HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wilson forcing Kaberle to waive???

Old
01-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Andrew Mack

vCash: 500
Kaberle to Buffalo makes sense, but I doubt Burke trades him to a divisional rival when he can simply wait a few months and trade him to a Western Conference squad.

That being said, Burke was apparently interested in Zach Kassian. He could be a part of a deal made.

Andrew Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 01:24 PM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymack1986 View Post
Kaberle to Buffalo makes sense, but I doubt Burke trades him to a divisional rival when he can simply wait a few months and trade him to a Western Conference squad.

That being said, Burke was apparently interested in Zach Kassian. He could be a part of a deal made.
Would love a deal based around Kassian.

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 01:59 PM
StanJonathan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailStefanovich View Post
Gomez.

Run along child. I've never seen a team give up so much to take on salary.
What's a matter Truth Hurt

StanJonathan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
Would love a deal based around Kassian.
To Toronto: Kassian + Stafford + draft pick

Burke/Wilson seem to be very interested in a couple things, U.S born players and Size/Tenacity.... Drew Stafford is a player that has a little of all this, and is supremely talented.

- Chris Higgins, is another US born player with size, whose about to be a UFA, and he's also a very close friend of Mike Komisarek. I'd say there is about a 50% chance he's on the Leaf roster next season.

- I want Moore back, so I pencilled him in out of personal interest, but

Next season:

Stalberg Kadri Kessel
Kulemin Bozak Stafford
Blake Higgins Stempniak or (Higgins Moore Blake)
Orr Mayers Rosehill

Gunnarsson Komisarek
Beauchemin White
Schenn -----

-----
Gustavsson

Tough/skilled/fast/big/young.... just what Dr. Burke ordered. This Group could be together for years, with Beauchemin/Blake the only guy over 30 (not including the 4th line).

..... unlikely, but still I expect Burke to trade Kaberle for an NHL ready prospect, and not a draft pick.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 02:59 PM
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJonathan View Post
What's a matter Truth Hurt
I thought you were a Habs fan. At least you can join me in laughing at Gomez.

I'm not sure what is supposed to hurt about the Kessel trade on the Leafs end. These two years are weak draft years. I'm happy with the trade, Kessel is a great player and his playmaking ability is starting to shine having players to pass to. He isn't as one-sided as some would love to believe. The Leafs have a lot of salary being cleared, and some decent prospects coming up. They will be just fine.

It does make me wonder why Bruins fans are constantly trolling around the Leafs forum, and creating threads dedicated to the Leafs. If anyone seems a little hurt, it's obvious who it is.

NikolaiTesla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

Quote:

It is a fact that the Leafs scouting staff had him second behind Kadri in their rankings.

I'd love to acquire him in any way. Not likely, though. For an unattractive spot in terms of UFA, teams like Buffalo need to protect their prospects that much more.

01-20-2010, 03:25 PM
noobman

IIRC... if the Leafs miss the playoffs this year, Kaberle's no trade clause will expire come draft day.

The best solution for Kaberle would be to make a list of teams he wants to go to and give it to Burke. If he doesn't, he could see himself being traded to a bad team on draft day in exchange for a high 1st round pick.

The alternative is to wait until next year's deadline, then trade him away with the intention of re-signing him in Toronto.
I think the fact that he may likely be traded is the only thing preventing him from being captain. Anytime someone needs to talk to the referees, it's usually Kaberle that skates over.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 03:26 PM
highoffglass
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Talker29 View Post
As for the trade idea, I don't like it.

Fleischman is not a first-line forward. Alzner is a decent defensive prospect, but we don't need defensemen, and the draft pick will be bottom-5 in the first round.

Foolish trade on our part really.
Who Cares if Fleischman isn't a top line forward, he can be a good second-liner. And Alzner is more than a decent prospect, he's gonna be a good defenceman. And ya, we do need defence...... we have the second most goals allowed in the league!

And the first round pick is a first round pick, we don't have one and it would be nice to have one. No matter where we pick.

I'd dp that deal in a heartbeat, And I believe that it would be high-way robbery for the leafs. just my opinion

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 03:48 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKadri View Post
Who Cares if Fleischman isn't a top line forward, he can be a good second-liner. And Alzner is more than a decent prospect, he's gonna be a good defenceman. And ya, we do need defence...... we have the second most goals allowed in the league!

And the first round pick is a first round pick, we don't have one and it would be nice to have one. No matter where we pick.

I'd dp that deal in a heartbeat, And I believe that it would be high-way robbery for the leafs. just my opinion
Our biggest issue in the GA is goaltending and the defensive awareness. Our actual top 6 isn't bad at their job, but when you PK like we do, recieve the goaltending we have and have your forwards missing assingments, it's a recipe for disaster. We've tried to change the D-core a number of times (with success), but the issue of goaltending and forwards buying into the system still remains.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!

I'd do that deal in a second. That's all.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 04:05 PM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
IIRC... if the Leafs miss the playoffs this year, Kaberle's no trade clause will expire come draft day.

The best solution for Kaberle would be to make a list of teams he wants to go to and give it to Burke. If he doesn't, he could see himself being traded to a bad team on draft day in exchange for a high 1st round pick.
I think this is what may happen. Kaberle will submit his list of teams, and if Burke moves him at the deadline he'll come off looking like the 'good guy'. He'll be seen as the guy who didn't force Kaberle into waiving his NTC, and traded Kaberle to a team he wanted to go to instead of waiting for the summer where there may be more teams bidding on him.

That being said, it'll have to be a good enough deal for Burke to move him.

John-Eric Iannicello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
I'm no Insider but it appears to be the return of Gunnarsson that reduced Kaberle's ice time.
So what does that say about Kaberle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneymcstone View Post
Ding ding ding.

Imagine inserting a defenseman not named Finger and ice-time magically disappears for someone (or two).
Gunnar has shown quickly how out of touch the Finger signing was. Whoever the pro scout was that decided Finger was worth the 3.5 million they signed him for, is hopefully not working for the Leafs anymore.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 04:53 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
Our biggest issue in the GA is goaltending and the defensive awareness. Our actual top 6 isn't bad at their job, but when you PK like we do, recieve the goaltending we have and have your forwards missing assingments, it's a recipe for disaster. We've tried to change the D-core a number of times (with success), but the issue of goaltending and forwards buying into the system still remains.
I believe the GAA of the pk with Gustavsson in net, compared to Toskalas is pretty dramatic, right?

Old
01-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

vCash: 50
Too good to be true, so it will happen then after it happens we'll all be pissed as hell.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 05:00 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Rumours suggest that Boston is just "holding" our 1st rounder temporarily until we convince Kaberle to waive his no-trade.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankiehollywood View Post
Listening to Leafs Lunch yesterday darren dregger who I respect very much said to bill Watters that there might be some strong arming from Wilson on Kaberle so much that Kaberle will want to leave. It may be a little far fetched but it made some sense. The fact that kaberle never saw the ice in the last 5 min in both the Washington and Nashville games because Wilson claims he was a defensive liability. Furthermore even his powerplay was getting cut with the first unit Beauchemin and stempniak , then White and Schenn. This could be true in an attempt to want Kaberle to waive his no trade clause. Dregger then pointed out a possible deal with the Caps for Tomas Fleishmann, Karl Alzner and 1st round pick. Not a bad deal but i dont see fleishmann working in Burkes plans. Thoughts?
OMG I would do that trade right now!!! You get a good young forward, Karl Alzner a young d man that is still developing but is expected to be a top 4 guy, and a first round pick. Woooo, if Dreger was serious about that and it could a possibility, than that would definitely pump me up

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 05:01 PM
stoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafErikson View Post
Gunnar has shown quickly how out of touch the Finger signing was. Whoever the pro scout was that decided Finger was worth the 3.5 million they signed him for, is hopefully not working for the Leafs anymore.
Gunnar is not without fault, but shows nice, steady upside.

Finger has pictures of someone, I don't know how else it happened.

stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Courage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Rumours suggest that Boston is just "holding" our 1st rounder temporarily until we convince Kaberle to waive his no-trade.
Where are those rumours from?

Courage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 05:14 PM
zeke
#freewilly

a source.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Stats01

Quote:
So what are you trying to say? That Boston would give us back our first for Kaberle straight up? I don't think Boston would do that.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 05:17 PM
stoney

Quote:
a source.
Ha. Immediately validated

stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 05:17 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Like collateral? I highly doubt that kind of agreement would be put in place.

Old
01-20-2010, 05:49 PM
MLHS Joe C

People saying Fleischmann isn't good have not watched him play the last two years. He's seriously turning out amazing.

MLHS Joe C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage View Post
Where are those rumours from?
from Zeke's wild imagination

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Tonka
Diggles

Why not just Filatov+1st 2011 for Tomas Kaberle, I'd much rather that be a proposal, too bad no one would waive to go to Columbus.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote