HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Evgeny Kuznetsov (2010, 26th overall, Washington)

Old
11-03-2011, 03:05 PM
binary0x01

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to binary0x01 Send a message via Yahoo to binary0x01
He means in Moscow, Football (soccer) is most popular.

binary0x01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:59 AM
svo101

looks like Kuznetsov made up his mind where he will play in near future...except he won't tell anyone...not to spoil the surprise...
http://www.sports.ru/hockey/130863784.html (use google to translate)

considering the praise he got from the coach of the national team, and Olympic (Sochy) games not that far away...I honestly think he is not coming to Washington in the next few years...

svo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:27 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo101 View Post
I honestly think he is not coming to Washington in the next few years...
i think its not like he cant say visa verca in next month

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:52 AM
svo101

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
i think its not like he cant say visa verca in next month
true...for all we know he might decide to become an astronaut and fly to the moon in the next few months...
all I'm saying...he was praised by national team coach as very talented player and future of Russian hockey...coach of the national team said that majority at the Olympics will be from KHL...also Kyznetsov on numerous occasions have said that he will not play in NA junior league (can Washington guarantee him spot on the main roster?)...

but you are right...he can change his mind any time he wants...
I could be wrong, maybe he decided to move to NA...forever and thats the big surprise for everyone...time will tell...

svo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo101 View Post
looks like Kuznetsov made up his mind where he will play in near future...except he won't tell anyone...not to spoil the surprise...
http://www.sports.ru/hockey/130863784.html (use google to translate)

considering the praise he got from the coach of the national team, and Olympic (Sochy) games not that far away...I honestly think he is not coming to Washington in the next few years...
Nothing in that article (at least from the translation) really suggests that he'll stay in Russia for a significant period of time. And considering the comments he's made in this and other interviews, it seems the NHL is his clear goal.
Quote:
– You decided to stay in Chelyabinsk for a further year, even if you could move overseas. Why?
– It was a hard situation. I decided to go, but then everything changed. So I promised coach Belousov and the Chelyabinsk Region government that I would stay for another year. Thanks to them I got a lot of attention. They gifted me a flat after the WJC, I simply had to stay. But anyway, if we realistically consider the situation, it’s too early for me to go there. I want to go to the once I will be ready to be a main team player. Playing 2-3 years in the AHL is not for me.

– So for now you get acquainted with the NHL with the Playstation.
– Yes, when I play, my hands even tremble. I want to go there as fast as possible.

– What team do you play with?
– Washington. I get all the Russians, the young ones as well, and I play. I created myself and I play on a line with Ovechkin.

– And who scores more?
– Me, of course (laughs). But only virtually.

– Capitals’ fans can’t wait for you to come.
– Well, in a year. I don’t know if I’ll play with the Caps from the very start, but I plan to play there already the next season. Ovechkin told me that he will be helping me with the flat. I will live a couple of months at his place, then I’ll get my flat. I already surfed the internet to search the prices.

– Are they much expansive than in Chelyabinsk?
– Yes, they are, but there is no sense in buying. It’s better to rent. The important is that it should be near to the practice arena. My agent will help me with the car. There won’t be problems. They told me: “Just come, and we’ll set everything.”
Especially when speaking to Russian media outlets, he's not going to bash the KHL. That could be a big part of him being coy about whether he will hop the Ocean next year and praising the KHL. Is it guaranteed he comes over next year (or at all)? No, of course not. But the odds are seemingly significant he could.

Can the Capitals guarantee him a roster spot? Maybe. Would they? Probably not, but his play is at the level where he should be able to make the team (especially if Semin and/or Knuble are not retained). He could very well sign a contract with an "out clause" that allowed him to return to Russia if he's in the AHL.
That being said, there's virtually no chance he spends 2-3 years int he AHL.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

There is a lot of pandering that any athlete in his situation needs to do. To an audience of people who want him to come over to the NHL, he needs to say the right things, still non-committal, but at least encouraging. To a KHL audience and particularly while still playing in Russia, he needs to pander to that audience.

What does it mean? Only that it's too early to try and read the tea leaves. He's being cagey for a purpose. All a public decision will earn him right now is heartburn. He has probably a good idea of what he is going to do. Could be stay in the KHL? Sure. Could he go to the NHL? Sure. Nothing he has done or said really ought to produce a great deal of confidence either way, though. He's keeping his own counsel.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 02:37 PM
usiel

vCash: 878
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Kuznetsov, I hazard to guess, will have an open top 6 spot UNLESS Semin is still with the Caps next season.

11-08-2011, 02:54 PM
ponder

Ovy and Semin are both natural LWs, while I think Kuznetsov is a natural RW who can play a bit of C too? Washington are actually pretty weak at RW, I'd think if he comes over he'd pretty quickly get himself a top 6 spot with either Ovy/Bakcstrom or Semin/Johansson (if they even re-sign Semin).

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:52 PM
pouskin74*

He has been very hot lately! 7 points in last 3 games.

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
He has been very hot lately! 7 points in last 3 games.
He's starting to pick-up assists which he wasn't really doing in the beginning. Pleasure to watch too, everytime he's on the ice..

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:49 AM
JFA87-66-99

Evgeny Kuznetsov playing in the CHL?

Was Evgeny Kuznetsov ever drafted in the CHL import draft, if so which team? Did any CHL team ever try to acquire him some how? I always thought I remember reading a long time ago that he was going to play in the QMJHL with some team? I always hoped he would have came over and played major junior hockey in canada. What do you guys know about this? Thanks

JFA87-66-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:03 AM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
He was never drafted into the CHL

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

It's been reported that Hunter and the Knights scouted him, but he wanted to stay in the KHL for two years and get stronger there.

Chimaera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:00 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

He called out Yakupov and Grigorenko saying they were windows washers because they were not getting paid to play.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:54 PM
tfong

Kuznestov said he either plays KHL or NHL, nothing in between.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:04 PM
McBaevid
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
He called out Yakupov and Grigorenko saying they were windows washers because they were not getting paid to play.
hahah and theres a reason why hell be the worst of the 3.
Doubt hell even last in the NHL, the guy seems like hes in it all for the money.

McBaevid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:08 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Doubt hell even last in the NHL, the guy seems like hes in it all for the money.
Principle, it's deep rooted in the culture

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
BLBarmada

Quebec almost signed him, but be changed his mind at the last minute, and Quebec decided not to draft him.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:34 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Kuznestov said he either plays KHL or NHL, nothing in between.
Sounds like the next Nikita Filatov.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:45 PM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Sounds like the next Nikita Filatov.
Really?

Cause Filatov was the kid who said at 18 that he would be willing to come over to NA and play in the AHL. He was also drafted high by Sudbury, and may have played there if there werent transfer issues

leafsfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
Really?

Cause Filatov was the kid who said at 18 that he would be willing to come over to NA and play in the AHL. He was also drafted high by Sudbury, and may have played there if there werent transfer issues
He's also the kid who abandoned playing in the AHL, making all of his "words" have no meaning when his actions were otherwise.

Raym11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
How many professional hockey players play for free? Make no mistake you don't make it to the professional level without a severe love for the game but to believe that a professional athlete in any sport isn't in it for the money is not realistic.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:25 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager View Post
How many professional hockey players play for free? Make no mistake you don't make it to the professional level without a severe love for the game but to believe that a professional athlete in any sport isn't in it for the money is not realistic.
I know Adam Larsson, and I can say he was never in it for the money that kid was just about training and hockey, the money was good and it was gravy for what he loved to do, I think there are pretty good amount of players like that but some are in it just for the money but you can tell who they are because it shows on the ice at times in heart and work ethic.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Fulcrum

Why does this look like Kuznetsov bashing thread? He hasn't done anything bad other than play hockey REALLY well..?!

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:38 PM
McBaevid
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager View Post
yea no doubt, the guys ridiculously talented but something about him makes me think he'll leave the NHL to play in the KHL in his home country over a couple million dollars

McBaevid is offline   Reply With Quote