HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Spezza and Michalek back in a week

Old
01-18-2010, 07:29 PM
HSF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
I can't wait for Spezza to return, and I'm a little surprised some people aren't too excited about his return. It sucks that he was hurt, but this 2 month break could be exactly what he needed. He was clearly playing hurt before and he got time to rest that as well. I'm fully anticipating him coming back and playing great.
x2!!!!!!!!!!!

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Vicarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
x2!!!!!!!!!!!
x3.

Spezza returning can only equate to more offence. Can't wait for him to be back!

Vicarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 07:37 PM
TheBandWagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
x3.

Spezza returning can only equate to more offence. Can't wait for him to be back!
and turnovers!! cant wait

TheBandWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
I can't wait for Spezza to return, and I'm a little surprised some people aren't too excited about his return. It sucks that he was hurt, but this 2 month break could be exactly what he needed. He was clearly playing hurt before and he got time to rest that as well. I'm fully anticipating him coming back and playing great.
Me too, I think alfie coming back has taken a bit of the spotlight off of spez. I think he could have as big of an impact when he comes back as alfie is having right now.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 06:32 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 View Post
When Spez and MM return I would like to see this:

Foligno - Fisher - Alfredsson
Shannon - Regin - Kovalev
Michalek - Spezza - Cheechoo
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
BOTH MM and Giggles on the 3rd line!? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher Catches Bass View Post
After the last couple games I would do this:

Michalek - Spezza - Kovalev
Foligno- Fisher - Alfredsson
Shannon- Regin- Cheechoo(Rotate through Donovan, Winnie, Smith, Daugavins, whoever else)
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
I like these lines as well. 2 really good scoring lines, the 3rd line can chip in a few as well, and the best 4th line in the NHL that have great chemistry, can score, hit, and change the momentum of a game. Nice.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Alfredsson11

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
BOTH MM and Giggles on the 3rd line!? Really?

I like these lines as well. 2 really good scoring lines, the 3rd line can chip in a few as well, and the best 4th line in the NHL that have great chemistry, can score, hit, and change the momentum of a game. Nice.
You can look at it whatever way you want, but there is no denying that Fisher and Alfie have found some chemstry together and the Regin line has been awesome the past little while also. So why break them up when Spezza has played great with Michalek and Cheechoo in the past.

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:06 AM
SensFan26

Even though they weren't preforming up to their standards when they went down, it will be great seeing them back on the ice. Spezza is fantastic on the PP and Michalek is a solid PK guy.

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 10:59 AM
TheHMan

Clouston says Michalek will probably be ready for the weekend. As early as Thursday is a possibility.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 11:06 AM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Especially when watching our pp lately, it highlights how much we need some skill back in the lineup. But these two will still have some work to do when they get back.

When they were last here, there was still some complaints, they hadnt really created great new roles for themselves yet, and the team was still looking a little wobbly put together without perfectly defined roles for all yet.

Lately, we have seen some of the real strengths of this team, its character, its toughness, its smash your face into the glass and steal your lunch money approach, that has made it very hard to play against. The role players roles are excelling becoming almost core roles.

Spezza and Michalek need to find a way to fit into this team and make it better. They have the skill to do it, can they find the best role to do it. Hopefully Spezzas troubles were mostly injury related and he's not like Denis Savard who everyone thought made Stever Larme look good until he was traded and Larmers numbers stayed the same while Savards plummetted.

It was actually interesting listening to the great Denis Savard this morning on the radio, and they asked him if there were any players in the league that he just as a fan enjoyed watching the way us fans enjoyed watching him. And he listed a few like Zetts and Dats, and mentioned that even right here in Ottawa, we had one of those players that every team wisheds they had - Mike Fisher. Savard went on to say that sure, Fisher is no Kovalchuk that will put first line numbers, but he was one of those character players that win you championships. And as he is thinking about team building more lately, he realize how important character is to developing a team.

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 View Post
You can look at it whatever way you want, but there is no denying that Fisher and Alfie have found some chemstry together and the Regin line has been awesome the past little while also. So why break them up when Spezza has played great with Michalek and Cheechoo in the past.
Exactly. Why mess with success when we have 2 good lines that are getting it done now without Spezza and Michalek. This way, you can keep all the chemistry we have now and just add a Michalek-Spezza-Cheechoo line (that was working well) to the mix. It should make the team even better without messing with any of the success of the other guys. 4 kick*** lines! Here's hoping.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 11:30 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
Clouston says Michalek will probably be ready for the weekend. As early as Thursday is a possibility.
That is fantastic news! Hopefully he can return to his early season form and make an impact on the team cause we need him for sure!

As for Spezza, he's gonna be a beast upon returning. He's a guy who plays the game with alot of energy and passion and I'm sure he was disgusted with himself with his slow start. It's been a frustrating year for him so far but I can definitely see him salvaging the season in the second half.
He knows he's expected to be a big part of the offense and he's really going bring his name.

Gonna be great to see them both back and have a full lineup

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Clouston said Michalek is 'probable' for tomorrow night's game against the Blues. Let's hope the rest helps him as well.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 12:54 PM
SenatorsFC

Send a message via MSN to SenatorsFC
From the Ottawa sun : Michalek in tomorrow vs the Blues

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../12541961.html

Quote:
Milan Michalek is ready to return.

The Senators winger, who has missed seven games with a concussion he suffered on Jan. 7th after getting hit by defenceman Mike Green in Washington, is going to come back against the St. Louis Blues Thursday which means winger Shean Donovan could be a healthy scratch.

Michalek was on the ice Wednesday with Jason Spezza (knee), Jesse Winchester (knee), Mike Brodeur (flu) and healthy scratch Alex Picard.

"I feel pretty good. It was good (Tuesday) and (Wednesday) when I've skated and I've felt pretty good," said Michalek.

The Senators could send centre Zack Smith back to their AHL affiliate in Binghamton, but he has played strongly with two goals in three games and it’s doubtful they’ll make that move.

SenatorsFC is offline   Reply With Quote