HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Deschamps

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2010, 12:32 AM
  #1
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,621
vCash: 500
Deschamps

What has gotten into him? he had a mediocre start and has been ripping it up for over 2 months hes only 3 points off the scoring lead in 6 less games played

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 07:08 AM
  #2
ace111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Riverview
Country: Canada
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Romo9 View Post
What has gotten into him? he had a mediocre start and has been ripping it up for over 2 months hes only 3 points off the scoring lead in 6 less games played
All I can say about his play so far in Moncton is WOW! He does it all. Digs fir the puck, dangles shoots and has awesome vision. Cameron, Deschamps and Hrivik have gelled immediately from the first game that they played together and look great. Wicked trade for the Cats. If Bourque only puts up half the stats and Kabanov comes back next month HOLY CRAP we are gonna have a good team!

ace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:57 AM
  #3
Wildcatfan79
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace111 View Post
All I can say about his play so far in Moncton is WOW! He does it all. Digs fir the puck, dangles shoots and has awesome vision. Cameron, Deschamps and Hrivik have gelled immediately from the first game that they played together and look great. Wicked trade for the Cats. If Bourque only puts up half the stats and Kabanov comes back next month HOLY CRAP we are gonna have a good team!
Hrivik will win the Rookie Scoring race!!!, he has proved to be one of the key pieces to next years team, and with kabanov likely back next year, they will be tearing it up!!, all we need now is a good goaltender for next year! and I would like to see Deschamps win the scoring race as well, because I could be mistaken but I don't think the cats ever got a player that won the scoring race?..does anybody know this for a fact?

Wildcatfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:34 AM
  #4
ace111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Riverview
Country: Canada
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatfan79 View Post
Hrivik will win the Rookie Scoring race!!!, he has proved to be one of the key pieces to next years team, and with kabanov likely back next year, they will be tearing it up!!, all we need now is a good goaltender for next year! and I would like to see Deschamps win the scoring race as well, because I could be mistaken but I don't think the cats ever got a player that won the scoring race?..does anybody know this for a fact?
No Wildcat has ever won the scoring race. Hrivik has been playing very well too. Now with Deschamps on his line he will hopefully continue to tear it up.

ace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 10:07 AM
  #5
Wildcatfan79
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace111 View Post
No Wildcat has ever won the scoring race. Hrivik has been playing very well too. Now with Deschamps on his line he will hopefully continue to tear it up.
They did well last night, i can't wait to see them match against a good team, see if they will shoot more, they are being way too fancy these days, they need to shoot more at the net, but I presume that will change, i hope because to tell you the truth i have mixed emotions of the Victo game, I know they can but they can't keep playing 1-2 period games!, So wtv I can't wait to see them play against a great team, since the team got Bourque, Tessier, Deschamps, they only played against bottom teams, which is good to get the hang of each other and form some kind of chemistry, anyways All in All we will see what they can do when they face the Victo, Drummond, and SJ, haha,,,If they can come out and win all those games, SJ will finish 2nd place!

Wildcatfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 02:46 PM
  #6
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin
 
Vinegar Strokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Collins
Country: United States
Posts: 5,828
vCash: 500
For you who watch Nic often, what type of NHLer do you see him developing into? Is he talented enough to become a 1st or 2nd line center? Is he more of a 2-way player, 2nd line player or is he more suited for a checking role?

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 03:28 PM
  #7
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!
 
BobbyRyan9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Naked View Post
For you who watch Nic often, what type of NHLer do you see him developing into? Is he talented enough to become a 1st or 2nd line center? Is he more of a 2-way player, 2nd line player or is he more suited for a checking role?
I've only seen him play once, which was last season, but he was a phenomenal forward. He is a really fast skater who can get to the important areas of the ice quickly. This helps him create solid scoring chances when he is out on the ice and also boasts a good two way game because of this. His best asset has to be his offensive talents, which are pretty incredible. While he didn't have the greatest support in Chicoutimi, it will be interesting to see how well he does with Moncton. He's been at a two points per game pace since joining the squad and I'm sure will be a force come playoff time. You'll have to wait for a Moncton or Chicoutimi fan to reply in order to get a better analysis of his talent, but I just wanted to add my two cents from what I've seen.

BobbyRyan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 06:33 PM
  #8
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin
 
Vinegar Strokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Collins
Country: United States
Posts: 5,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRyan9 View Post
I've only seen him play once, which was last season, but he was a phenomenal forward. He is a really fast skater who can get to the important areas of the ice quickly. This helps him create solid scoring chances when he is out on the ice and also boasts a good two way game because of this. His best asset has to be his offensive talents, which are pretty incredible. While he didn't have the greatest support in Chicoutimi, it will be interesting to see how well he does with Moncton. He's been at a two points per game pace since joining the squad and I'm sure will be a force come playoff time. You'll have to wait for a Moncton or Chicoutimi fan to reply in order to get a better analysis of his talent, but I just wanted to add my two cents from what I've seen.
Thanks for the input, I'm always a bit cautious when getting excited about 20 year old players tearing up juniors, so I really want to see the opinions of people who've watched him.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 08:37 PM
  #9
Wildcatfan79
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Naked View Post
Thanks for the input, I'm always a bit cautious when getting excited about 20 year old players tearing up juniors, so I really want to see the opinions of people who've watched him.
I think he needs to add more muscle and probably 1-2 years in the AHL, he is fast but he might get to 2-3rd line , I don't see him becoming a force in the NHL, but you never know, this guy can pass, score and do the little things right, he will probably become an NHLer and when he does I predict him to be 15-20 lbs heavier, he is a great player, i just can't wait to see him and Kabanov together, its going to be exciting, and well comes playoff time we'll be able to see what kind of player he really is, if you can't perform in the Q playoffs face it, your not going to be a great NHLer!!....anyways he is a great player, a key addition to the Cats and hopefully he brings us all the way!!!

Wildcatfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 09:00 AM
  #10
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRyan9 View Post
I've only seen him play once, which was last season, but he was a phenomenal forward. He is a really fast skater who can get to the important areas of the ice quickly. This helps him create solid scoring chances when he is out on the ice and also boasts a good two way game because of this. His best asset has to be his offensive talents, which are pretty incredible. While he didn't have the greatest support in Chicoutimi, it will be interesting to see how well he does with Moncton. He's been at a two points per game pace since joining the squad and I'm sure will be a force come playoff time. You'll have to wait for a Moncton or Chicoutimi fan to reply in order to get a better analysis of his talent, but I just wanted to add my two cents from what I've seen.
I disagree on a few notes on that.

1- he is a phenomenal junior player, seems to do everything right at times, but can be totally absent offensively some games. But in these games, he is still sound defensively.

2- His best asset has to be his speed, or defensive play (including pk), he doesn't have 1/2 of the offensive assets that Lagacé have, but is way better all around.

3-as for support: playing regularly with Lagace for the past 2 years (lagace and tousignant last year, Lagace and paré 2 years ago, ans Lagace and Lavoie/Roussel this year, with sound def like Jalbert and Bolduc isn't really bad support.

Every year, for the past 3 years, he had bad start of the season, picking up his game in the second half.

It will surely helps him statistically to become on a boosted team like Moncton; he will have less pressure, here he was kind of stuck under pressure; captain, first PP, first PK, him and lagace participated in 70% of our goals!. At moment he seemed desperate as we don't win and don't care anymore.

Cats fans, don't count him in for next year though, I'd be shocked if he comes back as a 20 yo.

EDIT: He should have been given a shot at team Canada, IMO.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 02:07 PM
  #11
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin
 
Vinegar Strokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Collins
Country: United States
Posts: 5,828
vCash: 500
Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 02:21 PM
  #12
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Oh I forgot, he often take indisciplined penalties (after the play), even so0metimes after his team score.

although when he doesn't get penalized these after the play move disturb the other teams a lot.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 04:07 PM
  #13
Wildcatfan79
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Oh I forgot, he often take indisciplined penalties (after the play), even so0metimes after his team score.

although when he doesn't get penalized these after the play move disturb the other teams a lot.
I still didn't see him doing that in Moncton, because we have alot guys that can do that, metcalfe, howe, trask..ect. and if he does get some hopefully it won't be when it counts in the playoffs!..lol, he now is playing great with Hrivik and Cameron, but wait when they put this guy with Kabanov, they will be a line to watch!, that is if they play together, haha, they will definetly be on the 1st pp, but in the last couple of game I have seen his pts deminish but its only because now Moncton uses 2 pp lines, and when he had 4pts games he was playing the whole 2 min Powerplays, now he plays maybe 45 sec-1 min,

Wildcatfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.