HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Anyone here play here in the PS3 EASHL league?

Old
01-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Jussha

vCash: 500
OT: Anyone here play here in the PS3 EASHL league?

I saw HD post about PS3 2010 and it got me curious, how many of you guys play the game in the EASHL and what teams are you on and how do you describe your style of play?

For my 15 seconds of fame, I can proudly state that in PS3 NHL09 EASHL, my team, the 780 Cookie Monsters was the number 1 ranked team in the world for about 1 to 1 & 1/2 months lol. Unfortunately, due to lack of time, me and my buddies couldn't play and make that push for the playoffs in the summer.

With NHL10, same story, me and my buddies couldn't find time to continue our team, so I just play casually on a couple other teams. I confidently believe though that I have the best slap shot one timer in the game lol. Next time I play I should take some video and show some of the awesome set up plays me and bro do to get off the slap shot one timer. Without my slap one timer though I have a leg kick wrist shot goal that is pretty money on manual defenders, but outside of those 2 moves I'm pretty useless lol. I find NHL10 a lot harder to dangle and burn players one on one.

So any of you guys play on the PS3?

Jussha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Flowah

I'd love to be able to play on a team. I'm not very good but it's hard to get better online when most players don't have mics or care to do teamwork. And out of my group of friends, either they don't have PS3's, or they don't like hockey (WHAT?!?!?) or they don't play video games

NHL10, I've played people who could just dangle the hell out of me. It was ridiculous. But that may be because I am bad or something.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Bob Probert Owns You
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Bob Probert Owns You
Is NHL 10 much better than NHL 09? I didn't get 10 and got Madden instead. I would pick it up if an online team was forming.

Bob Probert Owns You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Franzenstein

Send a message via AIM to Franzenstein
I'm on a pretty solid team. Our Defense gives up more breakaways than a Meech-Lebda line but we usually can handle it . I play on the xbox though. PS3 or the xbox, NHL 10 is great game. If anybody here plays on the xbox, hit me up.

Franzenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:41 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Sign me up.
I'd love to get on a team, however that works.

That game has so much potential, but it's such a let down. Too many jeggoffs who quit as soon as they are down 2-0.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Flowah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You View Post
Is NHL 10 much better than NHL 09? I didn't get 10 and got Madden instead. I would pick it up if an online team was forming.
If you've got 09, I'm not sure it's worth fullprice to get 10. But, 10 adds things that makes it a much more complete game. Boardplay for example. How does any game claiming to be a hockey simulator not have boardplay? Boardplay is huge in real hockey. And then there's just a few little tweaks here and there that make it a better experience.

Old
01-19-2010, 08:26 AM
LegendaryNumber5
C-A-P-S

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
If you've got 09, I'm not sure it's worth fullprice to get 10. But, 10 adds things that makes it a much more complete game. Boardplay for example. How does any game claiming to be a hockey simulator not have boardplay? Boardplay is huge in real hockey. And then there's just a few little tweaks here and there that make it a better experience.
The boardplay is nice but it could still be ramped up a bit. It is pretty much ohh I'm tied up watch me kick it out. I want to see people in there hacking and fighting.

LegendaryNumber5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 08:29 AM
LegendaryNumber5
C-A-P-S

vCash: 250
Quote:
I'd love to be able to play on a team. I'm not very good but it's hard to get better online when most players don't have mics or care to do teamwork. And out of my group of friends, either they don't have PS3's, or they don't like hockey (WHAT?!?!?) or they don't play video games

NHL10, I've played people who could just dangle the hell out of me. It was ridiculous. But that may be because I am bad or something.
Nah it is weird, with some people it feels like they have 15 people out on the ice, and I can barely make it into the ozone. I wouldn't consider myself bad, I am like 23-10 or something like that. I feel that some people know something I don't though, I have a pretty decent hockey IQ. I found that setting all the lines to crash the net works very well. You can get 2-3 garbage goals a game with all the juicy rebounds.

LegendaryNumber5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:53 AM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Sign me up.
I'd love to get on a team, however that works.

That game has so much potential, but it's such a let down. Too many jeggoffs who quit as soon as they are down 2-0.
Just wait till EA comes out with 'Broom Ball 2011'.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 11:46 AM
RedMenace
100% Less Babcock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
Nice personal jab, there. I really need to keep you on the ignore list.

On topic: I can't decide between NHL '10 for the PS3 or the 360. I hate the PS3's controller, but it seems more people play on the PS3. Oh, the decisions.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 11:52 AM
14ari13

I play NHL 09, but I have not tried online yet. I do not feel like I am good enough.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 11:56 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post

mmmmm broom ball.
I love broom ball.
I learned how to drink while playing in a broomball league with a bunch of French Canadians.

Broomball. And Beer.
Good times.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 11:59 AM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Llama View Post
Yes, it was a vicious, well-nigh nuclear assault.

Quote:
On topic: I can't decide between NHL '10 for the PS3 or the 360. I hate the PS3's controller, but it seems more people play on the PS3. Oh, the decisions.
Coke and Pepsi, probably.

Someday we'll have Cloud gaming and we won't have to worry about this junk.

Old
01-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Jussha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Llama View Post

From what I've heard from the forum community for the EASHL online league, the PS3 side I believe likely consists of more adults as you get a lot of ******'s on the xbox side that say either racist or derogatory things on the headsets or will message you after losses to just say things of irrelevance and waste your time. A couple of my friends who have played on both say that is indeed the case, but it does exist on the PS3 side as well, but most ppl seem pretty cool in the league.

In regards to 09 vs 10, I think 10 is much better representation of real hockey with the addition of board play and the 360 degree passing. In 09 its extremely easy to score (there are still a tonne of glitch goals in 09), and passing is a lot faster and quicker that a lot of good teams can easily run up scores just by setting up one timers. In 10 the passing is not nearly as accurate and the passes don't move as fast that it's a lot easier for defenders to intercept them or at least deflect them out of the way. The top teams in 09 averaged anywhere from 4.5 to 5 goals per game, whereas in 10 its probably around 2.5-3.5 goals per game.

If there is a enough people here who want to actually play this game online in the EASHL. I don't mind starting up and managing a team, or we can just use the team that I recently made just to play for fun whenever my buds actually have time to play. If people are interested just give me a shout and I'm sure we can get a team going. Ideally I'd hope we can get 6 guys, cause when you play other teams 6 vs 6 the games get really intense and fun, its not as fun when its 3 versus 3 and you have to deal with the stupid ass CPU

Old
01-19-2010, 12:06 PM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
mmmmm broom ball.
I love broom ball.
I learned how to drink while playing in a broomball league with a bunch of French Canadians.

Broomball. And Beer.
Good times.
The phrase 'I learned to drink while ---------- with a bunch of French Canadians' is one that, if you live in the Metro Detroit area and spent any time at all across the border, you've had cause to utter at least once.

Mine was 'I learned to drink while playing the full-sized cabinet bar game where you punch the speed bag as hard as you can with a bunch of French Canadians.'

Have you ever seen a slightly intoxicated French Canadian punch something as hard as they possibly can? Maybe.

Now, have you ever seen a moderately intoxicated gay French Canadian punch something as hard as they possibly can? Almost certainly not.

It's on my top 5, all-time, seared-into-memory laugh list.

Old
01-19-2010, 12:48 PM
chances14

Quote:

or you just have a life and dont play nhl10 24 hours a day?

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Flowah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings1421 View Post
or you just have a life and dont play nhl10 24 hours a day?
According to my friends, I watch way too much hockey for that

I got some friends skating recently though, and they love it. Bahaha. More people need to appreciate this glorious sport..

Old
01-20-2010, 11:17 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussha View Post
From what I've heard from the forum community for the EASHL online league, the PS3 side I believe likely consists of more adults as you get a lot of ******'s on the xbox side that say either racist or derogatory things on the headsets or will message you after losses to just say things of irrelevance and waste your time. A couple of my friends who have played on both say that is indeed the case, but it does exist on the PS3 side as well, but most ppl seem pretty cool in the league.

In regards to 09 vs 10, I think 10 is much better representation of real hockey with the addition of board play and the 360 degree passing. In 09 its extremely easy to score (there are still a tonne of glitch goals in 09), and passing is a lot faster and quicker that a lot of good teams can easily run up scores just by setting up one timers. In 10 the passing is not nearly as accurate and the passes don't move as fast that it's a lot easier for defenders to intercept them or at least deflect them out of the way. The top teams in 09 averaged anywhere from 4.5 to 5 goals per game, whereas in 10 its probably around 2.5-3.5 goals per game.

If there is a enough people here who want to actually play this game online in the EASHL. I don't mind starting up and managing a team, or we can just use the team that I recently made just to play for fun whenever my buds actually have time to play. If people are interested just give me a shout and I'm sure we can get a team going. Ideally I'd hope we can get 6 guys, cause when you play other teams 6 vs 6 the games get really intense and fun, its not as fun when its 3 versus 3 and you have to deal with the stupid ass CPU
I do not find it easy to score in '09. I started to play 2-3 days ago so I am still learning, but maybe you can give me some hints how to score.

Old
01-20-2010, 12:56 PM
ashenhigh

My gf got me a PS3 with NHL10 for xmas. I have already played a full dynasty season and won the cup, plus like 50 online games...... Im playing too much.

EVERYONE - TURN YOUR GAME SPEED UP ONE NOTCH

-Makes all the difference in the world.

ashenhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Jussha

So I started up a team last night for NHL10 if anyone is interested in playing just add the PSN ID

lookjohnny

to your friends list and let me know you are from the wings board and I'll invite you to the team. Ideally we could use a right hand shot LW, dmen, and if anyone wants to try, a goalie lol.

hopefully a couple of people here wanna give it a shot. I usually am on a bit later at night though, 10-11 est for most parts

Old
01-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Jussha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
I do not find it easy to score in '09. I started to play 2-3 days ago so I am still learning, but maybe you can give me some hints how to score.
which mode are you playing? dynasty, or just online versus?

Old
01-24-2010, 02:30 PM
14ari13

Quote:
which mode are you playing? dynasty, or just online versus?
Dynasty.

Old
01-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Jussha

Quote:
Dynasty.
This is the cheapest way to score in the game, its called the curve or slingshot goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJYxVDtHDY

The patches to NHL09 made it less effective, but with enough practice any player with decent wrist shot power and accuracy ratings can often beat the goalie with this move.

You might also want to take a crack at making your own created play to set up the one timers.

With a left hand shot, as you go up the ice on the left side and approach the defender, use the skill stick to manual deke your stick to the right, then quickly manual deke with the skill stick to the left. The defender will often freeze or try and stick lift and miss, as you skate above him pass to the right wing for the easy one timer (if he is left hand shot this works like money). The only problem is your right wing might not charge in hard to finish the one timer, and why it might work to set up a created play so you can have the right wing skate into the hot spot for the tap in one timer.

It is also easy to score wrist shot goals if you use the skill stick to full curl the puck behind you before firing it (if you are left hand shot approach at right side and go hard straight to the left as you are almost aligned with the goalie above you thats when you do the curl with the skill stick before shooting and then you pick the corner closer to your player, it works exact opposite for a right hand shot)

I wish I still had my 09 copy so I could take quick vids in practice mode for the goals, but hopefully this helps you out a bit. Let me know if you need any other pointers.

Old
01-27-2010, 09:53 AM
14ari13

Quote:
This is the cheapest way to score in the game, its called the curve or slingshot goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJYxVDtHDY

The patches to NHL09 made it less effective, but with enough practice any player with decent wrist shot power and accuracy ratings can often beat the goalie with this move.

You might also want to take a crack at making your own created play to set up the one timers.

With a left hand shot, as you go up the ice on the left side and approach the defender, use the skill stick to manual deke your stick to the right, then quickly manual deke with the skill stick to the left. The defender will often freeze or try and stick lift and miss, as you skate above him pass to the right wing for the easy one timer (if he is left hand shot this works like money). The only problem is your right wing might not charge in hard to finish the one timer, and why it might work to set up a created play so you can have the right wing skate into the hot spot for the tap in one timer.

It is also easy to score wrist shot goals if you use the skill stick to full curl the puck behind you before firing it (if you are left hand shot approach at right side and go hard straight to the left as you are almost aligned with the goalie above you thats when you do the curl with the skill stick before shooting and then you pick the corner closer to your player, it works exact opposite for a right hand shot)

I wish I still had my 09 copy so I could take quick vids in practice mode for the goals, but hopefully this helps you out a bit. Let me know if you need any other pointers.
Thanks. I have not tried it yet.

Old
01-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Franzenstein

Send a message via AIM to Franzenstein
Quote:
Thanks. I have not tried it yet.
This is how you get it done in NHL 10.

Franzenstein is offline   Reply With Quote