HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Which Gloves Have the Most Mobility/Flexibility

Old
01-15-2010, 04:38 PM
DogFoodEnforcer

vCash: 500
Which Gloves Have the Most Mobility/Flexibility

Im going to be needing a new pair of gloves soon (old ones are pushing 10+ years), but im not a huge fan of a lot of these new glove models. ive always preferred a large amount of flexibility in the wrists of the glove (for wrist shots and general comfort).

im just playing beer league, so i dont need gloves with a gigantic amount of protection...im more after comfort.

there are so many types of gloves out now that i just dont know where to start. so i come to you guys for some guidance.

i know that gloves dont fit everyone the same, and what works for one person may not work for another, but i thought that this is the best place of any to get some info.

thanks in advance!

DogFoodEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

For me, One75 gloves because they felt broken in and had a ton of mobility in the wrist. Yes they fit super tight compared to old school gloves, but the cuff floats and flares.

I found a lot of other gloves knocked into my wrists stickhandling in the store, so these were great.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:20 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

I just got a new pair of Reebok 6k Kinetic Fit gloves and I really like them. They are very comfortable and flexible. In these gloves your wrists are completely uninhibited b/c the part that keeps the gloves snug is a cushy pad on the back of your hand. The glove then flares out from there. My shot is almost the same with these gloves on as it is when I am barehanded. They are mid range on the price around $70 or so.

Edit:
Here is a description of the glove from Hockey Monkey:

Features:

Multi-Segmented, Open, Flexible Cuff designed for maximum range of motion at the wrist.
Combination Strech And Nash Palm - Uninhibited, soft-feel palm.
Lock Thumb prevents hyperextension of the thumb.
KFS Blocking Pattern - Allows the glove to follow the natural movement of the hand.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:40 PM
jsykes

Just got back into hockey after 15 years so things have changed a bit and I was in your same boat. I went with some Easton SE16 gloves as they seemed to be a more classic 4 roll design much like I was used to, but the cuffs are short and very flared so there is a ton of wrist movement available. I like them a lot, very comfortable and "broken in" from day one.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Ani simov mal

The ones that are at the top of the market are best. My personal favorites are Bauer 4 rolls and eagle ppfs. I tried S19 gloves and I can play a piano with those.

Ani simov mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Heat McManus

S19s are extremely flexible but are a tight fit. Bauer 4-Rolls and Easton E-Pros are the most flexible I've felt from fingers to cuff. They are a bit roomier.

In my experience, beer leaguers still chop like morons. Go for something with good plastic inserts.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:32 PM
madmutter
Oilyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
Just got back into hockey after 15 years so things have changed a bit and I was in your same boat. I went with some Easton SE16 gloves as they seemed to be a more classic 4 roll design much like I was used to, but the cuffs are short and very flared so there is a ton of wrist movement available. I like them a lot, very comfortable and "broken in" from day one.
I have these and really like them. The only problem with them is that the leather on the palm is so soft the knob on your stick will chew them up in a hurry. I ended up putting those rubber command grips on my sticks and the leather hasn't really worn much since.

madmutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:21 PM
DogFoodEnforcer

thanks for all the input.

ive been looking at the bauer pro 4 rolls, but cant find anywhere locally where i could go and try them on before ordering them. found some great prices online compared to the stores locally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat McManus View Post
S19s are extremely flexible but are a tight fit. Bauer 4-Rolls and Easton E-Pros are the most flexible I've felt from fingers to cuff. They are a bit roomier.

In my experience, beer leaguers still chop like morons. Go for something with good plastic inserts.
so true. i took a stick to the face two weeks ago. the guy didnt bother going for my stick, he went for my face first. same thing happened last weekend, but i dodged it by less than an inch. it brushed my stubble.hahaha

Old
01-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Superstar Treatment

Send a message via AIM to Superstar Treatment
Bauer Four rolls are easily your best bet for a flexible, more traditional, glove that won't restrict you.

Superstar Treatment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:44 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Bauer 4 Rolls, you won't regret it. They are very roomy. If you can, try the TPS R8s too, but they feel warm during the summer (works great in a cold rink in January). PPFs deserve a mention too.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:27 PM
DevilsFan38

I'll add another vote for Bauer 4 rolls. I also like gloves that are roomy in the wrist, and I have them and love them. I find they run a bit large, with most gloves I looked at the 13" fit perfect but in these I had to go down to a 12".

DevilsFan38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:37 PM
DogFoodEnforcer

i like the look of the bauer 4 rolls.

i read that there are "pro" 4 rolls (made in canada and better quality), and "elite" 4 rolls (made elsewhere and of lower perceived quality).

what's the durability like with them?

i guess all i can really do is try to narrow down my preferred glove size. do any other bauer models fit somewhat similar to the 4 rolls?

Old
01-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i have 4 rolls and they are really nice, but seriously, the most flexible glove i think ive felt were the X60s. they are seriously unreal. they are so nice

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsFan38 View Post
I'll add another vote for Bauer 4 rolls. I also like gloves that are roomy in the wrist, and I have them and love them. I find they run a bit large, with most gloves I looked at the 13" fit perfect but in these I had to go down to a 12".
bauers cuffs are bigger than others, thats why i like them. the reebok gloves ahve a tight cuff and i really dont like it, you cant move your hands too much

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:40 AM
CanadaBacon

I will put a vote in for the R8's

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 12:03 PM
slackerracker

Another vote for the Bauer 4 rolls, i got them for christmas and like everyone has said they have a lot of mobility. I've also found them to be extremely comfortable.

slackerracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Heat McManus

4-Rolls are more flexible off the rack than the R8s and they're more breathable. If you like them a bit tighter you might be able to gt a good deal on a pair of XXXXs now too. They can run a bit smaller so I suggest trying the XXXXs on.

Old
01-16-2010, 12:43 PM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

i personally thought the 4 rolls weren't flexible lol, so i got one 75's.

gojacketsgo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Heat McManus

I thought the On75s/One95s were flexible in the fingers but stiff in the palm. the outside of the palm has a weird ridge to it that I could never get over. Cuffs are a bit too restrictive for me too.

Just goes to show you though the best thing to do is try a bunch on.

Old
01-16-2010, 01:18 PM
CanadaBacon

I dont find the 4roll that flexible of the rack, especially compared to the R8's

If you want to drop over 200$ i would say those AK27 Pros. Man those are comfy.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 01:37 PM
stick9

I love the fit and mobility of my One70's. You can probably pick up a pair pretty cheap on close-out.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Triple Deke

I too have Bauer One75's. Took a bit getting used to the seemingly slimmer fit, but the cuffs provide great mobility. Absolutely love them.

Triple Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Ajax02
Sauce.

I would probably also recommend 4 rolls to the OP, as it seems he's more used to the "traditional" feel of gloves.

Although for comfort, IMO you can't go wrong with a pair of Warriors or Eagles, the lining is just so soft!

Ajax02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 05:41 PM
DogFoodEnforcer

i tracked down some pro 4 rolls at a local store. they also have the kinetic fit rbk 6ks. im going to go in there and check them out...then ill probably end up trying on every pair in the store.lol

im not dead-set on traditional type gloves, i just like mobility. i remember when i went to buy new gloves 5 or 6 years ago and couldnt find anything. i bought a pair of eastons, but never actually used them, since i felt as though i couldnt move my wrists at all. it seems like a lot of glove manufacturers are going back to a more mobile cuff in their models.

Old
01-16-2010, 06:48 PM
PNHockey61

I hate breaking in gloves and if I bought a pair and they didn't break in within a day I'd never wear them again (mainly my easton pair). I got some Bauer Vapor XXX and I loved them, first day they were broken in. Then for my high school we got RBK 6Ks and those are very good after a practice. Either of those two I'd highly suggest. Both have solid padding.

PNHockey61 is offline   Reply With Quote