HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes keeping Mueller; Looking for a top 6 forward and depth Dman before deadline?

Old
02-15-2010, 05:55 PM
PHX FireBirds18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
To PHX: Dubinsky, Callhan, Sauer

To NYR: Mueller, Cgy's 1st, Ross, Lang

Callahan-Lombardi-Doan
Prucha-Hanzal-Vrbata
Biz-Fiddler-Winnik
Pyatt-Dubinsky-Korpikoski
Thoughts anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
I don't know what game you're watching, but Lang at 39 yrs of age is much more effective offensively and defensively than Mueller. He is earning 1 mil for 1 year, which is LESS than what Mueller is earning.
If he can't work under the system he is not coachable.
That's a joke, Lang has been worse than Mueller. We need to upgrade his position.

Last edited by PHX FireBirds18: 02-15-2010 at 06:37 PM.
PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 06:25 PM
kingbrutis

I think the only way we give up that first is to get a real impact guy. Callahan is nice but he is also a -10. Not really a trait Tippet looks for.

I'd love to see them swing a deal for Fleischmann. Besides the Yotes, the Caps are my team. Caps need some D bad and we need a playmaker bad. The Caps have more than enough scoring but D is horrible. He is a Czech. There is you upgrade from Lang.

Fleischmann and Fehr

Muller, Yandle and Coyotes 2nd.

kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 06:36 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post
I think the only way we give up that first is to get a real impact guy. Callahan is nice but he is also a -10. Not really a trait Tippet looks for.

I'd love to see them swing a deal for Fleischmann. Besides the Yotes, the Caps are my team. Caps need some D bad and we need a playmaker bad. The Caps have more than enough scoring but D is horrible. He is a Czech. There is you upgrade from Lang.

Fleischmann and Fehr

Yandle isn't likely to move anywhere. He's had a breakout season and with Jovo down to 1 year on his contract and Aucoin and Michalek set to be UFA's (although I suspect they will both be resigned) moving Yandle creates a bigger hole thand the one we would be filling.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 06:57 PM
RR

Quote:
That's a joke, Lang has been worse than Mueller. We need to upgrade his position.
Points aside (Lang has 29 to Muell's 16), Lang's value is huge in the face-off circle. He's far more valuable to this team now than Mueller.

He may be old and slow, but he doesn't look lost out there and he knows where he needs to be when he's out on the ice. Can't say the same about Mueller.

Would I like an upgrade over Lang at center? Of course. But the need for more scoring is greater. And if that's not Mueller get someone else, even if you sit Mueller's butt the rest of the way. Lang does contribute; Mueller is not.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 06:58 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
He is earning 1 mil for 1 year, which is LESS than what Mueller is earning.
Since when is 1,000,000 < 850,000? Is that some sort of new math?

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:17 PM
RR

Quote:

Fleischmann and Fehr

You don't trade Yandle.

Old
02-15-2010, 07:20 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
Since when is 1,000,000 < 850,000? Is that some sort of new math?
He's probably looking at Mueller's cap hit of $1.7M, not realizing $850k of it are bonuses Mueller won't earn.

Old
02-15-2010, 07:20 PM
kingbrutis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
You don't trade Yandle.
Thats what everyone said about Ballard.

Old
02-15-2010, 07:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I really like Aucoin. I think we all do. He's had a great season, thus far. No denying that. I feel like I'm the only one not interested in giving him another contract. I appreciate all he's done but I don't know if Oak can keep this level up another season. He's pretty old.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:26 PM
RR

Quote:
And how did that work out for us? You don't trade Yandle.

Old
02-15-2010, 07:29 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I really like Aucoin. I think we all do. He's had a great season, thus far. No denying that. I feel like I'm the only one not interested in giving him another contract. I appreciate all he's done but I don't know if Oak can keep this level up another season. He's pretty old.
Did you know we gave him a limited NTC? Just found that out today. I'd have no problem bringing him back if he keeps playing at this level. He'll have just turned 37 when the 2010 season starts.

Old
02-15-2010, 07:30 PM
jmichael7753

Quote:
He is 36 he has at least 2 more years. And thats what I would offer to him. He is the best defensive defenseman on this team. He is rarely out of position, and he doesnt take a lot of penalties, but he still brings the physical game night in and night out.

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:36 PM
kingbrutis

Quote:
And how did that work out for us? You don't trade Yandle.
Lombardi, Vandermeer and a possible top ten pick. As bad as the panthers fans want him out of FLA, I'd say pretty danm good.

Old
02-15-2010, 07:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Thoughts anyone?

The proposal favors Phoenix too heavily.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:51 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

Quote:
I think the decision on Aucoin long term will hinge on Sauer. If Sauer is out the remainder of the year I think they have no choice but to bring him back.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:59 PM
kingbrutis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I think the decision on Aucoin long term will hinge on Sauer. If Sauer is out the remainder of the year I think they have no choice but to bring him back.

You have to bring him back. He has been a rock. Plus he is our shootout sniper. I hope Sauer comes back and AA. Bryz gives up bad rebounds somewhat often, but with stay at home guys there, his GAA would be even lower.

Old
02-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Unfortunately at this point I think it's pretty safe to assume Sauer is not coming back this year.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 08:27 PM
andimgone

I'd also like Aucoin back, even if Sauer does return next season. Vandermeer is the guy I want to see moved.

My hope for next season:

Jovanovski - Michalek
Yandle - Aucoin
Sauer - Goncharov
Lepisto

andimgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 08:28 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Unfortunately at this point I think it's pretty safe to assume Sauer is not coming back this year.
Yeah I pretty much wrote him off a month ago. The issue with Aucoin I guess is what type of deal does he want, not so much my will to keep him. I'd love to have him back. If he'd take the same money for a two year extension I'd do it.

Old
02-15-2010, 09:05 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
He is showing no signs of slowing down, and has been huge for us this year. I would like him back for sure.

Quote:
The proposal favors Phoenix too heavily.
I thought so, that's why I don't normally make those things.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:50 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
He doesn't need to be fast to play his game. What is the harm in offering him another year, at a decent rate? We stand to gain a lot of leadership, insurance for the bottom pairing and more competition in camp. With the farm about to cough up a handful of NHL ready guys we still need a veteran presence.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 05:04 AM
yakko

Quote:
He's probably looking at Mueller's cap hit of $1.7M, not realizing $850k of it are bonuses Mueller won't earn.
I knew that. I just hate when people are so adamant about making a point that they distort the facts either through misfeasance or malfeasance.

Quote:
Ballard was projected as a future captain, all around player and top 4 presence. He was projected as a balanced and complete player. He was projected as a lot of things he either is or might still become. He was never projected as an elite offensive defenseman. Ballard was not an elite offensive defenseman in college. Yandle was the CHL defenseman of the year after being the offensive catalyst on his team.

Forget potential. Yandle shows up and carries the puck around with the skill and confidence of an elite offensive defenseman. He has been doing so every night for months now. He would have a lot more points if the Coyotes forwards has more finish. Yandle goes end to end and puts the puck on the weak side forwards stick even when the rest of the team looks beat. You don't trade a guy like that. He is the one prospect the Coyotes have drafted in the last few years that is actually delivering on the ice in the NHL. You don't trade away a guy like that.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
Ballard was projected as a future captain, all around player and top 4 presence. He was projected as a balanced and complete player. He was projected as a lot of things he either is or might still become. He was never projected as an elite offensive defenseman. Ballard was not an elite offensive defenseman in college. Yandle was the CHL defenseman of the year after being the offensive catalyst on his team.

Forget potential. Yandle shows up and carries the puck around with the skill and confidence of an elite offensive defenseman. He has been doing so every night for months now. He would have a lot more points if the Coyotes forwards has more finish. Yandle goes end to end and puts the puck on the weak side forwards stick even when the rest of the team looks beat. You don't trade a guy like that. He is the one prospect the Coyotes have drafted in the last few years that is actually delivering on the ice in the NHL. You don't trade away a guy like that.
While I agree with pretty much everything you said, it's that last statement that really rings true. It'd be a shame to trade a young player that was drafted by the Yotes and is actually panning out!!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 07:44 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
While I agree with pretty much everything you said, it's that last statement that really rings true. It'd be a shame to trade a young player that was drafted by the Yotes and is actually panning out!!
Might also throw in Hanzal as far as delivering goes. He is a 1st round pick so I guess it's expected, but the drafting track record around here isn't very good so I want as much credit as possible for him. Hanzal has really quietly had a nice offensive year on the Czech line. He's already two points away from meeting his total last year.

Old
02-16-2010, 10:36 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Might also throw in Hanzal as far as delivering goes. He is a 1st round pick so I guess it's expected, but the drafting track record around here isn't very good so I want as much credit as possible for him. Hanzal has really quietly had a nice offensive year on the Czech line. He's already two points away from meeting his total last year.
He still needs to use his body to drive to the net more and create chances in the tough areas. I'd hate to add up the % of his shots that are weak wristers from justi nside the blue-line. I love the kid's efforts defensively, but he did lead the OHL in scoring and I was hoping that would translate to 50/60 points by this point in his career. Maybe his career year will come another year or two down the road comparable to Ryan Kesler's offensive breakout this season.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote