HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

game 48 The Dave Hodge special--don't like don't pay for it don't watch

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2010, 12:05 PM
  #26
Joe Hallenback
Registered User
 
Joe Hallenback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,154
vCash: 500
Pouliot was recalled today from Springfield I am guessing he will play tonight?

Joe Hallenback is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 12:24 PM
  #27
BlueBelle
Registered User
 
BlueBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in a C of annoying
Posts: 7,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Pouliot was recalled today from Springfield I am guessing he will play tonight?
I'm guessing so we don't play shorthanded like on Saturday. Not that that seemed to make any difference... just saying...

BlueBelle is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 12:47 PM
  #28
Joe Hallenback
Registered User
 
Joe Hallenback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
I'm guessing so we don't play shorthanded like on Saturday. Not that that seemed to make any difference... just saying...
What if Pouliot suddenly plays like a madman and lifts us out of the cellar into a final position of 9th in the west?

Joe Hallenback is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 01:12 PM
  #29
BlueBelle
Registered User
 
BlueBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in a C of annoying
Posts: 7,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
What if Pouliot suddenly plays like a madman and lifts us out of the cellar into a final position of 9th in the west?
I will eat my left shoe and never create another news and blog report again!



BlueBelle is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 01:16 PM
  #30
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,857
vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
I will eat my left shoe and never create another news and blog report again!


Youtube it or it never happened.

__________________
The Head Crusher is online now  
Old
01-18-2010, 01:52 PM
  #31
BlueBelle
Registered User
 
BlueBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in a C of annoying
Posts: 7,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
Youtube it or it never happened.
on it!

From twitter
Quote:
Oilers_Travels Steve Staios is experiencing flu-like symptoms, which will likely cause him to miss tonight's game.

BlueBelle is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
  #32
Oilbender
Registered User
 
Oilbender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,829
vCash: 500
Another PPV. I hope there are less viewers than Horcoff has points.

Why they haven't slashed ticket prices at this juncture in the season is beyond me, bunch of uppity *****.
(I know this isn't a home game. Just venting.)

Oilbender is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 02:26 PM
  #33
reckless_abandon
Registered User
 
reckless_abandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post

From twitter: Oilers_Travels Steve Staios is experiencing flu-like symptoms, which will likely cause him to miss tonight's game.
Terrible news! Maybe they're done showcasing him and want him super healthy for a trade that has conditions attached, like a 3rd if the team wins the cup.

reckless_abandon is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 02:33 PM
  #34
LawnDemon
Registered User
 
LawnDemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Danger Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,984
vCash: 500
On a related note...

ALBERTA Judge makes unprecedented ruling. Another case of truth being
stranger than fiction...


EDMONTON, ALBERTA (CP) -A seven-year-old Edmonton boy was at the center
of an Edmonton city courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court
ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge
initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law
and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree
possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him
more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When
the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy
alleged they had also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning
that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the
judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who
should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child
welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Edmonton
Oilers, whom the boy and judge both firmly believe are not capable of
beating anyone.

LawnDemon is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 02:33 PM
  #35
dashingsilverfox*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Paradise
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabbypants View Post
Another PPV. I hope there are less viewers than Horcoff has points.

Why they haven't slashed ticket prices at this juncture in the season is beyond me, bunch of uppity *****.
(I know this isn't a home game. Just venting.)
Lots of resale tickets available at deep discounts.

dashingsilverfox* is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 02:34 PM
  #36
BlueBelle
Registered User
 
BlueBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in a C of annoying
Posts: 7,793
vCash: 500
Oilers twitter feed says JDD starts tonight.

BlueBelle is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 02:51 PM
  #37
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,050
vCash: 500
Penner - Potulny - Nilsson
Jacques - Gagner - Cogliano
O'Sullivan - Horcoff - Pisani
Moreau - Pouliot - Stortini

Relatively excited about that lineup. Hopefully Horcoff and Pisani can play well together and solidify 2/3 of a shutdown line for next season... when Pisani comes back at 850k!

Soli is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 03:06 PM
  #38
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,857
vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon View Post
ALBERTA Judge makes unprecedented ruling. Another case of truth being
stranger than fiction...


EDMONTON, ALBERTA (CP) -A seven-year-old Edmonton boy was at the center
of an Edmonton city courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court
ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge
initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law
and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree
possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him
more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When
the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy
alleged they had also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning
that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the
judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who
should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child
welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Edmonton
Oilers, whom the boy and judge both firmly believe are not capable of
beating anyone.
I remember telling that joke years ago, but it was Calgary then.

The Head Crusher is online now  
Old
01-18-2010, 03:10 PM
  #39
BlueBelle
Registered User
 
BlueBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in a C of annoying
Posts: 7,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Penner - Potulny - Nilsson
Jacques - Gagner - Cogliano
O'Sullivan - Horcoff - Pisani
Moreau - Pouliot - Stortini

Relatively excited about that lineup. Hopefully Horcoff and Pisani can play well together and solidify 2/3 of a shutdown line for next season... when Pisani comes back at 850k!
That lineup just reminds me that there is no room in the budget for our RFAs, and look what we got! Awesome

BlueBelle is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 03:12 PM
  #40
Silver
Registered User
 
Silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,063
vCash: 500
I haven't watched an Oilers game since I was at the St. Louis debacle before Christmas.

I'm not going to break that streak tonight...

Silver is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 03:21 PM
  #41
dubya
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Penner - Potulny - Nilsson
Jacques - Gagner - Cogliano
O'Sullivan - Horcoff - Pisani
Moreau - Pouliot - Stortini

Relatively excited about that lineup. Hopefully Horcoff and Pisani can play well together and solidify 2/3 of a shutdown line for next season... when Pisani comes back at 850k!
Weren't there two stories in the paper about how POS and Potulny had such good chemistry? 10 points in 10 games for POS?

Yeah, but we're NOT tanking.

Fall for Hall! March of the Seguins!

dubya is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 03:30 PM
  #42
Harley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,316
vCash: 500
Go Oilers.

Looking forward to what Pouliot does the rest of this season. I think he may be the closest thing we have to a legitimate third line centre. I'm cheering for him. He played pretty well at the end of last season. Can play with a fair bit of grit. Good size. Has a knack of getting opponents upset with him. lol C'mon lad. Join the reclamation projects. Now's your chance. Grab the bull by the horns.

Harley is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 03:34 PM
  #43
Traktor*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,657
vCash: 500
Finish in basement for Horcoff's replacement!

Go Avs!

Traktor* is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 03:36 PM
  #44
georgec5614
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Springfield MA
Country: United States
Posts: 149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Pouliot was recalled today from Springfield I am guessing he will play tonight?
If he does play this will be his 4th game in 4 days! He played Friday in Springfield, Saturday in Binghamton, and again Sunday afternoon in Springfield.

georgec5614 is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 03:44 PM
  #45
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
on it!

From twitter
I thought Staios has a concussion.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 03:45 PM
  #46
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,552
vCash: 500
I'm surprised at how many people think that the Oilers will win this one.... If Craig Anderson is in net, i don't see it, the Oilers have a hard enough time beating him when they've had decent teams,i can't see it happening with this team especially in Colorado.

Avs 5
Oilers 3

CupofOil is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 04:07 PM
  #47
Oiler Crude
3rd rate fan
 
Oiler Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 745
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec5614 View Post
If he does play this will be his 4th game in 4 days! He played Friday in Springfield, Saturday in Binghamton, and again Sunday afternoon in Springfield.
Did he get on the Score sheets at all?

Oiler Crude is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 04:11 PM
  #48
Ghostbuster
Registered User
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler Crude View Post
Did he get on the Score sheets at all?
6 points in his 4 game stint. (1g 5a)
Springfield also went 3-1 while being the 3rd worst team in the league.

Ghostbuster is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 04:13 PM
  #49
Hemsky4PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Billeting Ales
Posts: 6,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Penner - Potulny - Nilsson
Jacques - Gagner - Cogliano
O'Sullivan - Horcoff - Pisani
Moreau - Pouliot - Stortini

Relatively excited about that lineup. Hopefully Horcoff and Pisani can play well together and solidify 2/3 of a shutdown line for next season... when Pisani comes back at 850k!
Horcoff is the worst minus player in the league. The only way he helps out a shut-down line is by playing against the one from another team. Guaranteed plus night for the opposition.

Shopping list:

1. Third line, with Horcoff possibly being a winger. So we need a winger and defensive center.

2. Two reliable two-way defensemen with a bit of a physical edge.

Hemsky4PM is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 04:35 PM
  #50
The Human Torch
Registered User
 
The Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Amsterdam
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon View Post
ALBERTA Judge makes unprecedented ruling. Another case of truth being
stranger than fiction...


EDMONTON, ALBERTA (CP) -A seven-year-old Edmonton boy was at the center
of an Edmonton city courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court
ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge
initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law
and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree
possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him
more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When
the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy
alleged they had also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning
that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the
judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who
should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child
welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Edmonton
Oilers, whom the boy and judge both firmly believe are not capable of
beating anyone.
That joke was hilarious when I first heard it in about 1987 or thereabouts.

The Human Torch is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.