HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hartford Wolf Pack Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2010, 09:23 AM
packfan62

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to packfan62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Wiikman is horrible. Not sure why Chad isn't playing but get this slug to the Checkers quick
Because he gave up 7 goals to Providence the night before.

If you really saw the way the defense was playing, you'd understand why people are defending Miika. Actually, it would've been nice to see the defense, because they didn't exist. I saw better play when I was down at a game in Charlotte.

And clearly, yes, I am a big fan of Miika's. But I don't let that cloud my judgement, if he truly sucked last night and it was all his fault, I'd say it.

Old
02-14-2010, 09:42 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan62 View Post
Because he gave up 7 goals to Providence the night before.

If you really saw the way the defense was playing, you'd understand why people are defending Miika. Actually, it would've been nice to see the defense, because they didn't exist. I saw better play when I was down at a game in Charlotte.

And clearly, yes, I am a big fan of Miika's. But I don't let that cloud my judgement, if he truly sucked last night and it was all his fault, I'd say it.
I went last night and while I agree with you the defense was bad lets not act like Wiikman played well and the game would've been 20-4 if it weren't for him.

He had a brutal game to go along with the piss poor defensive play.

Old
02-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
You know what guys and ladies I am sorry but you people really mistake bad goal tending for poor play a lot. When ever a favorite on here gives up a bunch of goals it is poor team play but if it was Vally he just sucks? Guys he was beat under his arm pit 2 times and was guilty of playing ass in the net most of the night. Take the blinders off. Yes the team is weaker but tonight no big saves.
His first AHL start since 10/30 and he did it in front of a piss poor team with 5 defenseman dressed. Goal opportunities were mostly result of a few turnovers and odd man rushes. And the game winning goal was on a pretty ridiculous pass by a Sound Tiger. So it's not like I'm not placing no blame on Wiik, but god damn man. Or did you get a better view of the game from your grainy internet stream than I did from my seat above the glass?

We had too many goons dressed.

Old
02-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Man Hartfords pretty bad this season considering all the hype about having Sanguinetti, Sauer, Potter, Heikkinen, Williams, and others back there on defense.

Injury bug really killing the club?

Old
02-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Vitto79

question- how many "over age" players can an AHL team have?

So for example Dandenault, Brashear are down now. anyone else?, whats the max?. Vally could be another

Old
02-14-2010, 11:52 AM
packfan62

Send a message via AIM to packfan62
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
I went last night and while I agree with you the defense was bad lets not act like Wiikman played well and the game would've been 20-4 if it weren't for him.

He had a brutal game to go along with the piss poor defensive play.
No, I agree, he didn't have a great game. But it wouldn't have been nearly as bad if he had gotten some help.

Old
02-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Sammy the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
question- how many "over age" players can an AHL team have?

So for example Dandenault, Brashear are down now. anyone else?, whats the max?. Vally could be another
They can have as many as they want on the roster, of course would not make sense to carry more than the max and take away spot for a prospect(s). But the limits on how many dress are below...

Each AHL Club must dress for each regularly scheduled or play-off game, at least eleven (11) Players, other than goaltenders, who have played in a total of not more than two hundred and sixty (260) regular season games in the National Hockey League, American Hockey League, International Hockey League, or any European Elite League, prior to the start of the season, and one (1) player, other than goaltenders, who has played in a total of not more than three hundred and twenty (320) regular season games in the National Hockey League, American Hockey League, International Hockey League, or any European Elite League, prior to the start of the season. Any Player who participates in European Elite League games during a hockey season in which the Player would be eligible to play in the Canadian Hockey League (excluding an overage year) shall not have such games count in the calculation of the two hundred and sixty (260) regular season games. Players on loan from the National Hockey League for a first fourteen (14) day conditioning period shall not be affected by the aforesaid experience requirement.

In the event a Club dresses fewer than seventeen (17) skaters, the number eleven (11) shall be reduced accordingly. In the event the Member Clubs elect to dress eighteen (18) skaters, the development rule minimum number of eleven (11) shall be increased to twelve (12).

Old
02-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
His first AHL start since 10/30 and he did it in front of a piss poor team with 5 defenseman dressed. Goal opportunities were mostly result of a few turnovers and odd man rushes. And the game winning goal was on a pretty ridiculous pass by a Sound Tiger. So it's not like I'm not placing no blame on Wiik, but god damn man. Or did you get a better view of the game from your grainy internet stream than I did from my seat above the glass?

We had too many goons dressed.
I am Calling BS man and your attitude stinks to. My grainy 50 inch plasma is just fine to watch the game and yes the game winner was a nice play but how about the other 5? 2 were great plays and 3 were so so. The guy was ass deep in the net and looked very slow side to side with his lateral movement he also was not tight in his butterfly with lots of openings in his pits and 5 hole. If he was so great they would never had traded for Chad.
Goons do you really want to go there? If your speaking about Brash at 38 slow and old he is better then 70% of the aHL

Old
02-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Burke1

http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...,439398.column

New Twist in Hartford

Old
02-15-2010, 12:49 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I am Calling BS man and your attitude stinks to. My grainy 50 inch plasma is just fine to watch the game and yes the game winner was a nice play but how about the other 5? 2 were great plays and 3 were so so. The guy was ass deep in the net and looked very slow side to side with his lateral movement he also was not tight in his butterfly with lots of openings in his pits and 5 hole. If he was so great they would never had traded for Chad.
Goons do you really want to go there? If your speaking about Brash at 38 slow and old he is better then 70% of the aHL
i dont know if i can disagree vehemently enough with you on that statement. Jarkko is one of the better posters on this site.

Old
02-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Last start in AHL was 10/30.
Last start in Charlotte was 1/29.
Thanks for the info--I had a feeling it was a long time between starts, but couldn't remember if Wiikman had played for the Wolfpack since he was recalled.

Old
02-15-2010, 02:01 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
And you're surprised when people question your credibility? I disagree wholeheartedly with every single point here, especially the first one concerning Jarkko.

Old
02-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Pack already down 2-0 after a few minutes... SO EMBARESSING...

1st goal, Brashear with a beer-league give away, poor goaltending on the deflection, 2nd goal Johnson behind his net passes the puck to a Pirate, skates out and scores...

How they've fallen... oh my.

3-0, JOHNSON IS A TOTAL JOKE... goes behind the goal to play the puck, puck bounce off somewhere, empty net goal for portland... is Johnson drunk?

3 goals on 4 shots on Johnson... *lol*

Old
02-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Sorry if my "attitude" stinks, maybe I'm just annoyed by this team.

The team basically ran two lines the first two periods of the game the other night. You neutralize a talented guy like Jordan Owens putting him on a line with Didi (who I LOVE as a 4th liner) and Brashear (who is a joke). The fourth line had Soryal, Carroll and I think Couture, a line that barely saw ice time the entire game. Then factor in no 6th defenseman and a core made up of guys like Williams and Nightingale. What a mess.

Old
02-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Also, I think I'm glad I forgot they had a game today. Ugh.

Old
02-15-2010, 12:47 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Pack already down 2-0 after a few minutes... SO EMBARESSING...

1st goal, Brashear with a beer-league give away, poor goaltending on the deflection, 2nd goal Johnson behind his net passes the puck to a Pirate, skates out and scores...

How they've fallen... oh my.

3-0, JOHNSON IS A TOTAL JOKE... goes behind the goal to play the puck, puck bounce off somewhere, empty net goal for portland... is Johnson drunk?

3 goals on 4 shots on Johnson... *lol*
Damn, so you mean the Rangers should hold on to Hank?

Seriously though, the Rangers need to go find a legitimate backup asap. Johnson should be playing in Hartford anyway, not getting called up every other game. Too inconvenient

Old
02-15-2010, 12:50 PM
squishy

Kinda funny to see what happened to Johnson today, in light of the debate over Wiikman on Saturday.

For the record, I think two of the goals on Wiikman on Saturday were kinda weak. But the bigger issue is... this team, as currently constituted, sucks.

Old
02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Yup. And as I was discussing with my dad the other night before the Bridgeport game...we're spoiled. This team that still might make the playoffs is the worst we've had.

Anyways, interesting Jacobs column in the Courant today about Howard Baldwin still wanting to get into the AHL business.

http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...7219450.column

Old
02-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Osminator

RFAs after this year:

Crowder, Ambühl, Heikkinen, Dupont, Pavel Valentenko (WTF?), Sauer, Zaba, Potter, Wiikman, Byers, Locke, Parenteau.

Valiquette is a UFA.

Which of those bums does one keep / try to re-sign?

Old
02-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Heikkinen, Dupont, Sauer, Byers. And maybe Zaba. Locke and Parenteau if they want to hang around and help the AHL club out.

Old
02-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Oh wow Nigel Williams scored. Fantastic.

Old
02-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Osminator

Weise = Ortmeyer 2 ... The Stone Hands Return.

Old
02-15-2010, 01:29 PM
squishy

LOL. When Bob Crawford interrupts his extremely professional play-by-play to say "Ugh, keep the puck out of the middle here boys!" you know it's not just the goaltending.

Old
02-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
LOL. When Bob Crawford interrupts his extremely professional play-by-play to say "Ugh, keep the puck out of the middle here boys!" you know it's not just the goaltending.
He's brutally honest, isnt he?

The defense for the Pack right now would be sent packing after 1 game if they came to Europe as imports...

Old
02-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Osminator

Can't wait for some poster to come in here and ask "How did Grachev do?"

Closed Thread