HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks Trade Deadline Deals & General pre-deadline trade/speculation talk

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

vCash: 500
Go for Ian White, Cheap, RFA in summer, good 2nd pairing D-man and can run 2nd PP unit

could probably centre a deal around him and clowe

Old
01-18-2010, 02:24 PM
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
That is how it looks now, but usually, Pavelski, Clowe, and Setoguchi provide enough secondary scoring. Malhotra, Mitchell, and Mcginn are also good for a goal here and there.
At their current pace, Pavs will score 15, Clowe 16, and Seto 20, which is down significantly from last season.

Old
01-18-2010, 02:42 PM
xMARCStheSPOT

Send a message via AIM to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via MSN to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via Yahoo to xMARCStheSPOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
I dont see DW giving up on Mitchell yet...

Heard a rumor about Shaone Morrisonn from our friend at hockeybuzz. As much as I discredit his website, I'd thought I would pass along the info...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-Vinny/1/25583

I think this season DW stays quiet, unless someone offers him something too good to pass up. I dont see him looking unless someone gets hurt...
When we played against the Caps, before the game i had dinner 1 table away from Morrison's aunt who was in town. I heard her say that DW and Morrison were trying to find a way to get him into teal, i just disregarded it at the time. I can totally see Morrison being a fit playing with Huskins or Demers on the last ppairing.

Old
01-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Artful_Dodger*

Get rid of Clowe.

Old
01-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMARCStheSPOT View Post
When we played against the Caps, before the game i had dinner 1 table away from Morrison's aunt who was in town. I heard her say that DW and Morrison were trying to find a way to get him into teal, i just disregarded it at the time. I can totally see Morrison being a fit playing with Huskins or Demers on the last ppairing.
That kinda sounds like tampering, but it is interesting.

Old
01-18-2010, 02:56 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
You Serious? How did you know she was his aunt. Is this a joke?

Old
01-18-2010, 02:56 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Wow.

If that's true, that sounds exactly like tampering. Still, I wouldn't mind it.

Old
01-18-2010, 03:08 PM
xMARCStheSPOT

Send a message via AIM to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via MSN to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via Yahoo to xMARCStheSPOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
You Serious? How did you know she was his aunt. Is this a joke?
She said he was her nephew, maybe she was joking, but it didnt sound like it. Maybe im just mistaken and she said he liked san jose. I doont want to start anything. Just passing along what i heard.

Old
01-18-2010, 03:11 PM
xMARCStheSPOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Wow.

If that's true, that sounds exactly like tampering. Still, I wouldn't mind it.
I dont remember an exact quote, but she might've said DW inquired about him and he was intrigued. I apologize if i made it to sound like they had somethin going on between the 2 of em. I just know there was mutual interest from both sides.

Old
01-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

not really tampering when its not anyone from the sharks organization saying it anyways.

Old
01-18-2010, 03:14 PM
TheNeutral

Send a message via AIM to TheNeutral
well if she told you, he told her... and dw can't talk to him.. DELETE THESE POSTS!!

Old
01-18-2010, 03:20 PM
xMARCStheSPOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by embrace View Post
well if she told you, he told her... and dw can't talk to him.. DELETE THESE POSTS!!
i dont know if dw talked to him or not, i never said he did. just paassing alomg what i heard, like i said, she could have been joking for all i know. and she wasnt telling me, i overheard her talking to her family members. i just remember it cuz one of the younger girls kept giving me googly eyes.

Old
01-18-2010, 03:20 PM
TheBrokenRib

Don't think anything happens. We have been burned so many times in the past trading away picks and players for what, a 1st or 2nd round exit?

Old
01-18-2010, 03:22 PM
xMARCStheSPOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto View Post
Don't think anything happens. We have been burned so many times in the past trading away picks and players for what, a 1st or 2nd round exit?
i think maybe we pickup a veteran UFA dman, or bottom 6 forward. Maybe moving Clowe, Huskins, Petrecki and any picks excluding our 1st

Old
01-18-2010, 03:31 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCinSJ View Post
Just curious... during the EDM game I was impressed with Steve Staois' play and had the thought that he would be the perfect guy to fill out our defense.
Would EDM be willing to part with their captain?
What would it take?
Oilers' fan here. Staios is on the block and the asking price will likely be a 3d-4th rounder. He's a very good bottom 6 d-man and can step into top 4 if need be. He can help the SJS. The problem from the Sharks' perspective, however, is that he's not a classical rental--one more year on his contract at 2.7M cap hit.

Old
01-18-2010, 03:32 PM
tiger_80

How about Grebeshkov for Clowe?

Old
01-18-2010, 03:35 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Oilers' fan here. Staios is on the block and the asking price will likely be a 3d-4th rounder. He's a very good bottom 6 d-man and can step into top 4 if need be. He can help the SJS. The problem from the Sharks' perspective, however, is that he's not a classical rental--one more year on his contract at 2.7M cap hit.
Since Blakes Offense is next to nothing I wouldn't mind Blake leaving for Staios next season.

Old
01-18-2010, 03:41 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley cup pleeease View Post
TSN said Souray would wave his NTC and may be traded, and they listed SJ as a possible destination. We could also use one more grinder to take Shelley's spot in the playoffs.

Bottom 6:
XXX - Malhotra - Mitchell
McGinn - Nichol - Ortmeyer
If know i've been saying it a lot lately but, Saturdays game showed it; Malhotra deserves time on the second line, not bottom 6. With either Seto or Clowe moving back.

Thus, ideally;
Bottom 6:
Clowe or Seto - Mitchell - McGinn
Staubitz/McLaren - Nichol - Ortmeyer

Old
01-18-2010, 03:43 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
For that money though, it'd be much smarter for D.W. to make a pitch for a trade with the Leafs for White and then, lock him in for a few years at a little lesser dollars than what we'd have to pay to Staios.

Old
01-18-2010, 03:54 PM
xMARCStheSPOT

Quote:
How about Grebeshkov for Clowe?
thats a very intriguing basis for a deal. Every time i see Grebs play i am impressed with him

Old
01-18-2010, 03:55 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
For that money though, it'd be much smarter for D.W. to make a pitch for a trade with the Leafs for White and then, lock him in for a few years at a little lesser dollars than what we'd have to pay to Staios.
1) It will take quite a bit in terms of assets to aquire White. Start with Petrecky or a 1st round pick.

2) White will soon command a hefty raise. For several years he's been consistently posting excellent numbers on a crappy Leafs team--while playing top 4 minutes.
He will ask for 3.5M and will get it without a doubt.

Old
01-18-2010, 04:02 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
1) It will take quite a bit in terms of assets to aquire White. Start with Petrecky or a 1st round pick.

2) White will soon command a hefty raise. For several years he's been consistently posting excellent numbers on a crappy Leafs team--while playing top 4 minutes.
He will ask for 3.5M and will get it without a doubt.
Very true on the money. He been one of the solid Leafs since given the chance a couple years ago. Per the 'extra' going back to T.O.; the first round pick would be a much better move as, since we will finish so high in the standings, it won't be a big loss anyways, especially with the talk on this years draft not being so popular in the bottom 15. But, no way to a move with Petrecki involved, or Couture either.

Old
01-18-2010, 04:37 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Very true on the money. He been one of the solid Leafs since given the chance a couple years ago. Per the 'extra' going back to T.O.; the first round pick would be a much better move as, since we will finish so high in the standings, it won't be a big loss anyways, especially with the talk on this years draft not being so popular in the bottom 15. But, no way to a move with Petrecki involved, or Couture either.
If the only deal on the table was Patrecki for White, I wouldn't be totally against it. A young NHL performer or a young NHL maybe? Obviously thats not the case though.

I'd give our 1st in a second.

Old
01-18-2010, 04:53 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
If the only deal on the table was Patrecki for White, I wouldn't be totally against it. A young NHL performer or a young NHL maybe? Obviously thats not the case though.

I'd give our 1st in a second.
Agreed. The 1st won't be a big loss for us as, with the likes of a White coming back, we have a perfect replacement for the debacle that was the ship out of Ehrhoff. Plus, the money we could give to White would be the savings of Blake.

Old
01-18-2010, 04:56 PM
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck

Quote:
Agreed. The 1st won't be a big loss for us as, with the likes of a White coming back, we have a perfect replacement for the debacle that was the ship out of Ehrhoff. Plus, the money we could give to White would be the savings of Blake.
They needs that "savings of Blake" to pay for Seto and company.

Closed Thread