010, 11:16 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Anyone ever been to a show at the United Palace Theater in NYC?

Closed Thread