HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

for Saturday's game

Old
01-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Juicey
aka HamhuisHip

vCash: 500
for Saturday's game

So with the expected return of Demitra for Saturdayís game I wonder what the line-up will look like, especially when you consider that Bernier and Bolduc are questionable (Johnson canít come off LTIR until later).

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuellson
Demtra-Wellwood- Hansen/Rypien
Hordichuk-???-Hansen/Rypien

If Bolduc can go he will slide into the 4C spot. If Bernier can go what happens then?

Juicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:28 PM
lefty2time*

Not sure about the 4th line..but i think the top 9 will look like either:

Sedin Sedin Burr
Raymond Kesler Demitra
Bernier Welly Samuelsson

or maybe

Sedin Sedin Burr
Raymond Kesler Samuelsson
with Demitra welly and Bernier on the 3rd?

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:30 PM
In Gillis We Trust

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson
Demitra-Wellwood-Hansen
Hordichuk-Rypien-Glass

Bernier was with Demitra and Wellwood but skated off the ice 10 minutes into practice.

Source: being lazy on a friday and listening to team 1040

In Gillis We Trust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:32 PM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
In a perfect world:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Grabner
Samuelsson - Demitra - Bernier
Hansen - Rypien - Glass

CCF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:43 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Glass-Wellwood-Demitra
Hordichuk-Rypien-Hansen

with Bolduc and Bernier out, those are all the forwards in place... can't see them calling up anyone (like Grabner), especially with Demitra now ready to go.

once Bernier and Johnson are back:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Demitra-Wellwood-Bernier
Glass-Johnson-Rypien

Hordichuk will probably get more time than Hansen at this point... seems like AV just has no love for Hansen. His time with his organization looks to be coming to an end unfortunately. I still think he has some solid upside and could be a valuable player for this team, but I'm not seeing the fit with AV.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:51 PM
lush
@jasonlush

NFITO that looks about right to me. Though, I must admit I shuddered a little bit at our third line. Initially I wasn't sure what to think of it but I have a feeling it's going to be terrible. Hopefully I'm wrong.

lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:55 PM
In Gillis We Trust

It's been repeated several times now on Team 1040 that Demitra, Wellwood, and Hansen will be a line. I'm assuming that leaves Hordichuk, Rypien, Glass as the 4th line.

Old
01-15-2010, 03:57 PM
bpoulsen

Send a message via ICQ to bpoulsen
With Demitra back and Bernier still out, that's a perfect chance to give Hansen a chance to play with some more skilled guys.

For some reason Hansen just has to have one bad shift and he's in AV's dog house. Whereas Glass has now gone 5-6 games where he's done nothing and still riding shotgun on the 3rd line..

What baffles me the most was Rypien playing more than half the game against Minnesota on the 2nd line... And Hansen wasn't even getting a regular shift on the 4th line. I remember a couple of times where he wasn't in. And he's barely playing on the PK too ... I don't get AV ... But then again .. I'm a dane... Maybe that's Hansen's problem too heh ....

bpoulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:57 PM
bpoulsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Gillis We Trust View Post
It's been repeated several times now on Team 1040 that Demitra, Wellwood, and Hansen will be a line. I'm assuming that leaves Hordichuk, Rypien, Glass as the 4th line.
whee ... Just what I wanted to hear!!!!

Old
01-15-2010, 03:59 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
I'm curious to see how long it lasts... I can't see AV keeping Hansen on that unit the whole game... he's started off on the 3rd line the last couple games as well, and has been moved down as the game went on.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:02 PM
bpoulsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
I'm curious to see how long it lasts... I can't see AV keeping Hansen on that unit the whole game... he's started off on the 3rd line the last couple games as well, and has been moved down as the game went on.
Well Hansen played the entire game against Nashville on the 3rd line. He got the message that was sent to him from being sent to the press box. He had 3 hits and three shots .. Tanner Glass had zero hits and 1 shot. Welly was 1 and 1...

Then next game (Minnesota) Hansen is sent to the 4th line ...

Old
01-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Alan Jackson

Quote:
Hordichuk will probably get more time than Hansen at this point... seems like AV just has no love for Hansen. His time with his organization looks to be coming to an end unfortunately. I still think he has some solid upside and could be a valuable player for this team, but I'm not seeing the fit with AV.
I don't know. I don't think Vigneault is very fond of Hordichuk at the moment. He sure threw him under the bus regarding the Boogard comments.

My guess would be that Hordichuk has found himself back in Vigneault's doughouse, which means more playing time for Hansen for the time being.

Alan Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:05 PM
In Gillis We Trust

Quote:
Me too. It's all up to Hansen. He's got to bring energy and grit to his game and that line. Hansen's a much better player than Glass if and when Hansen gets his game back. Sometimes a little time in the doghouse is the greatest cure.

Old
01-15-2010, 04:08 PM
bpoulsen

Quote:
Me too. It's all up to Hansen. He's got to bring energy and grit to his game and that line. Hansen's a much better player than Glass if and when Hansen gets his game back. Sometimes a little time in the doghouse is the greatest cure.
I agree on that ... This is probably the one chance Hansen HAS to grab and take full advantage of.

Old
01-15-2010, 04:13 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Perfect timing for Demitra to get back.

01-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoulsen View Post
Well Hansen played the entire game against Nashville on the 3rd line. He got the message that was sent to him from being sent to the press box. He had 3 hits and three shots .. Tanner Glass had zero hits and 1 shot. Welly was 1 and 1...

Then next game (Minnesota) Hansen is sent to the 4th line ...
I find Hansen difficult to watch on the ice, he's all over the place (ie not north south) and I think this annoys AV who wants his players to follow instructions to the letter (except in the case of fighting, they know their role and he doesn't have to say anything ). I think under Coach V Hansen will not be a Canuck for long...definitely trade bait for a 3rd line center.

I think he can be successful in the NHL with the tools he has and his offensive instincts but needs the right environment.

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:49 PM
The Protein Shake*
I'm Hungry.

Demitra! Great time to come back to the Line-up. Hopefully he finds a good fit with.. Whoever hes going to play.

The Protein Shake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:08 PM
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
I don't know. I don't think Vigneault is very fond of Hordichuk at the moment. He sure threw him under the bus regarding the Boogard comments.

My guess would be that Hordichuk has found himself back in Vigneault's doughouse, which means more playing time for Hansen for the time being.
I think AV was being a joker, and just tossed the remarks back at Boogard more than anyone.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:48 PM
lush
@jasonlush

If Hansen is going to play with Welly and Demitra then I totally agree that this is a huge opportunity for him. He came back from his injury blazing and I have no idea what's happened to him since then. He got that shot on our second line for one game but either he blew that or AV is just ******** and only lets him play for half a period there.

Anyways, I'm happy for Hansen because I'm a big fan (and believer) in him. He's one of the few (youngsters?) we have who seems to have the right skill print for our third line. Anyways, good for him. I just hope Demitra isn't completely useless out there after not playing for so long that the coach just rotates things trying to get Demitra going. The guy is old now, we saw how long it took Sundin last year and this year with Schneider it wasn't good either. Time to lower expectations for Demitra.

lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:11 PM
B-rock

My prediction based upon AV's penchant for pluggers:

Sedins Burrows
Glass Kesler Rypien
Hordichuk Wellwood Raymond
Samuelsson Demitra Hansen

B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:19 PM
VanEric

Demitra will probably be really good for a couple games based on adrenaline then he'll hit the wall.

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Johnny LaRue

On another note, how do you guys figure Bowness is going to work the defensive pairings? The Nucks have the Crosby line and the Malkin lines to worry about, and they're already down some defencemen. Are we going to have SOB futily trying to cover Malkin tomorrow night?

Johnny LaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundskeeperWillie View Post
So with the expected return of Demitra for Saturdayís game I wonder what the line-up will look like, especially when you consider that Bernier and Bolduc are questionable (Johnson canít come off LTIR until later).

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuellson
Demtra-Wellwood- Hansen/Rypien
Hordichuk-???-Hansen/Rypien

If Bolduc can go he will slide into the 4C spot. If Bernier can go what happens then?
why is Hordichuk still in your lineup when Demitra comes back, we have enough depth to waive him right now, no body would want crap like him.

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
In a perfect world:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Grabner
Samuelsson - Demitra - Bernier
Hansen - Rypien - Glass
Exactly

Pseudonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Exactly
Why? Didn't Demitra leave Minnesota because he doesn't like playing center on a defensive role?

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote