HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Evgeny Kuznetsov (2010, 26th overall, Washington)

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2012, 01:38 AM
pouskin74*

vCash: 500
Poor Malkin,Ovechkin,Kovalchuk, Datsyuk,Bryzgalov,Kulikov....they will not make a team Russia because they are not in KHL! Your logic guys is just flawless

Old
05-03-2012, 03:32 AM
Acallabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
why would he play in the AHL ?
because Ottawa management said if he did so and proved himself there he would have a shot at the Senators roster.
Yeah, sorry, I was referring to Kuznetsov.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:51 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Yeah, sorry, I was referring to Kuznetsov.
understood I still honestly think that Kuz has language issues on top of financial ones that are major factors in his decision making.

I mean if he can stay home in the culture he knows and make oodles of tax free salary... there is alot less incentive go to Washington now.

The bulk of the Caps core talent will be in Washington for quite some years to come too

plus the Olympics is an important factor I am sure and being top line material in KHL versus AHL does make a difference

As a ranger fan I am happy Kuz isn't coming over for at least a few years anyway

Old
05-03-2012, 04:26 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
understood I still honestly think that Kuz has language issues on top of financial ones that are major factors in his decision making.
I would add family issues as well

Old
05-03-2012, 05:36 AM
Gobias Industries

If I'm Kuznetsov, I'm going to stay in Russia too..

Old
05-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
Poor Malkin,Ovechkin,Kovalchuk, Datsyuk,Bryzgalov,Kulikov....they will not make a team Russia because they are not in KHL! Your logic guys is just flawless
The stars it has no impact where they play, but guys on the fringe it only stands to reason that the coach would take guys he knows more about and trusts more perhaps. Not exactly rocket science.

Last edited by Monctonscout: 05-03-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old
05-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Rumcajs

Quote:
why would he play in the AHL ?

because Ottawa management said if he did so and proved himself there he would have a shot at the Senators roster.

When it appeared that he wasn't going to get a shot, for a variety of reasons he and his agent asked to be loaned to the KHL for the contract money.
He was slotted to play with Spezza on the top line but he just wasn't cutting it. His sloppy defensive play and positioning on top of his lack of effort in the offensive zone (the place where he was supposed to be best) earned him the meme "Filly don't do rebounds".

He was then sent down..struggled at first but then really took off. Called him up again, same old story from above. Our organization wanted to send him down..his agent basically responded "Lets talk about the KHL instead".

Tadahhhh. Bust for Columbus.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:17 PM
PuckInTheNards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
The blatant Russophobia that always comes up in threads like this is as disturbing as it is funny.

It is truly mind-boggling just how ignorant some people are, and how willing they are to show it.
It's true that no one has any proof to back up their suspicions about the way Russia treats its players but it's also true that corruption is so rampant it's commonplace in Russia. It's on another level compared to the US and Canada. And yes... I have first hand knowledge of this.

So... no idea if anyone's been threatened or bribed but it's ten times more likely with a Russian player than with an American or Canadian (or Finn or Swede)

Old
05-03-2012, 10:39 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
He was slotted to play with Spezza on the top line but he just wasn't cutting it. His sloppy defensive play and positioning on top of his lack of effort in the offensive zone (the place where he was supposed to be best) earned him the meme "Filly don't do rebounds".

He was then sent down..struggled at first but then really took off. Called him up again, same old story from above. Our organization wanted to send him down..his agent basically responded "Lets talk about the KHL instead".

Tadahhhh. Bust for Columbus.
I agree, it appears that Nikita didn't want to put in the time in the AHL at that salary level. Further he wanted to have an NHL salary but was not doing the things he was paid for. Scoring. Coach Maclean even said so.

In Filatov's case English is not a barrier as it is for Kuz. But rather the willingness to put in the work at the lower levels required by management in order to get a shot with the big club. Murray the GM said as much too.

However it turns out Ottawa has Filatov's rights and maybe he will use the KHL to develop and hope to return to the NHL later.

Personally I think Ottawa can use a skilled offensive player who also buys into the overall team program of getting back on the play and doing the little things that prevent goals too.

Kuz doesn't have the experience that Nikita does, nor was he drafted by a franchise which is joke when it come to developing NHL players like the CBJ are.

honestly would you take millions to stay in russia or 10's of thousands to play in the AHL ?

especially with family relying on your salary

Thats a no brainer.

Old
05-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
I agree, it appears that Nikita didn't want to put in the time in the AHL at that salary level. Further he wanted to have an NHL salary but was not doing the things he was paid for. Scoring. Coach Maclean even said so.

In Filatov's case English is not a barrier as it is for Kuz. But rather the willingness to put in the work at the lower levels required by management in order to get a shot with the big club. Murray the GM said as much too.

However it turns out Ottawa has Filatov's rights and maybe he will use the KHL to develop and hope to return to the NHL later.

Personally I think Ottawa can use a skilled offensive player who also buys into the overall team program of getting back on the play and doing the little things that prevent goals too.

Kuz doesn't have the experience that Nikita does, nor was he drafted by a franchise which is joke when it come to developing NHL players like the CBJ are.

honestly would you take millions to stay in russia or 10's of thousands to play in the AHL ?

especially with family relying on your salary

Thats a no brainer.

Kuznetsov would not be playing in the AHL, and GMGM would have given him a max contract.

Everyone knows he wouldn't play in the AHL, he never was going to...
he has the skills to play in the NHL right now and he would.

Old
05-03-2012, 11:12 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Kuznetsov would not be playing in the AHL, and GMGM would have given him a max contract.

Everyone knows he wouldn't play in the AHL, he never was going to...
he has the skills to play in the NHL right now and he would.
yes well as I said, the issue with Kuz is a cultural, language and family one.

Nikita's problem was an AHL one.

now both are in the KHL which makes it a better league right ?

If I were a KHL fan I would be very happy about that

the question is will Radulov return home as well ?

also for the record I love the Caps Gm who was an excellent role player for the rangers back in the day. George McPhee was fearless and even has his own thread over on the rangers board.

Old
05-04-2012, 01:08 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
the question is will Radulov return home as well ?
he has valid contract with Salavat Yulaev Ufa for next season

Old
05-04-2012, 01:11 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
he has valid contract with Salavat Yulaev Ufa for next season
yes, thank you.

So I guess the question is will he stay beyond next year with Salavat ?

Old
05-04-2012, 12:32 PM
helicecopter

Quote:
yes, thank you.

So I guess the question is will he stay beyond next year with Salavat ?
no, the question is indeed "will he go back to Salavat next year?

Old
05-30-2012, 04:18 AM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

vCash: 2516
bump!
now was it about the same Zhenya Kuznetsov who is now world champion?

Old
05-30-2012, 04:38 AM
Hockeysemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
bump!
now was it about the same Zhenya Kuznetsov who is now world champion?
Yes sir. They have it on youtube now also, enjoy

Old
05-30-2012, 07:31 AM
h22prelude93

Epic bump, and very neat video. I think a lot of times we forget just how much the families of these players go through in order for their sons to succeed and become the hockey stars we've all come to know and love. Thank you very much for sharing.

Old
05-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Epic bump, and very neat video. I think a lot of times we forget just how much the families of these players go through in order for their sons to succeed and become the hockey stars we've all come to know and love. Thank you very much for sharing.
All the more respect for his decision to stay home with his club and his family.

Old
05-30-2012, 09:04 AM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
All the more respect for his decision to stay home with his club and his family.
Agreed, but I still hope Tarasenko comes over. Can you really blame me for wishing?

Old
05-30-2012, 11:07 AM
ed bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Also doesn't Kuznetsov's contract take him all the way up to the 2014 Olympics which the NHL is dangling the idea of not allowing their players to play in?

Old
05-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
Also doesn't Kuznetsov's contract take him all the way up to the 2014 Olympics which the NHL is dangling the idea of not allowing their players to play in?
Yup.

Old
05-30-2012, 05:16 PM
octopi

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
The KHL is also apparantly threatening their young players that going to the NHL is "Less of a chance to make the team"

Funny in a few short years he went from a tiny little thing to a pretty large adult.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
The KHL is also apparantly threatening their young players that going to the NHL is "Less of a chance to make the team"

Funny in a few short years he went from a tiny little thing to a pretty large adult.
lol KHL threatening?

ye, OK - it went something like this:
"Zhenya, if you leave- ve vill not invite you to Olympics, says I Evil KHL Dictator Medvedev- as I chose the Olympic team! MuahaAHAHA"

too funny

Old
06-18-2012, 05:54 AM
Hockeysemin

Evgeny Kuznetsov junior highlights

Hi here is a video of the new shining Russian star Evgeny Kuznetsov. One of the best young player in the game today. So i thought i could share it here

Old
08-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Hockeysemin

Closed Thread