HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Sabres @ Coyotes (01/18/10)

Old
01-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Piokinen

vCash: 500
Vrbata cuts it to 4

Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Ubshall get hurt then pushed 2 times on the way back to the bench and no call!
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 08:27 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Looks like a Sabres' home game on the ice and in the stands.

Is Bryzgalov out of shape or does he just hold fat in his face? Either way, poor conditioning or not, this guy doesn't seem capable of being a consistent starter for 60 games/season.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

No fight in a game where you get your ass handed to you only adds insult to injury.
Not even something to get the troops fired up for Nashville than Washington then Detroit.

****!
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
01-18-2010, 08:29 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
No fight in a game where you get your ass handed to you only adds insult to injury.
Not even something to get the troops fired up for Nashville than Washington then Detroit.

****!
Posted via Mobile Device
No one was willing to heed Bissonnette's request(s).

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 08:31 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
Looks like a Sabres' home game on the ice and in the stands.

Is Bryzgalov out of shape or does he just hold fat in his face? Either way, poor conditioning or not, this guy doesn't seem capable of being a consistent starter for 60 games/season.
He's on pace to play 70, which is too much for pretty much everyone, regardless of conditioning. It's no small wonder why Turco has a history of choking in the playoffs when Tippett rode him so hard in the regular season.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lorenzo1000

Wow they seem like they're done. Can't blame this all on the goalies. All sorts of odd man rushes, uncovered players, and forwards either not picking up the point man or not coming back. We could sure use Kurt Sauer to help settle things down out there.

Lorenzo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
No one was willing to heed Bissonnette's request(s).
**** that! He should have attacked anyway for a well worth suspension.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
01-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo1000 View Post
Wow they seem like they're done. Can't blame this all on the goalies. All sorts of odd man rushes, uncovered players, and forwards either not picking up the point man or not coming back. We could sure use Kurt Sauer to help settle things down out there.
Coyotes need that olympic break more than most teams, especially if Nabby plays in all the games for Russia.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
01-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Wow if there was ever was a way to describe how the D played tonight I think the swear filters would pick up all the descriptions I would have for it.

Old
01-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Wow if there was ever was a way to describe how the D played tonight I think the swear filters would pick all the descriptions up.
Tippett was borderline in his conference tonight on his emotion and words. Now the Coyotes are wishing they had a filter in the locker room for what Tippett has to say.

I hope Tippett makes the team do skating drills for 1 hour after getting chewed out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
01-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Tippett was borderline in his conference tonight on his emotion and words. Now the Coyotes are wishing they had a filter in the locker room for what Tippett has to say.

I hope Tippett makes the team do skating drills for 1 hour after getting chewed out.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think a bag skate is in order yet.....yet.

::edit::

Wow just saw the presser. He was biting his tongue. Man there's gonna be some chewed out butts tonight.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 09:43 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I hate these stupid kid casters.
Me 2. I actually have to mute the TV, I just can't take it.

There's pretty much only one way to describe this game and it begins with the word cluster.

I'll be at the Thursday game, hope it's better.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
CitizenCoyote

Well, you could sort of see a game like this coming for a couple of weeks. Hope they got it out of their system.

The reality is that we could play the Sabres 10 times and would probably lose 10, unless we got a goaltender standing on his head for a couple, and we didn't have that tonight for sure.

They are pretty much perfectly constructed to beat us. In fact, they are very well constructed to play the western teams in general and if they can get figure out how to get out of of the east may actually give a long suffering sports city something to cheer for. They are the only east team I've seen so far that I actually think could win the finals, if they get there.

The neturalize our biggest advantage. They clog the passing lanes better than any team I've seen so far this year, and their counterattack is the best in hockey. Maybe I got a misleading sense of it, since they essentially run the exactly same play to the high slot every time they gain the zone (with minor variations), but the counterattack was pretty spectacular. They are better than we faced them early in the year, and we are worse. Yes, the goaltending could have been better, but a 4-2 loss wouldn't have been any better than 7-2, and in fact, the 7-2 might be a positive for the year when all is said and done if it lights a fire under this team.

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:11 PM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
He's on pace to play 70, which is too much for pretty much everyone, regardless of conditioning. It's no small wonder why Turco has a history of choking in the playoffs when Tippett rode him so hard in the regular season.

503 think about it..

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:13 PM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyotesVisitor View Post
Well, you could sort of see a game like this coming for a couple of weeks. Hope they got it out of their system.

The reality is that we could play the Sabres 10 times and would probably lose 10, unless we got a goaltender standing on his head for a couple, and we didn't have that tonight for sure.

They are pretty much perfectly constructed to beat us. In fact, they are very well constructed to play the western teams in general and if they can get figure out how to get out of of the east may actually give a long suffering sports city something to cheer for. They are the only east team I've seen so far that I actually think could win the finals, if they get there.

The neturalize our biggest advantage. They clog the passing lanes better than any team I've seen so far this year, and their counterattack is the best in hockey. Maybe I got a misleading sense of it, since they essentially run the exactly same play to the high slot every time they gain the zone (with minor variations), but the counterattack was pretty spectacular. They are better than we faced them early in the year, and we are worse. Yes, the goaltending could have been better, but a 4-2 loss wouldn't have been any better than 7-2, and in fact, the 7-2 might be a positive for the year when all is said and done if it lights a fire under this team.

Very astute..

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:20 PM
ducky

Stinkers happen. I am more concerned that we seem to be getting worse every week.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:34 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Wow just saw the presser. He was biting his tongue. Man there's gonna be some chewed out butts tonight.
Maybe not even tonight. Maybe he'll just say something like, "Don't bother bringing your stick to practice tomorrow," then let the guys figure it out.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Coyotes Crusader

Tonights result leads me to wonder about Sauers ETA.

Coyotes Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:06 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Stinkers happen. I am more concerned that we seem to be getting worse every week.
maybe the Coyotes were who we thought they were!...and we let them off the hook!...

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:18 AM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
Maybe not even tonight. Maybe he'll just say something like, "Don't bother bringing your stick to practice tomorrow," then let the guys figure it out.
Had more to say than that. My buddy who's friends with Sauer usually meets with him after the game and it's usually no more than 10 minutes before Sauer and the other scratches come out of the room. Everyone was in there 45 minutes tonight.

Still no ETA for Sauer's return. He's hoping before the Olympic break, but that's getting pretty close. The neck and inner ear are still an issue.

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyotesVisitor View Post
One thing to add to that. They shut down the shooting lanes as well. I didn't count very many quality scoring chances at all on Miller.

::edit::

In addition, the defense played like a steaming pile of crap. They played pretty good D to start off and then came apart at the seams by playing the puck instead of their assignments.

Finally, Bryzgalov exposed a major weakness in his game that has been clear for some time now. His inability to stop puck to his 3 and 4 holes. The first goal tonight is an example of this and I've got a few more examples in the Wild post game article.

Last edited by Dolemite: 01-19-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Well I never thought that 8-2 drubbing they took years ago at the hands of the Predators could be worse but I was wrong, tonight was the worst Coyotes game I've ever been to. The whole team played like crap, drunken loud mouth Buffalo fans and then having to watch a bunch of ****ing Sabre hats get thrown on home ice to boot. Worst. Game. Ever.

I don't know what the hell happened to the "pack mentality", especially where team defense is concerned. They haven't held a team below 3 goals in January. Not surprisingly they are 3-5 in that stretch.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 08:14 AM
pyregretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Well I never thought that 8-2 drubbing they took years ago at the hands of the Predators could be worse but I was wrong, tonight was the worst Coyotes game I've ever been to. The whole team played like crap, drunken loud mouth Buffalo fans and then having to watch a bunch of ****ing Sabre hats get thrown on home ice to boot. Worst. Game. Ever.

I don't know what the hell happened to the "pack mentality", especially where team defense is concerned. They haven't held a team below 3 goals in January. Not surprisingly they are 3-5 in that stretch.
With everything that went down in that game it was disappointing to see what Biss contributed. He could have fought or tried at least. He could have done something when Winnik was hurt or when we were down 2 goals but instead his highlight was taking a penalty. If he played over Mueller instead of Korp I think the score would have been slightly less ugly

I thought Jovo staying angry and focused after the suspension would have lasted more than 1 game but expectations are cruel like that lol

Anyone know the status of Winnik or Upshall?

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 08:17 AM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

This team seems to struggle in games with odd start times. It was like they were not even ready to play last night. A quick first goal from Buffalo and then there was no stopping them. Horrible game all around.

Any status updates on Winnik? A serious injury in a game like that would be crushing.

krepitch is online now   Reply With Quote