HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Lounge XVII (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Socks
HeadFake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
do you have sherpa? it's like the pandora of shopping apps. finds shops, restaurants, theatres etc. around your location.
I shall look for it.

Old
01-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
I ****ing hate women. I just got a text, not even a minute ago that says "hey sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, you're a really nice guy, but I just don't want to get involved with anyone right now."
Knowing this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savante View Post
Also, you think a 32 year old woman might have her stuff together, but there's two types of older women -- those who are single for a legit, honest reason, and those who are single because they're not with it. You might think at 32 she'd be ready to settle down, but age isn't necessarily an indication of having it together.
I'd say she's definitely one of these.

Old
01-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pony View Post
Knowing this...

I'd say she's definitely one of these.
...........And she just had another change of heart. Now she says she still likes me. What the **** did I just get myself into?

Old
01-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Happy Pony

Quote:
...........And she just had another change of heart. Now she says she still likes me. What the **** did I just get myself into?
Run away. Run far, far away.

Old
01-22-2010, 05:55 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Haven't been around women much, huh?

Maybe you should dial it back a bit...
Speaking from personal experience, when you're really good looking, it makes them scared.

Old
01-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Speaking from personal experience, when you're really good looking, it makes them scared.

Quote:
Well there's a woman's (and Bobby Brown's) prerogative to change their mind all the time, but that's a bit sudden.

Keep living your life, keep looking and in a couple week's she's still interested *maybe* Just don't get hung up on her this early in the game

Old
01-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pony View Post
Run away. Run far, far away.
time for the proverbial....THIS....

and atleast you heard back from her....6 days now since I last heard from mine....and we were actually dating....oh well, time for a nice long night at the bar tonight...the Captain (no not Nash) and I will become very good friends tonight...

Old
01-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

hmmmm 6 days later I hear from girlie....she had some "personal and family issues to deal with and secluded herself from pretty much everyone"...can't send a 10 second text that says "Hey, dealing with some things, but i'll be ok, will call you soon and fill you in"????

sketchy...

Old
01-22-2010, 10:11 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:

Old
01-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
hmmmm 6 days later I hear from girlie....she had some "personal and family issues to deal with and secluded herself from pretty much everyone"...can't send a 10 second text that says "Hey, dealing with some things, but i'll be ok, will call you soon and fill you in"????

sketchy...
I've been there. Time to cut it off. If she can't be bothered to do that for you then you aren't that important to her.

Old
01-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
oh well, time for a nice long night at the bar tonight...the Captain (no not Nash) and I will become very good friends tonight...
I'll join ya and we'll pick up some new broads.

Old
01-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Not sure why Johnny Depp feels he has to do a fourth Pirates movie, especially now that Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightley are out. Unless it's something contractual, it isn't as if he needs the money. And the third movie ended the franchise perfectly well.

Old
01-22-2010, 05:13 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
This means she had something else brewing that didn't work out and you're a nifty back-up. Don't let this discourage you from hitting it. Just leave your feelings out of the equation and maybe you'll both have a good time.

Old
01-22-2010, 05:23 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
This means she had something else brewing that didn't work out and you're a nifty back-up. Don't let this discourage you from hitting it. Just leave your feelings out of the equation and maybe you'll both have a good time.
I can certainly see why so many of you have to turn to a hockey chat board for romantic advice!

Old
01-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Not sure why Johnny Depp feels he has to do a fourth Pirates movie, especially now that Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightley are out. Unless it's something contractual, it isn't as if he needs the money. And the third movie ended the franchise perfectly well.
Depp made that franchise, anyway. Now that I see Geoffrey Rush is still on board, I might even be more interested in the next movie, especially if they aren't saddled with a pretty young pup. (Note: I like Bloom and Keira, but I love Depp and Rush.)

Didn't love the movies, myself, but I've never seen a poor performance from Depp. So, I won't complain.

Last edited by Renion: 01-22-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old
01-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
Depp made that franchise, anyway. Now that I see Geoffrey Rush is still on board, I might even be more interested in the next movie, especially if they aren't saddled with a pretty young pup. (Note: I like Bloom and Kiera, but I love Depp and Rush.)

Didn't love the movies, myself, but I've never seen a poor performance from Depp. So, I won't complain.
Oh, definitely, it's Depp's franchise. I guess I just don't think there should be a fourth one. I do like Geoffrey Rush, and didn't see that he was still signed on, so that'll make it more palatable. But, like it or not (and seeing that I like Keira Knightley only slightly better than Orlando Bloom - seriously the guy is like a perpetual elf no matter what the role - I lean toward not), Will and Elizabeth are two major characters, so going forward without them is a potential risk.

Old
01-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Oh, definitely, it's Depp's franchise. I guess I just don't think there should be a fourth one. I do like Geoffrey Rush, and didn't see that he was still signed on, so that'll make it more palatable. But, like it or not (and seeing that I like Keira Knightley only slightly better than Orlando Bloom - seriously the guy is like a perpetual elf no matter what the role - I lean toward not), Will and Elizabeth are two major characters, so going forward without them is a potential risk.
Oh, I definitely know where you're coming from about a fourth in the series. And yes, I was just spouting my own opinion about Depp and the franchise: I think it would have been successful whether Bloom and Keira were on board or not (no pun intended), but there's no question they increased the interest in some quarters, and that interest might be lessened without them.

I agree about Bloom. I've most enjoyed him in Kingdom of Heaven and Elizabethtown. (Well, I am a LotR fan as well, despite some complaints.) I kept telling everyone that Bloom actually looked somewhat manly (heavy?) in KoH. Still had many of his usual qualities, but at least he stretched his wings a tad.

Last edited by Renion: 01-22-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old
01-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Did you know that Minuscule 541, a fragmentary manuscript of the New Testament, has an unusual number of Iotacistic errors?

01-22-2010, 08:52 PM
skimp

Yes.

Old
01-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Did you know that Minuscule 541, a fragmentary manuscript of the New Testament, has an unusual number of Iotacistic errors?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minuscule_541

Quote:
In 1922 it was acquired for the University of Michigan.[10]

It is currently housed at the University of Michigan (Ms. Inv. No. 23b) in Ann Arbor.

Old
01-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Ar-too

Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Anyone else think that today's weather is the very worst that central Ohio has to offer on a regular basis?

I don't mind cold, and I don't mind gray really. But cold, gray, and drizzly? Plenty of reasons to live, days like today are not among them.

Old
01-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Taste the soup:

A top 5 comedy for me!

Old
01-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
Anyone else think that today's weather is the very worst that central Ohio has to offer on a regular basis?

I don't mind cold, and I don't mind gray really. But cold, gray, and drizzly? Plenty of reasons to live, days like today are not among them.
I love freezing temperatures and snow. I HATE HATE HATE 39 and rainy. I get way more cold from the latter than the former.

Old
01-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
I love freezing temperatures and snow. I HATE HATE HATE 39 and rainy. I get way more cold from the latter than the former.
it really sucks that Seattle and England are 39 and rainy kind of places, because they're two of my favorite places on the planet, and I would really think about moving to one of them if they didn't have that kind of weather.

Old
01-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

I think you guys are nuts, I would rather have anything but snow, I'll take rain all the time over snow.

Closed Thread