HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question - college players and camps

Old
09-06-2010, 12:01 AM
braino

vCash: 500
Question - college players and camps

Hi,

I am wondering once NHL camps open if college kids are allowed to attend these? From what I know it seems as though anyone still at college hockey (NCAA) cannot have an NHL contract or attend any NHL camps. Is this correct though?

BRAINO

braino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 12:05 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by braino View Post
Hi,

I am wondering once NHL camps open if college kids are allowed to attend these? From what I know it seems as though anyone still at college hockey (NCAA) cannot have an NHL contract or attend any NHL camps. Is this correct though?

BRAINO
Correct. If they plan on returning to college they can not attend main training camp. However they can take part in a prospects camp or a prospects tournament(like Traverse City) if they pay their own way.

I would imagine the only two players the Rangers would have interest in are Hagelin and Kreider.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 12:08 AM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by braino View Post
Hi,

BRAINO
Per NCAA rules, they cannot sign a contract or they lose eligibility (are no longer amateurs).

Now when it comes to camps, it all matters when they occur. NCAA players can attend developmental camps in mid-summer if they pay their own way. If Traverse City Prospect Tournament was held earlier in the summer, they could attend that as well. Unfortunately, classes have started, and they cannot skip any classes to attend (against NCAA rules). Thus, they cannot attend the Traverse City or NHL training camps without losing NCAA eligibility.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote