HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CHL Top Prospects Game

Old
01-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Any idea if there will be a replay on the internet or if the game is archived? I missed everything but the awarding of the trophy to Hall.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:12 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
not necessarily............a lot of teams are bunched up from 7-13 in the east......if we make the right trade(mtl,NYR, nyi, Fla, Phi) and that team flounders down the stretch, it may end up in the 7-10 range......and then a miracle lottery win of that pick...

Mtl currently has the # 8 pick but are only 2 points out of 8th in the east
I think we should target Mtl, Florida or NYI. I think they are the best bets to try to make a playoff push and fall short.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:16 PM
enthropi
Hiss Hiss (TKA) Hiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
We could get lucky. The teams are pretty bunched up. 4thOA-> 11thOA are separated by 4 points and 12th->16th by 3 points, grabbing a 1st from someone in there could get us a 2nd top 10 pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
not necessarily............a lot of teams are bunched up from 7-13 in the east......if we make the right trade(mtl,NYR, nyi, Fla, Phi) and that team flounders down the stretch, it may end up in the 7-10 range......and then a miracle lottery win of that pick...

Mtl currently has the # 8 pick but are only 2 points out of 8th in the east
Good point guys, I guess if it's for one of our D which aren't rentals that would be possible for bubble teams to deal their 1st even if they can bomb and miss the playoffs. I won't hope too much though... I think it's rather unlikely.

enthropi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Any idea if there will be a replay on the internet or if the game is archived? I missed everything but the awarding of the trophy to Hall.
Why oh why did you miss it? Was a fantastic game, doubt they re-air the entire thing.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Why oh why did you miss it? Was a fantastic game, doubt they re-air the entire thing.
Being 5 hours behind EST doesn't help matters.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Yeah I guess.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:36 PM
OmegaTheory

I've just decied that we need all 30 first round picks.

OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:03 PM
nafrelio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I want the Oilers to find a way to draft this whole line, Neiderreiter - Skinner - Burmistrov(sp), they are dominating.
I really think we could land a top Russian talent with a second 1st rounder. In order of my preference at the moment:

1. Kabanov (injured, missed WJC, could be top 5 talent) + russian factor minimized by being in NA - could fall into 12-15 range
2. Burmistrov - great speed
3. Galiev - I don't even know if he's Russian LOL! - good dangles, leads OHL in +/-
4. Niedereiterov - almost as good as his Swiss cousin Nino.

nafrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:11 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafrelio View Post
I really think we could land a top Russian talent with a second 1st rounder. In order of my preference at the moment:

1. Kabanov (injured, missed WJC, could be top 5 talent) + russian factor minimized by being in NA - could fall into 12-15 range
2. Burmistrov - great speed
3. Galiev - I don't even know if he's Russian LOL! - good dangles, leads OHL in +/-
4. Niedereiterov - almost as good as his Swiss cousin Nino.
Exactly. If Kabanov had not been injured, he would be a surefire top 10 pick. Although, if we get a second round pick I would like to see it spent on a high end defense or Jack Campbell.

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:41 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I don't know if you have the NHL network but i bet that they will replay it at some point.
It was a game worth watching especially the second half of the game..... Hall looked really good in the second and third periods, Seguin looked good in the first.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:47 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Cam Fowler really impressed me too tonight....so smooth and quick with his feet....makes a great 1st pass

whoever gets him will have a franchise d-man

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:25 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Taylor Hall for me. That guy is a game breaker. Cam Fowler is very good. Seguin is very gifted as well. Dylan McIlrath is someone we need and I was impressed by. Nino is a force out there and just has a huge compete level and will to win. If we can scoop two of these guys somehow I would be over the moon.

I wish I had the junior package. I just dont get to see these players much.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Taylor Hall for me. That guy is a game breaker. Cam Fowler is very good. Seguin is very gifted as well. Dylan McIlrath is someone we need and I was impressed by. Nino is a force out there and just has a huge compete level and will to win. If we can scoop two of these guys somehow I would be over the moon.

They kind of show them on Sportsnet, sometimes, I agree I wish they had a package as well. It's too bad that Sportsnet is the sole rights holder to the CHL, I think they are anyways, because like the rest of their programing they can't seem to use those right properly.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Starscream

I would be happy if the oilers drafted any of the top 3 (Hall, Seguin, Fowler) they all look like future stars in the NHL

Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Bicepus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post

I feel like Hall's vision and hands are no where near Seguin's. Hall had a few too many turnovers IMO (where he tried stickhandling around someone and lost the puck or tried a pass that got picked off). His pass on the shorthanded 2 on 1 was nice however. I love his physical ability too.

This was my first time seeing Seguin play. And I have to say I like his hockey sense. His style of play reminds me a lot of Gagner's. Great hands, great vision, and a little slower game pace when he's got the puck... but that's just their style.

Still don't know who I prefer between the two........... they're totally different type of players to me.

Nino looks like a good player for a team like the Oilers!!!

Bicepus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Dabomb

I'm just glad that there are 3 potential franchise players in this draft.. and I wouldn't mind any one of them being picked by the Oilers. Hall creates so much with his speed and tenacity. His forecheck and pursuit of the puck is amazing. Seguin really impressed me as well. It was the first time I've seen him play and I can see why there so much hype surrounding this kid. Fowler is gonna be a stud dman for a very lucky team for a long long time. That game was quite intense and very fun to watch. And Nino is gonna be a good player.

My only wish was to perhaps see Hall play center last night.. but he was used on the wing for the most part. I'm leaning towards Hall over Seguin.. but the fact that Seguin is a true centerman has me drooling too.

Dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote