HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors III

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2010, 12:50 AM
devilinto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I'm guessing you didn't watch the first 30 games.
No you are wrong. I watch evey game.

I guess you expect 50 goals for him.

He is playing hard every game. Without a doubt the on ice leader

Old
01-26-2010, 01:03 AM
ru4reals

Don't get me wrong I love our players. Brown, Simmonds, Johnson, Mollar, Hickey, Bernier etc, etc......But if we can get a talent like Kovalchuk(especially if he signs a nice deal) and not overpay for him, I'll volunteer to drive all players traded to the airport. Everyone is expendable. Well except for Hockey GOD himself Drew Doughty.

Old
01-26-2010, 02:18 AM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Kings have enough grit on the blueline and have players who can take a hit and dish it out as well. Have you forgotten that Doughty has stepped it up this season physically? As has Johnson. They don't have to knock a player out with every hit. Greene, Scuderi, OD can all clean up the front of the net. Souray has a cap hit of over $5M for the next two years. That is not a realistic option.

As for Leopold, he can skate, he can pass and he is exceptional in his own end and has some playoff experience going into the Finals in 2004 with the Flames. The Kings need one more addition to the top 3 who can quickly get the puck out of the zone. I think they have the bodies on defense who can handle bigger forwards. The Kings have the second best shots against per game (only behind Chicago) and are in the middle of the pack (14th) in GA.
Yeah but Ziggy, OD is not going to be around for much longer and Teubert is a ways away...If we add a Leopold we better re-sign O'Donnell or sign a Willie Mitchell/Exelby/Morris in the off season...Then you have a good balance of Leopold, Doughty, Johnson and Mitchell, Greene and Scuderi....I don't know where Drewiske fits in...

Old
01-26-2010, 02:24 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Don't get me wrong I love our players. Brown, Simmonds, Johnson, Mollar, Hickey, Bernier etc, etc......But if we can get a talent like Kovalchuk(especially if he signs a nice deal) and not overpay for him, I'll volunteer to drive all players traded to the airport. Everyone is expendable. Well except for Hockey GOD himself Drew Doughty.
dont you live in, like, Kamloops or Regina?

Old
01-26-2010, 03:00 AM
nikolai19

Quote:
Souray to LA is not going to happen. He's got a cap hit of $5.4M for the next two seasons, he's 33 now and isn't getting any better. Those extra millions will come in handy in re-signing Doughty and Simmonds.

Set your sites on a more temporary filler like say, Joe Corvo, who will be unrestricted this summer and will be returning soon from a leg laceration. He's an old face we are all familiar with and can QB a powerplay.

Someone else brought up Jordan Leopold, he'd be a realistic and fair option who could be a good fit on the blueline for the stretch run. Another option would be Pavel Kubina. If Minnesota is out of playoff contention, I think Marek Zidlicky could be another option. All players who will be UFAs this summer who can get a trial run with the Kings. If they fit in, perhaps Lombardi would consider them for an extension.
I brought up Leopold and I think he's exactly what Lombardi would want especially if Johnson is dealt to get a quality forward. Leopold is VERY solid. He's basically Paul Martin lite, which most GM's would take seven days out of the week.

I would be okay with Kubina simply because he's been on bad teams and still done well.

I don't want any part of Zidlicky.

Old
01-26-2010, 03:19 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
I brought up Leopold and I think he's exactly what Lombardi would want especially if Johnson is dealt to get a quality forward. Leopold is VERY solid. He's basically Paul Martin lite, which most GM's would take seven days out of the week.

I would be okay with Kubina simply because he's been on bad teams and still done well.

I don't want any part of Zidlicky.
I'd be ok with Kubina or Leopold but Dan Hamhuis would be real nice.

Old
01-26-2010, 04:01 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
dont you live in, like, Kamloops or Regina?
If Kovalchuk is coming our way, I'm driving.

Old
01-26-2010, 01:23 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
If Kovalchuk is coming our way, I'm driving.
Thats a long drive (or ride on a horse) Better start now just in case.

Old
01-26-2010, 03:22 PM
SpooKy

Send a message via ICQ to SpooKy
I don't know if this has been set in stone or not but does anyone really know what Waddell is asking for? Is this a UFA dump? Does he want draft picks and prospects or roster players plus prospects? There's so many different kind of packages that Atlanta might ask for and I think this is exactly where the Kings fit in as a trade partner. LA has both young roster players and prospects to offer. But again, what is Atlanta really asking for? I think that's the biggest question to ask. Will DL send off a large package on a UFA rental without working out an extension prior to the trade?

Old
01-26-2010, 03:30 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooKy View Post
I don't know if this has been set in stone or not but does anyone really know what Waddell is asking for? Is this a UFA dump? Does he want draft picks and prospects or roster players plus prospects? There's so many different kind of packages that Atlanta might ask for and I think this is exactly where the Kings fit in as a trade partner. LA has both young roster players and prospects to offer. But again, what is Atlanta really asking for? I think that's the biggest question to ask. Will DL send off a large package on a UFA rental without working out an extension prior to the trade?
The rumor is he wants players that can be inserted into his roster since they're not out of the playoffs. I've heard several different combos of things, but the latest is

2 roster players and a pick/prospect

Old
01-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

From the LA Times:
Quote:
The Kings’ scouts have been meeting with Lombardi since the team arrived, and many of them will be at the game later today. Most NHL teams have been holding scouting or organizational meetings the last week or so. The Olympic break is coming up and so is the March 3 trade deadline, and most clubs want to get a sense of where they stand before they buy or sell before the deadline.
Could they be looking at one of Ponikarovsky or Hagman? Hmmm...

Old
01-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Johnny Utah

Hagman has a few years left at 3 million per.

Old
01-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

He might be worth the $3M. He's going to maintain a streak of three consecutive seasons scoring 20+ goals. He could fill a role in the top six and has a decent set of hands.

Old
01-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Ollie Weeks

I'd be very all right with Hagman.

Old
01-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Kings could use this skill set in their lineup:

He isn't afraid of driving to the net and he isn't afraid of shooting the puck. He's also a left-handed winger which the Kings severely lack (only left handed wingers on the team are Smyth and Ivanans).

Old
01-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
The Kings could use this skill set in their lineup:

He isn't afraid of driving to the net and he isn't afraid of shooting the puck. He's also a left-handed winger which the Kings severely lack (only left handed wingers on the team are Smyth and Ivanans).
Sounds like a good fit as long as Burke realizes that He is not getting Schenn

Old
01-26-2010, 04:51 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

ALways liked Hagman since his days on the Stars. He would be a good PLAN B.

Old
01-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
The rumor is he wants players that can be inserted into his roster since they're not out of the playoffs. I've heard several different combos of things, but the latest is

2 roster players and a pick/prospect
From what I heard on HNIC Radio, approx 20 mins ago, the apparent asking price is 1st rounder, top prospect & young NHL player like Simmonds. They also said Waddell is not giving GM's permission to talk to IK's agent as of now, but may change as the deadline gets closer.

Old
01-26-2010, 04:56 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
From what I heard on HNIC Radio, approx 20 mins ago, the apparent asking price is 1st rounder, top prospect & young NHL player like Simmonds. They also said Waddell is not giving GM's permission to talk to IK's agent as of now, but may change as the deadline gets closer.
Thanks for the update! It seems like his "asking" price has been changing daily! I'd much rather give a 1st, prospect and 1 young player than two (though I don't want to give Simmonds!)

Old
01-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
If IK will sign for 3 or 4 years, do it Deano!

That's a no brainer.

Old
01-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I would do 1st, Hickey, and Moller... I really really wince at losing Simmonds. I would do everything possible to avoid it. I wish you could just do some espionage and see who Kovy is interested in come July 1st But... Alas, we are left to our ethics. I would trade Simmonds if it meant a guarantee to get Kopitar in a Kings jersey. I have a feeling if we offered him the $8.5 million @ 10 years extension, he would most likely sign it... Boy that is a bitter pill... Hopefully he scores 1000 goals in the next 10 games to turn my frown upside down

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
01-26-2010, 05:31 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I would do 1st, Hickey, and Moller... I really really wince at losing Simmonds. I would do everything possible to avoid it. I wish you could just do some espionage and see who Kovy is interested in come July 1st But... Alas, we are left to our ethics. I would trade Simmonds if it meant a guarantee to get Kopitar in a Kings jersey. I have a feeling if we offered him the $8.5 million @ 10 years extension, he would most likely sign it... Boy that is a bitter pill... Hopefully he scores 1000 goals in the next 10 games to turn my frown upside down
Last time I checked, he was! (sorry I couldn't resist)

Anyway, I totally agree. I LOVE Moller, but at this point, 1st, Hickey and Moller for Kovy I could handle. It helps that it's an Eastern team so we wouldn't have to wince every time we play those guys and they play amazing.

Old
01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

I wonder what it would take to get Souray out of Edmonton.....surely LA has to be on his list of teams he would accept a trade to.

Old
01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
SFKingshomer

Does a team sitting 9th overall in GF despite a stretch of injuries really need a forward? Our biggest hole is on D and we need a #2 or #3 defenseman if we want to go anywhere.

Old
01-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Last time I checked, he was! (sorry I couldn't resist)

Anyway, I totally agree. I LOVE Moller, but at this point, 1st, Hickey and Moller for Kovy I could handle. It helps that it's an Eastern team so we wouldn't have to wince every time we play those guys and they play amazing.
LoL, you caught me. I am in the middle of a climatology class and am doing my best to ignore the professor and hang out on here If they are going to make me be late to watch my Kings game, I will get started early

Closed Thread