HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Evgeny Kuznetsov (2010, 26th overall, Washington)

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2011, 10:44 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by UkraineTrain View Post
http://www.sports.ru/hockey/84794836.html

Surprise, surprise for the Caps fans.
wow. i hope for their sake, he was just being politically correct.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:20 AM
NeilYoung

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UkraineTrain View Post
http://www.sports.ru/hockey/84794836.html

Surprise, surprise for the Caps fans.
And thats why he'll probably be the last Russian ever taken in the first round

Money talks and sounds like Kuznetsovs a piece of ****

Old
03-17-2011, 11:27 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post

Would like to see him come over, but can you really blame him for taking the money?

It's a no brainer.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:32 AM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Would like to see him come over, but can you really blame him for taking the money?

It's a no brainer.
Considering all he did was give indications that it was his "dream" to come play in the NHL and that was the only thing he wanted yes I can blame him it's not like he's not going to get paid in the NHL. Lazy ****er can stay in Russian playing with 40 year old washed up NHL vets getting dirty Russian mafia money, Hfboards was right about Russians, what a waste of talent

Old
03-17-2011, 11:33 AM
kasper11

Quote:

1) He won't be the last Russian taken in the first round. Not by far. Some players will drop because they are Russian, but premier talents won't drop out of the first round.

2) Why is he a piece of ****? Because he doesn't want to leave his home to play for your team? If he feels the RSL is a comparable league in two years, and he can make more money there, why would he leave his family behind and move to DC? Who says it is even about money? Maybe, just maybe, he likes living where he lives.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:34 AM
magic school bus

i still think Russians get picked in round 1.. 1st overall again? not so sure anymore.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

It's a little early to vilify or praise him for a decision he hasn't yet made as to his future.

Old
03-17-2011, 11:40 AM
magic school bus

Quote:
Considering all he did was give indications that it was his "dream" to come play in the NHL and that was the only thing he wanted yes I can blame him it's not like he's not going to get paid in the NHL. Lazy ****er can stay in Russian playing with 40 year old washed up NHL vets getting dirty Russian mafia money, Hfboards was right about Russians, what a waste of talent
- this is only one individual person.
- we will never know how it feels do be in the situation. idk if id leave the USA to play in Russia..
- did u feel this way about him during the WJC? probably not.
- and plenty of other Russians have learned English and said the exact same things. some stay, some go. they are not all liars, just a few individuals.

calm down a little. hes 19 yrs old. its a tough decision either way, and we dont know everything.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 50
Tough blow guys,

I hope for your team he changes his mind, he is a dynamic player who could make an impact and push the caps closer to the S.C. Finals.

Give him time, I don't think the KHL is really viable as a league and these things can change over night. I know this board was pumped for him to come over in two years, now it might take 3 or 4. Let him dominate in the KHL and once he decides to play in the NHL (which I do believe he will) he can step in and be a difference maker.

P.S. Will you make sure that he doesn't rub off on Tarasenko, the Blues really need him next year and for the foreseeable future.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Some people on here are so selfish.

Maybe he doesn't want to come to the NHL because he doesn't want to live on the other side of the world, in a completely new and unknown culture for him, where he probably doesn't know many people here to begin with, for far less money then what he'd make at home. If this were any other profession he'd be a fool to take the American job over the job opportunity he has at home. But of course, because it's a SPORT, there's supposed to be some random unconditional passion for the American league for every single hockey player in the world.

Not all players grow up watching the NHL, so not all players with this amount of talent have any sort of passion for the NHL. Get over it.

Maybe another reason why Evgeny doesn't want to play in the NHL is because of the ass-backwards conduct of excessive physical play. Maybe he saw a brutal headshot injury, saw how the NHL handled it, and then was like "**** that **** I'm staying here".

Old
03-17-2011, 12:06 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
1) 2) Why is he a piece of ****? Because he doesn't want to leave his home to play for your team? If he feels the RSL is a comparable league in two years, and he can make more money there, why would he leave his family behind and move to DC? Who says it is even about money? Maybe, just maybe, he likes living where he lives.
If he doesn't want to leave Russia thats fine with me IF he didn't trick an NHL team into drafting him saying all he wants to do is play in the NHL that's just shady **** to me.

And considering all the problems teams have been having with drafting Russians early in the draft recently I definitely believe they won't be drafted in the first round anymore. Unless of course they come over a year or two before there draft like Nail Yakupov

Old
03-17-2011, 12:17 PM
TheFountainhead
Red Nation

He'll come over or he won't . It's not the end of the world if he doesn't (I would still put my money on him coming over fwiw.)

I'd still take that gamble 100 times out of 100 if I'm the Capitals (in terms of drafting a player like him) because the potential payoff far exceeds the risk of missing out on another 3rd liner at that point in the draft.

Old
03-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Devil Dancer

Lots of jumping to conclusions in here.

Old
03-17-2011, 01:05 PM
pld459666

Quote:
If he doesn't want to leave Russia thats fine with me IF he didn't trick an NHL team into drafting him saying all he wants to do is play in the NHL that's just shady **** to me.

And considering all the problems teams have been having with drafting Russians early in the draft recently I definitely believe they won't be drafted in the first round anymore. Unless of course they come over a year or two before there draft like Nail Yakupov
he didn't trick anyone.

From the time he was interviewed to now, his understanding and perception of both the KHL and NHL may have changed and in line with that so has his thinking.

The NHL and the GM's have to know by now that regardless what a player says, staying home for alot of young Russian kids is a veyr real and legit concern.

That said, if he has the talent and the tools, wouldn't you want to retain his rights should he ever decide that the NHL is the place for him?

The Caps are in a no lose situation with this kid.

Old
03-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Macch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
he didn't trick anyone.

From the time he was interviewed to now, his understanding and perception of both the KHL and NHL may have changed and in line with that so has his thinking.

The NHL and the GM's have to know by now that regardless what a player says, staying home for alot of young Russian kids is a veyr real and legit concern.

That said, if he has the talent and the tools, wouldn't you want to retain his rights should he ever decide that the NHL is the place for him?

The Caps are in a no lose situation with this kid.

This is true. The Islanders are in the same position with Petrov

Old
03-17-2011, 01:36 PM
rangersfan111

waste of talent just like radulov

Old
03-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Quote:

Wow chill. Its not as we need Kuznetsov immediately, we have more than enough adequate wings and if Mojo develops like he's supposed to, we have a bonafide #2 C. Kuz can take his time if need be, if he doesn't want to come over at all its not the end of the world, but I highly doubt he won't come at all.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:22 PM
IkeaMonkey*

Is this the thread where we crucify a 19 year old based on an interview, in his homeland, about his homeland, about a decision he has yet to make, but is considering?

SWEET! I found it! Was looking all over for it.

Old
03-17-2011, 02:44 PM
broad

Nah it's just the one guy.

Anyway, I hope he comes over. If he doesn't, oh well.

Old
03-17-2011, 03:08 PM
SirPaste
#HitchGonnaHitch

vCash: 50
Bummer, Blues need to get Tarasenko over here asap

Old
03-17-2011, 03:13 PM
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
wow. i hope for their sake, he was just being politically correct.
Hope so too. Think what would happen to him if he said somthing like Kabanov, he could risk his national team chances, less ice-time..

Let's say the KHL becomes just as good as the NHL, the best russians will still be playing in NHL (Ovy, Kovy, Malkin, Dats...) and live the "American dream".

Old
03-17-2011, 04:24 PM
forthewild

What the Caps have going for them is Ovechkin, he might way what he wants but Ovie is a Russian superstar my bet is he takes the less money to play with Ovechkin, also if he comes over and helps the Caps to a Cup he can always claim Ovie needed him

Old
03-17-2011, 04:25 PM
forthewild

Quote:
I don't care if we need him or not thats the not the issue I'm having with all this. The thing that makes me angry about the situation is he mislead general managers and lied and said all he wanted to do and his only dream was to play in the NHL while clearly a bunch of dirty Russian money is more important to him. Just like Radulov he's on his way to being a giant waste of talent
do you know the context of the interview? in one year he could be over here gushing about how great it is to play to Ovie and how its such a huge honor and privilege, one interview and you want to tar and feather him?

for example if he was asked

"what do you think of our leagues and how they are doing" whats he to say

yeah they are a piece of crap i cannot wait to punch my ticked out of here fast enough have my bags packed the first chance i get all you will see is my ass as i'm fleeing from here" then if he ever doesn't make it in the NHL he burnt that bridge.

Young kids have a ton of pressure on them and everyone is looking for that one word or one slip to burn them, i'm pretty sure GMGM has talked to this kid and gets a good sense, and as I've said don't underrate the Ovie Factor

Old
03-17-2011, 10:17 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
I don't care if we need him or not thats the not the issue I'm having with all this. The thing that makes me angry about the situation is he mislead general managers and lied and said all he wanted to do and his only dream was to play in the NHL while clearly a bunch of dirty Russian money is more important to him. Just like Radulov he's on his way to being a giant waste of talent
and money from NA isnt dirty? BTW Radulov is an excellent player now and not beeing in NHL dosnt mean wasted!

Old
03-17-2011, 10:31 PM
backs4mvp

Quote:
Because the world is just a wonderfull place that everyone tells the truth 100%, right? Follow my dream, job that pays $50000, or abandon my dream, but still love what I do and make $250000.

If he gets a 4mil contract in the KHL, he's not going to pass that up to make 2.5mil over 3 years, only an idiot would. He's done absolutely nothing wrong, and if he decides to stay in Russia, he won't be doing anything wrong. If he wasn't drafted by the caps in the first round, you wouldn't care. A waste of talent is someone like Daigle/Yashin, very talented, but no motivation, discipline, or desire.

Closed Thread