HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Tokarski

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2010, 06:55 AM
peanutvendor

vCash: 500
Tokarski

Hes backing up nitty while mike is out. what are your opinions on giving him a start before smith is back?

everything ive read said this kid is a fighter. while i dont think he is nhl ready, i do think he should get 1 start before being sent back down to let him experience the difference in talent levels. i know the next few games are important games for the standings, so it may not be a great idea at the moment, maybe against the leafs in a week if smith isnt back by then?

thoughts?

Old
01-15-2010, 07:27 AM
gobolt7

My thoughts are that Smitty will be back sooner rather then later.

(And I could be wrong, but I have a VERY strong feeling that Tokarski will not be seeing any game time on this call up. )

Old
01-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutvendor View Post
Hes backing up nitty while mike is out. what are your opinions on giving him a start before smith is back?

everything ive read said this kid is a fighter. while i dont think he is nhl ready, i do think he should get 1 start before being sent back down to let him experience the difference in talent levels. i know the next few games are important games for the standings, so it may not be a great idea at the moment, maybe against the leafs in a week if smith isnt back by then?

thoughts?
No way. Playoffs are much more important to this team than giving a 20 yo an NHL start.

Old
01-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear the Flash

vCash: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
No way. Playoffs are much more important to this team than giving a 20 yo an NHL start.
As much as I would love to see Tokarski play. I have to agree with this.

Old
01-15-2010, 12:56 PM
gobolt7

Quote:

Old
01-15-2010, 01:11 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post

I'm going to not really go out on a limb here but i'll say... this team isn't making the playoffs.

Old
01-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
I'm going to not really go out on a limb here but i'll say... this team isn't making the playoffs.
Gotta agree with ya. However, win a couple and beat some good teams and they can still draw in casual fans who think that they might.

Old
01-15-2010, 01:30 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Gotta agree with ya. However, win a couple and beat some good teams and they can still draw in casual fans who think that they might.
So true, and we can always use that revenue.

Old
01-16-2010, 11:08 AM
OptimismRestrainer

1) This ****ed up bunch of losers are NOT making the ****ing playoffs. No way in ****ing hell that **** happens. The reason is because they suck, plain and simple.

2) Calling the kid up was a stupid ****ing idea to begin with. He should be getting as much playing time as possible and that isn't going to happen sitting on the bench watching a bunch of extreme ****ing losers fake their way through hockey games.

3) This is the absolute stupidest ****ing "organization" I have ever witnessed in my almost 42 years on this earth. That being said I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tokarski gets all the starts and Nitty rides pine just to assure that we have goaltending issues in the near future.

Old
01-16-2010, 12:46 PM
jacksonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimismRestrainer View Post
1) This ****ed up bunch of losers are NOT making the ****ing playoffs. No way in ****ing hell that **** happens. The reason is because they suck, plain and simple.

2) Calling the kid up was a stupid ****ing idea to begin with. He should be getting as much playing time as possible and that isn't going to happen sitting on the bench watching a bunch of extreme ****ing losers fake their way through hockey games.

3) This is the absolute stupidest ****ing "organization" I have ever witnessed in my almost 42 years on this earth. That being said I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tokarski gets all the starts and Nitty rides pine just to assure that we have goaltending issues in the near future.
Honestly, Tic could probably use a little break. They've been riding him pretty hard in Norfolk lately and I think a few days of focusing on practice and working with a goalie coach will be good for him.

Old
01-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimismRestrainer View Post

How do you really feel about this whole situation? You should open up a little...

I doubt they play him on this call up unless Antero Notgoingtotrytospellhisname gets hurt, but, it's good to see his name in the papers.

Old
01-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Shadeslayer813

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
How do you really feel about this whole situation? You should open up a little...

I doubt they play him on this call up unless Antero Notgoingtotrytospellhisname gets hurt, but, it's good to see his name in the papers.
awesome spelling but since he was a backup they get to put him in NHL10

Old
01-16-2010, 03:59 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

I see some people in the thread are new to OR's postings. Welcome.

Old
01-16-2010, 05:02 PM
TheBoltman

No, Nitty needs to start every game, that way if he goes on a hot streak, he'll continue being number one when Smith comes back because Nitty is better because SMITH HAS PCS EVEN THOUGH NO ONE WANTS TO ADMIT IT.

Old
01-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeslayer813 View Post
awesome spelling but since he was a backup they get to put him in NHL10
Thanks

Is he not already in NHL10 on the new roster update (in Norfolk)?

I know Drayson Bowman is (also a former Chief - also making his first NHL appearance tonight).

Old
01-16-2010, 07:33 PM
TheBoltman

Quote:
Thanks

Is he not already in NHL10 on the new roster update (in Norfolk)?

I know Drayson Bowman is (also a former Chief - also making his first NHL appearance tonight).
I always thought the rule is that you must be a part of the NHLPA to be in the game, and you aren't officially allowed in the NHLPA unless you play a minimum of 1 NHL game (excluding things like Hedman being in 09 with his Swedish team).

Old
01-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoltman View Post
I always thought the rule is that you must be a part of the NHLPA to be in the game, and you aren't officially allowed in the NHLPA unless you play a minimum of 1 NHL game (excluding things like Hedman being in 09 with his Swedish team).
But, with AHL teams in the game they are putting AHL players on. I will check to see if Tokarski is on there - I know 100% for sure that Bowman is though.

Old
01-16-2010, 09:05 PM
vinnythe deuce

tokarski is on the newest nhl10 roster update in Norfolk

Old
01-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Since I didn't expect him to play and I wasn't at home to watch it, I recorded the Carolina game to see Drayson Bowman in his NHL debut.

So, I didn't get to catch Tokarski in action - how did he do?

Old
01-17-2010, 11:51 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Since I didn't expect him to play and I wasn't at home to watch it, I recorded the Carolina game to see Drayson Bowman in his NHL debut.

Didn't see but the stats say 5 for 5

I say screw it. Start him in Carolina to give him a taste and make him want to work even harder.

Old
01-17-2010, 12:19 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

No jitters in the kid, surprisingly. He looked rattled in the gold medal game, but settled down. In this case, he didn't seem to be like that at all, was steady, aware, and just went through the motions.

Good 20 minutes for the kid.

Old
01-17-2010, 02:14 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I want us to play him... just a little to see how far along he is but not so much that he gets shelled.

Old
01-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

In the three seasons he spent in Spokane he never once seemed thrown off. He had ice water in his veins in his very first start - a 2-1 shootout win over the mighty (at the time) Everett Silvertips; to this date one of the best goaltending performances I've ever seen.

Old
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
TheBoltman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Didn't see but the stats say 5 for 5

I say screw it. Start him in Carolina to give him a taste and make him want to work even harder.
Not a bad idea actually. Carolina is worse than the Bolts, and the games are usually pretty hard to predict so it'd be a good experience for him.

Old
01-17-2010, 08:15 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoltman View Post
Not a bad idea actually. Carolina is worse than the Bolts, and the games are usually pretty hard to predict so it'd be a good experience for him.
At least they try.

Closed Thread