HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eberle starts with team next year?

Old
01-16-2010, 07:56 PM
bleuetbio

vCash: 500
Eberle starts with team next year?

I just want to know what's the chance for Eberle to make the team since game 1? I have always someone good each year in my fantasy pool who surprise everyone and make me happy (Anze Kopitar, Corey Perry, David Booth and James Neal). This year, Im hot about Eberle. I think he ca gets 50 pts next year. Of course, Jamie Benn is also on my target for next year but I pretty sure that Eberle will not be on the different fantaisy pool magazines. So, what do you think of that? Do you think is safe bet next year or I have a to wait a year?

bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:00 PM
DangerMan
@danlizee

I think Eberle starts with the team this year.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:03 PM
0ilerman
The King

he'll make the team next year, but 50pts might be a bit much. I can see him scoring 20 goals but highly doubt he racks up the assists solely based on the quality of his teammates

0ilerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:43 PM
battlegoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ilerman View Post
he'll make the team next year, but 50pts might be a bit much. I can see him scoring 20 goals but highly doubt he racks up the assists solely based on the quality of his teammates
With Penner Omark, MPS or Hall he'll be just fine IMO

battlegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:51 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
I think it's pretty much guaranteed he'll be here next year. Whether that's the right move or not has yet to be seen.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the

Yeah, Gagner needs a sniper on his line.

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Hunt4Oil

100% for sure I say!

Hunt4Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:56 PM
frag2

We can play our AHL or ECHL team next yaer...wont make a difference.

Same ****, different pile

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:38 PM
OilersTilTheDayIDie

50 points does seem steep, even V. Lacavalier and J. Thornton started by not living up to the hype. I want him to make the team, but likely the management will "over groom" him like Robbie Schremp

OilersTilTheDayIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 01:41 AM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

vCash: 50
He could get 50 points if he were on a good NHL team, but he's not going to get 50 points on the Oilers. Maybe in his 2nd season, though. Even if he does start with the team, he's dangerously small and there's really good odds he gets injured before long. I think he's one of those players whose game will shine in the juniors but will not translate to the NHL... he won't be able to do the things that he's known for here nearly as effectively.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Ragss

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilersTilTheDayIDie View Post
50 points does seem steep, even V. Lacavalier and J. Thornton started by not living up to the hype. I want him to make the team, but likely the management will "over groom" him like Robbie Schremp

I don't think there should be any sort of comparison to Schremp.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 01:50 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

If he proves he belongs yes. But he needs to tear up preseason. He can't just look good like this year and not produce.

The oilers need some proven veteran talent. Eberle is still young and his weak skating I think got exposed a bit against the americans at the world juniors. I would keep him in the minors for one more year.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 01:57 AM
OilersTilTheDayIDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
I don't think there should be any sort of comparison to Schremp.
I'm just saying that they never seem to think players are ready for the big show to the extent that they over groom them in the AHL

OilersTilTheDayIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 03:57 AM
McEwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
I think it's pretty much guaranteed he'll be here next year. Whether that's the right move or not has yet to be seen.
As much as this is probably true, I don't want him to be. I would want him to play one year in the AHL before coming to the NHL. He still needs to mature physically. He will just get killed in the big league.

McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 04:14 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

definitely he starts with the Oilers, he will be using years on his ELC might as well see what he can do in the NHL.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 05:16 AM
nullterm

Eberle is definitely a starter. The organization needs to start playing the rebuild card strong in Sept/Oct. If next season rolls around and it's the same mix of youth & veterans then Tambo is in for a world of hurt.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Mr V

I would rather see Eberle spend a year in the minors, but at least one of our prominent rookies will make the roster.(most likely Eberle) The Oilers hype machine will want to create excitement and sell tickets.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 11:39 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
I said towards the end of last year that he would be two years out. His play at training camp surprised me and I think that he will be on the team next season. MPS looks ready as well, but I dont know if he will come over just yet.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 01:02 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

I think we will go the slow rebuild route and play a lot of rookies next year in an attempt to get a potential elite number 1D in A. Larsson. MPS - Hall/Seguin - Eberle will be our 4th line next year and guys will get bumped up when injuries hit. We may as well get those guys used to playing together as. I think Lander comes over too, but starts in the A for 20ish games before injuries force his call-up.

Nilsson, O'Sullivan, Moreau, Pisani, Stone, Comrie don't return

Penner - Gagner - Hemsky
Cogliano - Horcoff - Brule
JFJ - UFA/Pouliot* - Potulny
MPS - Hall - Eberle
JFJ, Stortini

*This is if Pouliot has a JFJ like recovery after his surgery.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I think we will go the slow rebuild route and play a lot of rookies next year in an attempt to get a potential elite number 1D in A. Larsson. MPS - Hall/Seguin - Eberle will be our 4th line next year and guys will get bumped up when injuries hit. We may as well get those guys used to playing together as. I think Lander comes over too, but starts in the A for 20ish games before injuries force his call-up.

Penner - Gagner - Hemsky
MPS - Hall - Eberle
JFJ, Stortini

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Awful idea imo. These guys make the club as top 6 forwards(or top 9 depending on what direction the oilers are going in terms of what style they want to play) or they don't make the club at all if you ask me.

Old
01-17-2010, 01:19 PM
mactforcoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I said towards the end of last year that he would be two years out. His play at training camp surprised me and I think that he will be on the team next season. MPS looks ready as well, but I dont know if he will come over just yet.
I'd rather see all the rookies come up thru the AHL, and get a taste of the bigger players, and rougher games. If Eberle comes straight to the Oilers, imagine him flying across the blueline, to be met by Reiger or Phanuff, I doubt he's seen anything like that yet, and Reiger would have no quams with injuring him. After which, nobody from the Oilers would settle the score.

mactforcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 02:18 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Awful idea imo. These guys make the club as top 6 forwards(or top 9 depending on what direction the oilers are going in terms of what style they want to play) or they don't make the club at all if you ask me.
I hate this mentality. That unless a guy with talent gets top 6 minutes he should play elsewhere. Sometimes easing a guy into the NHL with some soft 4th line minutes is the best plan. It doesn't overwhelm them, but gives them an idea of what it takes to play in the NHL.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
I hate this mentality. That unless a guy with talent gets top 6 minutes he should play elsewhere. Sometimes easing a guy into the NHL with some soft 4th line minutes is the best plan. It doesn't overwhelm them, but gives them an idea of what it takes to play in the NHL.
Completely disagree, calling players of that calibre up to play 8 minutes a night is a complete waste and hurts more than it helps.

Old
01-17-2010, 03:44 PM
40oz

Quote:

Penner - Gagner - Hemsky
MPS - Hall - Eberle
JFJ, Stortini

That team is still incredibly soft. We still need someone in the top 6 with size and real grit. Also, I'm not a fan of having 3 kids with zero games under the belt on the same line. I'd rather split them up or have a vet on a line with 2 of them.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
I just want to know what's the chance for Eberle to make the team since game 1? I have always someone good each year in my fantasy pool who surprise everyone and make me happy (Anze Kopitar, Corey Perry, David Booth and James Neal). This year, Im hot about Eberle. I think he ca gets 50 pts next year. Of course, Jamie Benn is also on my target for next year but I pretty sure that Eberle will not be on the different fantaisy pool magazines. So, what do you think of that? Do you think is safe bet next year or I have a to wait a year?
100%

He was good enough this year but Quinn wanted to give him one more year of junior to dominate and build confidence.

Ogopogo* is offline   Reply With Quote