HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why are the Rangers a bad home team?

Old
01-14-2010, 08:43 PM
DaBadGuy7

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DaBadGuy7
Why are the Rangers a bad home team?

Plain and simple: Why are the Rangers such a pathetically anemic team at MSG?

DaBadGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:45 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

They suck on the road too.

HockeyStickHomicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

They're just a bad team

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:48 PM
DaBadGuy7

Send a message via AIM to DaBadGuy7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyStickHomicide View Post
They suck on the road too.
Yea, but it seems apart from the Penguins game a couple of months ago the Rangers have been solid on the road

DaBadGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:51 PM
ecemleafs

probably because we arent a creative offensive team so teams just sit back and we cant break them down at home. when we play on the road teams are more open in attack and we can get more chances because of this.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Bad ice. Yeah.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:58 PM
TomLaidlaw

Too many Limos?

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:00 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Bad ice. Yeah.
There's actually a lot of truth to that. It's really easy to play the Rangers at the Garden. Just send a bunch of no talent hacks into forecheck the heck out of the defense. The Rangers can't control the bouncing puck. The forechecking team doesn't exactly have to take the puck away; they just have to harrass the defense enough into having a puck bounce off a stick or a skate.

The Rangers are spending half the game trying to corral bouncing pucks in their own end. Then, when they get chances, the puck usually bounces or rolls when someone is moving into position for a shot. That split second allows a defenseman to get into position to deflect the shot or pass.

The goals they're giving up aren't usually spectactular end to end rushes with four tic-tac-toe passes. The goals usually occur from pucks bouncing off a stick or a skate onto someone's stickblade who passes to an open opponent (open because the Rangers are scrambling to clear a bouncing puck.)

The Rangers aren't being forechecked like this on the road.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:52 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Might be because they over priced the tickets and now most of the hardcore fans are watching on TV. Somehow a building full of suits isn't very intimidating. Some nights you can't even get a lets go Rangers chant going. The 400's can't carry the whole building. Its a complete and total disgrace...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:54 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Might be because they over priced the tickets and now most of the hardcore fans are watching on TV. Somehow a building full of suits isn't very intimidating. Some nights you can't even get a lets go Rangers chant going. The 400's can't carry the whole building. Its a complete and total disgrace...
Have to admit, hockey in HD on the big screen is quite awesome

01-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Shadowtron

I've been a fan for a shade under 20 years. During that short span, I can't really remember a time when some many individual players on the team have been so dispised by the fans. I remember booing Driver, Ulanov, Kamensky. But even during the Glory Years from 97-2004, I don't remember too many players being singled out (however, I'm unreliable because I have worked very hard to black out that period from my memory hehe). I mean, the opening night ceremony was completely changed to spare certain players from the Garden Boo Birds. Is it possible that they play a more passive game at home because so few in the crowd are behind them? You have to wonder how much of it gets in their heads.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Bad home team? They're a bad team in general.

And don't say "stop saying this after they get shutout twice", because I say it all the time.

The team has about 2 talented forwards, 2 talented defensemen and a talented goalie. The rest are spare parts.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:16 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Bad home team? They're a bad team in general.

And don't say "stop saying this after they get shutout twice", because I say it all the time.

The team has about 2 talented forwards, 2 talented defensemen and a talented goalie. The rest are spare parts.
I agree except on one point. Spare parts have a use, Brashear and Redden do not...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
I've been a fan for a shade under 20 years. During that short span, I can't really remember a time when some many individual players on the team have been so dispised by the fans. I remember booing Driver, Ulanov, Kamensky. But even during the Glory Years from 97-2004, I don't remember too many players being singled out (however, I'm unreliable because I have worked very hard to black out that period from my memory hehe). I mean, the opening night ceremony was completely changed to spare certain players from the Garden Boo Birds. Is it possible that they play a more passive game at home because so few in the crowd are behind them? You have to wonder how much of it gets in their heads.
The booing is out of hand and displaced. Theyre booing 3rd and 4th liners/2nd unit Dmen cause they're not playing up to top line standards. This is a poorly constructed team. His name is Sather, by his own standards he has failed after almost 10 years at the helm.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:33 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
The booing is out of hand and displaced. Theyre booing 3rd and 4th liners/2nd unit Dmen cause they're not playing up to top line standards. This is a poorly constructed team. His name is Sather, by his own standards he has failed after almost 10 years at the helm.
They're booing effort.

01-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
They're booing effort.
Yeah cause the millionaires don't care.

Old
01-15-2010, 08:42 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Yeah cause the millionaires don't care.
It's not a question of being millionaires or caring, they were outworked last night.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:49 AM
GAGLine

The Rangers played great against the debbies and played lousy against ottowa. Both on home ice. There are no excuses.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
It's not a question of being millionaires or caring, they were outworked last night.
Was it just Redden this time? Who will Torts bench to make an example of? Boyle and his 7 minutes of icetime?

Cally & Dubi played alot of minutes, hardly noticed them at all. Meanwhile Kotalik played 9 minutes last night in a scoreless game.

Old
01-15-2010, 08:52 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Was it just Redden this time? Who will Torts bench to make an example of? Boyle and his 7 minutes of icetime?

Cally & Dubi played alot of minutes, hardly noticed them at all. Meanwhile Kotalik played 9 minutes last night in a scoreless game.
I don't have the answers. The team is poorly constructed. That said, the effort simply wasn't there. They were outshot what, 10-2, in the first 8 minutes? They had a PP that played more in the defensive zone than the offensive one. They were flat-out outworked.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
I don't have the answers. The team is poorly constructed. That said, the effort simply wasn't there. They were outshot what, 10-2, in the first 8 minutes? They had a PP that played more in the defensive zone than the offensive one. They were flat-out outworked.
We can talk of this player, that player, but the team is poorly constructed, I think that is the answer when all is said and done.

Old
01-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

All one has to do to find the answer to this question is read the post game comments... How many times after losses do we have to hear about how "unprepared" or unwilling to battle in these games they r. It's pathetic and makes me question why I should care when they don't.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:27 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

They're 12-7-3 on the road & 10-11-4 at home. So they're a bit better away from MSG.
I don't know but I think this team is distracted at home. I think a number of players on the team are enjoying New York too much.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:44 AM
RangerFan1587

Forget just being weak at home! The Rangers are the weakest team in the NHL. I do not mean overall points or talent wise, I am talking about our toughness, or lack there of. I mean how do you come off a game like the one they had Tuesday night at the Garden vs the Devils and not show up against a team that had lost 5 straight and who are missing Spezza and Alfredsson, and have a rookie Goaltender in his second NHL game in net (must have been the Brodeur name, and his relation to fatso?)

For all of you who have the NHL Centre Ice package do yourself a favor and tune into a game like Vancouver/Calgary. It will truly make you realize how weak of a team we really are.

Callahan is the ONLY New York Ranger who throws his body around. Every single NHL team (besides the Rangers of course) has 4 or 5 players like Cally. Would you dare to crash the net in the 29 other cities around the league? No Way. Nobody playing the Rangers is afraid to crash the net because nobody is going to do anything about it, because our defense is the biggest group of you know whats... (meow meow).

Chris Neal takes a run at Marc Staal and again the 29 other teams would have a response for that, no excuse, but the Rangers let him off scott free. I don't care what the score of the game is, how much time is left, but you better damn well protect your teammate who just got sent through the boards into 7th Avenue Traffic... (and Marc why don't you get a little bit mad that you got run through the boards and maybe give someone a shove in front of the net, maybe that will be a start to protecting the only person who keeps you even in a game.)

We cannot rely on Marian Gaborik to score every goal for us, simple as that. I dont want to hear the sign Kovalchuck crap either, we have tried the signing every foreign star before, it doesnt win you hockey games, a tough gritty team does. He's going to the WWE, I mean KHL anyways since they offered him 20 mil a year...

Donald Brashear = useless. Matt Kaulkner destroyed you, btw best fighter in the league (broke Colton Orr's orbital bone couple months back)

I could go on and on, but this Ranger team is a disgrace to watch.

RangerFan1587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:51 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
How in the world you leaved out Tom Poti? Getting old, ha?

94now is offline   Reply With Quote