HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bad Loss Habs lose 4-2 against Senators

Old
01-16-2010, 09:40 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Whats not any of our business? O'Byrne's situation?
Yeah that is what they said, we should just not talk about it. I don't know why we were not supposed to ask why or where he was or when he was supposed to be back.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Craig71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
- Plante became a great goalie at 25.
- Worsley? With Montreal? His first great season with us happened when he was 36 years old....At 22 years old he was playing with the Saskatoon Quakers
- Vachon: AT 22 years old he had a fine season but played 39 games. But started to be more solid the year after and so on.
- Dryden: Started his great career at 24.
- Roy....Yeah, he's no Roy. Still Roy, after winning the Cup at 20, wasn't being the goaltender for 60+ games. He wasn't a clear cut #1 after that cup if you remember. Until he was much older.

So just those stats and even if you disregard the fact that most of those goalies had a much much much better teams to work with, disregaring that those goalies worked in a different era, I really have no idea how you can base yourself to say that he's not going to be franchise goalie.
Awesome post, sad to say most posters will ignore this and by tomorrow there will be 15-20 pages of PGT and half of them will be Price/Halak based, none of them will say
- We went 0-6 on the PP and was a direct reason we lost.

- We constantly get owned by teams that play a physical style that keeps us around the boards and make lots of useless shots from the perimeter.

- We only have one line generating any offence, GIO/POUL/GOMEZ, no one else is scoring right now.

- We have a tandem of D'agostini,Lapierre, Metropolit,Pacioretty,Spacek who are really struggling and not contributing much of anything tonight against Ottawa.

No sir most pages will not say this, they will just talk about Price vs Halak.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:42 PM
MicroFracture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
D'Agostini is not a NHL top2 liner.

Gorges should never see 1st pairing duties… though we need help here... Gainey?!? Gorges is a very good and cheap – cap friendly – 3rd pairing D but he looks, imo, totally out of place alongside Markov.

Halak > Price… I don’t “hate” Price… I just think Halak > Price. In the Red Wings Dressing room, apparently, the following is written in capital letter: “To be a Red Wings, you first need to be a man” (not the exact quote). Halak strikes me as a man. Not Price.

Playoffs still is a reasonable goal. Get well soon Kostitsyn' brothers.
Brb, going to the Habs locker room to investigate this private matter from closer

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
Is there a reason we don't finish our checks in the offensive zone? oh yeah we only got on guy chasing deep. Why don't we hit guys with some authority ?
And send in two forcheckers. Almost every team in the league sends in two forcheckers against us and we have trouble getting the puck out of our own end almost all night because of it.

Tonight was another great example. The Habs looked like AHLers half the game because they could not get the puck out of there own end, and when they did they often just dumped out and turned it over to the Sens.

How much trouble did the Sens have getting the puck out of their own end tonight. Not much. Sad. Truely sad.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Umm, I generally agree with all your points but just want to mention that the Sens did one thing well today and that was to plug up the area in front of the net with everyone blocking the puck from getting to Brodeur, not that I'm saying Brodeur didn't play well because he did but they probably saved Brodeur a couple of times. Besides, the deflected goal off pleky was when pleky streaked by somewhat away from the net.
Habs just seem to give up a lot of goals from point shots...where Price is either screened, or it gets deflected, or whatever.

I agree Sens did a good job of clogging the front of the net, but my point is, Montreal doesn't do a good job. Most of the forward don't block shots, or seem to be too far out of position to hurry a shot or force a shot into the corner.

They just don't seem to play a system that plays to their strengths....guess I'm laying some blame on the coaching.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:44 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Momentum? Re-watch the game. We were losing all the battles from the very beginning. We just had better scoring chances. The atrocious passing began from the start and continued all the way to the end.
Read the post, I was responding to another poster not commenting on the game in general.

Old
01-16-2010, 09:47 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
And send in two forcheckers. Almost every team in the league sends in two forcheckers against us and we have trouble getting the puck out of our own end almost all night because of it.

Tonight was another great example. The Habs looked like AHLers half the game because they could not get the puck out of there own end, and when they did they often just dumped out and turned it over to the Sens.

How much trouble did the Sens have getting the puck out of their own end tonight. Not much. Sad. Truely sad.
Agreed, it is a systemic issue. what system are we playing now?

Second half of the season in a very important game and we don't force the issue with our speed, I don't get it.

Old
01-16-2010, 09:47 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post
the turnover was at center ice...I think Price had time to adjust...the great shootout goalie himself.... and franchise goalies should be able to catch a puck
Oh when did goalies start having catching gloves on their blocker, i must have missed something?

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:50 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Oh when did goalies start having catching gloves on their blocker, i must have missed something?

You know some people won't be happy unless we shut out every team every night. Try saving every breakaway every time.

Old
01-16-2010, 09:54 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Yeah that is what they said, we should just not talk about it. I don't know why we were not supposed to ask why or where he was or when he was supposed to be back.
This is the first I've heard of it...

Who are "they"? Mods?

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:55 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Here is the top 15 posters from tonight's GDT.

habfan1968 58
King Woodballs 44
Recchi29 41
Nashy 41
Theosis 37
Redux91 35
CrimsonSkorpion 28
Habs10Habs 26
beowulf 26
BobbyG 25
Watsatheo 24
FF de Mars 19
rgolt 18
emb24 16
twenty7 15

Congrats to habfan1968!
Thank you for the win. Too bad it was a loss.

Old
01-16-2010, 09:55 PM
The Rocket

Quote:
it was a general comment seperated by the word and....he also should leave the puck alone....he has played iy in the no-zone 3* this year....is he that numb????

The Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:56 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysInTheAttic View Post
Carey Price is not a franchise goalie. Not going to happen. Great goalies make great saves. He blows easy saves like the first goal. If he has any kind of value, and I find that very hard to believe, he should be traded before Halak. For the record, I now give up on this guy completely. Epic fail.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCe85jLBfXk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-54VTBR38k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wetkgb54G7Y

I mean franchise goalies never have a bad game or let in bad goals

Old
01-16-2010, 09:57 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
This is the first I've heard of it...

Who are "they"? Mods?
no not the Mods at all but mostly Posters. I thought that after two games it would be ok to ask when he is coming back but some posters were just upset about it. I can't remember which thread it was but it is over now as OB is back with the team.

Old
01-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Martin blamed the PP for the loss tonight.

Old
01-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Martin blamed the PP for the loss tonight.
Actually, the whole D was to blame.....I would fire the coach responsible for the D.....and I would get rid of Spacek.....now...

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:01 PM
habfan1968

Quote:

wow Marty B giving up the game there, I was sure that never happened. Fans, gotta give both our goalies some wiggle room. Our defense is a bigger issue and our coaching is an even bigger issue that that.

Old
01-16-2010, 10:02 PM
scottyG

Lol guys i just saw the 3 goals on Canadien express since i missed the game.

1st goal : Perfect shot
2nd goal: Five hole while Price was making his movement, not a good goal but not a bad one either
3rd goal: Deflection
4th goal: Horrible positioning by Price :sacrasm:

The guy's saying Price let in 3 weak goals are all full of **** because, Maybe one was weak.

Old
01-16-2010, 10:05 PM
ROEN
@OrenWeizman

Some guy in the crowd tonight started chanting JARO ... right behind Price's net

My heart sank ...
Posted via Mobile Device

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
no not the Mods at all but mostly Posters. I thought that after two games it would be ok to ask when he is coming back but some posters were just upset about it. I can't remember which thread it was but it is over now as OB is back with the team.
Personally I thought it was a fair question. I don't see a problem with asking when a Habs player will be coming back. Some of the replies in that thread were just down right ignorant.

If a player is hurt, we ask when they are coming back. If a player is away from the team for personal reasons. What's the big deal asking when he's going to return?

As for your question. ESPN had O'byrne listed as a healthy scratch for tonight's game.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:06 PM
TinordiandSubban

All those Leafs fans tuning in on a Saturday cost us the game. No other reason why we would play that poorly all of a sudden.
This is not the same team I watch on the small screen the rest of the year when the rotting yard waste is on HNIC.

and oh yeah Price was rushed, send down Patches and Dags, trade Spacek and fire everybody.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
wow Marty B giving up the game there, I was sure that never happened. Fans, gotta give both our goalies some wiggle room. Our defense is a bigger issue and our coaching is an even bigger issue that that.
You forgot anemic offense.

Old
01-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Lol guys i just saw the 3 goals Canadien express since i missed the game.

1st goal : Perfect shot
2nd goal: Five hole while Price was making his movement, not a good goal but not a bad one either
3rd goal: Deflection
4th goal: Horrible positioning by Price :sacrasm:

The guy's saying Price let in 3 weak goals are all full of **** because Maybe one was weak.
The new thing is to hate Price and questionning every goals he lets in. Even deflection off his own teammates is his fault now.

But if the Habs wins 5-2. Nobody will talk about it.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROEN View Post
Some guy in the crowd tonight started chanting JARO ... right behind Price's net

My heart sank ...
Posted via Mobile Device
I would have asked him if he knew the story of a guy named Patrick Roy. Or if he heard about the Flames trading up to pick Kidd and passing on Brodeur.

**** like that is why the Bell centre can be the best and worse place to watch a game.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
You forgot anemic offense.
You must have mist the game...the offense was not anemic at all....try to watch a game before posting about it.....The issue is the D.....not the O or the G.....

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote