HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has stauffer gone off the deep end

Old
01-14-2010, 03:48 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
Has stauffer gone off the deep end

I realize he works for the oilers--but man he is stretching his credibility

"Horcoff could turn into a point a game man next year"

Horcoff has never been a point a game player--he is 31 and it is not going to start now

He had one year where he cracked 70pts--the other 8 he is at 50pts a year(give or take that is about the average)

Listening to the oiler lunch sometimes i am curious if he is fed what to say and he can not actually say what he means--i would love to say he is playing the devils advocate--but when pulls blatant stat out of his butt and tries to sell the idea. Horcoff is no longer developing he is now into his prime.

Bashing Smyth? Oilers don't have any player close to having the heart of Smyth.

And "I know 3 teams that want Penner" then tell tambo the teams trade him for picks and prospects and get the oilers 4 million away from the cap and be able to spread the money around...

come on Stauffer--stop being an twit--grow a set, don't pull stats out of one of your orifices that are fault and start being honest and not a Lowe apologetic fool.

Sorry--got a problem with Stauffer and certain things he has been saying on his show and yes--i realize he is on the oiler payroll and how redundant this rant is

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 03:50 PM
SlowFreshOil*

vCash: 500
He's a puppet now. I swear Katz hands Lowe's jock around like a respirator to these guys.

For me he's lost a ton of cred after the Horc comments. A ton.

What's next, Moreau's been one of the Oilers best Captains?

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Petro Points

maybe he was saying "Horcoff could turn into a point a game man next year" IF he centers Kovalchuk and Hemsky.

OR if he has a season ending injury after the first 4 games

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 03:53 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Defending the contracts--that is what is getting me--defending so many bad contracts

Old
joestevens29

vCash: 2700
Why we dumping Penner?

As for Horcoff if he got 60+ and played the defensive game that he ususally does his contract would be just about worth it. The guy had problems with his shoulder this year, there is a chance that next year he doesn't have this problem. No point writing off a guy that you are stuck with anyways.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Giant Moo

You say you want him to grow a pair? Forget it. Stauffer got that problem taken care of when he joined the Oilers org.

He's now a Stepford Wife, just like Tambo.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Philly85
Raps'

Man, you are seriously reaching JTS. I've listened to the entire 2 hour block of Oilers Lunch today.

I can't STAND some of the stuff I hear, both on the radio and from guys like Kevin Lowe and Steve Tambellini. Quite frankly I'm sick of everyone and anyone associated with this current debacle. However, regarding Horcoff and "PPG player" comment, all it is is pure speculation, he's not speaking as if this is what he believes, he is simply stating this is a possibility.

He is fielding callers all show who are angry fans, absolutely lambasting the organization, and in many instances Bob is actually agreeing with them. Reads emails from listeners who absolutely rip him and the Oilers (specifically the management). He is trying to be as reasonable as possible without actually bashing the organization. I think he is being fair.

Last edited by Philly85: 01-14-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
maybe he was saying "Horcoff could turn into a point a game man next year" IF he centers Kovalchuk and Hemsky.

OR if he has a season ending injury after the first 4 games
I think the later. He will get 2 points on opening night and then be out for the season with a herniated disc in his lower back.

I think Neilson and Chase are the only guys worth listening to now adays on 1260. Gregor is still alright but Stauff is getting ridiculous.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 03:56 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Why we dumping Penner?

As for Horcoff if he got 60+ and played the defensive game that he ususally does his contract would be just about worth it. The guy had problems with his shoulder this year, there is a chance that next year he doesn't have this problem. No point writing off a guy that you are stuck with anyways.

60+ pts

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=26126

Horcoff is a 50pt man

60+ only once in ten years

50 51 53 pts after the lone 70+ season before that he was a 40pt man

Old
01-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Oil Gauge
5+14+6+1=97

Horcoff could be a point per game player next season, its true. Whats your problem? He could also be in the AHL.

Did he say that he will be a point per game player?

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
Horcoff could be a point per game player next season, its true. Whats your problem? He could also be in the AHL.

Gretzky could come back to the Oilers and put up a 200 point season too.

Point is, what the **** is the point of talking about something that is unrealistic? Is that what really makes good radio?

Old
01-14-2010, 04:00 PM
stoff

Didn't he get 50 points in 53 games the year before his contract extension? That is close enough to a point per game. Add that with the 70 + point year and it is not out of the realm of possibility he gets a point per game. Just very unlikely.

stoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:02 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
60+ pts

Horcoff is a 50pt man

I know what he has done over his career. I was saying if he gets 60 which isn't a stretch for him. You take (his points/gp)*82 and he works out to an average of 64 points. It's not that far fetched.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it wouldn't be the first time that he came back and had a very productive season. Before 07-08 everyone was ripping him and he ending up puttin up 50 in 53.

Old
01-14-2010, 04:03 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post

he said HE COULD BE and my question where in the previous ten years since Horcoff started playing in the oiler line up has Horcoff given that indication

it was not just the horcoff comments that got to me

he is whiffing at a lot of chances to get on the oilers and make observations as to what the oilers could do--

Over the past 4 shows--his position has gotten me turning over to fan590 for hockey discussion instead of his show

His defense of the bad contracts and defending previously bad moves--that has left me dumb founded

Old
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Gretzky could come back to the Oilers and put up a 200 point season too.

Point is, what the **** is the point of talking about something that is unrealistic? Is that what really makes good radio?
Stauffer has succeeded to get people talking about himself and his show, so maybe it doesn't matter if it makes good radio or not. But I, for one, won't be tuning in to hear that kind of nonsense.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ScrillaVilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
60+ pts

Horcoff is a 50pt man

well to be fair to Horcoff, one of those 50 point seasons was 50 points in 50 games (or something close to that anyway). So he was close to a point a game player.

regardless of that he certainly is $hitting the bed this season.

ScrillaVilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:04 PM
GRIZZ

He Wasn't Bashing Smyth, He was bashing Smyth's contract demands. ANd saying that Ryan Smyth was a really good hockey player and always put an effort in day in-day out. So how is that bashing? And Regarding the horcoff contract, he said when the Oilers brass handed out Horcoff's latest contract they were not handing out for right now, they handed out for potential (ie Penner) As well the "I know 3 teams interested in Penner last season" its not always as simple as "Get it Done"

GRIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Didn't he get 50 points in 53 games the year before his contract extension? That is close enough to a point per game. Add that with the 70 + point year and it is not out of the realm of possibility he gets a point per game. Just very unlikely.
Are NHL seasons 53 games long? It was jsut liek Stauffer referring to Penner as a PPG player earlier this year. You are a PPG game player when you do it consistently over 82 game seasons. Horcoff is no where close to that and the fact that he is getting older doesn't help.

Old
01-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Moo View Post
Stauffer has succeeded to get people talking about himself and his show, so maybe it doesn't matter if it makes good radio or not. But I, for one, won't be tuning in to hear that kind of nonsense.
I'll tuine in because as another thread on here said, laughter is the best medicine. I'm at the point where it doesn't piss me off but it is just pure comedy.

They have all gone mad.

Old
01-14-2010, 04:21 PM
joestevens29

I have to ask, why in the hell are they allowing Smyth talk anymore?

Old
01-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I have to ask, why in the hell are they allowing Smyth talk anymore?
No reason to not allow Smyth talk when the guy is trying to generate conversation by throwing out gems of Horc becoming a PPG player.

Old
01-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Oil Gauge
5+14+6+1=97

Quote:
Are NHL seasons 53 games long? It was jsut liek Stauffer referring to Penner as a PPG player earlier this year. You are a PPG game player when you do it consistently over 82 game seasons. Horcoff is no where close to that and the fact that he is getting older doesn't help.
So you don't give Hemsky credit for finally hitting the Point per Game expectation that we all had of him? He finally did it and you are taking it away from him. That's cruel..

But come on, you don't have to have 82 points or more to be considered a point per game player. Sure there is a cut off somewhere which would void your Point per game status, it definitely is not 81 games though. 50 points in 53 games is pretty respectable, and if he started producing like that again then he would be worth most of the pennies he is getting.

Is it possible that Horcoff is a bad player on a bad team, and a good player on a good team? What if we put a good team around him again? Maybe he gets back to a 50 point player every 53 games. We all know he has it in him, we have all seen it. Where in the world it has went I couldn't tell you, but I don't think its out of the realm of possibility for him to find his game again. Though it is probably out of the realm of probability that he will as the chances of him sucking again next year are greater than the chances of him not.

I'm not a horcoff supporter, I wish he could be traded or berried in the minors. But as long as he is here he has to be given a chance, mostly due to his huge contract.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact

vCash: 1271
I listened to it. Oilers Lunch. Now I have indigestion.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
No reason to not allow Smyth talk when the guy is trying to generate conversation by throwing out gems of Horc becoming a PPG player.
Way too much living in the past in Edmonton. Smyth is gone there is nothing we can do about that now.

Old
01-14-2010, 04:31 PM
HFPM

Send a message via MSN to HFPM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Man, you are seriously reaching JTS. I've listened to the entire 2 hour block of Oilers Lunch today.

I can't STAND some of the stuff I hear, both on the radio and from guys like Kevin Lowe and Steve Tambellini. Quite frankly I'm sick of everyone and anyone associated with this current debacle. However, regarding Horcoff and "PPG player" comment, all it is is pure speculation, he's not speaking as if this is what he believes, he is simply stating this is a possibility.

He is fielding callers all show who are angry fans, absolutely lambasting the organization, and in many instances Bob is actually agreeing with them. Reads emails from listeners who absolutely rip him and the Oilers (specifically the management). He is trying to be as reasonable as possible without actually bashing the organization. I think he is being fair.
I was listening as well and agree. Gotta be fun when people will rip on your job for anything and everything.

HFPM is offline   Reply With Quote