HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

GDT: #47: Flyers @ Capitals - January 17, 2010 - 3:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2010, 10:47 PM
  #576
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Something like that. It's a shame Simon Gagne died.
Eh, all player's get old and nagging injuries start piling up. It's a shame that they happened when he was in his late-20s and he was a bit of a late bloomer to begin with. A bad combination. But maybe over the offseason he gets stronger and comes back as good as ever.

But I think, given a healthy season, he's a 30 goal type of guy here on out.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 11:03 PM
  #577
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Can you imagine the kind of assist totals he'd put up with a guy like Kovalchuk on his wing, or even Simon Gagne circa 2005-2006, for that matter?
JvR-Giroux-Kovalchuk
Carter-Richards-Hartnell


Those lines do not seem to fit together at all, but screw that, we would look awesome on paper


mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 01:08 AM
  #578
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,743
vCash: 156
i just wanted to stop by to say GOD DAMNIT

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 01:15 AM
  #579
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
i just wanted to stop by to say GOD DAMNIT
I just wanted to say that your avatar is highly disturbing.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 01:18 AM
  #580
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
I just wanted to say that your avatar is highly disturbing.
I don't see why... it looks kosher.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 05:04 AM
  #581
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,743
vCash: 156
i kind of wish i knew what animal it is

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 07:10 AM
  #582
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
i kind of wish i knew what animal it is
Tie Domi; a few weeks without shaving

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 07:33 AM
  #583
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 39,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Eh...you never want to play a team with a PP that is as good as ours, I don't care who you are. This team is the same as we've been the last couple years as of now...we can beat anyone and lose to anyone.
Didnt Washington get 1 power play in that entire game?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:28 AM
  #584
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Tie Domi; a few weeks without shaving
- I was just thinking it might be a photoshop of a bird's body to be made to look like a buffalo. But, I think I'm wrong.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:45 AM
  #585
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Is OKT just out there to see how many times one man can get leveled?

He might be worse then Vandameer, Jaroslave Modry and Randy Jones combined.
You obviously aint got the brains to understand what went on. Well let me explain..

The Caps went after him all night because they know he got a short fuse, hoping he would retaliate and receive a penalty. But Laviolette handcuffed him, no fighting...we want to stay disciplined.

And I can't believe he took all those hits and didn't explode, he definitely respects the boss. But I don't like it, he can't play his physical game. Hopefully those cuffs are removed in the next game.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:48 AM
  #586
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
i kind of wish i knew what animal it is
Valhoun.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:01 AM
  #587
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
The Caps went after him all night because they know he got a short fuse, hoping he would retaliate and receive a penalty. But Laviolette handcuffed him, no fighting...we want to stay disciplined.
I think Caps went after him because he is not in game shape and was too ****ing slow along the boards asking to get hit. It was a physical game and TKO paid the price. It's not like Caps were on the mission to get TKO.

What do you mean Laviolette handcuffed TKO with "no fighting"? Laviolette handcuffed the whole team with “no bad penalties” rule. You can fight, just do not take dumb ass penalties (TKO is known for).

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:18 AM
  #588
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
You obviously aint got the brains to understand what went on. Well let me explain..

The Caps went after him all night because they know he got a short fuse, hoping he would retaliate and receive a penalty. But Laviolette handcuffed him, no fighting...we want to stay disciplined.

And I can't believe he took all those hits and didn't explode, he definitely respects the boss. But I don't like it, he can't play his physical game. Hopefully those cuffs are removed in the next game.
...or he just didn't get himself into solid positions to not get knocked on his ass repetitively. Pretty sure Lavy didn't tell him to go out there and get punished for ****s and giggles.

But it's cool, OKT is awesome and it's everyone else's fault...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:24 AM
  #589
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
It's not like Caps were on the mission to get TKO.
Really? Yes they were, he was a target during the entire game by their fighters. Rosehill and Orr did the same thing in Toronto. This crap will not stop if he's not allowed to defend himself. And avoiding hits isnt that easy when you have to protect the puck.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:28 AM
  #590
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
...or he just didn't get himself into solid positions to not get knocked on his ass repetitively. Pretty sure Lavy didn't tell him to go out there and get punished for ****s and giggles.
Funny how the coaching change has flipped your opinion on its lid.

For the last two years you prattled on about how it is the coach's job to put players into a position where they can be successful.

Remember? When players or team underperformed it was always "well the coach needs to tailor his SYSTEM and adjustments to make the players successful".

Times have changed, eh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
But it's cool, OKT is awesome and it's everyone else's fault...
Welcome to the party, pal.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:29 AM
  #591
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Really? Yes they were, he was a target during the entire game by their fighters. Rosehill and Orr did the same thing in Toronto. This crap will not stop if he's not allowed to defend himself. And avoiding hits isnt that easy when you have to protect the puck.
There's a gradation from "avoiding hits," "protecting yourself," and "getting yourself plastered." OKT was enjoying life in the latter, rather than the former two. One of the hits was ridiculously late, and should have been a penalty...others OKT was standing too upright when contact was coming, and/or not getting himself up against the boards.

Moreover, I very much doubt Lavy won't let him "defend" himself...and that isn't even an issue here. It isn't like folks are running him, he's just getting knocked on his ass.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:30 AM
  #592
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Really? Yes they were, he was a target during the entire game by their fighters. Rosehill and Orr did the same thing in Toronto. This crap will not stop if he's not allowed to defend himself. And avoiding hits isnt that easy when you have to protect the puck.
Like I said.. He is out there 6'2 220lbs target that says hit me because I am too slow and I can not get rid of the puck fast enough and he also loves to admire his pass.

He is not allowed to take penalties, he is allowed to fight.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:35 AM
  #593
Unstable
Registered User
 
Unstable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Exiled in NoVA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Didnt Washington get 1 power play in that entire game?
And scored within seconds.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:40 AM
  #594
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Like I said.. He is out there 6'2 220lbs target that says hit me because I am too slow and I can not get rid of the puck fast enough and he also loves to admire his pass.

He is not allowed to take penalties, he is allowed to fight.
Well let's see what happens in the next game. If it continues I hope he snaps, takes a penalty or two and puts an end to it.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:46 AM
  #595
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Well let's see what happens in the next game. If it continues I hope he snaps, takes a penalty or two and puts an end to it.
Why would that put an end to it?

If I was the other team that would make me want to piss him off more...

Since your his friend, send him an email telling him to get his ass up against the boards a bit quicker and get a lower center of gravity a bit more often...that'll put a stop to it w/out taking a penalty.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:48 AM
  #596
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Well let's see what happens in the next game. If it continues I hope he snaps, takes a penalty or two and puts an end to it.
I just hope he plays better and moves hit ass. He looks like **** out there.

Just calling it like I see it.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:52 AM
  #597
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I just hope he plays better and moves hit ass. He looks like **** out there.
I heard the coach was pleased with his performance last night, it's just a matter of time before he sends Coburn back to Bartulis.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:56 AM
  #598
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 13,948
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Why would that put an end to it?
It'll put an end to it because Laviolette will send him back to the press box.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:57 AM
  #599
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I heard the coach was pleased with his performance last night
Hopefully you heard wrong, because he was ****ing horrible. Can we get a callup already to get this guy off the team?

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 12:01 PM
  #600
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
Hopefully you heard wrong, because he was ****ing horrible. Can we get a callup already to get this guy off the team?
Eh, in fairness, Carle and Coburn were far more aggravating yesterday. Coburn flubbed every good chance on his stick, and Carle kept making really dangerous passes from good shooting locations.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.