HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Evgeny Kuznetsov (2010, 26th overall, Washington)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2011, 11:29 AM
  #426
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 28,120
vCash: 500
There is a lot of pandering that any athlete in his situation needs to do. To an audience of people who want him to come over to the NHL, he needs to say the right things, still non-committal, but at least encouraging. To a KHL audience and particularly while still playing in Russia, he needs to pander to that audience.

What does it mean? Only that it's too early to try and read the tea leaves. He's being cagey for a purpose. All a public decision will earn him right now is heartburn. He has probably a good idea of what he is going to do. Could be stay in the KHL? Sure. Could he go to the NHL? Sure. Nothing he has done or said really ought to produce a great deal of confidence either way, though. He's keeping his own counsel.

Drake1588 is offline  
Old
11-08-2011, 02:37 PM
  #427
usiel
Registered User
 
usiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Malaz City
Country: San Marino
Posts: 10,506
vCash: 1430
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Kuznetsov, I hazard to guess, will have an open top 6 spot UNLESS Semin is still with the Caps next season.

__________________
True Story™®©
usiel is online now  
Old
11-08-2011, 02:54 PM
  #428
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,673
vCash: 500
Ovy and Semin are both natural LWs, while I think Kuznetsov is a natural RW who can play a bit of C too? Washington are actually pretty weak at RW, I'd think if he comes over he'd pretty quickly get himself a top 6 spot with either Ovy/Bakcstrom or Semin/Johansson (if they even re-sign Semin).

ponder is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:41 PM
  #429
Carlzner
Registered User
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DC/CO
Country: United States
Posts: 12,909
vCash: 500
Did Kuznetsov fall?

How did this guy fall all the way back to 23 for the caps?
Everything I've heard of him is great, and all of his highlights in the Caps prospect thread are even better.
I don't know much about the 2010 draft class, anyone know?


Last edited by Carlzner: 11-18-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Carlzner is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:42 PM
  #430
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
How did this guy fall all the way back to 23 for the caps?
Everything I've heard of him is great, and all of his highlights in the Caps prospect thread are even better.
I don't know much about the 2010 draft class, anyone know?
Who is Kuznetzof??

Kuznetsov fell mainly because of the Russian factor.

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 05:15 PM
  #431
KingKhron
Registered User
 
KingKhron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,128
vCash: 500
I've been offered him in a keeper pool and really only need him to be better than a 60 point player. I'm trying to get a read on him as well. Seems a no brainer but oh those prospects sometimes...

KingKhron is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 05:17 PM
  #432
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rostov-on-Don
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,037
vCash: 500
He's just really elevated his game tenfold since he was drafted.

The experience of winning the WJC seemed to change him. The talent was always there, but since the 2011 WJC he's been a much more consistent and confident player.

Zine is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 05:22 PM
  #433
KingKhron
Registered User
 
KingKhron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,128
vCash: 500
So, you're saying do it?

KingKhron is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 05:40 PM
  #434
Kid Canesten
Registered User
 
Kid Canesten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
the two things i came here to say have already been mentioned. the russian factor and he's evolved as a player since being drafted.

Kid Canesten is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 05:47 PM
  #435
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,688
vCash: 500
you will see at WJC... he is getting better, great player of Traktor forever

vorky is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 12:08 AM
  #436
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
He's just really elevated his game tenfold since he was drafted.

The experience of winning the WJC seemed to change him. The talent was always there, but since the 2011 WJC he's been a much more consistent and confident player.
Don't mean to be pedantic, but I think the correct term is developed. He was always a top forward, if you remember the U18 where they won Silver in US. Truth is, for his talent level- he was drafted very low. He just continued to develop and came out to where he was projected to be (top 10), now he is 1 of 3 best outside NHL (along with Granlund and Tarasenko).

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 12:31 AM
  #437
Chimaera
same ol' Caps
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: La Plata, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 22,730
vCash: 500
Yeah, he was abusing players right after he was drafted.

The high level skills have been there for a while, it was more a matter of putting it together.

Chimaera is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 01:40 AM
  #438
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Yeah, he was abusing players right after he was drafted.

The high level skills have been there for a while, it was more a matter of putting it together.

What do you mean, abusing? Putting what together?

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 04:43 AM
  #439
Tavaresmagicalplay*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
He might be the best player to come out of that draft. Of course he fell.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 05:27 AM
  #440
DuckJet
Viva Las Vegas
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 64,763
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post
He might be the best player to come out of that draft. Of course he fell.
Pump the brakes, bro. Let's wait till he's played a full season and see how he matches up against Hall, Skinner, Fowler, Seguin, etc.

No one's questioning his talent, but a lot of prospects out of that draft have been blossoming lately. Let's see how they all do before we make claims like that. Cause at the moment he hasn't shown much to prove he's in the same category as the aforementioned players.

DuckJet is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:41 PM
  #441
discobob
Registered User
 
discobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Everything
Posts: 878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Pump the brakes, bro. Let's wait till he's played a full season and see how he matches up against Hall, Skinner, Fowler, Seguin, etc.

No one's questioning his talent, but a lot of prospects out of that draft have been blossoming lately. Let's see how they all do before we make claims like that. Cause at the moment he hasn't shown much to prove he's in the same category as the aforementioned players.
he said, "he might be the best player in that draft....", which isn't jumping any gun? he certainly hasn't proven that he is the best, but he's on a career path so far that leaves it open as a reasonable possibility...

discobob is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:41 PM
  #442
DuckJet
Viva Las Vegas
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 64,763
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by discobob View Post
he said, "he might be the best player in that draft....", which isn't jumping any gun? he certainly hasn't proven that he is the best, but he's on a career path so far that leaves it open as a reasonable possibility...
Ok I even said that MIGHT is still a stretch. It's a bold statement for sure. That's all.

DuckJet is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 05:19 PM
  #443
discobob
Registered User
 
discobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Everything
Posts: 878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Ok I even said that MIGHT is still a stretch. It's a bold statement for sure. That's all.
...I'm not trying to be a jerk, but...

might = there is some reasonable possibility

If you were to list the 10 "most likely to succeed" candidates from that draft, he probably makes the list.....in my book, that is a might....

Like I said, not trying to be a jerk, it just didn't seem to be a highly controversial statement....that's all...

discobob is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 11:55 PM
  #444
DuckJet
Viva Las Vegas
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 64,763
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by discobob View Post
...I'm not trying to be a jerk, but...

might = there is some reasonable possibility

If you were to list the 10 "most likely to succeed" candidates from that draft, he probably makes the list.....in my book, that is a might....

Like I said, not trying to be a jerk, it just didn't seem to be a highly controversial statement....that's all...
I guess...I know you're intent is right. You didn't offend me at all. It was a bit of an overreaction on my part. And I understand. If it was me I wouldn't put him in the top 10. But that's just me. I'll let him prove me wrong.

DuckJet is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 12:52 PM
  #445
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 500
He has been very hot lately! 7 points in last 3 games.

pouskin74* is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 01:04 PM
  #446
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
He has been very hot lately! 7 points in last 3 games.
He's starting to pick-up assists which he wasn't really doing in the beginning. Pleasure to watch too, everytime he's on the ice..

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 10:49 AM
  #447
JFA87-66-99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,582
vCash: 500
Evgeny Kuznetsov playing in the CHL?

Was Evgeny Kuznetsov ever drafted in the CHL import draft, if so which team? Did any CHL team ever try to acquire him some how? I always thought I remember reading a long time ago that he was going to play in the QMJHL with some team? I always hoped he would have came over and played major junior hockey in canada. What do you guys know about this? Thanks

JFA87-66-99 is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 11:03 AM
  #448
SPORTSMANIAC
Registered User
 
SPORTSMANIAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
He was never drafted into the CHL

SPORTSMANIAC is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 11:05 AM
  #449
Chimaera
same ol' Caps
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: La Plata, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 22,730
vCash: 500
It's been reported that Hunter and the Knights scouted him, but he wanted to stay in the KHL for two years and get stronger there.

Chimaera is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 01:00 PM
  #450
bcv
My french sucks.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,086
vCash: 500
He called out Yakupov and Grigorenko saying they were windows washers because they were not getting paid to play.

bcv is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.