HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Evgeny Kuznetsov (2010, 26th overall, Washington)

Old
05-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Skylimit

vCash: 500
how is he skilled compare to Dimitri Kugryshev?

can he has a bigger impact in the Q if you compare to Kugry?

Skylimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
I think he is a more skilled player than Kugryshev

05-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

He's one guy I want the Penguins to look long and hard at about drafting at #20.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:25 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
I think he is a more skilled player than Kugryshev
As long as Kuznetsov doesn't do the turning around in the offensive zone without a pass to a teammate or a shot at the net, he should be ok.

SergeConstantin74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 11:30 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Itty bitty Rick Nash.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Skylimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
As long as Kuznetsov doesn't do the turning around in the offensive zone without a pass to a teammate or a shot at the net, he should be ok.

i think Kuznetsov has a better scoring instinct than Kugryshev who always spin around. Kugry was not a sniper.

Kugryshev had fantastic hands but lack of hockey sense and scoring to produce like Alexander Radulov did in 2005-06.

Skylimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 10:19 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
Kuznetsov is planning to move to NA next year, more likely to play in the CHL I assume.
Any posters know more about this? Is he planning on coming to NA to the CHL next year? Could someone also give me a better idea as to a player with a similar playing style?

Also is shows on eliteprospects that he signed a contract extension with his team in May of this year. Any truth to that?

And can anyone clarify about Burmistrov, I've heard different reports that he is staying in the OHL, then I hear he is leaving to go back to Russia. Anyone know?

Last edited by DJB: 06-08-2010 at 10:35 PM.
DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 12:21 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJong View Post
Any posters know more about this? Is he planning on coming to NA to the CHL next year? Could someone also give me a better idea as to a player with a similar playing style?

Also is shows on eliteprospects that he signed a contract extension with his team in May of this year. Any truth to that?

And can anyone clarify about Burmistrov, I've heard different reports that he is staying in the OHL, then I hear he is leaving to go back to Russia. Anyone know?
Mikael Lalancette who cover the Q for Le soleil in quebec city said on his twitter that the Quebec Rempart were after him (not surprising i said it in my first post in this thread ) but Kuznetsov was not that interested. as of now the talk between both are death

plus he reply to one of my tweet that with his new khl deal, there's a lot of speculation about him and its going to cost big money to patrick roy to get him over here. (if thats even possible with his khl deal)

http://twitter.com/MLalancette (if you speak french he's a must follow on twitter for junior hockey fans )

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJong View Post

He was thought to go to the CHL, but as he signed an extension recently, it's unlikely. But lol, why should it not be true?

Quote:
Well, he should return as he was promised a one year loan, but I'm confident he'll stay overseas

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 12:28 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Mikael Lalancette who cover the Q for Le soleil in quebec city said on his twitter that the Quebec Rempart were after him (not surprising i said it in my first post in this thread ) but Kuznetsov was not that interested. as of now the talk between both are death

plus he reply to one of my tweet that with his new khl deal, there's a lot of speculation about him and its going to cost big money to patrick roy to get him over here. (if thats even possible with his khl deal)

http://twitter.com/MLalancette (if you speak french he's a must follow on twitter for junior hockey fans )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
He was thought to go to the CHL, but as he signed an extension recently, it's unlikely. But lol, why should it not be true?

Well, he should return as he was promised a one year loan, but I'm confident he'll stay overseas
Alright thanks for clearing that up guys!

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 01:16 PM
discobob

I wouldn't mind the Caps kickin the tires on this guy....

I doubt that we'll be able to keep Semin past this next year, so another scoring winger wouldn't be a bad thing. In addition, he's a natural RW, so he could be elevated to the 1st line (assuming he is good enough) in certain situations without having to switch positions (unlike Semin who has to go from LW to RW because of OV).

discobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Funkyalligator

And now the Caps have another Russian...and hopefully a center this time ala Datsyuk

Funkyalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Grandpabuzz

Send a message via AIM to Grandpabuzz
I like all three top KHL guys

I think Tarasenko has the potential to be the best player in this draft (including Hall/Seguin) and was wondering why he fell past 10.

Kitsyn is right behind him with an amazing skill set. The same can be said for Kuznetsov.

Both Washington and St. Louis got some real gems tonight.

Grandpabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Funkyalligator

Another young Russian...just turned 18...not too many kids play as 17 year olds in the KHL....here are some scouting reports....every single one has him ranked higher than 26...and I have to say that im pretty happy with what they say about him...

http://capitals.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|WSH|home

Funkyalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

someone find the thread where gary joyce cites scouts saying he could be the 1st russian off the board.

I too believe that he was the best russian in the draft. Caps got a steal here.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:10 AM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
someone find the thread where gary joyce cites scouts saying he could be the 1st russian off the board.

McPhee pulled a Ken Holland here, and profited from other teams being afraid to burn a 1st rounder on a kid who likely will be stuck in Europe (in this case, the KHL) for 2 more years. We have the luxury of major depth at forward that allows us to be patient, so I think we ended up getting a top 15 talent at #26.

At the post-selection press conference, McPhee revealed that Kuznetsov was #12 on their board, and that the Caps had actually tried to trade up about 10 spots to get the kid, but failed to swing a deal. Then he fell into their laps at #26 and everyone was really excited.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:11 AM
TheFountainhead
Red Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post

http://hfboards.ca/showpost.php?p=24...&postcount=450

"And it was Kuznetsov even more than Tarasenko that scouts were impressed by at the u-18s. Scouts can talk about signability not meaning much when they draw up their lists and it might be true. But signability is definitely in there when they're speak into the microphone. Are teams too spooked to draft them? Some definitely consider them radioactive. Same holds, slightly less so, for Burmistrov and Kabanov."

______

I found this when I was searching for Kuznetsov articles on Google. Not what you asked for, but it is from Joyce so.....

TheFountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:14 AM
artilector

Well, McKenzie's final draft ranking has Kuznetsov as a possible #1 Russian:

Bob McKenzie: Evgeny Kuznetsov is the stereotypical highly-skilled Russian forward who can be the dominant force in one game and then invisible the next. Most teams have Burmistrov and Tarasenko rated ahead of Kuznetsov but not all of them and itís not inconceivable, albeit an outside shot, that he could still be the first Russian player taken in the draft. But, again, the Russian Factor leaves us all befuddled in terms of where and when he could be selected.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 05:44 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Ovechkin also helps eliminate some of the fear of taking a Russian. Other teams might have passed on the idea that they can't get him here easily.. the Caps shouldn't have that issue.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Ovechkin also helps eliminate some of the fear of taking a Russian. Other teams might have passed on the idea that they can't get him here easily.. the Caps shouldn't have that issue.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Hockeysemin

highlights video of kuznetsov...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfEx972T3g8

Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 04:16 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

KHL Report about Kuznetsov (and Tarasenko) http://www.russianprospect.com/artic...season-scoring

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 04:29 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

There must be something in the water.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 04:51 AM
BobDobolina

BobDobolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 05:16 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post
where was the defence? He took it well though.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote