HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes keeping Mueller; Looking for a top 6 forward and depth Dman before deadline?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2010, 06:28 PM
  #51
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,249
vCash: 500
I'm not giving up Turris when there's no chance in hell we're winning the Cup this year.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
  #52
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Turris and Boedker are going nowhere, unless it's for a legitamite 1st line player. We would be screwing ourselves as a franchise if we settled for anything less.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 06:24 PM
  #53
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
Some fan purposed this on the main board.

TO PHX
Horcoff
Moreau
EDM 1st 2010

TO EDM
Turis
PHX 1st 2010

I think id do this trade just to have the shot at Taylor Hall.
How about they keep Moreau and Horcoff as their both useless and we dont need their crappy-ness rubbing off on our players.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 07:41 PM
  #54
Dylbot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Leafs fan here. Brian Burke has made it clear that he's willing to take on other teams undesired contracts in exchange for a draft pick. Looking at the Coyotes cap hits on nhlnumbers.com nothing strikes me, but are there any contracts that the Coyotes would be interested in getting rid of?

Also keep in mind that you could dump minor league contracts or guys on the LTIR on the Leafs as well, like the lightning did last season. The organization could certainly use the extra cash and the Leafs could surely us the draft pick.

As for player the Leafs could offer, Exelby is certainly available and is a decent 5-6 defenceman. Expiring contract that isn't too pricey.

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 08:04 PM
  #55
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
Leafs fan here. Brian Burke has made it clear that he's willing to take on other teams undesired contracts in exchange for a draft pick. Looking at the Coyotes cap hits on nhlnumbers.com nothing strikes me, but are there any contracts that the Coyotes would be interested in getting rid of?

Also keep in mind that you could dump minor league contracts or guys on the LTIR on the Leafs as well, like the lightning did last season. The organization could certainly use the extra cash and the Leafs could surely us the draft pick.

As for player the Leafs could offer, Exelby is certainly available and is a decent 5-6 defenceman. Expiring contract that isn't too pricey.
Maloney and Burke share similar philosophies with their reluctance to take on long-term deals.

That being said, Maloney hasn't saddled the franchise with any contracts that would be considered "bad". Jovo maybe but he only has one year left and even then we still have to be cognizant of reaching the cap floor.

Depending on when Sauer returns, I'm not sure how much in the market we are for another depth defenseman.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 08:25 PM
  #56
Dylbot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Maloney and Burke share similar philosophies with their reluctance to take on long-term deals.

That being said, Maloney hasn't saddled the franchise with any contracts that would be considered "bad". Jovo maybe but he only has one year left and even then we still have to be cognizant of reaching the cap floor.

Depending on when Sauer returns, I'm not sure how much in the market we are for another depth defenseman.
Are there any minor league contract that they would like to get rid of?

I suggested Exelby because of the title of the thread. Poni is definitely available as well. Also has an expiring contract thats not too pricey for what he brings.

I think given the money foes of the organization they will load up for a the first playoff run in quite some time.


Last edited by Dylbot: 01-25-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 09:49 PM
  #57
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
There was a Exelby for Muller rumor earlier in the year. Clearly GMDM made the right call on that one. Maybe thats what you were alluding too? oops my bad

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 09:53 PM
  #58
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Maloney and Burke share similar philosophies with their reluctance to take on long-term deals.

That being said, Maloney hasn't saddled the franchise with any contracts that would be considered "bad". Jovo maybe but he only has one year left and even then we still have to be cognizant of reaching the cap floor.

Depending on when Sauer returns, I'm not sure how much in the market we are for another depth defenseman.
Can't really blame Maloney for that one considering he wasn't here yet...

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 09:50 AM
  #59
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
Jovo was a pretty good signing anyway. When you sign a UFA in his prime, you have to pony up some serious cash. There's just no way around it. And Jovanovski did produce for us.

It's just too bad we haven't been making the playoffs, he's the type of vet that would provide that extra touch of toughness, clutch scoring and leadership that makes a difference. Hopefully we'll get to benefit from it this season and next.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:00 AM
  #60
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz
 
wpgyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,741
vCash: 500
Ponikarovsky is a shooter that I could see us having interest in, but where does he fit? On the wing with Lang and Mueller? He's a 20-goal scorer when healthy and seems to care enough to compete on a semi-regular basis. He probably needs a change of scenery, especially since he's had unfair expectations put on him since Sundin departed the hockey mecca.

Our goals-for/goals-against differential is concerning to me. Sooner or later you are going to start losing more of those one-goal games.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 11:11 PM
  #61
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
For some reason, I am seriously sensing a deal with a Leafs. And by the looks of this thread, it seems we all are

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 11:29 PM
  #62
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Home of Kokanee Beer
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,863
vCash: 500
Pyatt for Poni?

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 12:22 AM
  #63
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
Our goals-for/goals-against differential is concerning to me. Sooner or later you are going to start losing more of those one-goal games.
But not tonight

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 01:08 AM
  #64
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
Okay so apparently Filatov is rumored to be traded. People worry about him because he is Russian, but from what I have read, he is dedicated to playing in the NHL, and that is why he is frustrated with the Jackets. He comes up, puts great numbers on the score sheets, then gets sent down to make room for their older guys. Would anybody like the idea of acquring Filatov in a package for Mueller? It IS young talent for young talent..?

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 01:20 AM
  #65
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?
 
Naych_PHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: phoenix
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
If Filatov didn't agree with playing in Hitch's system, I don't think it would be any different under Tippett.

Besides, my patience with Russians is starting to wear thin. I need to see some actual tangent results to start to warm up to them again.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 02:10 AM
  #66
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
Okay so apparently Filatov is rumored to be traded. People worry about him because he is Russian, but from what I have read, he is dedicated to playing in the NHL, and that is why he is frustrated with the Jackets. He comes up, puts great numbers on the score sheets, then gets sent down to make room for their older guys. Would anybody like the idea of acquring Filatov in a package for Mueller? It IS young talent for young talent..?
If a Mueller trade has to happen, that's definitely the kind of return I'd be expecting. That said, I share the same concerns as Naych, not so much the Russian thing but I'd definitely be worried that he'd clash with Tippet. Though I have faith that DM would ensure all were on the same page before he made such a move. At least Tipp would play Filatov and I have a feeling Filatov would be happy to get the amount of minutes Mueller is getting. I think his main gripe was being sent to the AHL when he showed at least enough promise to get bottom line minutes in the NHL. I think the kid is addicted to the big arena atmosphere (low attendance jokes aside) and loves the limelight. It would be nice to have someone with a drive to score. Responsible 2-way play is important but at times I just wish they Yotes had a player with the mindset of "**** it, I'm going to score!!!".

Though what I'm really hoping is that Mueller keeps working his tail off and no trade ends up being the best decision of DM's career.


Last edited by Sinurgy: 01-28-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 02:20 AM
  #67
yakko
Registered User
 
yakko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
If Filatov didn't agree with playing in Hitch's system, I don't think it would be any different under Tippett.
I tend to agree with this and the team wasn't exactly patient with Lisin either.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:44 AM
  #68
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz
 
wpgyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
I tend to agree with this and the team wasn't exactly patient with Lisin either.
If Filatov is as bad defensively as Lisin was for us, then I don't see Maloney even considering him. It's not like we got burned and Lisin flourished in New York... it looks like he's wearing out his welcome in the Big Apple, too. I think Korpikoski is a much better fit considering the defensive awareness he brings.. the offence appears to be coming around in small chunks with the more ice-time he gets. I'm still not sold on him, but he's put together a nice package of games here lately.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 10:48 AM
  #69
pyregretzky
 
pyregretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
Okay so apparently Filatov is rumored to be traded. People worry about him because he is Russian, but from what I have read, he is dedicated to playing in the NHL, and that is why he is frustrated with the Jackets. He comes up, puts great numbers on the score sheets, then gets sent down to make room for their older guys. Would anybody like the idea of acquring Filatov in a package for Mueller? It IS young talent for young talent..?
I'd rather them try for Radulov first

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 12:30 PM
  #70
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?
 
Naych_PHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: phoenix
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Radulov? The one that ditched the Preds for the KHL? I thought he's been pretty much black listed by the entire NHL. Now, I think he's an awesome player from what I've seen when he was playing over here, and would love to have him on this team, but he really did a ******* move to the Preds and the NHL in general.

If I was Nashville I would have him at least start the season with the team, before I even think about moving him or he can take himself back to Russia.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 01:33 PM
  #71
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
Radulov? The one that ditched the Preds for the KHL? I thought he's been pretty much black listed by the entire NHL. Now, I think he's an awesome player from what I've seen when he was playing over here, and would love to have him on this team, but he really did a ******* move to the Preds and the NHL in general.

If I was Nashville I would have him at least start the season with the team, before I even think about moving him or he can take himself back to Russia.
I wouldn't touch Radulov with a 20ft stick! What he did to the Preds is just unacceptable. I hold him in the same contempt as I do wheeler.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 01:35 PM
  #72
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?
 
Naych_PHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: phoenix
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
I was just gonna say, does Blake Wheeler ring any bells? We would be the equivalent of the Bruins on this one.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 02:03 PM
  #73
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
Do you begrudge the Bruins at all for going after Wheeler? He was a UFA. Were you pissed at all when the Coyotes signed Kiel McLeod?

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 02:08 PM
  #74
Gwyddbwyll
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 10,536
vCash: 500
Is Radulov UFA? I thought Nashville hold his rights for a pretty long time.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 02:15 PM
  #75
pyregretzky
 
pyregretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
Is Radulov UFA? I thought Nashville hold his rights for a pretty long time.
Nashville still holds his rights. I think he would be cheaper to obtain than Filatov AND he is much more developed. We don't need more prospects/rookies we need actual players.

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.