HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulldogs Game 1 Attendance = 1,981 ???

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Blunt182

vCash: 500
Bulldogs Game 1 Attendance = 1,981 ???

Is this a mistake? Did they really only get under 2000 fans for game 1?
I guess you can blame the Leaf and Jays game but still, it has to be a mistake.
Did anyone go who can confirm this?

Old
04-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Legolas

I wasn't there, but I know there are still really good seats available for Game 2, so the low number for Game 1 sounds about right. I'm probably going to the second game. Even though I live in Toronto and not Hamilton, I heard nothing about the first game, there was zero promotion whatsoever. Cleveland beat the Roadrunners before this round so if it had been Toronto-Hamilton, probably a bigger turnout.

Of note, Plekanec had 3 assists and was the first star, Damphousse got the shutout on only 17 shots, Perezhogin had a goal and two assists and Hossa, Thinel and Milroy had the other goals. Box score is here:

http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/20...20/430014.html

Old
04-21-2004, 09:26 AM
Razorblade

Yes, it was definitely that empty last night. It was quite sad, even with the Laffs playing last night. If you live in the area, and are a Habs fan, you really have no excuse not to come, the tickets are so much cheaper than the NHL, and the quality of play is almost as good. Although this seems to happen every year, they'll end the season with an average of 6000 or so a game for the last quarter of the season, and then the first round is terrible, mostly because there aren't as many giveaways as far as tickets go. Even when they went to the Calder Cup for the first time against the Bears, the attendance wasn't great, but it definitely was last year against the Aeros.

The Dogs dominated the Barons in the third period, and the intensity on the ice was quite high in the third. Damphousse played well with what he was tested with, and Plekanec had a big night. Hopefully a bigger crowd shows up on Sunday, its a real intensity killer to the Dogs when there's such a sparse crowd. Go Dogs!

Old
04-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Blunt182

I live in Toronto and have attended a few games. I'm planning on going to a weekend game but not this Sunday. The HABS are playing so I'm watching that!!!
Hopefully they move on to the next round so I can catch a playoff game!

Old
04-21-2004, 10:36 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt182
Is this a mistake? Did they really only get under 2000 fans for game 1?
I guess you can blame the Leaf and Jays game but still, it has to be a mistake.
Did anyone go who can confirm this?

In the barons first round, they had 800 or so at one game. If the leafs weren't playing game 7, the attendance would have been better.

I am pissed off though, as the game was not broadcast by 820 cham. I had to listen to the barons feed, cause Hamilton once again forgot to tell the company sportsjuice to book the time so the game would be aired. This happened in every round last year, and I had to bug the people at sportsjuice several times to get the games on the air. What kind of company doesn't have a simple task like this taken care of? :mad:

Old
04-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Perfect_Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade
the tickets are so much cheaper than the NHL, and the quality of play is almost as good.
How much are the tickets?

Old
04-21-2004, 12:19 PM
ThePuckster

Send a message via AIM to ThePuckster Send a message via Yahoo to ThePuckster
Hiya

I know for our games (I'm a Barons fan) we are lucky to get around 5,000 so if you would decide to travel to our games-the chances are you would get pretty good seats still We might get more for the play-offs here-I'm hoping at least! Just a little info for future reference...sides we don't mind a little rivalry Actually, it was kinda neat when we had the Toronto fans down for the semi-qualifying round. Those games were held at a different rink though cause ours was booked for the dates we were given, now we are back at our arena, thank goodness.

Closed Thread