HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You can't win a game on a two player team 4-3 OT loss

Old
01-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Are people going to recognize Price for getting us a point, or blame him for not getting 2???
Look at goal 2. Bad Price giveaway. Bad Rebound Control. Bad recovery.

He should be nailed to the bench for a while after that game.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:16 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I usually defend Price but he was weak on that 4th goal.

That said, we didnt deserve to win this game either. We almost stole it but didnt.

AHLer on 2nd line, 2 D on 4th line. Cant win games with that line up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
because the grannies and the kids got brainwashed by all the overhype around price the media/journalists/CH /bandwagon-price-for-vezina-fans /you guys created, it doesn't mean people with brains who actually watch the game can't come up with the conclusion that the price was wrong on the OT goal. Brunet's initial observation was that is was markov's fault ... at that moment , I bet you agreed.
There smart guy. I am intelligent enough to admit when a goaler was weak on a goal. I hate guys like you pretending you are smart, pretending others are stupid and ignorant because they dont share the same opinions as yours. I know Price has potential to be a good goalie, but i never call him a future vezina winner or whatever... Dont put words in my mouth.

If you think he was weak on all the 4 goals including that beautiful tip from Perron, you are cleary a hater and dont have a good judgement. Do you really want Price to keep his gloves high when the puck was going just over his pads? Are you ****ing blind?

Now stop being an *** and pretending i believe everything Brunet say. Dont ****ing provoke me. I think I know my hockey quite well.

Now tell me smart guy how did you think the 20 guys in front of him play. You seem to have an obsession on Price and ignore the fact the team has played like **** in the first 40 min.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:20 AM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Look at goal 2. Bad Price giveaway. Bad Rebound Control. Bad recovery.

He should be nailed to the bench for a while after that game.
He will sit 1 game untill Halak sucks again then back in the net ... cant you see the forwards and dman suck too ????????? wake the hell up

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:25 AM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
He will sit 1 game untill Halak sucks again then back in the net ... cant you see the forwards and dman suck too ????????? wake the hell up
Time to wake up and realize the goalies on this team are the last of our worries. We have two great goaltenders, and every single other area of the team needs to be addressed before calling out the goaltenders.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:27 AM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Time to wake up and realize the goalies on this team are the last of our worries. We have two great goaltenders, and every single other area of the team needs to be addressed before calling out the goaltenders.
I agree with you the habs are a 1 line team ,, soft as butter

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:28 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Forget it, this board has gone crazy.

They are obsessed with Price. Seriously, I start to wonder if some of em wishes Price to do bad and come here to "celebrate" because believe me, when Price wins and do well, they are all hiding and doesnt care.

They dont care about how bad the team plays. Like today. No effort or emotion until Price shows some.. and then it went death again. St. Louis was outplaying the Habs at home.. but noooo.. all they remember is that OT goal. We played 1 period out of 3, but they still manage to blame the goalie for the loss.

Last game, Halak let in 6 goals, and the Price hater was nowhere to be found in the PGT just sayin'.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:32 AM
CPrice

Quote:

They are obsessed with Price. Seriously, I start to wonder if some of em wishes Price to do bad and come here to "celebrate" because believe me, when Price wins and do well, they are all hiding and doesnt care.

They dont care about how bad the team plays. Like today. No effort or emotion until Price shows some.. and then it went death again. St. Louis was outplaying the Habs at home.. but noooo.. all they remember is that OT goal. We played 1 period out of 3, but they still manage to blame the goalie for the loss.

Last game, Halak let in 6 goals, and the Price hater was nowhere to be found in the PGT.
Yep, exactly. Its getting pathetic, and just gets worse by the day. Find myself trying to argue both sides so people realize its not the goaltenders. Montreal has been very lucky with the calibre of goaltenders over the years. Other areas are lacking, but not the goal tending.

Old
01-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Habit11

Quote:

Maybe people only see 1 player on the ice at all times for the Habs?? Silly really. Maybe because there is a perception that Dryden and Roy stole this team some cups during yester-year, but the reality is, in today's NHL it takes an entire team to win, not 1 player. Detroit has actually done remarkably well with less than stellar goalteding for a long, long time because they play so well as a team.

Halak=Price because they both play in front of the same slow, push over defence. I almost wish we had Biron/Toskala as our tandem, just so people would maybe realize that this TEAM has a long road ahead. TEAM game.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:42 AM
Edgy

We win - it's a goalie debate
We lose - it's a goalie debate/pissing contest
Team plays like they don't belong on an ice rink - it's a goalie debate
Talk about coaching - let's turn it into a goalie debate
Discussing the weather - why not turn it into a goalie debate?

It's getting beyond inane.

On most nights we do not lose because of our goalies, we do however win some we have no business winning by any measure when they stand on their head. This fact alone (ignoring the age, experience and learning curve factors) should allow us to forgive them if they let in a softie on occasion.

When our goalies are not playing great, the team should be able to score a few goals and neutralize the opposition's offense; but I have yet to see that this season and all that seems to matter to most posters here and some of the media is the friggin goalie debate.

Edgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:42 AM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Maybe people only see 1 player on the ice at all times for the Habs?? Silly really. Maybe because there is a perception that Dryden and Roy stole this team some cups during yester-year, but the reality is, in today's NHL it takes an entire team to win, not 1 player. Detroit has actually done remarkably well with less than stellar goalteding for a long, long time because they play so well as a team.

Halak=Price because they both play in front of the same slow, push over defence. I almost wish we had Biron/Toskala as our tandem, just so people would maybe realize that this TEAM has a long road ahead. TEAM game.
Sounds like a shorter road then you think. We would be drafting Hall for the rebuild.

Old
01-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Habit11

Quote:
Sounds like a shorter road then you think. We would be drafting Hall for the rebuild.
I think a few changes in a personnel, and a change in philosophy could turn the team around immediately. It's mind boggling to me that this team has the top PP, which means they are very skilled, but play such a passive game. Would be nice if JM let them loose on offence because then the goalies wouldn't have to be near perfect every night. Imagine that pressure of knowing that in order to play the next game you have to not only win, but basically steal it every time. It's like playing with a gun to your head.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:51 AM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
I think a few changes in a personnel, and a change in philosophy could turn the team around immediately. It's mind boggling to me that this team has the top PP, which means they are very skilled, but play such a passive game. Would be nice if JM let them loose on offence because then the goalies wouldn't have to be near perfect every night. Imagine that pressure of knowing that in order to play the next game you have to not only win, but basically steal it every time. It's like playing with a gun to your head.
Seems like the PP has been slowing day as of late. I don't think JM can let the offense loose before he tightens up their defensive game. The teams positioning is horrible. So many turnovers and giveaways appear to me to be the result of poor positioning.

Old
01-21-2010, 01:59 AM
HF-Addict

The system sucks, three out of our 4 actual lines can't enter the offensive zone. All 4 can't get out of their zones easily. That's what I saw tonight, low percentage shots from the perimeter (very far perimeter), inability to enter menacingly the offensive zone with speed, a knack for dumping the puck in the corner with zero forecheck, zero 5 on 5 pressure, inability to dump the puck out of their zone while being pressured (would love to see the time the puck is in our zone compared to the team we face).

The PP, PK, Gomez and Pouliot (5 on 5) are the only ones steering this team.

Problems are deeper than our goaltenders (which I think do a fine job).

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:21 AM
habtastic

Quote:

Last game, Halak let in 6 goals, and the Price hater was nowhere to be found in the PGT just sayin'.
agree...it's getting stupid

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 05:14 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov4Captain View Post
Everytime we lose a game, it has to be Price's fault and if not, then Halak.
Someone in this thread said that any time your goalie gives 4 goals it's going to be hard to win and that's just how it is. Giving up 4 goals is not a good performance on 95% of nights. #1 goalies have to stop hard shots from time to time, that's the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov4Captain View Post
We lose a game we should have won, and the goaltender is to blame? No. We played 20min, of hockey, and ultimately payed the price. If we could play the way we played in third, during the whole game, im convinced we would have a W right now.
There isn't a single team out there that play 60 minutes to their potential for 82 games. The good teams win games where they didn't play with playoffs type energy. When you expect 100% from all 19 players every game to win, your team isn't good enough to make the playoffs. And even if they do make it, they won't get far in the playoffs. We've won plenty of games where not everyone gave their best and when we did we had solid goaltending performances in most cases. This has to continue if we want to win games. It's that simple. That said, we're probably already out of a playoff spot. And even if we were to make it, it's not going to be a long ride.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 05:18 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Yep, exactly. Its getting pathetic, and just gets worse by the day. Find myself trying to argue both sides so people realize its not the goaltenders. Montreal has been very lucky with the calibre of goaltenders over the years. Other areas are lacking, but not the goal tending.
The goalies haven't been great at all so far this season. Both Price and Halak have been very average. Which is to be expected from two sub 25 year old goalies.

The team isn't great either. So you're right, it's not just the goalies. But no team is ever going to play 60 min of solid hockey every 82 games of the regular season. It does not happen. With an average team, you can't afford to have average goaltending.

Personally, I realize this. I don't blame the goalies more than the team. But they're both to blame. If we had a stronger offense and bailed out our goalie this wouldn't be a problem. Maybe our goalies would develop confidence. But it also goes both ways. If our goalies were better our offense would be more confident. Fact is, this is an average team, at all levels. And this is the reason why we're closer to the bottom of the league wide standings than to the top.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 06:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
The goalies haven't been great at all so far this season. Both Price and Halak have been very average. Which is to be expected from two sub 25 year old goalies.

The team isn't great either. So you're right, it's not just the goalies. But no team is ever going to play 60 min of solid hockey every 82 games of the regular season. It does not happen. With an average team, you can't afford to have average goaltending.

Personally, I realize this. I don't blame the goalies more than the team. But they're both to blame. If we had a stronger offense and bailed out our goalie this wouldn't be a problem. Maybe our goalies would develop confidence. But it also goes both ways. If our goalies were better our offense would be more confident. Fact is, this is an average team, at all levels. And this is the reason why we're closer to the bottom of the league wide standings than to the top.
What the hell are you smoking???

Price and Halak have been very average?? If not for our goalies we'd have 8-10 less points in the standings(read Maple Leafs) and we'd alreasdy be eliminated from playoff contention.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 07:13 AM
TankEller*

On a greater note, looks like Cammalleri is going hot once again. 3 goals in his last 4 games (the last goal finally was credited to him)... Good for him! The drive for 40 is still alive! 23 goals in 51 games, he's currently on pace for a 37 goals season. Not bad for a non-playoffs team without Iginla (so far...).

I really think we've got ourselves a GREAT building block in Pouliot. Lats is going well in Minny and good for him, but Pouliot just has everything to succeed:

Speed, great shot, size, anticipation, and even a mean streak.

He just has to be consistant in his effort level and he'll develop nicely into a regular 30 goals, 25 assists type of player, which is good considering he's creating space with his size and speed as well. Martin should play him with Gomez and Gionta on PPs as well.

Oh, and for the love of god, when S. Kostitsyn is back, send Pacioretty down. D'Agostini is not any better, in fact he's worst, but his development isn't as important to the Habs as Patches'.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Andy

You know why people turn things into a goalie debate?

Because when you don't know anything about hockey, the easiest thing to do is to blame the goalies.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 07:56 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
You know why people turn things into a goalie debate?

Because when you don't know anything about hockey, the easiest thing to do is to blame the goalies.
/thread

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Perfect shot on the 4th? HAHAHA! Yeah perfect if your just being lazy maybe.
i supposed if that shot was taken by one of our players in OT, then youd call it a perfect shot eh? The hate for this kid in unbelieveable. No matter what this kid does, he will always be hated. He can allow 1 goal a game and people will still say, '' that goal is weak''. if carey price's name was desjardns, or beaudoin, or tremblay or whatever, i bet these boards would look really different. Yes im playing the language card because im sure 'those' fans dont like the fact that hes western canadian and also that gainey loves him and we all know how 'those' people feel towards gainey. As the poster above just wrote, when you dont know anything about hockey, you blame the goalie. Its as simple as that, and most fans dont know anything about hockey..just wanna certain players do well, they couldnt give a **** about the habs.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 08:10 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
What are you tools around here going to do next season when Price and Halak exercise their rights to Restricted Free Agency and leave the organization?
Who will you blame then for this teams poor performance?
Spacek and Gill even more then you do? Maybe the replacement goalie(s)?

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 08:14 AM
otto bond

Quote:
There smart guy. I am intelligent enough to admit when a goaler was weak on a goal. I hate guys like you pretending you are smart, pretending others are stupid and ignorant because they dont share the same opinions as yours. I know Price has potential to be a good goalie, but i never call him a future vezina winner or whatever... Dont put words in my mouth.

If you think he was weak on all the 4 goals including that beautiful tip from Perron, you are cleary a hater and dont have a good judgement. Do you really want Price to keep his gloves high when the puck was going just over his pads? Are you ****ing blind?

Now stop being an *** and pretending i believe everything Brunet say. Dont ****ing provoke me. I think I know my hockey quite well.

Now tell me smart guy how did you think the 20 guys in front of him play. You seem to have an obsession on Price and ignore the fact the team has played like **** in the first 40 min.
So we lose and it's Price falt....wow. Glad you told him to go.....
Price is cold now. Goal against are goals. The team is playing awfull and now the goalie have all the burden on their shoulders. Not good news cause rarely do you see a yougn goalie be consistant and we have 2 yougn guys. What I hate the most is how often the puck is on the other team stick. Sure we outshot them but realy, we did not outchanced them. Plus the quality of chances where......screw this...this team has nothing going right.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
So we lose and it's Price falt....wow. Glad you told him to go.....
Price is cold now. Goal against are goals. The team is playing awfull and now the goalie have all the burden on their shoulders. Not good news cause rarely do you see a yougn goalie be consistant and we have 2 yougn guys. What I hate the most is how often the puck is on the other team stick. Sure we outshot them but realy, we did not outchanced them. Plus the quality of chances where......screw this...this team has nothing going right.
You know what's worse? When you got idiotic fans who know nothing about hockey and try to put the blame of a bad team on a goalie's shoulders.

Fans and Media are what is wrong with the team. Because of them we are never going to be able to do a proper rebuild. Imagine the backlash the team is going to get if we're out of the playoff picture and Gainey sells and Plekanec is one of those players he trades. OMG I can't wait.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
You know what's worse? When you got idiotic fans who know nothing about hockey and try to put the blame of a bad team on a goalie's shoulders.

Fans and Media are what is wrong with the team. Because of them we are never going to be able to do a proper rebuild. Imagine the backlash the team is going to get if we're out of the playoff picture and Gainey sells and Plekanec is one of those players he trades. OMG I can't wait.
we should leave those descisions to the wanna-be GMs on HF, they clearly know what their doin more than gainey....

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote