HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

"MY Top Sources Believe Kovalchuk A Leaf" LOL

Old
01-20-2010, 11:05 PM
SabresFreak97

vCash: 500
Is Eklund's Source a Bus Driver? Seems to fit the description a little.

Seriously I saw Eklund and I hesitated to click but then I saw 3 pages, and I thought..."Hey I wonder what funny things people are gonna say about now!"

SabresFreak97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:06 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4850
I like how the so called source refers to him as Burkie. Sounds like something a buddy would call him.
And so matter of fact "will get him".
I bet the source is a poster here.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:09 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
Riiiigghht....Kovalchuk would be most likely traded to a playoff contender, which the Leafs probably won't be.

Also, he won't sign as a FA in Toronto, he doesn't want hordes of people watching his every move and he has kids to worry about too.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:15 PM
hbk

Just seems this is more or less just one guys speculation, nothing more. Even then, it comes off more as a fan voicing his hopes than a real source with NHL ties.

I realize that Eklund does have credentials but his daily updates have become comedic material more than actually something that needs to be taken seriously.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:19 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Riiiigghht....Kovalchuk would be most likely traded to a playoff contender, which the Leafs probably won't be.

Also, he won't sign as a FA in Toronto, he doesn't want hordes of people watching his every move and he has kids to worry about too.
I can't remember the hordes of people watching Sundin's every move. This is Toronto and the Maple Leafs, not New York and the Yankees.

mikeo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:27 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Kessel, Kaberle, Schenn, and Kadri are their chips. This is Kovalchuk we are talking about so anyone else is just a "throw in." I think they also have a 2nd available in 2010 to throw around. I would imagine they would want to try to keep Kessel to keep Kovy company. Burke would surely look the goat giving away Kessel after what he spent to get him. And we are talking about an impending UFA here so if there are no contract guarantees (unlikely in a Toronto trade situation) involved then the package drastically changes.

Kovalchuk wants the spotlight? You know, there is this thing called unrestricted free agency where he can pick his stage on his own choice.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:27 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
I can't remember the hordes of people watching Sundin's every move. This is Toronto and the Maple Leafs, not New York and the Yankees.
I remember Sundin's wife making the front page back when he started dating her and the media stalked her paparazzi style. Sure, it was only a handful of times, but still.

Also, Kovalchuk's daughter probably already could make second line on that team...

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
Are you kidding, It's a media jungle here.

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

yeah, we'll get Kovalchuk...we'll give you Stajan + Finger + Deveaux, we'll also add Toskala if Atlanta gives us Kane + 1st!

And the funniest part is that today there was a feature on Sportsnet (or SC?) where Kovvy was saying he doesn't like being the center of attraction and likes his private life...

Quik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:41 PM
ItalianLeaf

Posting Rules: Unacceptable Conduct

1.) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists. Quotes by other members are not to be edited. You may reply to a partial quote, but do not change the quoted content in any way. No one likes to be misrepresented or have words put in their mouth.

2.) Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Bringing posts from one team forum to another for this purpose is also considered trolling.

3.) Spamming: Please do not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. You will not PM or email multiple members of this site the same message. This includes "bump threads" and posts intended merely to increase one's post count. Worthless posts with no content and nonsensical posts eat up space and waste everyone's time. One or two word responses such as "Me Too", "I agree", "great post!", smileys not accompanied by content, and similar responses may be considered spam. Creating large blank areas in posts is spam. These are not allowed on the hockey forums. Fantasy League announcements/solicitations are to be posted in the Fantasy Talk and Hockey Video Games Forum ONLY. If you solicit on our other forums you will be given an infraction for spamming and your posts will be deleted. Moderators on the team forums are permitted to allow a fantasy league thread or two for that team's fans (e.g., NY Ranger Fans Yahoo Fantasy League). Anything beyond that must use the Fantasy forum. Only free fantasy leagues are permitted. If you're charging money for it, take out an ad.

4.) EKLUNDING - Any mention of eklund, reference or any type of information provided that came from his site or from him directly that person shall accept a massive kick in the you know what and will be automatically banned.

5.) HOCKEYBUZZING - Read Rule 4 but with this infraction you get a second kick in the you know what plus a purple nurple!!

ItalianLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckNut View Post
You must be a Leaf's fan. Do you actually expect the Thrashers to add Armstrong to that deal?
furthest thing from it... I hate the leafs and would hate to see kovalchuk with them.

but as far as possible destinations go, the Leafs have the need, the cap space, and I believe the pieces to make it work.

but think about it, Hossa (plus Dupuis) fetched what?

think of it this way,

would you trade

Kaberle, Hagman, Ponikarovsky, Kadri for Armstrong, Esposito, Christiensen, and a mid round 1st ??

granted Kovalchuk is a bit better than Hossa, but I'd say that package (or something similar) from the leafs, is considerably better than what the Thrashers got for a UFA Hossa.

don't underestimate how good/valuable Kaberle is. If the Leafs were to trade him on his own (remember, he's not a UFA, he still has another year on a very manageable cap hit), they'd likely get a pretty sweet return for him.

Unless whatever team Atlanta trades him to gets to negotiate and agree in principle on a new deal for Kovalchuk, he won't get a "fair" return on what he's actually worth. Without that, whatever team gets him has no guarantee they will keep him past the summer, and I'm not seeing any team in the league in a situation were they can risk dismantling their team or their prospect pool just for a chance at keeping him long term (except maybe boston, but do they have the cap space to fit him in???)

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
I like how his entire reasoning is essentially, "Leafs get Kovy because kessels american". ...........

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:57 PM
HankTheTank

I'm a pretty avid Leaf hater but even I feel sorry for them on this one.

Still waiting for Jack Johnson + for Talbot trade to happen. Could be kicking off anytime eh Ekky baby?

HankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:03 AM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

He'll look good playing alongside Tavares.

Right Burkie????
Burkie????

are you there???

burkie...

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:19 AM
TheBrokenRib

So we had Kovalchuk to Washington as his best bet, then L.A and Chicago were in there, now we get(out of all the teams), the Leafs...? WTF? Why are these threads allowed to go on and others locked? Someone on HF is Eklund's *****.

TheBrokenRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:35 AM
btyahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
Not to defend it, but it does make it seem like it was a 'Kovalchuk will be a Leaf through Free Agency' type of thing, not a trade.
this

btyahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Jevko

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Don't insult dogs like that
yea dogs have a way higher intelligence level than him

Jevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Well it's official. I have no doubt in my mind kolvo is a leaf, Eklund said it!!!

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
Good god, i am speechless. But i think this clip is fitting of a Eklund thread.....

Motown Beatdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:52 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

To Toronto:

Kovalchuk

To Atlanta:

Kadri
Bozak
Stajan
1st Round picks years 2012 through 2016
2nd Round picks until Kovalchuk retires

Get er done Burkey.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:25 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooooooooooxxxanne View Post
great marketing...

trade deadline coming up, Eklund looking for more hits to his site and subscriptions...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFreak97 View Post
Is Eklund's Source a Bus Driver? Seems to fit the description a little.
Quote:
I bet the source is a poster here.
Are you implying this site makes lots of money of threads of Ek's false rumors?

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:36 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

LOL, what is there to say anymore?

It's bad enough people actually go to that site. To REPOST IT, as if it were ever actually to happen?

I would never click on that link. Judging by some of the stuff I've read, he doesn't even try to pretend he's lying.

And you people.. you people that support this. I just, it blows my mind to see Eklund threads.

Nothing of what he says EVER happens. EVER. And what does happen is reported somewhere else first.

Jesus.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 04:01 AM
soybean

When was the last time Eklund was right? Was he ever right?

I think he was referring to him signing as a FA; as TML has no chance to get him via trade.
I could have made this crap up at the beginning of the season. He wants max, and the leafs can afford max. There, he's coming to Toronto.

Eklunds' next posting reads "Fla is serious about Dion Phanuef" C'mon.....

soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 06:31 AM
Ty Webb*

I prefer the e3, e4 etc system to making up imaginary conversations with imaginary people. Die in a fire Eklund.

Ty Webb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 07:34 AM
discobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianLeaf View Post