HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Nashville Predators 01/18/10

Old
01-18-2010, 10:07 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
Ahem, that's the SECOND biggest laughingstock in the Eastern Conference, actually. Thanks.
Took it to us anyway. Nice win on the road.

Props to your team for being ready right out of the gate. Then turning the tide and rebounding for the game winner after the Preds had the momentum and the crowd going.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Jarnberg

Can't afford to lose points like that. You knew we'd come out slow with some guys back from injuries and the road trip. But to add to a slow start a really bad goal after a turnover, another goal after a turnover and a breakaway. You cannot play with fire like that and expect to win.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by slanted View Post
Horny should not be leading this team in Goals.
Sure he should. He's been playing fantastic hockey all around the ice this season and has a real nose around the goal. Sure the guy can score on almost any line, but just because he started off slow last year after coming over to North America does not mean he is a lowly grinder.

Old
01-18-2010, 10:26 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Hopefully they've learned their lesson and will move on from this. Tough road trip up next so things might get a little scary for a bit.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Jarnberg

Going into this game, the Maple Leafs were the only team not to win in our building. So now every team has one a game here.

Old
01-18-2010, 11:18 PM
PredsChik

Thank God they're on the road these next 2 weeks. I'm broke and they play better there anyway.

As I twittered during the game. I take some responsibility for tonight's loss... the hockey gods were punishing me for flirting with a Red Wings fan this morning.

And KK and Hammer suck. Lots.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:19 PM
deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Sure he should. He's been playing fantastic hockey all around the ice this season and has a real nose around the goal. Sure the guy can score on almost any line, but just because he started off slow last year after coming over to North America does not mean he is a lowly grinder.
Don't get me wrong. Maybe read some of my previous posts...I'm not taking anything away from Horny. He is a savage this season and I love it. What I was saying is...we have some players that should have more goals than him, some guys that need to start stepping up. The funniest thing is I posted in the first that it was sad I thought Goc, Jones and Horny would get us goals and back in this. And they shouldn't be the ones to have to do that. Low an behold 2 of the 3 I named scored. We've got where we are from our low liners. injuries have forced us to bring up some ads and they've played well. I don't know the actual stats. But I'd say Horny, Jones and GOC have been our best scorers for the past 30 games. Horny for sure since he leads the league since Dec 4th or something. And ever since Jones got sent down he's been putting pucks in regularly. Goc is on a career season. And Franson as well...who thought he would be here putting up these numbers. When we have this sort of secondary scoring we should expect our Arny's and Sully's to be game changers for us. Our special teams suck and we're one of the best 5 on 5 teams in the the league. And it's because of the previously mentioned players. Add to that list Smithers. Look at what hes done this year. I was really expecting a win tonight. We've been so good on the road, and thats what top seeded teams do, is have 600 - 700+ away records. When you're at home you're "franchise" guys should play big. That wasn't the case tonight. And putting aside a 10-15 game stretch in the middle of the season that hasn't been the case this year. I'm done ranting, I just wanna see our 3 mil+ players start winning us some games cause Honry Goc and Jones on lines 3 and 4 can't win us 4 of 7 in a playoff series.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Please keep the Ellis family in your thoughts tonight...

According to his Twitter account, Dan Ellis is in the ER right now after his son, Kaden, struck his head and has fallen ill. Very emotional tweets from Dan regarding this situation and he has asked for prayers for his family and especially Kaden...

Quote:
Rushed to the ER my son hit his head...throwing up over and over...prayers please...just had a CT
26 minutes ago from UberTwitter

Something is not right about holding your sons head still as he cries in a CT scan. Heart breaking.
19 minutes ago from UberTwitter

Why when they get CT done in Franklin do they send it to Israel to get read...not very efficient!!! gettin ready to snap
12 minutes ago from UberTwitter
http://twitter.com/dellis39

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
According to his Twitter account, Dan Ellis is in the ER right now after his son, Kaden, struck his head and has fallen ill. Very emotional tweets from Dan regarding this situation and he has asked for prayers for his family and especially Kaden...

http://twitter.com/dellis39

Keep us updated. Jesus, I hope his kid is ok. Forget hockey, this is more important.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:14 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
From Ellis' twitter:
Quote:
I hate waiting...the little guy is sleeping in my arms right now...seems to be doing better. Thx for the prayers
42 minutes ago from UberTwitter

They should just cut the ticket sales off at 14K, anything higher and the team comes out like crap. There was a buzz in the building before the game started, everyone was pumped and ready to cheer at anything. Instead Toronto takes the crowd right out of the game before it's even started.

How many games is this now that they come out flat and give up 3 goals in the first period? Four of the last 6 home games they come out flat and fall behind early. I'm so sick of this. Every time it's the same thing: "We have to learn from this", "We have to have better starts". Well, it's 50 games into the season, if you haven't learned this by now, you'll never learn.

It's hard to win games when you don't show up for the first period and other team pots 3 quick goals. Terrible defense, terrible forwards, terrible goaltending. Only one team came out ready to play. We made their PK look like a #1 unit. Legwand/Erat should be credited with assists on 2 Toronto goals.

But hey, good comeback. Seriously though it was pretty sweet!

The crowd was awesome, the Preds were all over them and finally playing our own game. Once the game was tied, it was like they were happy to be tied and playing not to lose, which of course worked out so great.

But the crowd was fantastic though! We sounded really loud on the highlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
I'm done blaming Klein. He plays ok with Bouillon. Klein seemingly needs a partner who keeps things simple, because maybe he just isn't that bright. It's Trotz who keeps trying to force the square peg into the round hole. Just as he's gone back to Legwand and Erat together.
It seems to me that Klein needs to be with someone that talks a lot out there. He was with Zanon last year, a big communicator. I don't know how Hamhuis is on the ice, but just to me it seems he isn't that big of a communicator. Maybe he is but I just don't notice it.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:18 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Newest tweet from Ellis:

Quote:
CT came back negative...heading home now. Maybe a concussion? That is never fun. Thx again to everyone for their thoughts and prayers
3 minutes ago from UberTwitter
Seems everything is OK.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:21 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Newest tweet from Ellis:

Seems everything is OK.
thank God. They need to keep monitoring him though. His son having a concussion at such a young age is dangerous. I wish him a speedy recovery. I can't even imagine what had to have been going through Ellis' head. My prayers are with the Ellis family.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 03:13 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Tough loss but the game showed we can put up goals when we have too. Which is a strong ability to have during the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Newest tweet from Ellis:

Seems everything is OK.
Thanks for posting the updates. I laid down and kept monitoring my phone for the latest and fell asleep shortly after the last update.

Will be interesting to see if he is at practice this morning. Team flies out this evening, but there is no doubt that the organization, nor anyone else, would have any problem with Dan taking some personal time to make sure his family is in order before leaving with the team.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:10 AM
RollingPredFan

Bah comeback or not that was an inexcusable loss. The west is too tight for a loss to a bottom dweller. (no offense Leaf fans) Rinne has been letting in at least one softy every start, We stood still while the Leafs skated around us in circles, we decided to play for a stretch and got tied only to let them take back the game. I think we need another d-man more than a winger, we need to limit some of time on ice some of these guys are getting, they know who they are And Ellis should take a few more starts until Pekka gets his act straight. They get a big crowd on a monday night and this is the effort? NOT COOL. Maybe next time Trotz can make them them wear the away jerseys so they may show up LOL

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:30 AM
thejlb*

You know it always amazes me when we do have a good turnout, how they could possibly come out so flat. Perfect road trip. They come back to a huge turnout at practice on sunday, then get a great turnout on monday, then goose egg for the first period and a half.

I was content with overtime but we didn't let that happen. Even with a loss to a lesser team I'm still proud of the season we've had so far. Alot of ups when no one expected us to do anything.

Also want to give credit to Jones. With all the talk about Hornqvist being able to score on any line, Jones does it just as well. I thought you had to earn your way up the lines. I mean Jones has been able to put up with points with every line he has been on this season, and yet he continually gets rewarded with being put back on the fourth line.

Last edited by thejlb*: 01-19-2010 at 09:39 AM.
thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 10:03 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Someone needs to bring a sign to the Sommet for the next game saying. "No one is watching you right now" or "Order take out and call it room service."

I'm almost thinking it would be better for the team to get in the 5-8 range in the playoffs.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:09 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
A Day Later And Im Still Baffled

1. Fun fact: Hamhuis and Klein were taking shifts apart during our heroic climb back into the game but where out back together in time for the game winning goal against.

2. Felder says this one best:

Quote:
TOI - There are some nights I just don't understand why some players don't get more TOI. Tonight that honor belonged to Ryan Jones and Nick Spaling. They had 7:48 and 7:37 of TOI respectively. Now, Jones had a goal in which Spaling assisted that tied the game up. Within their limited time, Jones had 2 shots on goal as did Spaling. In a game in which you are down three after the 1st period you would want guys getting SOG and crashing the net out. Yet, Dumont had 15:31 with 0 SOG and just 1 attempted. Legwand had 1 SOG and that was the only one he attempted. I don't claim to be a coach by any stretch of the imagination, but sometimes I would really love to know why certain guys that are creating don't get more opportunities
3. and where were our big guys? oh, Arnott tells us in his post game interview courtesy of PredsOnTheGlass
Quote:
We just gave up," said Jason Arnott. "We had a lot of turnovers that we let them capitalize on. Before we knew it, it was 3-0 and we were hiding behind the goal. It took us a couple of periods to get going, but we battled back."
WHAT?! You just gave up? Isnt it your job to make sure that doesnt happen, Captain?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Does anybody else notice that it seems like every time Arnott comes back from in injury we lose?

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Does anybody else notice that it seems like every time Arnott comes back from in injury we lose?
tells you something about him from a team standpoint doesn't it ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
tells you something about him from a team standpoint doesn't it ?
I don't think so. I don't think we can blame Jason Arnott for the whole team playing like crap for the first 25 minutes. Oh wait, our captain told the guys, "Let's ease into this one boys, maybe give up a goal or two and then see what happens."

Adding a player back to the lineup after being out a while is one thing, but I don't see any more in it than that.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:22 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
it isnt like this is one isolated incident. It has happened every time he has missed this season.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:35 PM
thejlb*

I'll even add to this. Arnott is a beast whne he's feeling like it. I don't pretend to know the things that go on in the locker room but I like to think he's giving the guys hell. Probably not though. I also don't know how much his age is factoring into his play. He plays like it however some games he's getting goals and checking and has real hustle. Others not so much.

Old
01-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejlb View Post
I'll even add to this. Arnott is a beast whne he's feeling like it. I don't pretend to know the things that go on in the locker room but I like to think he's giving the guys hell. Probably not though. I also don't know how much his age is factoring into his play. He plays like it however some games he's getting goals and checking and has real hustle. Others not so much.
hhhmmm ... could their possibly be a power struggle going on ? ... GM/Captain/Coach ? ... in that order ... we probably will find out one of these days

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:42 PM
thejlb*

I'm scared to see what the outcome would be. I don't want it to sound like I'm singleing out Arnott either, because you could almost say the same about any other player on this team.