No Respect For Canucks!

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2004, 03:49 AM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
No Respect For Canucks!

I get the feeling from going to a bunch of Flames fans boards that there isn't much respect for the Canucks. Everyone seems to think that the Canucks are a crappy team. There also seems to be so much joy at seeing another Canadian team out of the playoffs. All I will say is that the Canucks will make changes so that this will not happen again in the near future. I think Calgary is building a very good team but Sutter isn't the coach there in the longterm. No offense, but I have to cheer for the Wings in the next round cause I cheer against the team that beats the Canucks. I did the same with Minnesota last year. Good luck anyways, Flames fans.

Old
04-21-2004, 04:59 AM
Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
I get the feeling from going to a bunch of Flames fans boards that there isn't much respect for the Canucks. Everyone seems to think that the Canucks are a crappy team. There also seems to be so much joy at seeing another Canadian team out of the playoffs. All I will say is that the Canucks will make changes so that this will not happen again in the near future. I think Calgary is building a very good team but Sutter isn't the coach there in the longterm. No offense, but I have to cheer for the Wings in the next round cause I cheer against the team that beats the Canucks. I did the same with Minnesota last year. Good luck anyways, Flames fans.
Though I may haven't visited the exact boards you have, I think it's more of some Slames fans have no respect for the Vancouver fans who keep overhauling us with excuses of why they lost. For example, I am tired of hearing the "if we had Bertuzzi it would've been a different story" because how is that our fault as Flames fans? And why even go down that road. Bertuzzi made a mistake that eventually cost him his team a chance at the second round.

Nonetheless, I thought it was a great series and could have went either way. And i don't know how many times Myself and other Flames fans have said that Vancouver did indeed have the skill, but we just outworked them. But I guess the right thing to say is even though it seems that way, not every Flames fans thinks the Canucks are crap, we would be only kidding ourselves, and we have to start moving on to the Detroit series. As for your choice for cheering for the Red Wings, it's no hard feelings here... I mean there's no way I would have cheared for Vancouve if they had gone on to play San Jose. Fair is Fair.

Old
04-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Snakeeye

Quote:
I get the feeling from going to a bunch of Flames fans boards that there isn't much respect for the Canucks. Everyone seems to think that the Canucks are a crappy team. There also seems to be so much joy at seeing another Canadian team out of the playoffs.
Yeah man, you are right. Calgary Flames fans should not be so overjoyed that a Canadian team has been eliminated from the playoffs.

Oh, wait... The Canucks were eliminated by another Canadian team. The Flames! Seriously man. Do you really expect Flames fans to care about the fact that Vancouver is a Canadian team? Were we supposed to cheer for you to eliminate us or something?

Besides, the entire "Cheer for the Canadian teams" thing is garbage. I would love to see Philly take out Toronto in four games.

Besides, if you want respect, earn it. Jovonoski crying about losing on a "********* call", and Cooke taunting the Flames bench after tying game seven didnt earn a lot of respect. The jackass Canucks fan throwing his jacket into the middle of a live play didnt earn any respect. The whining about not having Bertuzzi, about the Canucks simply not playing their game. About all of Calgary's goals being lucky. About the referees screwing you over. Wah wah wah.

Old
04-21-2004, 09:39 AM
VO #23

Other than their classless players, loudmouth GM, whiny coach, and annoying fans, I have no problem with the Vancouver Canucks. :lol

Old
04-21-2004, 09:42 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
I think it has more to do with the respect we got from Canuck fans earlier. Before the series started you guys wouldn't admit we held an advantage in any area. We thought we were catching up to some of the better teams in the league, but you guys said there wasn't room for us. Well, we just made room by kicking you out.

And BTW - if you had Sutter for a coach, you wouldn't be crying right now.

Old
04-21-2004, 10:27 AM
avalanche_country

Quote:
Other than their classless players, loudmouth GM, whiny coach, and annoying fans, I have no problem with the Vancouver Canucks.

Old
04-21-2004, 10:37 AM
VO #23

^^^^^

How profound.

Old
04-21-2004, 10:56 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO #23
Other than their classless players, loudmouth GM, whiny coach, and annoying fans, I have no problem with the Vancouver Canucks. :lol
Go Flames!

Old
04-21-2004, 11:06 AM
OMA

Quote:
I get the feeling from going to a bunch of Flames fans boards that there isn't much respect for the Canucks. Everyone seems to think that the Canucks are a crappy team.
Where did anybody say the Canucks were a crappy team? Almost every Flame fan has acknowledged that this series was a war. The majority of us fans believe that Calgary is way too beat up to put up a good fight against the Wings because of our series with the Canucks.

Then from Vancouver, All we've heard the whole series is that Calgary played pretty good. BUT that the Canucks would have won if Bertuzzi and Cloutier played in the series. That almost all of our goals were fluke.

If anything, it's the other way around.

As for the Canadian team thing. It's called rivalry. You can bet that it would be the EXACT same way if you guys had knocked us out. Add in the fact that we haven't won in 15 years, and yeah.. people are going to be excited. We're sorry if that hurts your feelings

Last edited by OMA: 04-21-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old
04-21-2004, 11:14 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

The Canucks lost thier identity when they changed thier team colors. Same with the Sabres.

Old
04-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

This coming from fans who said our #1 defensemen would be hardpressed to make your top 5?

There's no respect for the Canucks because the majority of your fans didn't show us any respect. You've made it easy to despise you and your team.

Old
04-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
I get the feeling from going to a bunch of Flames fans boards that there isn't much respect for the Canucks. Everyone seems to think that the Canucks are a crappy team. There also seems to be so much joy at seeing another Canadian team out of the playoffs.
Wahhh wahhh wahhh

Canucks a crappy team? No, they are damn talented. I said your players could stickhandle in a phone booth for gods sake. But what I also said is they have no heart, and some (ie. Ruutu, Jovo, Cooke) no class.

Great joy in seeing a Canadian team out? For gods sake, Calgary is a Canadian team too! Only one of them was gonna make it to the next round.

Old
04-21-2004, 03:55 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
There's no respect for the Canucks because the majority of your fans didn't show us any respect. You've made it easy to despise you and your team.
Agreed. Simple, but true

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
04-21-2004, 04:09 PM
DarioinDenver

I actually think a lot of people have a healthy respect for the relative strength of the Vancouver fan's arm. I mean, Jackets, pumpkins, bottles, garbage etc... Not to mention the fact they seem to be at the ready at the first sign of adversity.

Old
04-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

I read the HF Canucks board extensively during the first round.

Let me ask you one simple question Koltsov, why should Flames fans respect your team so much when it's clear that half your fans don't really think your team is an elite contender? I saw the bandwagon jumpers when the Flames went up 3-2 in the series. I saw the calls to retool/rebuild when you finally lost. Maybe you should be doing damage control with your own fans before demanding respect from the fans of the team you just lost to?

Didn't you guarantee the Canucks would win the series? When are those balls coming off?

Quote:
nope, they will Game 7 too, I'll make the same bet for that one too. If they lose, like everyone thinks they will but me, you won't have to deal with me anymore, you can banish me to Canucks.com, cut my balls off for all I care. Yes, I'm so confident, I'll put my balls on the line for this team, the team better not let me down.
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...4&page=2&pp=15

Sounds like someone didn't respect the Flames enough perhaps you should be looking in the mirror?

Last edited by Flames Draft Watcher: 04-21-2004 at 06:29 PM.
Old
04-21-2004, 06:54 PM
DBC Tweeker

Quote:
I get the feeling from going to a bunch of Flames fans boards that there isn't much respect for the Canucks.
I'm getting a feeling your being a poor loser.

Gentlemen (and women), this poster refered to Sutter as a "clown" on the Canucks forum after the Canucks lost. You should not lecture us about respect.

Old
04-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Ozy_Flame

Holy crap Koltsov, give it up! First you're complaining about the quality of Sutter's PR skills, and now you're calling the fans out on not respecting Canucks fans? It's people like you that just don't shut up as to why Cancuks fans probably DON'T get the respect you want. I'd say both sides have been within reasonable bounds for the most part, but I have never so far this year seen a Canucks fan so adamant about tearing a hole into the Flames. You must have some vendetta or something because it is now TWO days after the win, and your STILL making excuses for the woes of the Vancouver Canucks. How sad.

Old
04-24-2004, 03:38 AM
Tom.H

Take it from at least one Canuck fan (me), I was impressed with the way the Flames played in the series.
I have always been a big fan of Iginla and I just got some respect for your coach, not to mention your goaltending. Any chance we could trade goalies in the off season?

No I don't believe the Canucks played to their full potential, but I don't want to use that as an excuse. The bottom line is the Flames beat us fair and square.

I wonder how many Canuck fans are going to read this post, because reluctantly if there is room on the Flames bandwagon, I would like to jump on

Old
04-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBC Tweeker
this poster refered to Sutter as a "clown" on the Canucks forum after the Canucks lost.
If it'll take get us to the next round, Sutter is welcome to wear a pointed hat and red nose.

Old
04-24-2004, 09:42 AM
johnny cool

Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
why in god's name should anyone respect a team that's basically the NHL equivalent of the Syracuse Bulldogs from Slap Shot?

Bertuzzi= Oglethorpe

Old
04-24-2004, 11:32 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
if you're a true vancouver fan, then you would be cheering for the flames to win the stanley cup...your team could then say they lost to the eventual champion and not an also-ran...this is how you give credit to your team...

04-24-2004, 11:55 AM
the-rasta-masta

Send a message via MSN to the-rasta-masta
To me, and I know many other people who feel this way, Canucks fans are becoming Leaf Fans West. And it's not only Flames fans that feel this way. And I'm not saying this about all Canuck fans, because there are some really intelligent posters, but some of them are just like leaf fans.

Old
04-24-2004, 11:56 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Koltsov, what were you looking for as a reaction to your post, sympathy, respect?
Not getting either from me.

Old
04-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Peter Griffin

As a Canucks fan, I'm embarrassed by this thread. Why should Flames' fans show us any respect? We sure as hell didn't show them any respect until the series was over, when were beaten down and licking our wounds...

Old
04-24-2004, 08:37 PM
I in the Eye

Meh,

I never understood why some people care when another team's fan makes an insult about a given team or fanbase...

Why does it matter if some Flames fans think the Canucks suck (or visa versa)?!?

Why does it matter if some Flames fans think that Canucks fans are turkeys (or visa versa)?!?

Are people that insecure and looking for acceptance?!?

Who gives a **** if the Flames fans don't respect the Canucks... Who gives a **** if the Canucks fans don't respect the Flames...

Who gives a **** if some people who read this think I'm an idiot...

They may be right... They may be wrong...

Life is beautiful... Don't spend it wallowing in paranoid bogs of mistrust and betrayal...

This thread is absurd... deserves to be deleted...

Last edited by Badger Bob: 04-25-2004 at 10:32 AM. Reason: a lock's a fine compromise
Closed Thread