HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Evgeny Kuznetsov (2010, 26th overall, Washington)

Old
03-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dares View Post
I dont know where you got that from.... yes they put pressure on them, the teams they play for put the pressure not the Russian Olympic committee.....no one is telling them if they leave they dont get to play in the Olympics....thats stupid.
Tarasenko, Radulov about to leave..what they wont play in Olympics ??
If you think that those in charge of putting together the Russian team in 2014 haven't put pressure on the kids to stay in the KHL prior to the olympics you're crazy. All the hinting that their chances will be much "greater" of making the team if they stay is pressure.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:32 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
this BRAINSTORM is what i call FAILED BIG TIME!
This failure of a rhyme is worse than Dipietro in his prime.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
EvoLu7ioN

A young russian player with a strong competitive drive choosing the more difficult path but the one that will allow him to be the best player he can be:

A young russian player who's content with competing against significantly weaker opponents choosing the easier path:

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
A young russian player with a strong competitive drive choosing the more difficult path but the one that will allow him to be the best player he can be:

A young russian player who's content with competing against significantly weaker opponents choosing the easier path:
You can also say "A single young player who plays on the 4th line for a coach who isn't fond of him" and "A married young player who is the unquestioned leader of his hometown team and also a bit younger". Don't be silly, there are plenty of factors, nothing holds Tarasenko at Spb really.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:44 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
[/IMG]

]
failure is written all over you!

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Bure

vCash: 50
Quote:

You have no knowledge of the situation.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 04:59 PM
pouskin74*

He lead his team to semi-final with 2 goals last night against Ak Bars

Old
03-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
Igor Kleyner ‏ @IgorKleyner
Kuznetsov: "I said I was staying [in KHL] just so they would leave me alone."

Shocker. Decision isn't exactly made. Probably will stay, but you never know.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
How bad for the KHL would it be if Radulov, Tarasenko, and Kuznetsov all played in the NHL next year?

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:00 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
How bad for the KHL would it be if Radulov, Tarasenko, and Kuznetsov all played in the NHL next year?
3 players doesn't not a league make. KHL marketing sucks in general, so they'll bounce back eventually. Though, my KHL loving friends would easily trade Radulov for Semin, so there's a good chance they'll get something back.

Would be really cool if all the expected Russians would play in NHL next year, that would be a sweet potential Calder race.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Hale Dunter

Quote:
Isnt that a bit like asking how bad it would be for the NFL if RGIII and Andrew Luck played in the CFL?

Hale Dunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Peter25

Quote:
Really bad. Losing the three best Russian forwards in the KHL will of course be bad. It's like Crosby, Stamkos and Giroux deporting to another league at the same time. Actually worse, since the NHL has good young players to replace them. The KHL does not.

If the KHL cannot keep players like this it will never be more than a minor league. The KHL will need to keep its best players, one way or another. Old Morozov and Zaripov cannot continue to produce forever The KHL needs young blood.

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:15 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Its obviously loss.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:30 AM
rocketdan9

Semin is a perfect comparison. The work ethic is work in progress. Also at times doesn't seem interested in the game. Still very talented

Prob a perfect fit for washington

rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Brooklanders*

I'm not saying teams should avoid Russian players at all cost. Yakupov and grigorenko will be 1 and 2 but they are in NA already. It is all Foreign players not in NA. I hope NYI choose Alexander over Galchenyuk over Forsberg for this reason. Right now we waiting on Kiril petrov and Kabanov.
We just traded for yuri Alexandrov because his outcome is questionable.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:32 AM
ed bruin

I'd be pretty disappointed if Kuznetsov doesn't come to the NHL next season and I'm not a Caps fan

ed bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:34 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
I'd be pretty disappointed if Kuznetsov doesn't come to the NHL next season and I'm not a Caps fan
Given the CBA uncertainty, I think he and Tarasenko will both end up in Russia for one more year.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:17 PM
WarriorofTime

If the guy wants to stay in the KHL that's his call. It seems like his team in Russia has been very good to him. Not everyone is ready to come halfway across the world. Remember there was a team when the NHL was losing players to the WHA. It will be ok. People seem to act like all they are entitled to see all the best players in the world playing in the NHL. Not the case. It's their lives here.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

I think it's hilarious that anyone expects or expected Evgeny Kuznetsov to show his hand until the season is well and truly over. He's getting a mic shoved in his face every day, with only one question people want answered, but he's not going to answer it until the season is over.

This is exactly like a pending NHL free agent refraining from indicating in, say, January, that he has no plans to re-sign with his club in July. The player has no earthly reason to alienate his fan base any earlier than necessary. Wait until the season ends.

Now can you read the tea leaves? Not really. He might stay or switch KHL teams, or he might be planning to come over the North America, or he might legitimately still be making up his mind. We won't really know for sure until he no longer stands to tick off his home fans in the KHL with an early answer.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:40 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
If Kuznetsov wishes to remain in the KHL where he'll undoubtedly surplant Radulov for being the pin up boy of Russian hockey, making vast amounts of money in his native land with his wife, then who are we to complain or ridicule him for such a decision?

It may suck from an NHL perspective or disappoint Caps fans, but it's entirely his choice, and i imagine if many of us were in a similar situation (Money + Family + Fame + Home) we'd be thinking long and hard about all the viable options.

People need to stop treating players like they are objects or property of NHL organisations. They have their own agendas and desires, and it is entirely their choice on what they decide to do.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:49 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
If Kuznetsov wishes to remain in the KHL where he'll undoubtedly surplant Radulov for being the pin up boy of Russian hockey, making vast amounts of money in his native land with his wife, then who are we to complain or ridicule him for such a decision?

It may suck from an NHL perspective or disappoint Caps fans, but it's entirely his choice, and i imagine if many of us were in a similar situation (Money + Family + Fame + Home) we'd be thinking long and hard about all the viable options.

People need to stop treating players like they are objects or property of NHL organisations. They have their own agendas and desires, and it is entirely their choice on what they decide to do.
its not happening often but this time i do agree with you

Old
03-31-2012, 12:16 PM
pouskin74*

2 goals tonight but his team lost in overtime.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:35 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
Semin is a perfect comparison. The work ethic is work in progress. Also at times doesn't seem interested in the game. Still very talented

Prob a perfect fit for washington
i really dont see any semin in kuznetsovs game, malkin is a better comparison

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:30 PM
pouskin74*

Old
05-01-2012, 07:45 AM
pouskin74*

Kuznetsov signed 2 years deal with Tractor Chelyabinsk. So he stays in KHL till to Olympic games.