HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has stauffer gone off the deep end

Old
01-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Oil Gauge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I'll tuine in because as another thread on here said, laughter is the best medicine. I'm at the point where it doesn't piss me off but it is just pure comedy.

They have all gone mad.
Imagine being a member of the sports media in edmonton now, oh it would be terrible. All day long you have to eat breath and think about how horrid the Oilers are. And you have to be serious about it, it would be painful.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
So you don't give Hemsky credit for finally hitting the Point per Game expectation that we all had of him? He finally did it and you are taking it away from him. That's cruel..

But come on, you don't have to have 82 points or more to be considered a point per game player. Sure there is a cut off somewhere which would void your Point per game status, it definitely is not 81 games though. 50 points in 53 games is pretty respectable, and if he started producing like that again then he would be worth most of the pennies he is getting.

Is it possible that Horcoff is a bad player on a bad team, and a good player on a good team? What if we put a good team around him again? Maybe he gets back to a 50 point player every 53 games. We all know he has it in him, we have all seen it. Where in the world it has went I couldn't tell you, but I don't think its out of the realm of possibility for him to find his game again. Though it is probably out of the realm of probability that he will as the chances of him sucking again next year are greater than the chances of him not.

I'm not a horcoff supporter, I wish he could be traded or berried in the minors. But as long as he is here he has to be given a chance, mostly due to his huge contract.
Ya if Horc followed up his 50 points in 53 games with 80 in 75 or so then sure he could be considered a ppg. Fact is he hasn't done it nor has he come close to it. If it takes putting a "good" team around him then it proves that Horcoff is a follower and not a leader.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Imagine being a member of the sports media in edmonton now, oh it would be terrible. All day long you have to eat breath and think about how horrid the Oilers are. And you have to be serious about it, it would be painful.
Ya if only everything was peach trees and roses like the rest of our jobs. I really feel for these guys.

Old
01-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Maybe he meant if the season was shortened to 10 games or something?

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Way too much living in the past in Edmonton. Smyth is gone there is nothing we can do about that now.
Good point lets talk about the current positives, you start the list...

Old
01-14-2010, 04:38 PM
OmegaTheory

Wait, whaat? We're getting Kovalchuk?

OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:38 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Good point lets talk about the current positives, you start the list...
Are you serious? So instead of talking about the negatives and positives of today, you rather talk about what happened 3 years ago?

As for positives, well we have some guys going to the Olympics. We have prospects doing well in various leagues. And whatever talk about the issues of today not from years ago

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:43 PM
0ilerman
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
He's a puppet now. I swear Katz hands Lowe's jock around like a respirator to these guys.

For me he's lost a ton of cred after the Horc comments. A ton.

What's next, Moreau's been one of the Oilers best Captains?
Only second to Corson

0ilerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Wow, Stauffer has become a supreme tool. Just this past September he was on the "Horcoff isn't and will never be a PPG player," side.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Are you serious? So instead of talking about the negatives and positives of today, you rather talk about what happened 3 years ago?

As for positives, well we have some guys going to the Olympics. We have prospects doing well in various leagues. And whatever talk about the issues of today not from years ago
I would think that you are smart enough to see that some of the issues of today were created from events in the past. Everything is relevant, it's Oilers lunch and I do believe that Ryan Smyth was an Oiler.

Old
01-14-2010, 04:51 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
I think some of you have focussed on my horcoff comments--that is only part of my rant

why did he question smyth and his ability and then defend the current oilers and the contracts they have.

He also went on(for those who did not listen) that it does not think there is a problem in the room and leadership...

the horcoff point per game was just one thing--but it his defense of so many different aspects of the team --today was worse then previous days.

after a few of stuaffer's comments i was curious if he has looked at the standings and realized the oilers are 29th in the league.

And not addressing the fact the oilers have done nothing to replace either Habby or Hemsky in anyway shape or form and then ignore the question when it got answered.

And then hearing his review of the Tambo presser from Yesterday compared to what everyone else said was amusing.

And then saying he knows of 3 teams that want Penner and not getting into that detail of his statements--

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Ya if Horc followed up his 50 points in 53 games with 80 in 75 or so then sure he could be considered a ppg. Fact is he hasn't done it nor has he come close to it. If it takes putting a "good" team around him then it proves that Horcoff is a follower and not a leader.
I think there are PPG players and PPG Seasons, Horcoff came Close to a PPG Season. Which I don't think has to be 82 games to qualify. He played 65% of the season and was just under a PPG. thats a great season, not just a lucky scoring streak.

A Point Per Game player needs to do it over a few seasons.

Just because he sucks now doesn't mean we have to devalue his accomplishments in the past.

Old
01-14-2010, 05:15 PM
MrOiler

This is a silly thread. Who cares. Turn the radio off if a man's words offend you so much.

This is a silly as starting a thread on JumptheShark saying he hit is head on the tank. Come on Fonzi, take a deep breath.

MrOiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
I think there are PPG players and PPG Seasons, Horcoff came Close to a PPG Season. Which I don't think has to be 82 games to qualify. He played 65% of the season and was just under a PPG. thats a great season, not just a lucky scoring streak.

A Point Per Game player needs to do it over a few seasons.

Just because he sucks now doesn't mean we have to devalue his accomplishments in the past.
If you consider that an accomplishment then you have pretty low expectations. Hope you're not running a company.

Old
01-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I think some of you have focussed on my horcoff comments--that is only part of my rant

why did he question smyth and his ability and then defend the current oilers and the contracts they have.

He also went on(for those who did not listen) that it does not think there is a problem in the room and leadership...

the horcoff point per game was just one thing--but it his defense of so many different aspects of the team --today was worse then previous days.

after a few of stuaffer's comments i was curious if he has looked at the standings and realized the oilers are 29th in the league.

And not addressing the fact the oilers have done nothing to replace either Habby or Hemsky in anyway shape or form and then ignore the question when it got answered.

And then hearing his review of the Tambo presser from Yesterday compared to what everyone else said was amusing.

And then saying he knows of 3 teams that want Penner and not getting into that detail of his statements--
The funny thing about this is one of the teams is Ottawa because of the attempted trade last off-season. So Bob thinks that Ottawa still wants Penner which may be true, but who knows, you can't tell me that Bob is in contact with Murray everyday.

Old
01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
bleed_oil

Bob is an idiot and a sellout. I stopped paying attention to what he says a long time ago.
I hope he enjoys the fruits of his labor calling color for a brutal team and playing defense for Lowebellinni

bleed_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 05:32 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Pipelining in -40 is painful. Being a sports talk host would be gravy.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOiler View Post
This is a silly thread. Who cares. Turn the radio off if a man's words offend you so much.

This is a silly as starting a thread on JumptheShark saying he hit is head on the tank. Come on Fonzi, take a deep breath.
Here here.

This **** is beginning to get ridiculous. It's getting to the point of beyond sensibility. It's as though, if you aren't piling onto the entire organization, you aren't telling the entire truth and you don't know the story. Trying to convert everyone to ultra-critical thinkers and pessimists. People know what the current situation is with the team, the various contracts and anything else.

It's an "us against them" deal unfolding here when ultimately everyone is on the same side. Cherry picking comments from Oilers Lunch with Bob Stauffer to try to further extend our communities frustrated, aggravating feelings towards the home team. I ain't happy with what I'm presently seeing but come on, take it easy bud, it's gettin' lame.

Last edited by Philly85: 01-14-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
If you consider that an accomplishment then you have pretty low expectations. Hope you're not running a company.
Whats the problem with me running a company?

Well if you want to look at it from a company point of view he had his highest productivity level in that year. If he could operate at that productivity rate all year every year I would be a happy business owner. Maybe their in lies the problem, he was overworked, relied on too heavily and he broke down, couldn't sustain that sort of productivity over the long haul. Maybe his peak total output is accomplished while he is operating at a lower productivity level? SO his highest output was 73pts in 79 games which is a .924% productivity rate, so we need to recreate the situation which brought that result upon him.

Someone E-mail Lowe.

Old
01-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Pipelining in -40 is painful. Being a sports talk host would be gravy.
I dunno the Oilers are pretty horrible this year, i would describe their experience as painful as well. Hell it even hurts to watch them.

But on that note I bet on the Oilers winning tonight, hope they pull though.

Old
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I realize he works for the oilers--but man he is stretching his credibility

"Horcoff could turn into a point a game man next year"

Horcoff has never been a point a game player--he is 31 and it is not going to start now

He had one year where he cracked 70pts--the other 8 he is at 50pts a year(give or take that is about the average)

Listening to the oiler lunch sometimes i am curious if he is fed what to say and he can not actually say what he means--i would love to say he is playing the devils advocate--but when pulls blatant stat out of his butt and tries to sell the idea. Horcoff is no longer developing he is now into his prime.

Bashing Smyth? Oilers don't have any player close to having the heart of Smyth.

And "I know 3 teams that want Penner" then tell tambo the teams trade him for picks and prospects and get the oilers 4 million away from the cap and be able to spread the money around...

come on Stauffer--stop being an twit--grow a set, don't pull stats out of one of your orifices that are fault and start being honest and not a Lowe apologetic fool.

Sorry--got a problem with Stauffer and certain things he has been saying on his show and yes--i realize he is on the oiler payroll and how redundant this rant is

Horcoff needs excellent players to inflate his garbage skill set. thats been obvious the whole time. turds who thought he was better than that from the start were the real twits.

why trade Penner now? cause his value is high? fair enough, but why bother when this team is going to need a core of players while your diaper-butt kids are still learning how to play in this league? you cant have a top six, or even top 9 of 90% eighteen to twenty-three year old kids. what a nightmare.

get over the Smyth trade already.
6 million for that dude was absurd for the cast of characters he'd be playing with. people would be *****ing and moaning the same about him for playing below his contracts worth because theirs no chemistry to inflate his stats past 60 points.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 06:00 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleed_oil View Post
Bob is an idiot and a sellout. I stopped paying attention to what he says a long time ago.
I hope he enjoys the fruits of his labor calling color for a brutal team and playing defense for Lowebellinni
you still watch the games. thats even more dumb cause you support the team and pay Bob's check through corporate sponsorship and TV ratings.

you lose. Bob wins.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Hunt4Oil

Bob is winning anyways, he works for the Oilers and I'm sure he gets paid well. For all of you saying he is "sellng out" you would likely do the same if you were in his position.

Hunt4Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 06:23 PM
surshot*

Why were you even listening to his show if you thik this way JTS. Do you actually think he is gonna sit there and say only what you think is right to say. I got news for you I respect his opinion more then yours even if I do not always agree with him. Never really ever agreed with him even before the Oiler gig. As for him being a sell out, people he is a radio guy who is just trying to further his career how much money do you actually think he takes in?. Its his job and now it involves not being so critical although you can tell it hurts to keep his big mouth shut on some things but he has been critical just on a more even keel thats all.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 06:27 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
[QUOTE=surshot;23196756]Why were you even listening to his show if you thik this way JTS. Do you actually think he is gonna sit there and say only what you think is right to say. I got news for you I respect his opinion more then yours even if I do not always agree with him. Never really ever agreed with him even before the Oiler gig. As for him being a sell out, people he is a radio guy who is just trying to further his career how much money do you actually think he takes in?. Its his job and now it involves not being so critical although you can tell it hurts to keep his big mouth shut on some things but he has been critical just on a more even keel thats all.[/QUOTE

Usually i don't--Usually I listen to chase and dustin in the morning and Tencer at night--and when I am not listening to that I listen to the fan590--but after changing it up--I think I will stick to the fan at 8pm London time

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote