HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

What do you think of other teams' enforcers/fighters?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2010, 08:34 PM
  #1
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 10,750
vCash: 500
What do you think of other teams' enforcers/fighters?

Simple. Post your team's fighters. Others will comment on what they think of them. Such as, how much you know about them. What interests you about them? Do you notice them/do they strike fear into you when you see them on the ice against your team? Are they good fighters? Any other comments.

So I'll start:

Here are the Devils' fighters.

David Clarkson
Andrew Peters
Pierre-Luc Létourneau-Leblond
Bryce Salvador
Mark Fraser

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 03:56 PM
  #2
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 10,750
vCash: 500
anybody???

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 05:59 PM
  #3
moog35
Registered User
 
moog35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Simple. Post your team's fighters. Others will comment on what they think of them. Such as, how much you know about them. What interests you about them? Do you notice them/do they strike fear into you when you see them on the ice against your team? Are they good fighters? Any other comments.

So I'll start:

Here are the Devils' fighters.

David Clarkson
Andrew Peters
Pierre-Luc Létourneau-Leblond
Bryce Salvador
Mark Fraser
I dont really know much about Fraser and Leblond

I really like David Clarkson, he is a good player and a good middleweight who gets in lots of fights

Not a huge fan of Peters, he doesn't fight as much as he used to and is a pretty crappy player

Salvador is very under rated, he doesn't fight much but when he does he usually wins and has taken on some tough opponents

What do the people think about the Canucks tough players?
Darcy Hordichuk
Rick Rypien
Tanner Glass
Shane O'Brien
Kevin Bieksa

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 06:12 PM
  #4
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 10,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moog35 View Post
I dont really know much about Fraser and Leblond

I really like David Clarkson, he is a good player and a good middleweight who gets in lots of fights

Not a huge fan of Peters, he doesn't fight as much as he used to and is a pretty crappy player

Salvador is very under rated, he doesn't fight much but when he does he usually wins and has taken on some tough opponents

What do the people think about the Canucks tough players?
Darcy Hordichuk
Rick Rypien
Tanner Glass
Shane O'Brien
Kevin Bieksa
Hordichuk-Good fighter who takes on some big boys despite only being a light heavy.

Rypien-What can I say? P4P best fighter. He is small, yet is an incredibly skilled fighter.

Glass-An okay fighter. Doesn't have great size and not an incredibly impressive resume.

O'Brien-Has very good size. Has won most of his fights in the last 2 years but, has had a size advantage in each fight.

Bieksa-Decent middleweight who doesn't fight much.


I'll represent the Devils' most hated rival, the New York Rangers.

What do you guys think?

Brashear
Voros
Avery
Boyle

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 06:53 PM
  #5
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Hordichuk-Good fighter who takes on some big boys despite only being a light heavy.

Rypien-What can I say? P4P best fighter. He is small, yet is an incredibly skilled fighter.

Glass-An okay fighter. Doesn't have great size and not an incredibly impressive resume.

O'Brien-Has very good size. Has won most of his fights in the last 2 years but, has had a size advantage in each fight.

Bieksa-Decent middleweight who doesn't fight much.


I'll represent the Devils' most hated rival, the New York Rangers.

What do you guys think?

Brashear
Voros
Avery
Boyle
Brashear: Has fallen off a bit the last few years, can still win his share but is a boring hugger

Voros: Nice size but gets the crap beaten out of him most times. Has improved a bit this year

Avery: Willing but not the best scrapper, he isn't horrible though.

Boyle: Great size but a really bad and awkward fighter.


Here are the Oilers fighters:
Stortini
Souray
Strudwick
Jean Francois Jacques

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 08:10 PM
  #6
Tommy D
Registered User
 
Tommy D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island NY
Country: United States
Posts: 751
vCash: 500
Is it just me but does it seem like the only way Avery ever comes out on top is when he goats his partner to fight at the end of his shift?

Just my 2 cents.

Tommy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:52 AM
  #7
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 10,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D View Post
Is it just me but does it seem like the only way Avery ever comes out on top is when he goats his partner to fight at the end of his shift?

Just my 2 cents.
Seconded. He did it to Mottau earlier this season.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:54 AM
  #8
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
anybody???
Yeah, anybody?

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:19 AM
  #9
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."
 
CBJSprague24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 52mi from the Nat
Country: United States
Posts: 6,828
vCash: 500
Columbus:
Derek Dorsett
Jared Boll
Mike Blunden
Mike Commodore (will go if needed)
Mathieu Roy (first major of the year was Tuesday against Philly, but he's shown he can go...had a couple nice pre-season scraps)

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:19 AM
  #10
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,491
vCash: 500
Montreal
The Hot Dog Vendor
The Girls sitting behind Carey Price's Goal.


Not that Laraque was fighting anyway

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:43 AM
  #11
beds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
bruins

Chara
Lucic
Stuart
Thornton
McQuaid/Boychuk

beds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 02:40 PM
  #12
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Montreal
The Hot Dog Vendor
The Girls sitting behind Carey Price's Goal.


Not that Laraque was fighting anyway
Pretty much. The Habs have players who fight on occasion they don't have a fighter. Moens a tough guy but he isn't going to strike fear into anyone. Same goes for O'Byrne, Mara and Gill. Laraque was our only "fighter" and we all know how well he did his job

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 02:42 PM
  #13
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Simple. Post your team's fighters. Others will comment on what they think of them. Such as, how much you know about them. What interests you about them? Do you notice them/do they strike fear into you when you see them on the ice against your team? Are they good fighters? Any other comments.

So I'll start:

Here are the Devils' fighters.

David Clarkson
Andrew Peters

Pierre-Luc Létourneau-Leblond
Bryce Salvador
Mark Fraser
I always liked Clarkson he's s exactly what the Habs need. A guy who fights often/defends teammates but can also score goals.

I've seen Peters quite a bit and never really had any use for him. He's a decent heavyweight but what else can he do?

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 08:24 AM
  #14
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 10,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
I always liked Clarkson he's s exactly what the Habs need. A guy who fights often/defends teammates but can also score goals.

I've seen Peters quite a bit and never really had any use for him. He's a decent heavyweight but what else can he do?
nothing. he is a ****** player and not a great fighter although his last 2 fights have been decent. He beat Koci.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:42 AM
  #15
rocknrollnobody
Registered User
 
rocknrollnobody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Hordichuk-Good fighter who takes on some big boys despite only being a light heavy.

Rypien-What can I say? P4P best fighter. He is small, yet is an incredibly skilled fighter.

Glass-An okay fighter. Doesn't have great size and not an incredibly impressive resume.
Rypien always seems to be willing to take on anyone who thinks they're better than him, and usually he wins. He's definitely a player I always hope never comes to blows with my team.

Glass tries hard, but I've seen better. He's full of determination, but there's not a lot to back it up with.

rocknrollnobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 02:03 PM
  #16
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
nothing. he is a ****** player and not a great fighter although his last 2 fights have been decent. He beat Koci.
This made me laugh...a buddy of mine is a Sabres fan and he'd agree with you.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 04:31 PM
  #17
DaDucks
Registered User
 
DaDucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 500
Ill make my own notes if u dont mind.. i dont need to hear any Sens, Kings or wings fans critiquing my fighters

Parros (fading heavyweight)
Mike Brown ( likes to hug fight too much)
Troy Bodie ( doens't care about his face, most entertaining on the team)
Kyle Chipchura (mmm.. not sure yet)
Sheldon Brookbank (nice little middle weight, wont kill anyone but nice clean style)
Boynton ( this guy is nutts, stood up to Boogaard)

DaDucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 04:35 PM
  #18
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 10,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
This made me laugh...a buddy of mine is a Sabres fan and he'd agree with you.
Haha well it's true dude. Worthless hockey player and doesn't use his size enough. Meh, whatever. He rarely plays anyway.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 04:42 PM
  #19
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 10,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Ill make my own notes if u dont mind.. i dont need to hear any Sens, Kings or wings fans critiquing my fighters

Parros (fading heavyweight)
Mike Brown ( likes to hug fight too much)
Troy Bodie ( doens't care about his face, most entertaining on the team)
Kyle Chipchura (mmm.. not sure yet)
Sheldon Brookbank (nice little middle weight, wont kill anyone but nice clean style)
Boynton ( this guy is nutts, stood up to Boogaard)
Parros-Lost his touch from a few years back but, still has good size. Always dangerous.

Brown-Eh not much here. He isn't big and his fights aren't entertaining. Doesn't scare me.

Bodie-I haven't seen much but, form what I have seen, he is very entertaining and has good size.

Chipchura-Meh

Brookbank-Didn't like him too much on the Devils except for when he beat Exelby.

Boynton-Tough son of a gun.


What do you guys think of the Penguins' fighters?

Godard
Rupp
Cooke
Talbot
Adams
Orpik
Guerin

The last 5 don't fight too often.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 04:53 PM
  #20
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,738
vCash: 500
Everyone else's seems to do their job properly while Montréal's does jack.

Well, Moen does, but honestly, isn't heavy weight and sure as hell can't do it himself. I bet deep down he regrets signing with the habs. Having to be a better than average middle weight and defending the entire team. Yeah...

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 05:06 AM
  #21
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker
 
superhakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Calgary:

Mcgratten
Prust
Iginla

With Phaneuf, Regehr, Giordano, Glencross, Nystrom, Bourque, Sarich, Pardy, Hell even Boyd, Conroy, and Jokinen have fought this year. I guess there is a reason why we lead the NHL in fighting majors.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 07:56 PM
  #22
Manny*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,200
vCash: 500
Ottawa:

Matt Carkner
Chris Neil
Jarkko Ruutu
Mike Fisher

-----------------

Brashear: Not a big fan. He's too old, and appears to be afraid to get hit. He often throws flurries of punches before his opponent is ready, which pisses me off. His hugging is a nuisance.

Parros: I like the guy. He's a good fighter with lots of power. Likes to keep it short, from what I've seen.

Cooke: I'm biased because of his knee-on-knee with Shean Donovan. He irritates me beyond belief. I remember Donovan coming back from his lengthy knee injury and challenging Cooke, who skated away, wide-eyed and shaking his head.

Rypien: Obviously an incredible fighter, especially considering his size. Has a lion's heart, and is fearless. It's hard not to like him. His only flaw might be aggressiveness. He gets hit a lot.

Chara: His main advantage is size, but he fights very well. His opponents are rarely at his level, however.

Peters: I don't really like him. Useless hockey player, and a sub-par fighter.

-----------------

Great idea for a thread. I'm curious to see what people think of Ottawa's fighters.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 10:24 PM
  #23
devsfan87
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in nc but from nj
Country: United States
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Hordichuk-Good fighter who takes on some big boys despite only being a light heavy.

Rypien-What can I say? P4P best fighter. He is small, yet is an incredibly skilled fighter.

Glass-An okay fighter. Doesn't have great size and not an incredibly impressive resume.

O'Brien-Has very good size. Has won most of his fights in the last 2 years but, has had a size advantage in each fight.

Bieksa-Decent middleweight who doesn't fight much.


I'll represent the Devils' most hated rival, the New York Rangers.

What do you guys think?

Brashear
Voros
Avery
Boyle
Brashear is past his prime but still has punching power.
Voros is a rockhead and does not match up well with other teams better fighters. Avery is a turtle. But nonetheless has a role wiht the Rangers. He is an agitator. He gets paid for that. And he can score a goal or two.
You should have included Dubinsky in your list. He can throw knuckles pretty good.

devsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 10:30 PM
  #24
devsfan87
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in nc but from nj
Country: United States
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Parros-Lost his touch from a few years back but, still has good size. Always dangerous.

Brown-Eh not much here. He isn't big and his fights aren't entertaining. Doesn't scare me.

Bodie-I haven't seen much but, form what I have seen, he is very entertaining and has good size.

Chipchura-Meh

Brookbank-Didn't like him too much on the Devils except for when he beat Exelby.

Boynton-Tough son of a gun.


What do you guys think of the Penguins' fighters?

Godard
Rupp
Cooke
Talbot
Adams
Orpik
Guerin

The last 5 don't fight too often.
Goddard can go a bit but poor balance makes him a middle of the road fighter.
Rupp is one of the best in the league. And he is playing far better than at any time in his career.

devsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 10:35 PM
  #25
devsfan87
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in nc but from nj
Country: United States
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Ottawa:

Matt Carkner
Chris Neil
Jarkko Ruutu
Mike Fisher

-----------------

Brashear: Not a big fan. He's too old, and appears to be afraid to get hit. He often throws flurries of punches before his opponent is ready, which pisses me off. His hugging is a nuisance.

Parros: I like the guy. He's a good fighter with lots of power. Likes to keep it short, from what I've seen.

Cooke: I'm biased because of his knee-on-knee with Shean Donovan. He irritates me beyond belief. I remember Donovan coming back from his lengthy knee injury and challenging Cooke, who skated away, wide-eyed and shaking his head.

Rypien: Obviously an incredible fighter, especially considering his size. Has a lion's heart, and is fearless. It's hard not to like him. His only flaw might be aggressiveness. He gets hit a lot.

Chara: His main advantage is size, but he fights very well. His opponents are rarely at his level, however.

Peters: I don't really like him. Useless hockey player, and a sub-par fighter.

-----------------

Great idea for a thread. I'm curious to see what people think of Ottawa's fighters.
Ruutu picks his battles too carefully to be considered a true NHL fighter. He won't go with the league's best. Ruutu also takes runs at skill players. That's gutless.
Carkner has the goods. With more experience he could go with the top guys in the league.
Neal is the gristled veteran brawler. Goes with anyone.

devsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.