HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2010, 12:50 AM
  #276
devilinto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I'm guessing you didn't watch the first 30 games.
No you are wrong. I watch evey game.

I guess you expect 50 goals for him.

He is playing hard every game. Without a doubt the on ice leader

devilinto is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 01:03 AM
  #277
ru4reals
Registered User
 
ru4reals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,531
vCash: 500
Don't get me wrong I love our players. Brown, Simmonds, Johnson, Mollar, Hickey, Bernier etc, etc......But if we can get a talent like Kovalchuk(especially if he signs a nice deal) and not overpay for him, I'll volunteer to drive all players traded to the airport. Everyone is expendable. Well except for Hockey GOD himself Drew Doughty.

ru4reals is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 02:18 AM
  #278
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Kings have enough grit on the blueline and have players who can take a hit and dish it out as well. Have you forgotten that Doughty has stepped it up this season physically? As has Johnson. They don't have to knock a player out with every hit. Greene, Scuderi, OD can all clean up the front of the net. Souray has a cap hit of over $5M for the next two years. That is not a realistic option.

As for Leopold, he can skate, he can pass and he is exceptional in his own end and has some playoff experience going into the Finals in 2004 with the Flames. The Kings need one more addition to the top 3 who can quickly get the puck out of the zone. I think they have the bodies on defense who can handle bigger forwards. The Kings have the second best shots against per game (only behind Chicago) and are in the middle of the pack (14th) in GA.
Yeah but Ziggy, OD is not going to be around for much longer and Teubert is a ways away...If we add a Leopold we better re-sign O'Donnell or sign a Willie Mitchell/Exelby/Morris in the off season...Then you have a good balance of Leopold, Doughty, Johnson and Mitchell, Greene and Scuderi....I don't know where Drewiske fits in...

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 02:24 AM
  #279
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Don't get me wrong I love our players. Brown, Simmonds, Johnson, Mollar, Hickey, Bernier etc, etc......But if we can get a talent like Kovalchuk(especially if he signs a nice deal) and not overpay for him, I'll volunteer to drive all players traded to the airport. Everyone is expendable. Well except for Hockey GOD himself Drew Doughty.
dont you live in, like, Kamloops or Regina?

DIEHARD the King fan is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 03:00 AM
  #280
nikolai19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Corona, CA
Country: Belarus
Posts: 2,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Souray to LA is not going to happen. He's got a cap hit of $5.4M for the next two seasons, he's 33 now and isn't getting any better. Those extra millions will come in handy in re-signing Doughty and Simmonds.

Set your sites on a more temporary filler like say, Joe Corvo, who will be unrestricted this summer and will be returning soon from a leg laceration. He's an old face we are all familiar with and can QB a powerplay.

Someone else brought up Jordan Leopold, he'd be a realistic and fair option who could be a good fit on the blueline for the stretch run. Another option would be Pavel Kubina. If Minnesota is out of playoff contention, I think Marek Zidlicky could be another option. All players who will be UFAs this summer who can get a trial run with the Kings. If they fit in, perhaps Lombardi would consider them for an extension.
I brought up Leopold and I think he's exactly what Lombardi would want especially if Johnson is dealt to get a quality forward. Leopold is VERY solid. He's basically Paul Martin lite, which most GM's would take seven days out of the week.

I would be okay with Kubina simply because he's been on bad teams and still done well.

I don't want any part of Zidlicky.

nikolai19 is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 03:19 AM
  #281
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
I brought up Leopold and I think he's exactly what Lombardi would want especially if Johnson is dealt to get a quality forward. Leopold is VERY solid. He's basically Paul Martin lite, which most GM's would take seven days out of the week.

I would be okay with Kubina simply because he's been on bad teams and still done well.

I don't want any part of Zidlicky.
I'd be ok with Kubina or Leopold but Dan Hamhuis would be real nice.

SFKingshomer is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 04:01 AM
  #282
ru4reals
Registered User
 
ru4reals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
dont you live in, like, Kamloops or Regina?
If Kovalchuk is coming our way, I'm driving.

ru4reals is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 01:23 PM
  #283
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
If Kovalchuk is coming our way, I'm driving.
Thats a long drive (or ride on a horse) Better start now just in case.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 03:22 PM
  #284
SpooKy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Gardena, California
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to SpooKy
I don't know if this has been set in stone or not but does anyone really know what Waddell is asking for? Is this a UFA dump? Does he want draft picks and prospects or roster players plus prospects? There's so many different kind of packages that Atlanta might ask for and I think this is exactly where the Kings fit in as a trade partner. LA has both young roster players and prospects to offer. But again, what is Atlanta really asking for? I think that's the biggest question to ask. Will DL send off a large package on a UFA rental without working out an extension prior to the trade?

SpooKy is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 03:30 PM
  #285
JBernierFan
Drink up!
 
JBernierFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooKy View Post
I don't know if this has been set in stone or not but does anyone really know what Waddell is asking for? Is this a UFA dump? Does he want draft picks and prospects or roster players plus prospects? There's so many different kind of packages that Atlanta might ask for and I think this is exactly where the Kings fit in as a trade partner. LA has both young roster players and prospects to offer. But again, what is Atlanta really asking for? I think that's the biggest question to ask. Will DL send off a large package on a UFA rental without working out an extension prior to the trade?
The rumor is he wants players that can be inserted into his roster since they're not out of the playoffs. I've heard several different combos of things, but the latest is

2 roster players and a pick/prospect

JBernierFan is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 03:39 PM
  #286
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 33,397
vCash: 500
From the LA Times:
Quote:
The Kings’ scouts have been meeting with Lombardi since the team arrived, and many of them will be at the game later today. Most NHL teams have been holding scouting or organizational meetings the last week or so. The Olympic break is coming up and so is the March 3 trade deadline, and most clubs want to get a sense of where they stand before they buy or sell before the deadline.
Could they be looking at one of Ponikarovsky or Hagman? Hmmm...

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
01-26-2010, 03:45 PM
  #287
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Hagman has a few years left at 3 million per.

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 03:49 PM
  #288
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 33,397
vCash: 500
He might be worth the $3M. He's going to maintain a streak of three consecutive seasons scoring 20+ goals. He could fill a role in the top six and has a decent set of hands.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
01-26-2010, 03:59 PM
  #289
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,605
vCash: 500
I'd be very all right with Hagman.

Ollie Weeks is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 04:41 PM
  #290
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 33,397
vCash: 500
The Kings could use this skill set in their lineup:







He isn't afraid of driving to the net and he isn't afraid of shooting the puck. He's also a left-handed winger which the Kings severely lack (only left handed wingers on the team are Smyth and Ivanans).

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
01-26-2010, 04:50 PM
  #291
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault
 
Bad Will Hunting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southie
Posts: 24,477
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Kings could use this skill set in their lineup:

He isn't afraid of driving to the net and he isn't afraid of shooting the puck. He's also a left-handed winger which the Kings severely lack (only left handed wingers on the team are Smyth and Ivanans).
Sounds like a good fit as long as Burke realizes that He is not getting Schenn

Bad Will Hunting is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 04:51 PM
  #292
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
ALways liked Hagman since his days on the Stars. He would be a good PLAN B.

JDM is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 04:51 PM
  #293
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet
 
Dave in LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
The rumor is he wants players that can be inserted into his roster since they're not out of the playoffs. I've heard several different combos of things, but the latest is

2 roster players and a pick/prospect
From what I heard on HNIC Radio, approx 20 mins ago, the apparent asking price is 1st rounder, top prospect & young NHL player like Simmonds. They also said Waddell is not giving GM's permission to talk to IK's agent as of now, but may change as the deadline gets closer.

Dave in LA is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 04:56 PM
  #294
JBernierFan
Drink up!
 
JBernierFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
From what I heard on HNIC Radio, approx 20 mins ago, the apparent asking price is 1st rounder, top prospect & young NHL player like Simmonds. They also said Waddell is not giving GM's permission to talk to IK's agent as of now, but may change as the deadline gets closer.
Thanks for the update! It seems like his "asking" price has been changing daily! I'd much rather give a 1st, prospect and 1 young player than two (though I don't want to give Simmonds!)

JBernierFan is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 05:09 PM
  #295
Butch 19
King me
 
Butch 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Geographical Oddity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
From what I heard on HNIC Radio, approx 20 mins ago, the apparent asking price is 1st rounder, top prospect & young NHL player like Simmonds. They also said Waddell is not giving GM's permission to talk to IK's agent as of now, but may change as the deadline gets closer.
If IK will sign for 3 or 4 years, do it Deano!

That's a no brainer.

Butch 19 is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 05:28 PM
  #296
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,870
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I would do 1st, Hickey, and Moller... I really really wince at losing Simmonds. I would do everything possible to avoid it. I wish you could just do some espionage and see who Kovy is interested in come July 1st But... Alas, we are left to our ethics. I would trade Simmonds if it meant a guarantee to get Kopitar in a Kings jersey. I have a feeling if we offered him the $8.5 million @ 10 years extension, he would most likely sign it... Boy that is a bitter pill... Hopefully he scores 1000 goals in the next 10 games to turn my frown upside down

__________________

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 05:31 PM
  #297
JBernierFan
Drink up!
 
JBernierFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I would do 1st, Hickey, and Moller... I really really wince at losing Simmonds. I would do everything possible to avoid it. I wish you could just do some espionage and see who Kovy is interested in come July 1st But... Alas, we are left to our ethics. I would trade Simmonds if it meant a guarantee to get Kopitar in a Kings jersey. I have a feeling if we offered him the $8.5 million @ 10 years extension, he would most likely sign it... Boy that is a bitter pill... Hopefully he scores 1000 goals in the next 10 games to turn my frown upside down
Last time I checked, he was! (sorry I couldn't resist)

Anyway, I totally agree. I LOVE Moller, but at this point, 1st, Hickey and Moller for Kovy I could handle. It helps that it's an Eastern team so we wouldn't have to wince every time we play those guys and they play amazing.

JBernierFan is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
  #298
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.
 
Beauty, eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
I wonder what it would take to get Souray out of Edmonton.....surely LA has to be on his list of teams he would accept a trade to.

Beauty, eh? is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
  #299
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,346
vCash: 500
Does a team sitting 9th overall in GF despite a stretch of injuries really need a forward? Our biggest hole is on D and we need a #2 or #3 defenseman if we want to go anywhere.

SFKingshomer is offline  
Old
01-26-2010, 05:39 PM
  #300
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,870
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Last time I checked, he was! (sorry I couldn't resist)

Anyway, I totally agree. I LOVE Moller, but at this point, 1st, Hickey and Moller for Kovy I could handle. It helps that it's an Eastern team so we wouldn't have to wince every time we play those guys and they play amazing.
LoL, you caught me. I am in the middle of a climatology class and am doing my best to ignore the professor and hang out on here If they are going to make me be late to watch my Kings game, I will get started early

Telos is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.