HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another loss; this time in OT

Old
01-20-2010, 11:44 PM
McEwen

vCash: 500
Bad call for the winner. Total dive.

Does anyone have a clip of that hit on Smid? Or remember where it was exactly in the game so I can try and rewind it? Musta been out of the room

McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risiko View Post
Raymond was diving for the puck. With that said, you guys got hosed. It was a terrible call. I actually didn't want the Canucks to score on the PP. **** the league needs to figure out it's officiating before the playoffs.
Suspend a few guys and that should fix it. And I don't mean after your 3rd infraction, I mean if you dive at all, automatic one game suspension, even if you don't get called in the game.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:45 PM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

I think the Fall 4 Hall talk should take a backseat to the absolutely pathetic reffing and pathetic diving by the Canucks.... Teh Sedin dive when Horcoff barrely touched him was so bush league, then the Samuelsson dive when Cogliano barely tugged on his jersey and he fell like he got leg whipped then the pathetic call and dive in OT.
Totally bush league and the league should investigate this nonsense because it happens a lot when the Canucks come to town and i am the last person to blame the refs but this was ridiculous.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:45 PM
awesomo
HARD!

the refs (the nhl) are giving the oilers the top pick!

woot

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:46 PM
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact

vCash: 1271
A lot of good performances tonight. Something to build on.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pox

vCash: 767
Send a message via MSN to pox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennertration View Post
Canucks impressed me tonight ... they are by far the best soccer team in the NHL. Not even close.
that sums it up

pox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
alanschu

As much as we're quick to slag on Ethan, I did notice that he (shortly followed by Visnovsky) was quick to hop over the boards to skate out to Dubnyk that was burying his head after the OT winner was scored.

While Moreau's play has not been very good this season, are we taking our bitterness towards his play and throwing him under the bus for everything?

I find fans are pretty quick to get on his case about a quote or something else that demonstrates his lack of leadership, but my interpretations of the same quotes are often not in sync with that viewpoint. I don't think he's been particularly stellar as a captain, but probably decidedly average. I don't have enough information to definitively state if Moreau is or is not a good captain. But I do think his image on these boards is a bit mired by the poor performance he (and the team) has had this year.

I mostly bring this up because it was brought up in a different thread during the game. So obviously I can have some confirmation bias at work as well.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TigerWoo

Somebody replay that marginal sweater tug penalty. I'd swear somebody speared Samuelsson at the same time and made him drop to his knees lol.

I was wondering why Cogs was enraged until I seen the replay haha

TigerWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:47 PM
tips

im about about the dive, but you gotta feel for doobie tonight. you can tell he really wants that first win. i want to see him get it, he deserves it as well.

tips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HotToddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I know that was what I was looking for this year, a watchable performace every 14 games or so.

HotToddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Boilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF99 View Post
I feel bad for Doobs

Samuelsson dived. Sedin tried at Center once when he fell forward from a Horcoff tap. Raymond dove.

I'm telling ya. It's like they practise it.

I'm also mad the Oil got 1 point!
Not only that but the first few minutes into the game a Sedin cuts Pisani over the eye and the reff is looking right at the play....NO *** CALL BY THOSE GODAMNED ZEBRAS..Later in the game Horcoff's stick goes high on a Sedin and the zebras hand is in the air faster than you can think "fixed game".

Boilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
I got a better one.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:48 PM
MePutPuckInNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Yep. It's a damn shame it had to end like that. But hey....at least we didn't lose in a shootout. That mighta sucked even more.

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TigerWoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I think the Fall 4 Hall talk should take a backseat to the absolutely pathetic reffing and pathetic diving by the Canucks.... Teh Sedin dive when Horcoff barrely touched him was so bush league, then the Samuelsson dive when Cogliano barely tugged on his jersey and he fell like he got leg whipped then the pathetic call and dive in OT.
Totally bush league and the league should investigate this nonsense because it happens a lot when the Canucks come to town and i am the last person to blame the refs but this was ridiculous.
The Canucks are a good team. I'll never deny that. i watch a sh**load of hockey on Center Ice.

That's the only reason I can get ticked off at them. If you had a PVR, like me, and watched a lot of their calls, they dive an INSANE amount of times

That Sedin attempt when Horcoff brushed him from the back was brutal.

Old
Philly85
Raps'

Also, I thought Strudwick played that GWG horribly. No hockey sense on the play, giving Sedin a huge lane to pass the puck, alas... this is all micro-analysis and it probably wouldn't of even mattered anyways.

Bad game by the Canucks and they still won.

Last edited by RKD: 01-20-2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: qdp
Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Risiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Suspend a few guys and that should fix it. And I don't mean after your 3rd infraction, I mean if you dive at all, automatic one game suspension, even if you don't get called in the game.
For the record, I don't think Raymond dived trying to draw a penalty, he's reaching with the puck. But Kesler and Burrows dive all the time and it's as good players as they are, it's hard to watch. Diving has destroyed soccer, let's not let it happen to hockey too. I would totally be behind an automatic one game suspension, I really doubt the league would though.

Risiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:49 PM
TigerWoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilers View Post
Not only that but the first few minutes into the game a Sedin cuts Pisani over the eye and the reff is looking right at the play....NO *** CALL BY THOSE GODAMNED ZEBRAS..Later in the game Horcoff's stick goes high on a Sedin and the zebras hand is in the air faster than you can think "fixed game".
I forgot about that one. He got his visor and he grabbed his face and right when the refs arm goes up he goes back to full speed haha

Old
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF99 View Post
The Canucks are a good team. I'll never deny that. i watch a sh**load of hockey on Center Ice.

That's the only reason I can get ticked off at them. If you had a PVR, like me, and watched a lot of their calls, they dive an INSANE amount of times

That Sedin attempt when Horcoff brushed him from the back was brutal.
They are a good team that's what makes it even more sad, they don't need to resort to garbage like that but they do, it's quite pathetic

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
For the record, I don't think Raymond dived trying to draw a penalty, he's reaching with the puck. But Kesler and Burrows dive all the time and it's as good players as they are, it's hard to watch. Diving has destroyed soccer, let's not let it happen to hockey too. I would totally be behind an automatic one game suspension, I really doubt the league would though.
That's fine, suspension, regardless, will force players to think twice about being gutless wonders.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap Brannigan View Post
Classy Classy organization Vancouver is!
Vancouver and Class shouldn't be said in the same sentence. At least a Tetley tea bag is good for one cup. The Canucks can't even say that.

Old
01-20-2010, 11:51 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's not on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil slick View Post
Hearing that raging homer Garret trying to defend the call burned me up. I'm as pissed as I've been in a loss for a long time.
That was ********. Garrett is the biggest puke in hockey broadcasting.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Lounge Act*

Yes, because insisting the Leafs will have a better future than the Oilers is "realistic".

Not that there's anything good to say about this sorry team, but I've never heard him say anything complimentary. Ever.

Lounge Act* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Pennertration

What's really sad is that diving isn't even considered an issue in the NHL. It's no were even close to the radar.

Everyone has ****** for head shots but no one gives a crap that diving is an integral part of the game that is leading it on a path to ruin.

Hope you love soccer on skates. Thanks a lot Mike Ribeiro.

Pennertration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:53 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
I agree, i dont think Raymond dived, he dived for the puck but not for the call. The refs just werent very good, but hey a loss just brings us closer to Hall

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennertration View Post
Canucks impressed me tonight ... they are by far the best soccer team in the NHL. Not even close.
The only thing the Cancks are good in is diving. They're practicing for the Olympic Diving Team at the 2012 Summer Olympics. I hate the Vancouver Divers.