HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres @ Coyotes (01/18/10)

Old
01-19-2010, 08:24 AM
CitizenCoyote

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
The whole team played like crap, drunken loud mouth Buffalo fans and then having to watch a bunch of ****ing Sabre hats get thrown on home ice to boot.
Here's some consolation -- they were mistaken about the hat trick, but the fans don't get their hats back.

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 10:08 AM
indczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyregretzky View Post
With everything that went down in that game it was disappointing to see what Biss contributed. He could have fought or tried at least. He could have done something when Winnik was hurt or when we were down 2 goals but instead his highlight was taking a penalty. If he played over Mueller instead of Korp I think the score would have been slightly less ugly

I thought Jovo staying angry and focused after the suspension would have lasted more than 1 game but expectations are cruel like that lol

Anyone know the status of Winnik or Upshall?
Bizz DID try to fight. He approached Rivet, who declined, as well as the guy who hit Winnik. Neither wanted anything to do with it...

Edit: Bizz spent a whole shift yapping at Rivet, trying to get him to fight, They were in the offensive zone while the play was in our own end. He missed 1 pass because of it, and blew a rush because he was way offside.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 10:10 AM
pyregretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by indczn View Post
Bizz DID try to fight. He approached Rivet, who declined, as well as the guy who hit Winnik. Neither wanted anything to do with it...
When Winnik went down it wasn't a time to talk about fighting it was a time to actually go after it instigator or not. He never even got a big check on Kaleta

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 10:23 AM
indczn

Quote:
When Winnik went down it wasn't a time to talk about fighting it was a time to actually go after it instigator or not. He never even got a big check on Kaleta
He did hit the guy into the boards well after the whistle. I thought he shoulda start wailing on the guy too.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Agreed! This was the type of game where getting hit with a big penalty and getting suspended was worth it.
Usually by now I would get over a loss no matter by how much but not even a fight? That one will take some more time to get over. Biz and the rest of the team didn't learn their lesson from the 4-0 loss in Vancouver a few games ago.
This is the type of game where I certainly missed Carcillo's goonary.

Now we can only hope that Buffalos's big win will lead to being LA Anaheim and a few other teams we need to see lose on the Sabres roadtrip.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
When Winnik went down, Biz tried skating over to the scrum. The ref skated in front on him and held him from joining. When Biz was trying to start something with Rivet, a ref skated between them to break it up DURING THE FREAKING PLAY. Biz wanted to fight someone, but Sabres were avoiding it and the refs would not let anything get started.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:19 PM
knowsthegame

A long homestand isn't always what the doctor ordered. Too much home cooking and cuddling up to mama can make a guy a little lethargic.

Every team gets blown out once in a while - maybe that will get the players attention and get them back to playing the system that was working.
Bryz needs to get his mojo back.
His head may be at the Olympics already.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Well, that was no fun, but it's not the end of the world....

No question, that was their worst game of the year, last year there were many more of those, 50 games into the season. I can deal with one every 50 games.

They lost to an Eastern Conference team so no points gained by Coyote playoff competition. If they're going to lose, better to lose to an Eastern Conference team. If they can beat the Preds, I won't even care about this game.

Losses like this happen to good teams....just look at the other scores....How do Flames fans feel today? The Devils?

They lost to a great team in the Sabres, and a team which thrives with a lead.

As for the Sabre fans...good for them...they rarely get to see their team in Arizona. And they seem to be really passionate fans...I look forward to a day Coyote fans are able to develop that kind of passion.

As for the Winnik hit, it sucks he got injured, but it looked clean to me. I don't blame the Sabres for not wanting to accept BizNasty's invitation to dance.

Tippet should be pissed. I'm guessing the players might have lost a day off to be replaced with a bag skate.

In hindsight, I wish the Coyotes had drafted Myers instead of Boedker. Myers is freakin' impressive.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:48 PM
ducky

As a fan of the WHL I got to see a lot of Myers playing for the Kelowna Rockets. I really wanted the Coyotes to draft him.

Of course, we have seen our players have a great rookie season only to fall off the map the next season (cough cough Mueller cough).

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I admit I was in the "Myers is too much of a project" camp and of course not only is he excelling, he's doing it EARLY. It would be tough enough to see him turn out to be a stud but if he does it on an accelerated time table that's just too much! Ah hell, I'm just annoyed!!!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote