HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You can't win a game on a two player team 4-3 OT loss

Old
01-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Nedved

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
So here's how this goes.

-Poster says Price stole us a point
-Others disagree but say he played decently
-People that disagreed are called Halak homers and are 'ed at
-Price bashing begins
-Halak bashing from the Price homers begins in response to the above
-Poster wishes harm upon Price
-Poster gets ridiculed
-Price gets bashed
-Poster comes in and asks how Halak does against .500 teams
-Poster comes in and asks when Price has stepped up his game when it matters

That, folks, is how to turn a PGT into a Price vs Halak pissfest.
you're missing one.

markov needs to be better for us. he is pathetic, couldnt even score on a breakaway and give us a **** **** ****...winning goal. why did some want this guy to be captain?

added swear words for an anger affect.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kimota
Three Bananas

You guys should have watched L'Anti-Chambre on RDS. They were coming up with their trade ideas. PJ Stock came up with something like the Habs getting Carter, Colbrun and Hartnell for Price, Plekanec and 2 first round picks.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old

The Price lovers are as annoying as the Price haters. Why is there not a median with people who think Price is a good goalie but not the ****ing savior of this team? It's only Price lovers and haters on this board.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
I don't care what anyone says, anytime your goaltender lets in 4 goals you're going to have a hard time winning. If anyone thinks letting in 4 goals is a good performance and we're supposed to praise him, give your head a shake. The goalie HAS to stop goals like that in OT if you want to be a number one in the NHL.

I'm not saying Halak is God, and I'm not saying he would've played better - I'm simply saying that Price man, you gotta stop those 30 foot wristers. And I call out the people who say it was a great shot - yeah it was, but if the goalie positions himself properly there's no way that goes in. Seriously people, this is the NHL not a Sunday industrial league.

If this team ever expects to make noise, like it or not it starts with the goaltender. Big saves give the rest of the team confidence to play more agressively and it grows from there. As long as Price OR Halak keep letting in those heartbreakers, we will always be an on the bubble teM no matter who is playing in front of them.

And oh yeah - Price blows. (sorry, just disappointed)
Aw **** maybe next time we should just lose in regualtion so our goalie would have only given up 3 goals and by your logic that means he played well.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't care what anyone says, anytime your goaltender lets in 4 goals you're going to have a hard time winning. If anyone thinks letting in 4 goals is a good performance and we're supposed to praise him, give your head a shake. The goalie HAS to stop goals like that in OT if you want to be a number one in the NHL.

I'm not saying Halak is God, and I'm not saying he would've played better - I'm simply saying that Price man, you gotta stop those 30 foot wristers. And I call out the people who say it was a great shot - yeah it was, but if the goalie positions himself properly there's no way that goes in. Seriously people, this is the NHL not a Sunday industrial league.

If this team ever expects to make noise, like it or not it starts with the goaltender. Big saves give the rest of the team confidence to play more agressively and it grows from there. As long as Price OR Halak keep letting in those heartbreakers, we will always be an on the bubble teM no matter who is playing in front of them.

I see you're point BH, but what if your goaltender lets in 4 goal. But easily saved about 4 others with great saves?

Price wasn't great tonight, I don't think anyone will argue that. But he did give the team a chance to win tonight , which is pretty much all you can ask of your goalie.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:53 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
I only saw one softie, please entice me on which the second softie was.
The 2nd goal and the 35+ feet wrister from the the top of the faceoff circle that won the game...It was a awesome shot, awesome but a NHL goalie have to stop pucks from that far, just have to.

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

These boards were so much more fun and deeper like 3-4 years ago....what happened???

So much out right hate and disrespect, I don't get it are Habs fans that disloyal or just plain ignorant towards talent in Price???

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
In montreal

Rule #1: Loses are all on the goalies
Rule #2: Bad bounces= Weak/Suspect goals
Rule #3: Perfect shots don't exist
Rule #4: For a goalie to have a good game he needs to have a shutout or else it means he played bad.
Rule #5: Never comment on how bad your team is playing because it's the goalies fault for not coming up with the "big save" not the players for never showing up.

Anyone want to continue the game?
+100000000

Perfect summary of HF after a loss

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:54 PM
hendextall

Quote:

And your saying Price didn't make any big saves during the game? The real problem is that the team can't be allowing this many good scoring chances. No goalie is going to stop all of them.

It's really simple, you limit the scoring chances, you limit the goals. I don't know why people don't get this. I don't understand this mentality that a goalie is going to be perfect all the time or else he is no good. It's just stupid because it is not realistic.

hendextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
You guys should have watched L'Anti-Chambre on RDS. They were coming up with their trade ideas. PJ Stock came up with something like the Habs getting Carter, Colbrun and Hartnell for Price, Plekanec and 2 first round picks.
And that is why PJ Stock is on CBC and is an idiot!

Old
Andy

Quote:

If this team ever expects to make noise, like it or not it starts with the goaltender. Big saves give the rest of the team confidence to play more agressively and it grows from there. As long as Price OR Halak keep letting in those heartbreakers, we will always be an on the bubble team no matter who is playing in front of them.

Halak and Price have similar stats. Halak has let in 4+ goals 8 times this year, Price has done it 4 times.

What the rangers game and tonights game should prove is that so long as the team in front doesnt play with a 60 minute effort, you can have a brick wall in front of the net and we would still lose.

Why can't people get this through their heads. You give a team enough scoring chances, they are bound to go in and the habs are allowing far too many.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
These boards were so much more fun and deeper like 3-4 years ago....what happened???

So much out right hate and disrespect, I don't get it are Habs fans that disloyal or just plain ignorant towards talent in Price???
The problem is that the team continues to be mediocre. It's that simple.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
If I was a mod, I'd likely have 200 posters banned within my first week.
Haha...it's harder to ban a poster than you might think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
The Price lovers are as annoying as the Price haters. Why is there not a median with people who think Price is a good goalie but not the ****ing savior of this team? It's only Price lovers and haters on this board.
Actually that's part of what's good and bad about the Habs board. We have so many passionate fans, that the debates can become intense. Unfortunately that passion also blinds us, which makes it hard for either side to understand reason.

Old
01-20-2010, 10:55 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
As much as I love Price, I will call him out when he is bad...but we have to recognize he got us a point tonight in a game we didn't deserve one.

Old
01-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Stradale

Thank you mods for cleaning this PGT.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Markov4Captain

Everytime we lose a game, it has to be Price's fault and if not, then Halak.

We lose a game we should have won, and the goaltender is to blame? No. We played 20min, of hockey, and ultimately payed the price. If we could play the way we played in third, during the whole game, im convinced we would have a W right now.

It feels like most people on this board, are just waiting for Price to make a mistake in order to jump on him, same thing for Halak. In this loss, Carey is the least of my worries. Seeing JM put Gill and Mara in overtime is what wories me. Seeing this team play 5 on 5 worries me. And seeing JM desperatly trying to find a winger for the first line, to no avail is what worries me. Our goaltenders are not the problem and if people don't realize that after 52 games, something seriously has gone wrong.

Looking forward to Friday's game, wondering which team will show up? The team that played in the first so badly or the team that dominated in the third.

Markov4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:57 PM
HabsIn7

Now everyone share your secrets for staying awake during Devils games.

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:58 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
The 2nd goal and the 35+ feet wrister from the the top of the faceoff circle that won the game...It was a awesome shot, awesome but a NHL goalie have to stop pucks from that far, just have to.
1)It was at the hashmarks
2)Perfect shots exist
3)Watch other goalies play to because you will be shocked on how many weak goals they let in by your standards.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

Maybe it's just me, but the tone of most discussions around here seem like a bunch of people yelling rather than actually talking.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I see you're point BH, but what if your goaltender lets in 4 goal. But easily saved about 4 others with great saves?

Price wasn't great tonight, I don't think anyone will argue that. But he did give the team a chance to win tonight , which is pretty much all you can ask of your goalie.
That's the problem with Price though as he plays well but then bang, a weak goal there, another weak goal there. And let's face it even if he played good, he didn't play great in my opinion, even if we forget the 4 goals. It wasn't unreal Price tonight, making miraculous saves.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
The problem is that the team continues to be mediocre. It's that simple.
Bingo, this board takes a 180 degree turn during a winning streak.

Old
01-20-2010, 11:00 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post

The thing is, he sees it in an absolute way. It's like saying killing is unacceptable whatever the reason. If he let's in 4 goals every game, there may be a problem, but, otherwise, you need to look at all the goals individually.

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
That's the problem with Price though as he plays well but then bang, a weak goal there, another weak goal there. And let's face it even if he played good, he didn't play great in my opinion, even if we forget the 4 goals. It wasn't unreal Price tonight, making miraculous saves.
I totally agree with you KG. Price wasn't fantastic tonight, but if our team would have came out firing in the first period instead of turning it on late in the 3rd. We wouldn't be having this discussion about Price letting in 4 goals.

Old
HabsIn7

The fact that NEITHER of our goalies seem to win much vs quality teams should settle the goalie debate. THe team is average at best.

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov4Captain View Post
Everytime we lose a game, it has to be Price's fault and if not, then Halak.

We lose a game we should have won, and the goaltender is to blame? No. We played 20min, of hockey, and ultimately payed the price. If we could play the way we played in third, during the whole game, im convinced we would have a W right now.

It feels like most people on this board, are just waiting for Price to make a mistake in order to jump on him, same thing for Halak. In this loss, Carey is the least of my worries. Seeing JM put Gill and Mara in overtime is what wories me. Seeing this team play 5 on 5 worries me. And seeing JM desperatly trying to find a winger for the first line, to no avail is what worries me. Our goaltenders are not the problem and if people don't realize that after 52 games, something seriously has gone wrong.

Looking forward to Friday's game, wondering which team will show up? The team that played in the first so badly or the team that dominated in the third.
This pretty much summarizes the game perfectly. Couldn't say it any better

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote